the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments

Go down 
+9
GoZ
Hedinnweis
Shadowrenderer
Thomas
Liquid Sword
True Believer
DanElectro
Mr.Wholesome
PeteWisdom
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments Empty
PostSubject: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 3:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Ah ha ha

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/articles/106-trials/2725-linkara-top-15-wtf-moments-in-comics

Spoiler:

That was pretty damned awesome. Two of my fovorite lines are "Superman/boy/asshole-Prime" and "Live free or Diehard's crotch." Awesome. Now I want Reef to make a list.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:07 pm

nice one, Pete!

This guy tore up DC and Miller's Allstar Batman!

I gotta disagree with US-1's silver dollar remote being a wtf moment. Cool stuff I say!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Truly awesome.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Black Panther's cosmic armlock on the Silver Surfer.
Anything Batman has done in the last several years.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Loeb's stories in the last couple years.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:13 pm

Thomas wrote:
Loeb's stories in the last couple years.
Completely agree.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Black Panther's cosmic armlock on the Silver Surfer.

That was beyond a WTF moment! That REALLY pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

As far as I'm concerned...that shit's been retconned!!

Last edited by DanElectro on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:20 pm

I'd say JMS' run on ASM was one big WTF moment! Entertaining...but still WTF
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:23 pm

Kirkman's whole run on Astounding Wolf Man!

Or more accurately: Image green lighting the project after reading the first few issues or scripts.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:25 pm

DanElectro wrote:
I'd say JMS' run on ASM was one big WTF moment! Entertaining...but still WTF

Yeah, if it was an alternate earth or something. What if? JMS wrote Spiderman? that'd be cool, but all the mystic stuff...
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Marvel's whole 2099 catalog!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:29 pm

DanElectro wrote:

what do you mean? you didn't like Spidey 2099?
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:34 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I hated it! I thought his costume was just horrible.

I usually don't like any Spider-Man spin-offs or expansion on the SM property that isn't specifically Peter Parker as Spider-Man. This includes Spider-Girl, Ultimate SM, any clones, Spider-Man loves Mary Jane, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:36 pm

Loved the clip from Dead Alive (Brain Dead). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:36 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I usually don't like any Spider-Man spin-offs or expansion on the SM property that isn't specifically Peter Parker as Spider-Man. This includes Spider-Girl, Ultimate SM, any clones, Spider-Man loves Mary Jane, etc.

Well the costume was strange, but they did explain it. & Peter David. nuff said!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:04 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Kirkman's whole run on Astounding Wolf Man!

Or more accurately: Image green lighting the project after reading the first few issues or scripts.

What the hell is wrong with Astounding Wolf Man?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:28 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Wow, you enjoy trash like BND but dislike Ultimate Spidey? The one book written by Bendis that is actually pretty good?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I liked X-men 2099, Ghost Rider 2099, and Spider-man 2099.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:16 am

Sadly enough, I have that issue of Batman with the cactus people....and I used to have all the issues of U.S.1.......Not much of a spoiler, but in the last issue he becomes a trucker in outer space! Sorry if I ruined that for anyone....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:28 am

GoZ wrote:
Sadly enough, I have that issue of Batman with the cactus people....and I used to have all the issues of U.S.1.......Not much of a spoiler, but in the last issue he becomes a trucker in outer space! Sorry if I ruined that for anyone....

Sad you bastard!!
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:29 am

Shaun wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Sad you bastard!!

Sad SORRY! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Maxyboi2424
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Maxyboi2424

Male Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:30 am

GoZ wrote:
Shaun wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Sad you bastard!!

Sad SORRY! Embarassed
only little hope bitches apologize.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 2:32 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Wow, you enjoy trash like BND but dislike Ultimate Spidey? The one book written by Bendis that is actually pretty good?

Nevermind that I don't like the concept, but I actually tried to get through the first few issues with an open mind and felt like I was reading a Dawson's Creek comic book written by a middle aged socially sheltered geek.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 2:33 am

GoZ wrote:

A trucker in outerspace?!?!!! Awwww...hell yeah! I've gotta find these gems in the quarter bin somewhere now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments   Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 15 WTF Comic Book Moments
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next