the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)

Go down 
+15
GoZ
Shadowrenderer
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
shazam!
Figga
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
Liquid Sword
howie024m
Tim Radd
Brian21
CaptainJoel
TJ
True Believer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:33 am

favorite reason to hate brian micheal bendis- LC wrecks the Wrecker with a mail box/ anything he's written about the sentry

favorite new character- Static the fact that he's back is all it took for me, his cartoon was kinda lame but the book as always pretty kick ass and FINALLY a black dude on the titans whos sic that isnt Cyborg (no offense but i think its ridiculous he's been so heavily entwined in that book for this long)/ Damian aka Robin, finally a new Robin that doesn't need to be saved in a toe to toe fight w/ a solid martial artist and the kid's not dumb. impetuous, murderous even but he ain't dumb. and i still think he make a much better pairing w/ bruce then dick but its still all good.

i like Tim in fact he's pretty much my fav Robin but I mean how many times has he been owned over the last 2-3 years? when Jason Todd knocks you the fuck out in your own home, wearing a homo-version of ur costume you need to go holler at shiva like "hey..i was spaced out on a few lessons.i need some summer schooling." Also this whole red robin thing is gonna lead to tim becoming asshole future titans batman, think about it.

best run- Geoff Johns' JSA/Green Lantern both have been gold for a looooong time now actually i might have to tip the scale to GL cuz JSA has been the shit since it was relaunched way back when flat out

best mini-series-All Star Superman

best event- Infinite Crisis i gotta admit i mean dude u got Superman vs Superman, SBP showing exactly how ridiculously powerful silver age dudes were but in a way thats makes you go GOTDAYUMN, and Joker in the end? full of win

eh thats all i got for now
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:44 am

Best story arc - I know it's barely started but I'm going with Blackest Night.

Best Artist - Ivan Reiz

Worst Artist - Chaykin

Best Writer - Geoff Johns or Ed Brubaker

Worst Writer - Jeph Loeb

Best Revamp of a character - Nova, Hal Jordan, or Bucky

Best new series - Green Lantern or Nova

Best new team - Guardians of the Galaxy, Agents of Atlas, or Secret Six

Worst new team - Infinity Inc. or New Warriors

Best Independent series - Invincible or Y The Last Man

Most improved character - Power Girl or Black Adam

Most ruined character - Sentry
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:34 am

Thomas wrote:

Best Artist - Ivan Reiz

Worst Artist - Chaykin

Worst Writer - Jeph Loeb

Isn't image considered a main publisher?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:42 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Best Artist - Ivan Reiz

Worst Artist - Chaykin

Worst Writer - Jeph Loeb

Isn't image considered a main publisher?

I always consider anything not under the main Marvel or DC publishing insignia to independent.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Thomas wrote:

Best Artist - Ivan Reiz

Worst Artist - Chaykin

Worst Writer - Jeph Loeb

I'm reticent to give Jeph Loeb worst writer of the decade, because he started the decade off great with Dark Victory, Superman/Batman, and Hush. He just ended it with shit like For Tomorrow, Ultimates, and Hulk.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:52 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Best Artist - Ivan Reiz

Worst Artist - Chaykin

Worst Writer - Jeph Loeb

I'm reticent to give Jeph Loeb worst writer of the decade, because he started the decade off great with Dark Victory, Superman/Batman, and Hush. He just ended it with shit like For Tomorrow, Ultimates, and Hulk.

For Tomorrow as in Superman: For Tomorrow? Because that wasn't Jeph Loeb that was Brian Azzarello.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Best Artist - Ivan Reiz

Worst Artist - Chaykin

Worst Writer - Jeph Loeb

For Tomorrow as in Superman: For Tomorrow? Because that wasn't Jeph Loeb that was Brian Azzarello.

Whoops, I'm dumb. Pretend I said Ultimatum.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 2:27 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
favorite reason to hate brian micheal bendis- LC wrecks the Wrecker with a mail box/ anything he's written about the sentry

favorite new character- Static the fact that he's back is all it took for me, his cartoon was kinda lame but the book as always pretty kick ass and FINALLY a black dude on the titans whos sic that isnt Cyborg (no offense but i think its ridiculous he's been so heavily entwined in that book for this long)/ Damian aka Robin, finally a new Robin that doesn't need to be saved in a toe to toe fight w/ a solid martial artist and the kid's not dumb. impetuous, murderous even but he ain't dumb. and i still think he make a much better pairing w/ bruce then dick but its still all good.

i like Tim in fact he's pretty much my fav Robin but I mean how many times has he been owned over the last 2-3 years? when Jason Todd knocks you the fuck out in your own home, wearing a homo-version of ur costume you need to go holler at shiva like "hey..i was spaced out on a few lessons.i need some summer schooling." Also this whole red robin thing is gonna lead to tim becoming asshole future titans batman, think about it.

best run- Geoff Johns' JSA/Green Lantern both have been gold for a looooong time now actually i might have to tip the scale to GL cuz JSA has been the shit since it was relaunched way back when flat out

best mini-series-All Star Superman

best event- Infinite Crisis i gotta admit i mean dude u got Superman vs Superman, SBP showing exactly how ridiculously powerful silver age dudes were but in a way thats makes you go GOTDAYUMN, and Joker in the end? full of win

eh thats all i got for now

Not trying to start some big ol' argument or nothin, but how do you figure Red Robin turnin Tim into an ass hole? I thought he's been pretty cool in the role. And for the record, Jason Todd isn't a pushover. He's gone through an almost exact replication of the training Bruce recieved, so it's not like getting beaten by him is a total embarassment. e's got a ton more experience than Tim does, and can go toe to toe with Dick Grayson who is now Batman. In BFTC, Damien was a little bitch when confronted by Killer Croc and Poison Ivy too, and Nightwing had to bail him out. His decisions lately have also been impulsive and not always very well thought out. So he may not be dumb, but he's got a lot to learn.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:29 pm

I didn't what to put Trinity under.

But it should be somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:50 pm

shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:55 pm

TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Brand New Day's not a mini.

True.....but it just ended Spiderman for me. I guess whats pretty bad right now is Savage She-Hulk.

I just thoguht you meant One More Day.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:56 pm

Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:58 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?
Drawn out, yeah

Useless how?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:01 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?

He may mean the Matt Wagner story. If so, I can see that on someone's best list. But if he does mean the weekly maxi, it's so mediocre I couldn't see it on a best or worst list. Its existence had no affect whatsoever on me or anything else.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:08 pm

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?

He may mean the Matt Wagner story. If so, I can see that on someone's best list. But if he does mean the weekly maxi, it's so mediocre I couldn't see it on a best or worst list. Its existence had no affect whatsoever on me or anything else.

The Wagner one could be on someone's best list but so could the maxi imo, it's a nit drawn out but I still like the story.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:24 pm

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?

The Maxi-Series.
Pretty much is because it's just mediocre to me. I've never been able to really read a lot because it comes out weekly. It's too much for me to keep up with since I've been low on cash. I've read about 15 issues, and it just doesn't seem like it really needs to be there... And I really dislike Bagley drawing Batman for some reason. He doesn't fit the tone that resonates in my mind on Batman.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 5:25 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:

True.....but it just ended Spiderman for me. I guess whats pretty bad right now is Savage She-Hulk.

The only thing bad about Savage She-Hulk is that in the future they think that Norman Osborn is the world's greatest hero.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:

The only thing bad about Savage She-Hulk is that in the future they think that Norman Osborn is the world's greatest hero.

History is written by the victors...
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:

And the fact that it has little to nothing to do with She-Hulk. "The madder she gets, the weaker she gets" is a retarded uncreative ability. It reads like it was written 15 years ago. Traveling several years to the past to procreate with Norman Osborn is dumb shit. There's no real story, it's just flashbacks ("flash-forwards?") and fight scenes. And it's another Dark Reign book that will have no affect on the Dark Reign story, and probably none on the Hulk family.

The art's decent, though.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:39 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:

And the fact that it has little to nothing to do with She-Hulk. "The madder she gets, the weaker she gets" is a retarded uncreative ability. It reads like it was written 15 years ago. Traveling several years to the past to procreate with Norman Osborn is dumb shit. There's no real story, it's just flashbacks ("flash-forwards?") and fight scenes. And it's another Dark Reign book that will have no affect on the Dark Reign story, and probably none on the Hulk family.

The art's decent, though.

I actually really like the art. She hulk looks damn hot.

I just wish the story was good.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:19 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?

The Maxi-Series.
Pretty much is because it's just mediocre to me. I've never been able to really read a lot because it comes out weekly. It's too much for me to keep up with since I've been low on cash. I've read about 15 issues, and it just doesn't seem like it really needs to be there... And I really dislike Bagley drawing Batman for some reason. He doesn't fit the tone that resonates in my mind on Batman.

Torrents man, torrents.

I never paid for a single issue until last month when my LCS had the fist 12 issues together for $7.
Smile

And I love Bagley's art in it. Batman especially.

Except in one of the first few issues where they're fighting konvikt, it's on like the first page, konvikts face looks like when 1st graders try to draw "dragon ball z eyes."
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:29 pm

shazam! wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?

The Maxi-Series.

Torrents man, torrents.

I never paid for a single issue until last month when my LCS had the fist 12 issues together for $7.
Smile

Except in one of the first few issues where they're fighting konvikt, it's on like the first page, konvikts face looks like when 1st graders try to draw "dragon ball z eyes."

AGREED!

Konvict looked fucked UP!

I would get them off torrents, but I'm not really aware of where to get them.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
shazam! wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?

The Maxi-Series.

Torrents man, torrents.

Smile

AGREED!

Check your inbox in a minute.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:33 pm

shazam! wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
shazam! wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Most drawn out story?

Most Useless Book?

The Maxi-Series.

Torrents man, torrents.

Smile

AGREED!

Check your inbox in a minute.

Aye-aye, home fry!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:53 am

Thomas wrote:

Barely started? It hasn't started at all! All we've seen so far is a "prelude" and an issue #0 on FCBD. There's really nothing to base that on but speculation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next