the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!

Go down 
+19
Liquid Sword
minimalist
TJ
Figga
munson!
Tim Radd
Jerk
REEF aka Luke Cage
CaptainJoel
Gabe_Gray
Thomas
zero cool
True Believer
GoZ
Shaun
DanElectro
PeteWisdom
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 Cap2

MUAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
You guys are not even worth replying to.

Get off the dead horse already!!

Geez, your worse that Wholesome.

yet you do reply to us....

In our defense.... the thread was "bad comic book artists" and well... Liefeld qualifies given the fact that several seem to think so.

Several being.. mostly everyone but you.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Oh hell...

why not?

Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 JohnnyandBenGrimm

taken from top 40 worst liefeld drawings

Now for a tasteful splash page of the Human Torch fucking The Thing missionary-style! Splash page? More like SLASH page, am I right!

Note the Torch’s full, supple buttocks. If this isn’t a drawing of a naked guy on fire anally violating a semi-nude grotesquery in midair I don’t know comic books! The Thing’s blow-up-doll mouth is also kind of disturbing, as is the fact that he kinda looks like he’s pretty into it. Never would have figured Ben Grimm to be a bottom, but there you have it.

At least they’re face-to-face, so you know this ain’t just some cheap fuck; there’s some passion involved at least. Work those nipples, Johnny! Work them good!

and what would this be without the link???

http://progressiveboink.com/archive/robliefeld.html

and.....

FIGHT!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Dan's self-righteous indignation will defeat you!

HE WILL DEFEAT YOU!

*shakes fist at no one in particular*
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:09 pm

as I laugh at his feeble attempts and let it slide just because he's from Australia?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 3:50 pm

I'm curious to see a Land rendition of Power Girl just to see if she'd look like Jenna Jameson
Back to top Go down
zero cool
Youngling
Youngling
zero cool

Male Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 2:52 am

In defense of Jiminez (who's art I don't care for) and Ross, using photos that you've taken your self is one thing, taking pictures from a magazine and just lightboxing it is a whole different thing. That's the fine distinction between the Greg Lands/ David Macks and Alex Ross and Phil Jiminez's of the world.

Oh and artists who I think are bad,

Michael Turner, a tenuous grasp of anatomy at best.

J. Scott Campbell, Arthur Adams called he said to find your own style.

Roger Cruz! Ohmigod, why does this guy continue to get work?!? All he does is rip off the current hot artist. First it was Jim Lee, then Madueira and if you go on his site, you see Jason Pearson and Ed Benes just to name a few. He is so bad that even his wikipedia entry talks about how he just swipes other artists' work. Someone should just break his friggin' hands already.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:43 am

Ryan

Kinnaird

is

awful.

I mean, besides his crappy pseudo-Anime style, he's mostly known for his women which are just . . . Ugh. Let's just say he's no Adam Hughes.

Google him.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:52 am

is it okay if I throw Ed Benes out there?

I really just don't get why people love his work. He's a mediocre Jim Lee clone.

Another name...

David Finch.

Sure the guy has some good moments, and overall its pretty alright. But everyone has the same facial expression of just realizing that the Hulk broke wind... Gamma style, and once noticing it, trying not to show it. Thats the look of about 85% of Finch's characters.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:02 am

Well if Ed Benes can get on the list for being similar to a good artist and Finch can get on it for facial expressions then I say John Romita Jr.

Someone needs to tell him that people aren't blocky and that he makes his people way to wide. His mouths and eyes are way too big. He also puts way to many creases in all of the clothes he draws doesn't anyone in his world iron their clothes.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Thomas wrote:
Well if Ed Benes can get on the list for being similar to a good artist and Finch can get on it for facial expressions then I say John Romita Jr.

Someone needs to tell him that people aren't blocky and that he makes his people way to wide. His mouths and eyes are way too big. He also puts way to many creases in all of the clothes he draws doesn't anyone in his world iron their clothes.

I completely agree with you about JRJR. I think he's a very talented artist but chooses to draw in this new style of his which is very blocky. I think maybe he feels he's found his own style by drawing this way which is true. His pencils are very unique...but unique does not mean good!

JRJR was at his best before he developed this new style of his...back in the 80's when he drew like his father. There's nothing wrong with making Peter Parker look the same as previous artists in the 70's.

And you're right about the clothes. It's always super baggy on everyone and wrinkly.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:36 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

I really just don't get why people love his work. He's a mediocre Jim Lee clone.

Another name...

David Finch.

Sure the guy has some good moments, and overall its pretty alright. But everyone has the same facial expression of just realizing that the Hulk broke wind... Gamma style, and once noticing it, trying not to show it. Thats the look of about 85% of Finch's characters.

I'm not sure what you mean by David Finch's facial expressions. I really liked his work on the current Moon Knight book.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:47 pm

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Another name...

David Finch.

I'm not sure what you mean by David Finch's facial expressions. I really liked his work on the current Moon Knight book.

I know what he's talking about. Almost everyone has that look that's a combination of having just eaten a sour lemon, trying to squeeze out a turd, and looking directly into the sun.

Of course when it comes to facial expressions I have a love/hate relationship with Jim Cheung. I love him for helping create the Young Avengers and his art is otherwise good, but EVERY. CHARACTER. HAS. THE. EXACT. SAME. FACE.

Last edited by True Believer on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 5:12 pm

True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Another name...

David Finch.

I know what he's walking about. Almost everyone has that look that's a combination of having just eaten a sour lemon, trying to squeeze out a turd, and looking directly into the sun.

Of course when it comes to facial expressions I have a love/hate relationship with Jim Cheung. I love him for helping create the Young Avengers and his art is otherwise good, but EVERY. CHARACTER. HAS. THE. EXACT. SAME. FACE.

THANK YOU TB.

I can honestly say that I wholeheartedly agree with everything in your post.

I also enjoy Cheung, but yeah the face thing is almost as bad as Dillions. okay I lied... little is as bad as Dillons.
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:22 pm

What's up with Steve McNiven and all his characters having a five o'clock shadow?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Gabe_Gray wrote:
What's up with Steve McNiven and all his characters having a five o'clock shadow?

. . .

I know you did not just mention Steve McNiven in this thread . . .

*grabs ball pen hammer*

WHY DO YOU MAKE ME HURT YOU, GABE!?
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 pm

True Believer wrote:
Gabe_Gray wrote:

. . .

*grabs ball pen hammer*

Ow! sunava...

Ok! I take it back! I take it back!

but... srsly why?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:46 pm

Everything Liefeld has ever done makes me cry.

Especially his Teen Titans.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Gabe_Gray wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Gabe_Gray wrote:

. . .

*grabs ball pen hammer*

Ow! sunava...

but... srsly why?

Gabe... just when I started to develop a shred of respect for you...

you... do this.

I'm disapointed. especially since its not true.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:07 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Everything Liefeld has ever done makes me cry.

Especially his Teen Titans.

I still think he draws the absolute best rendition of Cable, it's just that all of his characters look like Cable...or Wolverine (which he also draws extremely well ).
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:13 pm

The first work I saw from Jimmy-James-Jim Cheung was on X-Force and it sucked. Then he went on over to CrossGen and drew Scion. They allowed a five week work cycle for all of their artist;meaning that they had five weeks to work on each issue--the issues were written at the same pace as other companies but the books always had to be written six months (I may be off) ahead of publication. Fill in artists were scheduled ahead of time allowing the artists the time they needed on their books. I think that this system is responsible for Cheung to grow as an artist. He is much better today than he was before CrossGen, though he does still tend to draw a bit of a baby-face on all of his characters.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:02 pm

True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Another name...

David Finch.

I know what he's talking about. Almost everyone has that look that's a combination of having just eaten a sour lemon, trying to squeeze out a turd, and looking directly into the sun.

Hmmmm....I had to see for myself. You're right. Ofcourse I only looked at Moon Knight but I guess he CAN draw those faces and does so quite often...but not EVERY face. I never really noticed before. Maybe he was just trying to set the seriouslness of the tone of the book by drawing many characters with sourpuss expressions! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! From what I just saw, for every face that you describe there are 2 or 3 varied faces. Besides, it's definitely not as bad as totally screwing up anatomy or tracing!

But c'mon...Finch is really talented otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:25 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Gabe_Gray wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Gabe_Gray wrote:

. . .

*grabs ball pen hammer*

Ow! sunava...

but... srsly why?

Gabe... just when I started to develop a shred of respect for you...

you... do this.

I'm disapointed. especially since its not true.

Ok, I'm sorry I brought up McNiven in the bad artist thread, I also looked it up and it was the inker who was doing the five o'clock shadows that I was noticing throughout Civil War... not that there's anything wrong with 5:00 shadows
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:28 am

DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Another name...

David Finch.

Hmmmm....I had to see for myself. You're right. Ofcourse I only looked at Moon Knight but I guess he CAN draw those faces and does so quite often...but not EVERY face. I never really noticed before. Maybe he was just trying to set the seriouslness of the tone of the book by drawing many characters with sourpuss expressions! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! From what I just saw, for every face that you describe there are 2 or 3 varied faces. Besides, it's definitely not as bad as totally screwing up anatomy or tracing!

But c'mon...Finch is really talented otherwise.

None of us said otherwise. The only real and pretty big complaint was the same facial expressions. I think I noticed it in Moon Knight when his Marc Spector reminded me ALOT like his Purpeman in New Avengers. Then I was like... oh? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Then it killed it.

And yes..

Of course we're right.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 6:12 am

True Believer wrote:
Dan's self-righteous indignation will defeat you!

HE WILL DEFEAT YOU!

*shakes fist at no one in particular*

How can it be self-righteous if I'm defending someone?

As I've said b4 I'll defend any artist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!   Bad Comic Book Art(ists)! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Comic Book Art(ists)!
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next