the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)

Go down 
+15
GoZ
Shadowrenderer
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
shazam!
Figga
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
Liquid Sword
howie024m
Tim Radd
Brian21
CaptainJoel
TJ
True Believer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Figga wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Well I haven't read much Marvel lately... but from what I've read.

Best Miniseries- JLA/Avengers. I honestly can't think of anything else... errr

Best Run- Green Lantern (Geoff & Ivan!!), Wildcats (they're back!), Savage Dragon (the last year or so). Bendis on Ult Spidey has been great for the most part, too.

Best Single Issue- too hard to remember something like this...

Best Event- Sinestro Corps War. Easily. Infinite Crisis gets a mention, too. But it's certainly not all that close in cool or quality.

Worst Miniseries- Onslaught Reborn. (Groan...)

Worst Run- Of the stuff I've read maybe the current Teen Titans...

Worst Single Issue- Again, too hard to call.

Worst Event- I'm gonna say Final Crisis. As much as I enjoyed parts of it. It was too disjointed & you had to read Superman Beyond & maybe a few other things to get it... The final issue was great, tho'.

Best comic movie - Iron Man. I know everyone's gonna say TDK, but I though IM was more enjoyable. Which is why I watch movies, enjoyment.

Best comic based animated series - Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Honourable mention to Wolverine & the X-Men.

Wow, I forgot all about Onslaught Reborn. That was pretty weak. I'm surprised you picked it, though.

And how is Final Crisis the worst event if you enjoyed parts of it and the final issue? There's really no event that was worse in your opinion?

Well to be fair I wasn't really giving the decade a fair go... All of these were from the last year or so except JLA/Avengers.

Onslaught Reborn is horrible...

FC I just didn't enjoy that much. Partly cos of delays I guess, but eh...

So the one and only episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures that been aired is enough to get it the best comic cartoon of the decade? I would go with Justice League Unlumited.

1 ep? We've had about a season here...

I haven't seen JLU...

Everything I've said is, obviously, stuff I've actually read/seen.

you're kidding, you've never seen JLU?????

Maybe it hasn't aired down undah. I totally forgot about the Iron Man cartoon. And has the 2nd season of Spectacular Spectacular Spider-Man aired in teh states yet?

He has a computer why does he need to wait for it to come on TV?

And there has been at least 11 episodes of Iron Man. I like the cartoon.

I dunno... maybe he feels bad about stealing TV shows off the internet.

Did you watch the Iron Man caroon online? I've had my tivo set for a season pass since the first episode aired and haven't got anything.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Thomas wrote:
Figga wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Best Run- Green Lantern (Geoff & Ivan!!), Wildcats (they're back!), Savage Dragon (the last year or so). Bendis on Ult Spidey has been great for the most part, too.

Best Event- Sinestro Corps War. Easily. Infinite Crisis gets a mention, too. But it's certainly not all that close in cool or quality.

Worst Event- I'm gonna say Final Crisis. As much as I enjoyed parts of it. It was too disjointed & you had to read Superman Beyond & maybe a few other things to get it... The final issue was great, tho'.

Best comic movie - Iron Man. I know everyone's gonna say TDK, but I though IM was more enjoyable. Which is why I watch movies, enjoyment.

Best comic based animated series - Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Honourable mention to Wolverine & the X-Men.

Wow, I forgot all about Onslaught Reborn. That was pretty weak. I'm surprised you picked it, though.

And how is Final Crisis the worst event if you enjoyed parts of it and the final issue? There's really no event that was worse in your opinion?

Well to be fair I wasn't really giving the decade a fair go... All of these were from the last year or so except JLA/Avengers.

So the one and only episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures that been aired is enough to get it the best comic cartoon of the decade? I would go with Justice League Unlumited.

I haven't seen JLU...

Maybe it hasn't aired down undah. I totally forgot about the Iron Man cartoon. And has the 2nd season of Spectacular Spectacular Spider-Man aired in teh states yet?

Did you watch the Iron Man caroon online? I've had my tivo set for a season pass since the first episode aired and haven't got anything.

I watched one episode. This is the same cartoon where Tony, Rhodey and Pepper are in high school solving capers and shit like that right?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Figga wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Figga wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I haven't seen JLU...

I watched one episode. This is the same cartoon where Tony, Rhodey and Pepper are in high school solving capers and shit like that right?

yea it is.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 pm

There's already been like, ten episodes of Iron Man. I like it okay, it's something to watch with my little brothers. It makes me want to watch Spectacular Spidey to see how it holds up.

I think the best current comic cartoon is probably Brave and the Bold, though.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:34 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
There's already been like, ten episodes of Iron Man. I like it okay, it's something to watch with my little brothers. It makes me want to watch Spectacular Spidey to see how it holds up.

I watched Brave and the Bold today....guess who was in it?......

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:43 pm

GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

I watched Brave and the Bold today....guess who was in it?......

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That was a great episode, I like Robin in the show.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:55 am

is it just me or does that iron man show sound really fucking gay, tony, rhodey and pepper in...highschool? what is this richie rich gets hardcore?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:56 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
is it just me or does that iron man show sound really fucking gay, tony, rhodey and pepper in...highschool? what is this richie rich gets hardcore?

It makes me think of "What if Ultimate Iron Man took place in normal school?"
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:06 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Have you seen it K-FLOW? If you haven't...don't bother...IT SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:32 am

GoZ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

fuck no i havent it sounds way too gay to waste my time attempting to find redeeming qualities
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:07 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
GoZ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

fuck no i havent it sounds way too gay to waste my time attempting to find redeeming qualities

Did you like X-Men Evolution? It's no different than that. Only thing different about the show is he's in high school. So no alcoholism.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Seems like most people's picks have been things that have happened recently in comics...I wasn't even collecting comics anymore when this decade started...I started back up in 2004/05, I can't remember the exact date...All I know is that it was right about the time Brubaker's first issue of Captain America came out. There are way too many comics to sort through from the last 9 and a half years...Let's see what I can think of off the top of my head...

The Walking Dead: Just about my favorite comic series of all time...I've only read it in trades but this book changed the way I thought about comics.

Ed Brubaker: I was first introduced to his writing with his Authority:Revolution maxi series (which kicked ass btw). He made Captain America and Iron Man interesting (to me) and that's saying something. My favorite writer.

Geoff Johns: The only DC comic I've ever picked up monthly (that's saying A LOT). Sinestro War was awesome and Blackest Night looks to be the same...

Jason Aaron: Haven't read too much by the guy but he did a great job with the crap Way left with Ghost Rider, and I love the way he writes Wolverine...

Kyle and Yost: These guys kicked all kinds of ass with New X-Men...There time with that series was amazing...At the time, it was the best X book coming out...Great writing.

DnA: Completely rejuvenated the space/cosmic section of Marvel. They made Nova and Rocket Raccoon awesome...In a time when the industry produces a ridiculous amount of over-hyped, underwhelming "Big Events", these guys put out what I think is the best event of the decade.

Batman: Hush - My favorite Batman story of all time...I love everything about it, which coming from me is astounding...I'm not a big fan of DC or Batman...Shame Loeb couldn't put anything out like this at Marvel...Maybe his son passing really did interfere with his writing abilities, who knows? Going from this to the Red Hulk is about as dramatic of a downward spiral as one can get...

That's it for now...
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:23 pm

Best Run - Invincible, Walking Dead, Captain America

Best Event - Sinestro Corp War (DC) Annihilation (Marvel)

Worst Crossover - Secret Invasion

Writer whos fallen the furthest from grace - Tie between Claremont and Loeb

Best Writer - Geoff Johns

Best Resurrection - Bucky Barnes
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:45 am

I love the new Ironman cartoon! What they did with Crimson Dynamo was amazing!!

As for JLU, I saw the first 1 or 2 eps of Justice League, the 1's with the White Martians. But after that they took it off air... It did show on Pay TV, which I don't have...
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:53 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:

As for JLU, I saw the first 1 or 2 eps of Justice League, the 1's with the White Martians. But after that they took it off air... It did show on Pay TV, which I don't have...

Can you view youtube vids?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:59 am

GoZ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Of course, but I prefer to watch TV on my TV...
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:38 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Dude, put the DVDs on your Christmas wishlist or something. You haven't seen an animated comic book series until you've seen JLU.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:01 am

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Dude, put the DVDs on your Christmas wishlist or something. You haven't seen an animated comic book series until you've seen JLU.

the "seven soldiers of victory" vs general elling ep is a prime example of that, where else you gonna see vigilante, crimson avenger and speedy on tv?

or better yet Superman vs Captain Marvel? sheeeeeit son
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:08 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

the "seven soldiers of victory" vs general elling ep is a prime example of that, where else you gonna see vigilante, crimson avenger and speedy on tv?

And the voice talent was sick. They actually had a lot of big name voice actors and mainstream actors who had some talent for voice acting. Like Keith David (Goliath) who played Despero in that episode with Katma. My only problem with that episode was that Katma had a kind of distracting lisp.

Though I think that was in Justice League, which preceded it . . . Still an awesome series.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:54 am

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

And the voice talent was sick. They actually had a lot of big name voice actors and mainstream actors who had some talent for voice acting. Like Keith David (Goliath) who played Despero in that episode with Katma. My only problem with that episode was that Katma had a kind of distracting lisp.

Though I think that was in Justice League, which preceded it . . . Still an awesome series.

the despero ep was sick, they killed that one. JLU was just amazing all around Marvel should of been taking notes
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:50 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

the despero ep was sick, they killed that one. JLU was just amazing all around Marvel should of been taking notes

Agreed, JLU could've easily been turned into an Initiative cartoon for Marvel. It'd be easy for them to do and they could do the same thing JLU did hero-wise, keep it an ever-flowing cast of great characters with amazing voice talent.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:19 pm

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Yea, Jeremy Piven voiced Elongated Man.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 5:45 am

Brian K Vaughn is probably my favorite writer of this decade, on the weight of Y the Last Man and Ex Machina alone.

This was in response to a convo one of the versus threads. Thought here would be a good place to continue.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:32 am

True Believer wrote:
Brian K Vaughn is probably my favorite writer of this decade, on the weight of Y the Last Man and Ex Machina alone.

This was in response to a convo one of the versus threads. Thought here would be a good place to continue.

Yea as far as writers who weren't really that known until the 2000's, Brian K. Vaughn, Geoff Johns, and Robert Kirkman are all great candidates for writer of the decade.

Other good choices are Brian Azzarello and Ed Brubaker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)   Best Comics of the Decade (So Far) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Comics of the Decade (So Far)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5