the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)

Go down 
+15
GoZ
Shadowrenderer
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
shazam!
Figga
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
Liquid Sword
howie024m
Tim Radd
Brian21
CaptainJoel
TJ
True Believer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:58 am

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Best story arc - I know it's barely started but I'm going with Blackest Night.

Barely started? It hasn't started at all! All we've seen so far is a "prelude" and an issue #0 on FCBD. There's really nothing to base that on but speculation.

issue 0 doesn't even come out till the next couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 1:13 am

TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Barely started? It hasn't started at all! All we've seen so far is a "prelude" and an issue #0 on FCBD. There's really nothing to base that on but speculation.

wat.

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 Blackest_night
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 1:19 am

shazam! wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

wat.

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 Blackest_night

I forgot about that.............I was just remembering that what happened in last Green Lantern happened before 0. So, it had me in the mindset that it was still to come.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 1:07 pm

TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Geoff John's hasn't let me down yet and the lead in to Blackest Night has been great.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Geoff John's hasn't let me down yet and the lead in to Blackest Night has been great.

Ah, so writer > content?

Okay.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:40 am

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Ah, so writer > content?

Okay.

in the case of this writer/character combo i think its a safe to have a lil blind faith the story will be most epic
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Well looks like I was right with Blackest Night being the best story arc. Only one issue and already it's one of the most badass comics I've ever read.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:20 am

Thomas wrote:
Well looks like I was right with Blackest Night being the best story arc. Only one issue and already it's one of the most badass comics I've ever read.

Okay, how about you finish it before you start applying superlatives? I swear, Geoff Johns is so hyperbolically praised and infrequently criticized comic book writers.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:26 am

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Okay, how about you finish it before you start applying superlatives? I swear, Geoff Johns is so hyperbolically praised and infrequently criticized comic book writers.

Seriously people need to stop riding his nuts so hard or we'll end up breaking him and left with another Jeph Loeb.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:36 am

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

TAKE THAT BACK! HE'S THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:13 am

GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

That's right. Revelations is upon us. He's destined to Rebirth the entire world of comics, and then everything will be perfect.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

That's right. Revelations is upon us. He's destined to Rebirth the entire world of comics, and then everything will be perfect.

.......but overcrowded.........thus leading to another CoIE
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:17 am

TJ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Damn non-believers.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:24 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
TJ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Damn non-believers.

TESTIFY! Brother Dante.....TITAN POWER!
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:30 am

GoZ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
TJ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Damn non-believers.

You might not get what I'm saying. Geoff is self sustaining........letting DC lead up to another CoIE like event, which will than lead to another IC type of event where he himself will write it.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:31 am

GoZ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
TJ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Damn non-believers.

I've witnessed the rebirth with my own eyes. Can I get an amen?

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 Revbrown
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:34 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
TJ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Damn non-believers.

I've witnessed the rebirth with my own eyes. Can I get an amen?

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 Revbrown

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 Amen
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:41 am

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Well I haven't read much Marvel lately... but from what I've read.

Best Miniseries- JLA/Avengers. I honestly can't think of anything else... errr

Best Run- Green Lantern (Geoff & Ivan!!), Wildcats (they're back!), Savage Dragon (the last year or so). Bendis on Ult Spidey has been great for the most part, too.

Best Single Issue- too hard to remember something like this...

Best Event- Sinestro Corps War. Easily. Infinite Crisis gets a mention, too. But it's certainly not all that close in cool or quality.

Worst Miniseries- Onslaught Reborn. (Groan...)

Worst Run- Of the stuff I've read maybe the current Teen Titans...

Worst Single Issue- Again, too hard to call.

Worst Event- I'm gonna say Final Crisis. As much as I enjoyed parts of it. It was too disjointed & you had to read Superman Beyond & maybe a few other things to get it... The final issue was great, tho'.

Best comic movie - Iron Man. I know everyone's gonna say TDK, but I though IM was more enjoyable. Which is why I watch movies, enjoyment.

Best comic based animated series - Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Honourable mention to Wolverine & the X-Men.

Wow, I forgot all about Onslaught Reborn. That was pretty weak. I'm surprised you picked it, though.

And how is Final Crisis the worst event if you enjoyed parts of it and the final issue? There's really no event that was worse in your opinion?

Well to be fair I wasn't really giving the decade a fair go... All of these were from the last year or so except JLA/Avengers.

Onslaught Reborn is horrible...

FC I just didn't enjoy that much. Partly cos of delays I guess, but eh...
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:42 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Best Run- Green Lantern (Geoff & Ivan!!), Wildcats (they're back!), Savage Dragon (the last year or so). Bendis on Ult Spidey has been great for the most part, too.

Best Event- Sinestro Corps War. Easily. Infinite Crisis gets a mention, too. But it's certainly not all that close in cool or quality.

Worst Event- I'm gonna say Final Crisis. As much as I enjoyed parts of it. It was too disjointed & you had to read Superman Beyond & maybe a few other things to get it... The final issue was great, tho'.

Best comic movie - Iron Man. I know everyone's gonna say TDK, but I though IM was more enjoyable. Which is why I watch movies, enjoyment.

Best comic based animated series - Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Honourable mention to Wolverine & the X-Men.

Wow, I forgot all about Onslaught Reborn. That was pretty weak. I'm surprised you picked it, though.

And how is Final Crisis the worst event if you enjoyed parts of it and the final issue? There's really no event that was worse in your opinion?

Well to be fair I wasn't really giving the decade a fair go... All of these were from the last year or so except JLA/Avengers.

So the one and only episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures that been aired is enough to get it the best comic cartoon of the decade? I would go with Justice League Unlumited.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:10 am

TJ wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

i dont see how itd become overcrowded the population of DC comics is the same as always just now ppl are getting of the Big 3's nuts so hard and going "hey ya know we have plenty of other great characters and even more untapped ones with great potential" to me "Johns era" DC is more so making the best out of all they got instead of just saying fuck it and giving up on non A listers right away.

aside from him n morrison slowly re-piecing the multiverse together the changes to DC have been more in depth and detailing the material already there then just adding a bunch of shit on top of what was already there which was the real cause of CoIE
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:40 am

Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

So the one and only episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures that been aired is enough to get it the best comic cartoon of the decade? I would go with Justice League Unlumited.

1 ep? We've had about a season here...

I haven't seen JLU...

Everything I've said is, obviously, stuff I've actually read/seen.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:34 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I haven't seen JLU...

you're kidding, you've never seen JLU?????
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:36 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I haven't seen JLU...

Maybe it hasn't aired down undah. I totally forgot about the Iron Man cartoon. And has the 2nd season of Spectacular Spectacular Spider-Man aired in teh states yet?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I haven't seen JLU...

Maybe it hasn't aired down undah. I totally forgot about the Iron Man cartoon. And has the 2nd season of Spectacular Spectacular Spider-Man aired in teh states yet?

He has a computer why does he need to wait for it to come on TV?

And there has been at least 11 episodes of Iron Man. I like the cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I haven't seen JLU...

He has a computer why does he need to wait for it to come on TV?

And there has been at least 11 episodes of Iron Man. I like the cartoon.

I dunno... maybe he feels bad about stealing TV shows off the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next