the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Siege

Go down 
+15
PeteWisdom
The_Cognition
Thomas
howie024m
Shaun
munson!
Figga
Liquid Sword
GoZ
Mr.Wholesome
TJ
CaptainJoel
Shadowrenderer
minimalist
True Believer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:10 pm

True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:
so many of those choices make no sense. I can't see Norman having any way of keeping them in check. Especially Mephisto and the Beyonder.

Maybe Mephisto really has nothing better to do than fuck with Peter Parker all day. Or, perhaps after this
Spoiler:
they form some sort of alliance.

Still don't see it.

Also more curiously, why would they bring Norman there naked?

I assume to humble him. And he probably wasn't wearing anything under the armor. He was "going commando" in every sense.

Still though, their supernatural beings, I'm sure they can make him appear with clothes on.

A man with clothes is a man with status, with possessions. If they bring him forward in the buff he's bound to feel powerless and humbled. Of course, I don't know what their intentions are, but whatever they are, it couldn't hurt.

i get that and i understand that.......just don't wanna suffer through probably about 15 pages or so of norman in the nude. kinda disturbs me.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:31 pm

TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:
so many of those choices make no sense. I can't see Norman having any way of keeping them in check. Especially Mephisto and the Beyonder.

Maybe Mephisto really has nothing better to do than fuck with Peter Parker all day. Or, perhaps after this
Spoiler:
they form some sort of alliance.

Still don't see it.

Also more curiously, why would they bring Norman there naked?

I assume to humble him. And he probably wasn't wearing anything under the armor. He was "going commando" in every sense.

Still though, their supernatural beings, I'm sure they can make him appear with clothes on.

A man with clothes is a man with status, with possessions. If they bring him forward in the buff he's bound to feel powerless and humbled. Of course, I don't know what their intentions are, but whatever they are, it couldn't hurt.

i get that and i understand that.......just don't wanna suffer through probably about 15 pages or so of norman in the nude. kinda disturbs me.

It's not that big of a deal. For one Dedato uses way too much black when he inks anyway. So I doubt you'll see that much detail on the faces, let alone Osborn's naked body.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Also I'm liking how they're finally realizing just how powerful Molecule Man is. He's a Galactus level threat.

I thought he was reformed though?

Last edited by minimalist on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:49 pm

I bet its Wanda.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 am

minimalist wrote:
WAIT!!!!!! Is Norman holding one of the Infinity Gems???

It looks to me like it was a left-over obedience disk from World War Hulk. If that's the case - and given that this is more Bendis - I could see it being the Beyonder. In the New Avengers Illuminati mini-series, it was revealed that the Beyonder was really just another Inhuman who had created his own little world in which Secret Wars II was being played out. Kind of a stretch, true but that would also explain why Doom seemed to be put in his place when Norman announced to the Cabal that he had a "friend".

I don't see Osborn controlling Mephisto or Odin with an obedience disk and isn't Thanos dead?

Of course, we may know more after the next Dark Avengers issue comes out.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Ok. Last try here. Triple post.. W00t.

I think Norman's mystery ally is The Torch. It looks like a fire blast to me in The Cabal One-Shot.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:05 pm

howie024m wrote:

I think Norman's mystery ally is The Torch. It looks like a fire blast to me in The Cabal One-Shot.

It looks more like Lightning.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Thomas wrote:
howie024m wrote:

It looks more like Lightning.

Ya, I see what you mean in the second shot of Doom getting blasted. The first one looks more like a blast wave engulfing him, and it looks like things are on fire in the backdrop of each panel after. Everything has a very orange tint.
Back to top Go down
The_Cognition
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
The_Cognition

Male Age : 41

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:35 pm

minimalist wrote:
I bet its Wanda.

i thought wanda lost her abilities and her memory?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 am

Nope,

I am not excited at all for Civil War 2.0. None on that list makes sense, so its probably Wanda.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:13 am

Did this start yet?
I'm still a bit behind.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:16 am

shazam! wrote:
Did this start yet?
I'm still a bit behind.

Kinda, basically, because The Siege: Cabal One-Shot came out. The Siege comes out January.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:02 am

howie024m wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Did this start yet?
I'm still a bit behind.

Kinda, basically, because The Siege: Cabal One-Shot came out. The Siege comes out January.

And it came out with a 5 page preview or whatever from Siege. And yes, it starts out exactly like Civil War, in Stamford 2.0
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:08 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
howie024m wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Did this start yet?
I'm still a bit behind.

And it came out with a 5 page preview or whatever from Siege. And yes, it starts out exactly like Civil War, in Stamford 2.0

Yeah, but in Bendis' defense, Loki basically said that was the point.

I'm hesitant. Civil War, Secret Invasion, and Dark Reign were all really cool concepts that were squandered horribly. The Cabal accomplished almost nothing. I'm hoping (but not especially optimistic) that the Siege changes all that.

And if not . . . At least it's only 4 issues.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:16 am

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
howie024m wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Did this start yet?
I'm still a bit behind.

Yeah, but in Bendis' defense, Loki basically said that was the point.

I'm hesitant. Civil War, Secret Invasion, and Dark Reign were all really cool concepts that were squandered horribly. The Cabal accomplished almost nothing. I'm hoping (but not especially optimistic) that the Siege changes all that.

And if not . . . At least it's only 4 issues.

Yeah, I'm finally sticking to my word and not buying into it. I gave Secret Invasion a chance because everyone is like... "ohhh he's been planning this for years! Its going to be awesome! OMG Skrulls!"

And.... it might have been the most disappointing out of anything he's ever Produced. No thats lie, House of M and Disassembled were crap too. But still.

I'm just saying... his work ain't like a glass of fine wine... 4 years... 7 years... still give you a shitty aftertaste once its all said and done.

You can quote that
Back to top Go down
The_Cognition
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
The_Cognition

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:01 pm

I THOUGHT ALL THE STORIES FROM THE BEGINNING "THE HOUSE OF M" WERE REALLY SOLID. "HOUSE OF M" MOSTLY. BUT EVERYTHING THAT MARVEL HAS SHELLED OUT SINCE THEN HAS BEEN REALLY INTRIGUINGLY CAPTIVATING. PUSHING THE MARVEL UNIVERSE FROM HERE TO THERE. ITS EXCITING. IM WAITNG FOR STARK AND CAP TO GET TOGETHER AND "GET SOME"
Back to top Go down
The_Cognition
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
The_Cognition

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:02 pm

AND ID LIKE TO SEE WANDA COME BACK. BUT I DOUBT IT. UNLESS THEY RETCONN HER WHICH WOULD REALLY SUCK.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:10 pm

The_Cognition wrote:
AND ID LIKE TO SEE WANDA COME BACK. BUT I DOUBT IT. UNLESS THEY RETCONN HER WHICH WOULD REALLY SUCK.

Bendis did it to make Disassembled and House of M possible, I don't see why he won't do it again.
Back to top Go down
The_Cognition
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
The_Cognition

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:50 pm

WELL I WOULDNT IT DOESNT REALLY GIVE HER A PURPOSE BUT TO FUCK SHIT UP. JUST DOESNT SEEM LIKE LOGIC. SHE CANT BE THE REASON FOR EVERYTHING GETTING ALL WRONG IN MARVEL. IT SEEMS LIKE REAL LAME TACTIC AFTER LIKE 2 OR 3 TIMES.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:55 pm

The_Cognition wrote:
WELL I WOULDNT IT DOESNT REALLY GIVE HER A PURPOSE BUT TO FUCK SHIT UP. JUST DOESNT SEEM LIKE LOGIC. SHE CANT BE THE REASON FOR EVERYTHING GETTING ALL WRONG IN MARVEL. IT SEEMS LIKE REAL LAME TACTIC AFTER LIKE 2 OR 3 TIMES.

Nope, none of it is logical.
Back to top Go down
twelves
Youngling
Youngling
twelves

Male Age : 40

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:17 am

The obedience disk idea is intriguing. Having the Beyonder under his control with one of those seems like it could plausibly be executed. Originally I thought that Norman might have been able to bribe one the characters shown on the promo, I'm just not sure what he has that any of them would even want. I mean really, really want, aside from typical bribes of world domination/souls for the harvest/revenge/personal torture realm etc etc.

And what about the promo with the dude flying with all the onlookers pointing and gasping. Are we sure that isn't the Sentry? He's got a cape sure, but he's all shadowed over so were not sure of his true identity. Maybe that's the mystery bodyguard?

X Man being back is pretty kickass tho! What was the issue where we see him return in? Was it Dark Avengers? I'm glad he was brought back, Cable been kinda lame lately. Now X Man is someone who would kick the tar out of the Sentry! LoL sorry Cog!
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:53 am

I hope the mystery figure is Anti-man, and then Blue Marvel's son shows up and fucks his shit up. Mighty Avengers would then be Cap, Thor, Sentry, and the mutherfuckin' Blue Marvel.

. . . I hope the spy doesn't take that idea. that would suck.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:54 am

bayani wrote:
I hope the mystery figure is Anti-man, and then Blue Marvel's son shows up and fucks his shit up. Mighty Avengers would then be Cap, Thor, Sentry, and the mutherfuckin' Blue Marvel.

. . . I hope the spy doesn't take that idea. that would suck.

Yeah.. I didn't like any of that at all.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:18 am

True Believer wrote:

Siege - Page 3 Siege_whoisnormanosbornssecretweapon

Siege - Page 3 Dark_x10
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:15 pm

The EFF???

So I'm guessing the sliver of Void finally took over Emma. We all knew it was coming, why use the same picture of Norman from that promo of who his secret weapon was. I can't have been Emma back then because the Void sliver thing happened after that initial meeting, and I doubt Loki, Doom, and even the Hood would have been scared or swayed by Emma... even with the Void inside of her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Siege - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege   Siege - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Siege
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next