the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD

Go down 
+14
Liquid Sword
Figga
Shaun
JBiggs79
GoZ
Leachcraft
TJ
Shadowrenderer
minimalist
CaptainJoel
Thomas
True Believer
DanElectro
PeteWisdom
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:55 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Anyone else read New Avengers #43?

Spoiler:

I liked the issue a lot...Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, and the other tie ins are showing more of the mindset of the Skrulls and why and how they are doing what they are doing...The point of the issue wasn't about if that Cap was the real one (we all knew it wasn't going to be). It was a story of a dedicated soldier making the ultimate sacrifice for the betterment of his people (sound familiar?). It showed the invasion from the perspective of the Skrulls...I thought it was a great issue.

Yeah so did I.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:20 am

Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Anyone else read New Avengers #43?

Spoiler:

I liked the issue a lot...Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, and the other tie ins are showing more of the mindset of the Skrulls and why and how they are doing what they are doing...The point of the issue wasn't about if that Cap was the real one (we all knew it wasn't going to be). It was a story of a dedicated soldier making the ultimate sacrifice for the betterment of his people (sound familiar?). It showed the invasion from the perspective of the Skrulls...I thought it was a great issue.

But its crap that they keep jumping around in Avenger books. Starts off With Sentry, who is now Sentry/Void, the switches to Hank, no idea where the real one is, then jumps to Spider-Woman, now to Cap Skrull, to soon to be the Illuminati?

Friggin finish something.

Secondly... how can you all forget that ERIC CARTMAN IS A SKRULL!?!?!??!?!

Only space ship survivor that hasn't been revealed either way is Luke Cage. There are still 2 of them I believe.

Also it annoys me to that you HAVE to read Avengers issues to have the rest of the story.

Or else you'd have no idea if that cap running around was a Skrull or not. It might have briefly been mentioned, but I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:22 am

Oh yeah,

anyone else not annoyed with "Reeds magical Skrull Reveal Gun?"

Sure I guess he can invent anything... but still kinda lame. Then once they are revealed, apparently it takes away all threat the Skrull has because they automatically suffer from Ninja Syndrome.

Also Enemy of the State IS Canon since it has been referenced to here and there.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 10:06 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Oh yeah,

Sure I guess he can invent anything... but still kinda lame. Then once they are revealed, apparently it takes away all threat the Skrull has because they automatically suffer from Ninja Syndrome.

Also Enemy of the State IS Canon since it has been referenced to here and there.

Well Reed did also have access to one of their ship which may have had information on their new mimicing techiniques, that could have sped things up.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 11:33 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Oh yeah,

Not really, because I saw it coming. I even mentioned that there would be some dues ex machina weapon that reveals Skrulls on the old ARA. Except I thought Tony Stark would make it.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:45 pm

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Oh yeah,

Not really, because I saw it coming. I even mentioned that there would be some dues ex machina weapon that reveals Skrulls on the old ARA. Except I thought Tony Stark would make it.

No I know, but it is kinda stupid that they all of a sudden lose any threat they previously had.

Its LAME and CHEAP
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:51 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Oh yeah,

No I know, but it is kinda stupid that they all of a sudden lose any threat they previously had.

Its LAME and CHEAP

Yea but its also.......I mean come on........Well...........alright it is a cop-out.
Back to top Go down
JBiggs79
Youngling
Youngling
JBiggs79

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:08 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Oh yeah,

Its LAME and CHEAP

Well considering that they've got armies of super skrulls rampaging through the planet right now,it's safe to say the haven't lost ALL the the threat,just now we can pick out the fakes from the actual people.

Now if Reed somehow manages to send a shot across the planet and reveal them all at once,that would be a little cheap.......
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:36 pm

This was a good issue. For some reason I thought it was a seven issue series but it's an eight issue series, I'm glad there's too much to wrap up in just one issue.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Thomas wrote:
This was a good issue. For some reason I thought it was a seven issue series but it's an eight issue series, I'm glad there's too much to wrap up in just one issue.

Spoiler:

Definitely a good issue.

Predictable, but good. Next comes the climatic battle!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 7:43 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Spoiler:

Definitely a good issue.

You know with the skrulls possessing the powers of teams of heroes, they should be unbeatable, Why wouldn't the skrull's all be given Hulk's or Sentry's invulnerability, Wolverine's healing factor, Prof X's mental powers, Hawkeye's marksmenship, northstar's speed, Spider-man's spider-sense and tear everyone up. there is no way the heroes should be able to beat an all out invasion. Even revealed, oesn't negate their shapeshifting abilities, so I have a bad feeling about how this is going to turn out.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 10:02 pm

One of my favorite lines so far has been written in this issue

Jessica Drew: It is written
Fury: By Who?
JD: God.
Fury: Yea........well my God has a Hammer (looks at Thor)
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 pm

Jim! wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Spoiler:

Definitely a good issue.

You know with the skrulls possessing the powers of teams of heroes, they should be unbeatable, Why wouldn't the skrull's all be given Hulk's or Sentry's invulnerability, Wolverine's healing factor, Prof X's mental powers, Hawkeye's marksmenship, northstar's speed, Spider-man's spider-sense and tear everyone up. there is no way the heroes should be able to beat an all out invasion. Even revealed, oesn't negate their shapeshifting abilities, so I have a bad feeling about how this is going to turn out.

We've seen that this particular batch of Skrulls seem to only have one skrull impersonator per superhero. Their religious ceremony and process of brainwashing and preparing each individual skrull to play their role genuinely obviously prevents them from having an army of all Hulks or Sentries. We've also seen a lot of the major heavy hitter skrull get defeated and with no replacement that sort of evens out the playing field.

It's also always been my impression over the years in reading stories with Skrulls that the Skrull version of a superhero is never as good as the real thing.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:53 pm

TJ wrote:
One of my favorite lines so far has been written in this issue

Jessica Drew: It is written
Fury: By Who?
JD: God.
Fury: Yea........well my God has a Hammer (looks at Thor)

I really thought the writing was terrible and rushed on this one, with a few exceptions such as what you point out. Good line.

One example of the poorly scripted dialogue was

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:12 pm

So..............apparently The Wasp is a Gigantic Bomb?
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm starting to believe that this is the whole reason behind Bendis' SI and other related events. He justed wanted to bring back Marvel Boy in a big way. Maybe he's got a "thing" for Grant Morrisson or something... No

I know you read the last Mighty Avengers, that was the prelude to SI #7
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:20 pm

TJ wrote:
So..............apparently The Wasp is a Gigantic Bomb?

No, no...She was trying to stop the bomb that was set off after
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:21 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm starting to believe that this is the whole reason behind Bendis' SI and other related events. He justed wanted to bring back Marvel Boy in a big way. Maybe he's got a "thing" for Grant Morrisson or something... No

If it is the case that he becomes Captain Marvel then I will forgive anything Bendis does or has done to screw up the marvel universe.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

If it is the case that he becomes Captain Marvel then I will forgive anything Bendis does or has done to screw up the marvel universe.

You really like Marvel Boy that much huh....
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:30 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

No, I really like Mar-vell, Genis-vell, and Marvel Boy. I just want there to be a character who's carrying on the powers and does the name Captain Marvel justice in the marvel universe. They killed off Mar-vell, the killed of Genis-Vell, the killed off Wendell Vaughn, they killed off Jack of Hearts, they might as well have killed of Rom, the marvel u neads an earth based cosmic hero. Silver Surfer, Nova, and the Guardians of the Galaxy are all cool as hell, but they're all space based.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 1:59 am

DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

Ha ha thats what I thought.

I'm so glad for this shit to be over. I'm tired of it, and I'm still tired of stupid Thor talk, and yes I thought Jan was the "ace up the sleeve" for the Skrulls.

Dialogue is meh, didn't even like the God/Thor dialogue...

shit needs to end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 11:32 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm so glad for this shit to be over. I'm tired of it, and I'm still tired of stupid Thor talk, and yes I thought Jan was the "ace up the sleeve" for the Skrulls.

shit needs to end.
We knew whatever mischief the skrulls started would be undone. But I still don't know how the heroes are able to easily repel the skrull army? The super skrull soldiers should he nearly impossible to beat. Some have three or more powers yet, I don't see them doing much. I don't see how Reed's ray turned the corner. Let's recap. The skrull's infiltrated many organizations and put a bug in stark software. They captured ( but not killed?) some heroes and then blew some stuff up and invaded. The avengers (both groups) decided to go to the savage land and fought skrull dopplegangers of themselves, but now real humans were with the skrulls. Reed shows up says he he's got a I-can-see-the-skrull ray and then every goes back to NY, where Thor and Cap and Nick Fury are fighting. Some villians join in and the skrulls start to lose. WTF is the invasion all about? Why invade with shock troops when they could have continued their stealth war slowly isolating heroes and beating and replacing them unitl no one was left to stand in your way. Skrulls = losers. I was hoping for more, but I guess its not over just yet. Something big better come of this.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 11:54 pm

Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

shit needs to end.
We knew whatever mischief the skrulls started would be undone. But I still don't know how the heroes are able to easily repel the skrull army? The super skrull soldiers should he nearly impossible to beat. Some have three or more powers yet, I don't see them doing much. I don't see how Reed's ray turned the corner. Let's recap. The skrull's infiltrated many organizations and put a bug in stark software. They captured ( but not killed?) some heroes and then blew some stuff up and invaded. The avengers (both groups) decided to go to the savage land and fought skrull dopplegangers of themselves, but now real humans were with the skrulls. Reed shows up says he he's got a I-can-see-the-skrull ray and then every goes back to NY, where Thor and Cap and Nick Fury are fighting. Some villians join in and the skrulls start to lose. WTF is the invasion all about? Why invade with shock troops when they could have continued their stealth war slowly isolating heroes and beating and replacing them unitl no one was left to stand in your way. Skrulls = losers. I was hoping for more, but I guess its not over just yet. Something big better come of this.

Yes but that is how it was written.

He Loves Us.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:01 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

shit needs to end.

Yes but that is how it was written.

He Loves Us.

I think they would have waited but the heroes killed Elektra and realized that they were being invaded. It was only a matter of time before Reed did what he did, they should have just killed him when they had him captured. I think the skrulls can simulate powers but I don't think they're even half strength of the real deal. It helps that because they're aliens and the heroes don't seem to give a fuck about the no killing rule when it comes to an alien invasion. Also the heroes are really only attacking the New York invasion in the main book. There are also other battles going on or already finished like in Secret Invasion Thor, X-men, Inhumans. Also Captain Marvel took out some ships and War Machine took out most of the others. The Thunderbolts took out a batch in another city, as did MI-13, the Winter Guard, the Intiative is dealing with another aspect. It should have been shown in the main book and still might that it's not just New York that being defended and the invasion beaten. What I would like to see is less snap shot action and more in depth ass kicking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next