the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 100 Comic Book Villains?

Go down 
+15
Tim Radd
TJ
howie024m
Shaun
minimalist
Thomas
Shadowrenderer
True Believer
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
shazam!
Figga
LifesTruesin
bayani
GoZ
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Top 100 Comic Book Villains? Empty
PostSubject: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:11 am

Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:36 am

STOP GOING TO IGN!
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:38 am

I like that Magneto got it because he is my favorite charcter and villian but I know he isn't the top villian in comics
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:49 am

bayani wrote:
STOP GOING TO IGN!

I've never gone to IGN on purpose, it was one of those MySpace links.....
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:59 am

GoZ wrote:
bayani wrote:
STOP GOING TO IGN!

then we're good. . . for now
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:01 am

bayani wrote:
GoZ wrote:
bayani wrote:
STOP GOING TO IGN!

then we're good. . . for now

Yes.....FOR NOW.....
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:20 am

LifesTruesin wrote:
I like that Magneto got it because he is my favorite charcter and villian but I know he isn't the top villian in comics

I dunno, maybe it's cuz of the mindset I've had ever since I got back into comics, but I don't really see Magneto as a villain. Sure, he's done villainous things in the past, but in his mind, he's trying to do what he feels is right for mutantkind. Sure he gets votes because of his history, but I think it shoulda gone to somebody else.
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:24 am

Figga wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:

I dunno, maybe it's cuz of the mindset I've had ever since I got back into comics, but I don't really see Magneto as a villain. Sure, he's done villainous things in the past, but in his mind, he's trying to do what he feels is right for mutantkind. Sure he gets votes because of his history, but I think it shoulda gone to somebody else.

I agree with your view of him not being a villian, he sure as hell isn't a hero, maybe an Anti-villain? Or simply the much over used Anti-hero? idk

and I already said I don't really think he should have won it, like I said Magneto is my favorite thing in Marvel, always has been. If you want to count him as a villian I would say he should be top 10 maybe even top 5 but all the other shit he's done kinda makes up for a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:26 am

LifesTruesin wrote:
Figga wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:

I agree with your view of him not being a villian, he sure as hell isn't a hero, maybe an Anti-villain? Or simply the much over used Anti-hero? idk

and I already said I don't really think he should have won it, like I said Magneto is my favorite thing in Marvel, always has been. If you want to count him as a villian I would say he should be top 10 maybe even top 5 but all the other shit he's done kinda makes up for a lot of it.

So we agree to agree then?
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:27 am

Figga wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:
Figga wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:

So we agree to agree then?

hell yes
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:56 am

You know Hitler was doing what he thought was right for Germany.
The best villains don't think of themselves as the badguys.

Magneto earned that spot.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:20 am

Eh, I would have given it to DOOM.

Magneto is cool but outside of the X-Men books he doesn't really do much. Dr. Doom can pretty much be a part of most stories in Marvel and the story is going to be entertaining. He's inspiration for loads of other villains as well.

Magneto has gotten pretty dull as of late.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:46 am

... Herr Starr is still number 1 to me.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:47 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
Eh, I would have given it to DOOM.

Magneto is cool but outside of the X-Men books he doesn't really do much. Dr. Doom can pretty much be a part of most stories in Marvel and the story is going to be entertaining. He's inspiration for loads of other villains as well.

Magneto has gotten pretty dull as of late.

^this FTW^

DOOM is the shit
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:30 am

LifesTruesin wrote:
Figga wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:

Well he does label himself and his crew as "Evil" mutants, so I'd say he qualifies as a villain despite his status as a counter-culture hero. I think anyone who is willing to, say, murder and enslave all non-mutants on the planet qualifies. Say what you will about his motivations or his ideals (both of which contribute to making him a good character) that's genocide. And it's "bad guy" stuff.

Hell, all but a select few villains, in their actions, are doing what they think is best for those they care about. If we exclude them all, this would've been a short list . . . Which I didn't read.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:58 am

True Believer wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:
Figga wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:

Well he does label himself and his crew as "Evil" mutants, so I'd say he qualifies as a villain despite his status as a counter-culture hero. I think anyone who is willing to, say, murder and enslave all non-mutants on the planet qualifies. Say what you will about his motivations or his ideals (both of which contribute to making him a good character) that's genocide. And it's "bad guy" stuff.

Hell, all but a select few villains, in their actions, are doing what they think is best for those they care about. If we exclude them all, this would've been a short list . . . Which I didn't read.

True, besides characters like Darkseid, Thanos, and Red Skull and a few others, most villains consider themselves misunderstood, or not evil at all.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 8:19 am

shazam! wrote:
You know Hitler was doing what he thought was right for Germany.
The best villains don't think of themselves as the badguys.

Magneto earned that spot.

^This^

As already stated, many, if not most, villains consider themselves the good guy. Luthor for eg.

Haven't read the list but;

Luthor
Darkseid
Thanos
Sinestro
Dr. Doom
Magneto
Riddler

should all be on the list pretty high imo.

#1 is a hard call, but Doom would be higher than Magneto for me.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 10:04 am

Despero
Annihilus
Magog
Thanos
Doomsday
Mongul
Cyborg Superman
Deathstroke
Apocalypse
Ultron

Should all be much higher on the list in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:11 pm

ya know im actually reading the stuff they put now and its ok but theres alot of stuff missing the annihilation wave wasnt even mentioned w/ Annihilus, they didn't even mention Opal City, Starman or anything on the Shade's page and alot shit like that is totally absent these guys werent very thorough
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 12:49 pm

Thomas wrote:
Despero
Annihilus
Magog
Thanos
Doomsday
Mongul
Cyborg Superman
Deathstroke
Apocalypse
Ultron

Didn't Ultron break top ten?

Annihilus is cool, but he as a villain isn't interesting. The shit his army did was sweet, but it's essentially just an alien invasion.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Despero
Annihilus
Magog
Thanos
Doomsday
Mongul
Cyborg Superman
Deathstroke
Apocalypse
Ultron

Annihilus is cool, but he as a villain isn't interesting. The shit his army did was sweet, but it's essentially just an alien invasion.

yeah but how often has there been one on the scale of annihilation?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:47 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Despero
Annihilus
Magog
Thanos
Doomsday
Mongul
Cyborg Superman
Deathstroke
Apocalypse
Ultron

yeah but how often has there been one on the scale of annihilation?

I feel like that had more to do with sheer numbers, than how smart Annihilus actually was. And to be honest, Thanos had more of an impact on me during that story than Annihilus. And then right after that, An invasion on a similar scale takes place with Annihilation Conquest. And again Ultron did more to me than Annihilus did.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:52 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Despero
Annihilus
Magog
Thanos
Doomsday
Mongul
Cyborg Superman
Deathstroke
Apocalypse
Ultron

Ultron was #23, I thought he should be in the 10-20 range.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Despero
Annihilus
Magog
Thanos
Doomsday
Mongul
Cyborg Superman
Deathstroke
Apocalypse
Ultron

Ultron was #23, I thought he should be in the 10-20 range.

I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? EmptySun May 31, 2009 11:02 pm

My list would be:
1. Dr. Doom
2. Luthor
3. Joker
4. Magneto
5. Sinestro
6. Red Skull
7. Asorbing Man
8. Venom
9. Ultron
10. Dr. Octopus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 100 Comic Book Villains?   Top 100 Comic Book Villains? Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 100 Comic Book Villains?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next