the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Action Comics #893

Go down 
+3
TJ
minimalist
howie024m
7 posters
AuthorMessage
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Action Comics #893 00

Action Comics #893 01

Action Comics #893 02

Action Comics #893 03

Action Comics #893 04

Action Comics #893 05

Action Comics #893 06

Action Comics #893 07

Action Comics #893 08

Action Comics #893 09

Action Comics #893 10

Action Comics #893 11

Action Comics #893 12

Action Comics #893 13

Action Comics #893 14

Action Comics #893 15

Action Comics #893 16

Action Comics #893 17

Action Comics #893 18

Action Comics #893 19

Action Comics #893 20

Action Comics #893 21

Action Comics #893 22

Action Comics #893 23

Action Comics #893 24

Action Comics #893 25

Action Comics #893 26

Action Comics #893 27

Action Comics #893 28

Action Comics #893 29

Action Comics #893 30

Action Comics #893 31

Action Comics #893 32

Action Comics #893 33

Action Comics #893 34

Action Comics #893 35

Action Comics #893 36

Action Comics #893 37
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Wow this is one of those rare times when they incorporate the Vertigo characters into mainstream DCU. I hope it happens more often.

Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 pm

This is one of those things that has me wondering (and I hope they answer) "Just how long has she been hoping around both the DC and Vertigo Universes? Was she around during Blackest Night? And if so what was her role in the matter?"
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:22 am

They try not to mix the Vertigo U with the DCU too much. The reason they stated was because of the redundancies of character like the Black Racer/Death/ and apparently Nekron... but more so because of the ridiculously insane power levels of Vertigo characters in relation to the characters in the DCU. Imagine Elaine Belloc in the DCU? Imagine Michael, or Lucifer, or Fenris the Wolf... It just wouldn't work.

And while I understand that... man do I wanna see it happen. Vertigo is by far my favorite imprint... and although I love Superman and Wally West, and Mr. Terrific... Elaine Belloc and Lucifer the Morning Star are my two most favorite characters in any universe.

I doubt I will ever find a character I like more then Elaine.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:28 am

minimalist wrote:
They try not to mix the Vertigo U with the DCU too much. The reason they stated was because of the redundancies of character like the Black Racer/Death/ and apparently Nekron... but more so because of the ridiculously insane power levels of Vertigo characters in relation to the characters in the DCU. Imagine Elaine Belloc in the DCU? Imagine Michael, or Lucifer, or Fenris the Wolf... It just wouldn't work.

And while I understand that... man do I wanna see it happen. Vertigo is by far my favorite imprint... and although I love Superman and Wally West, and Mr. Terrific... Elaine Belloc and Lucifer the Morning Star are my two most favorite characters in any universe.

I think the main reason, is that Vertigo titles explore a different style of storytelling than the normal DCU books. They're allowed to be more mature and all that.

That being said, the Sandman books were always set in the DCU even under the Vertigo imprint. So she's actually be running around the DCU the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:31 am

She, being Death.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:34 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
minimalist wrote:

I think the main reason, is that Vertigo titles explore a different style of storytelling than the normal DCU books. They're allowed to be more mature and all that.

That being said, the Sandman books were always set in the DCU even under the Vertigo imprint. So she's actually be running around the DCU the whole time.

I should have read this better. (I'm kinda tired, and a little drunk.) IDK how long Elaine has been in the DCU.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:29 am

Why isn't anybody talking about Jimmy's story? I know Death is cool but that story is awesome not only does it have Chloe from Smallville but it's back to the good old days with Jimmy's zany adventures.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Thomas wrote:
Why isn't anybody talking about Jimmy's story? I know Death is cool but that story is awesome not only does it have Chloe from Smallville but it's back to the good old days with Jimmy's zany adventures.

totally bro!!! Vertigo < Jimmy Olsen back-up
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:22 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:53 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Fixed.
As much as I love Vertigo, Jimmy Olsen is cooler than everything.
And Vertigo kinda ushered in a new wave of "mature readers" who are all fags, I guess you really can't blame the imprint for those people but fuck them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Action Comics #893 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Comics #893   Action Comics #893 Empty

Back to top Go down

Action Comics #893
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: OQL-
Jump to: