the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)

Go down 
+15
GoZ
Shadowrenderer
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
shazam!
Figga
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
Liquid Sword
howie024m
Tim Radd
Brian21
CaptainJoel
TJ
True Believer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:07 am

Figga wrote:
bayani wrote:

Worst Art: Whoever is on Fantastic Four right now. I've never not been attracted to Sue Storm. His faces Blow.

Bryan Hitch, I think

Brian Hitch's work for Ultimates far out ways his work on FF.

Meaning he doesn't deserve worst art.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:37 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
What about :

Best New Character

Best New Title

Hell YES!

Best New Character: Jaime Reyes, the new Blue Beetle. I really loved his opening in Infinte Crisis and his series was the freaking bomb.

Best New Title: Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E., this is the series that got me into Warren Ellis, I loved every minute of it. Every page was just crawling with perfection. And RORKANNU'S LOVE OF SUICIDE GIRLS! It's something I go back and re-read often.

Best Comic Movie: Iron Man, it went all the way with star power and didn't cut back on the comic-inspired script. It is the new Spider-man, to me.

Favorite Resurrection: Thor, he came back from the dead and totally cracked the post-Civil War Marvel U wide open and put Asgard smack dab in the middle of America.

Favorite book that should have been done on time: Old Man Logan. Why is it still not done?

Good shit.

Best New Character: Hush. At the time he was probably the best new Batman character introduced in a while.

Best New Title: Y: The Last Man or The Walking Dead. Honorable mention to Invincible.

Best Movie: Well, all the best comic book movies came out this decade, but how can I not say the Dark Knight? It was the best comic book movie of all time.

Best Resurrection: Bucky. It was the one resurrection that no one expected or wanted to happen, but they make it work. My only problem is they didn't do much with him until he became Cap, now they may ruin even that.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Best New Character Damian, The Immortal Weapons, Invincible

Best Comic Book Movie: The Dark Knight and Iron Man

Best Ressurection: Hal Jordan, for sure.

Best character revamp: Iron Fist and Nova

Best Event: Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Best New character: Layla Miller

Best event: Civil War (it got me back into comics after not having read them for almost 20 years)

More to come...
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:14 pm

Figga wrote:
Best New character: Layla Miller

Best event: Civil War (it got me back into comics after not having read them for almost 20 years)

More to come...

Vulcan gets honorable mentions for best new character.

Worst mini-series: Marvel Apes
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Best Miniseries- Allstar Superman or Identity Crisis.

Best Run- Geoff Johns on anything ever or Jeph Loeb on Superman/Batman or Kirkman/Ottley/Crabtree on Invincible one of those three.

Best Single Issue- Action Comics 775.

Best Event- Civil War or Annihilation.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Best Miniseries- The Initiative: Sub-mariner

Best Run- Walking dead

Best Single Issue- Justice League - The Nail #3

Best Event-Sinestro Corp War too probably,

Worst Miniseries- Red Hulk..

Worst Run- not sure.

Worst Single Issue- Red Hulk #5 or Punisher kills the Marvel Universe

Worst Event- The big red Hulk..
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 pm

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
What about :

Best New Character

Best New Title

Hell YES!

Best New Character: Jaime Reyes, the new Blue Beetle. I really loved his opening in Infinte Crisis and his series was the freaking bomb.

Best New Title: Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E., this is the series that got me into Warren Ellis, I loved every minute of it. Every page was just crawling with perfection. And RORKANNU'S LOVE OF SUICIDE GIRLS! It's something I go back and re-read often.

Best Comic Movie: Iron Man, it went all the way with star power and didn't cut back on the comic-inspired script. It is the new Spider-man, to me.

Favorite Resurrection: Thor, he came back from the dead and totally cracked the post-Civil War Marvel U wide open and put Asgard smack dab in the middle of America.

Favorite book that should have been done on time: Old Man Logan. Why is it still not done?

Good shit.

Best New Character: Hush. At the time he was probably the best new Batman character introduced in a while.

Best New Title: Y: The Last Man or The Walking Dead. Honorable mention to Invincible.

Best Movie: Well, all the best comic book movies came out this decade, but how can I not say the Dark Knight? It was the best comic book movie of all time.

Best Resurrection: Bucky. It was the one resurrection that no one expected or wanted to happen, but they make it work. My only problem is they didn't do much with him until he became Cap, now they may ruin even that.

That is good, I forgot about Hush. He is one of Batman's most bad-ass villains. He's in a real class of his own.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:55 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
What about :

Best New Character

Best New Title

Hell YES!

Good shit.

That is good, I forgot about Hush. He is one of Batman's most bad-ass villains. He's in a real class of his own.

He was badass, until they revealed his motives. He got even stupider when they tried to use him a lot more.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
What about :

Best New Character

Best New Title

Hell YES!

Good shit.

He was badass, until they revealed his motives. He got even stupider when they tried to use him a lot more.

I thought his motives were good, he didn't give a fuck about breaking up Batman's identity or anything, he was just about the ducketts, and HATED that his mom stayed alive. I liked that. I haven't really read anything else with him except Heart of Hush, and I really liked that.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:52 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
What about :

Best New Character

Best New Title

Hell YES!

Good shit.

I thought his motives were good, he didn't give a fuck about breaking up Batman's identity or anything, he was just about the ducketts, and HATED that his mom stayed alive. I liked that. I haven't really read anything else with him except Heart of Hush, and I really liked that.

I feel like he could of had a better motive.

A rich kid who was pissed that his mother survived? And then you're mad at your best friend because his parents died, so you try and ruin his life? Sorry doesn't seem like he had much of a problem. Sounded like he was just a whining for no real reason.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
What about :

Best New Character

Best New Title

Hell YES!

Good shit.

A rich kid who was pissed that his mother survived? And then you're mad at your best friend because his parents died, so you try and ruin his life? Sorry doesn't seem like he had much of a problem. Sounded like he was just a whining for no real reason.

That's why it seemed cool to me, though. He just wanted to ruin his life because his mom lived. I loved how much he didn't care about what happened. He just wanted Bruce to pay. What would you have rather had his motive? I can't really think of anything that hasn't been used.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 8:05 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
What about :

Best New Character

Best New Title

Hell YES!

Good shit.

That's why it seemed cool to me, though. He just wanted to ruin his life because his mom lived. I loved how much he didn't care about what happened. He just wanted Bruce to pay. What would you have rather had his motive? I can't really think of anything that hasn't been used.

To be honest I would have excepted the same situation but instead of his mom living, she dies, and he blames Thomas Wayne for not saving his parents. Or something else. I just thought Hush was doing way badass stuff for a retarded motive.

It's like killing someone and their dog because you stepped in the dog's poop on the sidewalk. Obviously in Hush some heavier stuff than that happened but my point is, the actions were overboard for a petty reason, that in my eyes, no person is gonna take that seriously. Tho this is a comic book.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Well I haven't read much Marvel lately... but from what I've read.

Best Miniseries- JLA/Avengers. I honestly can't think of anything else... errr

Best Run- Green Lantern (Geoff & Ivan!!), Wildcats (they're back!), Savage Dragon (the last year or so). Bendis on Ult Spidey has been great for the most part, too.

Best Single Issue- too hard to remember something like this...

Best Event- Sinestro Corps War. Easily. Infinite Crisis gets a mention, too. But it's certainly not all that close in cool or quality.

Worst Miniseries- Onslaught Reborn. (Groan...)

Worst Run- Of the stuff I've read maybe the current Teen Titans...

Worst Single Issue- Again, too hard to call.

Worst Event- I'm gonna say Final Crisis. As much as I enjoyed parts of it. It was too disjointed & you had to read Superman Beyond & maybe a few other things to get it... The final issue was great, tho'.

Best comic movie - Iron Man. I know everyone's gonna say TDK, but I though IM was more enjoyable. Which is why I watch movies, enjoyment.

Best comic based animated series - Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Honourable mention to Wolverine & the X-Men.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Best Run- Green Lantern (Geoff & Ivan!!), Wildcats (they're back!), Savage Dragon (the last year or so). Bendis on Ult Spidey has been great for the most part, too.

Best Event- Sinestro Corps War. Easily. Infinite Crisis gets a mention, too. But it's certainly not all that close in cool or quality.

Worst Event- I'm gonna say Final Crisis. As much as I enjoyed parts of it. It was too disjointed & you had to read Superman Beyond & maybe a few other things to get it... The final issue was great, tho'.

Best comic movie - Iron Man. I know everyone's gonna say TDK, but I though IM was more enjoyable. Which is why I watch movies, enjoyment.

Best comic based animated series - Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Honourable mention to Wolverine & the X-Men.

Superman Beyond is included in the Hardcover.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Oh yea. Silver Surfer Requiem #2 and #4 are in my top picks for best single issue as well.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Figga wrote:
bayani wrote:

Worst Art: Whoever is on Fantastic Four right now. I've never not been attracted to Sue Storm. His faces Blow.

Bryan Hitch, I think

Brian Hitch's work for Ultimates far out ways his work on FF.

Meaning he doesn't deserve worst art.
That's part of the reason I chose this. I know he's a good artist but he brings me this bullshit. I am not amused!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:42 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Wow, I forgot all about Onslught Reborn. That was pretty weak. I'm surprised you picked it, though.

And how is Final Crisis the worst event if you enjoyed parts of it and the final issue? There's really no event that was worse in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:03 am

Best Series: Thor

Favorite Mini: Grant Morrision: Whatever Happened to the Cape Crusader? (weird begining, but I thought the end tied it up nicely)

Worst Mini Series: Brand New Day

Best Single Issue: Too hard to call

Worst Single Issue: Hulk: Raging Thunder

Best Run: Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, Legion of 3 Worlds *Yea I know still going*)

Worst Run: Jeff Loeb (Hulk)

Favorite Comic: Hack/Slash

Favorite Event: Sinestro War, Infinite Crisis, Civil War

Worst Event: Secret Invasion
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:07 am

TJ wrote:

Favorite Mini: Grant Morrision: Whatever Happened to the Cape Crusader? (weird begining, but I thought the end tied it up nicely)

Best Run: Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, Legion of 3 Worlds *Yea I know still going*)

I thought that Whatever happened to the Caped Crusader was Neil Gaiman.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:08 am

Brand New Day's not a mini.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:09 am

TJ wrote:

Favorite Mini: Grant Morrision: Whatever Happened to the Cape Crusader? (weird begining, but I thought the end tied it up nicely) ...I thought Neil Gaiman did that?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:20 am

He did.......I just read Grant in a previous post and it stuck in my mind.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:22 am

True Believer wrote:
Brand New Day's not a mini.

True.....but it just ended Spiderman for me. I guess whats pretty bad right now is Savage She-Hulk.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
What about :

Best New Character

Best New Title

Hell YES!

Good shit.

To be honest I would have excepted the same situation but instead of his mom living, she dies, and he blames Thomas Wayne for not saving his parents. Or something else. I just thought Hush was doing way badass stuff for a retarded motive.

It's like killing someone and their dog because you stepped in the dog's poop on the sidewalk. Obviously in Hush some heavier stuff than that happened but my point is, the actions were overboard for a petty reason, that in my eyes, no person is gonna take that seriously. Tho this is a comic book.

I saw Hush's motive as him not being jealous that his mom lived while Bruce's died, but more that his mom seemed to give more of a shit about Bruce because his parents were dead. It was all about his envy for Bruce, the duckets were just frosting on the cake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next