the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD

Go down 
+14
Liquid Sword
Figga
Shaun
JBiggs79
GoZ
Leachcraft
TJ
Shadowrenderer
minimalist
CaptainJoel
Thomas
True Believer
DanElectro
PeteWisdom
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 10:55 am

True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Okay . . . So that was lame. Basically, top cap of the series

Spoiler:

Sooo uninspiring. And writing's still bad. Especially Bendis' interpretation of Thor. I already despise Thor's irrational Elizabethan era dialogue, but Bendis doesn't even employ and subtlety with it. He hits you over the head with the campy antiquity.

I will say this, though. The last few pages excited me.

Spoiler:

Soo . . . Not a good series. At all. But I'm still optimistic about the future.
You forgot that Jessica Jones realize that she gave her baby to Skrull Jarvis and the baby is gone now.

Yeah but nobody cares about a missing black baby.

Don't call me racist you know its true! Granted shes HALF white, but still.

Thats a Douchebag statement.

Its not that people don't care. Its that you dont hear about it as often. The Media is more to blame then people's apathy.

That being said.

I call bullshit on Doom, or Loki,... or even Namor taking orders from ANYONE!!...Let alone Norman Osborn.

You're right, I should have specified.

Nobody who makes it publically known, cares about a missing black baby. All those amber alerts? Only ones I've seen are for white kids. Not being racist, I'm just saying what I've seen.

Anywho Loki? I know he/she had a brief encounter with Doom in Thor... #4 I believe? But already joining a group? I don't think so. Loki still hasn't revealed her hand, Why would he/she join a Super Gang already?

Yea... I just don't see Loki EVER conforming to someone else's plan. Osborn can't be stupid enough to actually think that Loki doesnt have 10 alterior motives andwill betray them the very first chance He/She gets.

And Doom?.... part of a group?.... and he's not the leader?.... Osborns right in his face saying "This is how it's gonna be!"? Hell to the no no no my friends. Norman would have been Fried Green Goblin Treats before he finished that sentence.

Not to mention, Namor... a King....and a very pompous one at that... who's had a track record of being very unfriendly towards surface dwellers.... taking orders from simple old Norman Osborn.

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Actually both Doom and Loki have worked together before. With Magneto and a few other villains.

But, judging by Doom's posture I doubt he's taking a role of subservience. For all we know after Norm said "This is how it's gonna be," Doom got up, bitchslapped him, and said "No, this is how it's going to be . . ."

And also, let's not forget, Norman probably has the most power out of any of them at that table. Doom's the Monarch of a third world country, Namor lost his kingdom, Thor's got Loki on a short leash, the Hood may control the superpowered underworld but Osborn's got everything else. The only person rivals him in power is Frost whose got the ear of Scott who's pretty much the leader of the entire mutant community. And I'm not entirely convinced that's the real Emma Frost.

Since when was Latveria considered a third world country? Its a small European country sure, but being small doesnt make you third world. So as the absolute Monarch of that country, Doom is the most powerful person in that room (Not mentioning flat out Raw Power, which I think he takes it in that as well)... Emma's not even close. She may have the ear of Scott who is the figure head of the Mutant community, but he doesnt control them. He leads them in time of need, they don't just do what he says because he says it. I know Doom's been part of a group before.... I just find it hard to believe that he's part of a group that he's not leading. Loki has almost always had his own ambitions whether he was part of a group or not. I've always thought Osborn was bullshit and it feels like they just puhed him into the position that he's in just to have someone contraversial there.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:00 pm

minimalist wrote:
if you look at many of the avenger titles the past few months, you can see that they had been planning to put Osbourn in charge for awhile. Ever since he took over the Thunderbolts his character had been creating plans specifically to get Stark's job. In the Thunderbolts title he would make media friendly plans so that the Thunderbolts looked like heroes and the Avengers looked like assholes. I like how well his character has developed.

I think DOOM recognizes that Osbourn is popular with the ppl. Anyone who is seen taking direction from him for right now, will be thought of in a more positive sense than before. He has the country in palm of his hands, for right now DOOM is making a smart decision.
Back to top Go down
twelves
Youngling
Youngling
twelves

Male Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 pm

minimalist wrote:
True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Okay . . . So that was lame. Basically, top cap of the series

Spoiler:

Sooo uninspiring. And writing's still bad. Especially Bendis' interpretation of Thor. I already despise Thor's irrational Elizabethan era dialogue, but Bendis doesn't even employ and subtlety with it. He hits you over the head with the campy antiquity.

I will say this, though. The last few pages excited me.

Spoiler:

Soo . . . Not a good series. At all. But I'm still optimistic about the future.
You forgot that Jessica Jones realize that she gave her baby to Skrull Jarvis and the baby is gone now.

Yeah but nobody cares about a missing black baby.

Don't call me racist you know its true! Granted shes HALF white, but still.

Thats a Douchebag statement.

Its not that people don't care. Its that you dont hear about it as often. The Media is more to blame then people's apathy.

That being said.

I call bullshit on Doom, or Loki,... or even Namor taking orders from ANYONE!!...Let alone Norman Osborn.

You're right, I should have specified.

Nobody who makes it publically known, cares about a missing black baby. All those amber alerts? Only ones I've seen are for white kids. Not being racist, I'm just saying what I've seen.

Anywho Loki? I know he/she had a brief encounter with Doom in Thor... #4 I believe? But already joining a group? I don't think so. Loki still hasn't revealed her hand, Why would he/she join a Super Gang already?

Yea... I just don't see Loki EVER conforming to someone else's plan. Osborn can't be stupid enough to actually think that Loki doesnt have 10 alterior motives andwill betray them the very first chance He/She gets.

And Doom?.... part of a group?.... and he's not the leader?.... Osborns right in his face saying "This is how it's gonna be!"? Hell to the no no no my friends. Norman would have been Fried Green Goblin Treats before he finished that sentence.

Not to mention, Namor... a King....and a very pompous one at that... who's had a track record of being very unfriendly towards surface dwellers.... taking orders from simple old Norman Osborn.

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Actually both Doom and Loki have worked together before. With Magneto and a few other villains.

But, judging by Doom's posture I doubt he's taking a role of subservience. For all we know after Norm said "This is how it's gonna be," Doom got up, bitchslapped him, and said "No, this is how it's going to be . . ."

And also, let's not forget, Norman probably has the most power out of any of them at that table. Doom's the Monarch of a third world country, Namor lost his kingdom, Thor's got Loki on a short leash, the Hood may control the superpowered underworld but Osborn's got everything else. The only person rivals him in power is Frost whose got the ear of Scott who's pretty much the leader of the entire mutant community. And I'm not entirely convinced that's the real Emma Frost.

Since when was Latveria considered a third world country? Its a small European country sure, but being small doesnt make you third world. So as the absolute Monarch of that country, Doom is the most powerful person in that room (Not mentioning flat out Raw Power, which I think he takes it in that as well)... Emma's not even close. She may have the ear of Scott who is the figure head of the Mutant community, but he doesnt control them. He leads them in time of need, they don't just do what he says because he says it. I know Doom's been part of a group before.... I just find it hard to believe that he's part of a group that he's not leading. Loki has almost always had his own ambitions whether he was part of a group or not. I've always thought Osborn was bullshit and it feels like they just puhed him into the position that he's in just to have someone contraversial there.

Evil Illuminati! Finally, Secret Invasion got to the POINT! And all it took was the better part of the year and a jizztacular-all-over-your-face crossover! Geez, Bendis sure did blow my mind in the end this time! How could I have ever doubted him?

Ok Ok all sarcasm aside, Dark Illuminati looks to be all kinds of awesome. The potential story threads to emerge could lead to some exciting books to read in the months to come. Just so long as its not another half-baked setup for another half-baked Secret Invasion. Illuminati vs. Dark Illuminati does offer some interesting role-comparisons however. So if I may, I present some mild musings and fanciful conjecture for your perusal and wanton disagreement!

Ironman - Norman Osborn
Cash money, high-tech gear and resources, political power. All deeply embedded in the only garsh nabbit government worth a damn in this world, the good ol' US of A! Mr. Osborn is fuckin' awesome! There, I said it. He is everything you could ever want in a villainous and corrupt government official who, maybe not so coincidently enough, just happens to have his own action figure! Norman has been a gale-force phenom, standing tall and proud with green garb, death-gilder, and pumpkin bombs equipped ready to defend American interests(and accounts) abroad at a moments notice. Did someone say Ubermensch? Sorry Tony, but this is Big Papa Norman's house now!

Doctor Strange - The Hood
Magic made manifest most supremely! As a forgettable New Avengers bad guy with two guns and spider-like reflexes, I'll be honest I was a bit "meh." But the Dormammu reveal in Mighty Avengers gave The Hood a much need dropkick in the "relevant" pants! Along with his mini-army of "street" villains and lackeys, The Hood has become one of my foremost characters to watch in the coming 09' year.

Mr. Fantastic - Doctor Doom
Upon further thought, I think the duality of the comparison between these two might just be favorite. Both considered to be the most brilliant minds on the planet, no matter who you ask. One builds doomsday devices, the other IS a doomsday device! Get it? DOOMsday device? Very different and yet ultimately still the same, Reed and Doom both represent the "brains" of the operation, megalomania non withstanding. Which is probably a good thing for Doom considering present company. Doom and the wait-and-see game plan just seems to him most right now to me. We'll see soon, I suppose. Osborn is but a mouthpiece for Doom after all, right?

Professor Xavier - White Queen
Yawn. Lets pretend Emma went bad again! Whew, what a rush. Never expected to see THAT coming... Blah what a waste, in my opinion. Been there done that. My least favorite, if not loathed, selection for the Dark Illuminati by far. Where all da the hot-mutant-psychic white women at? Yes to leather and mink fur capes. No to stale character portrayals and motive.

Black Bolt - Loki
Possibly to be considered a stretch by some of you, but hear me out. God-like power at each of their disposals. Each having their own unique art and ways with the spoken word, puns or not. When boiling it down to the brass tax, Loki and Black Bolt seem to both represent the otherworldly realms and forces beyond that of Earth. Mysterious and "Inhuman," perhaps? Loki may be the wild card here, as Black Bolt was to a certain extent. Plans within plans within plans. Who is she gonna betray first?

Namor- King Namor
I don't have too much to say about Namor simply because his character has never appealed to me all too much. Time and time again, we the reader have reminded of Namor's almost Vulcan-like aloofness to anything human. To me, it seems every time I read a line of Namor dialogue, he is always asserting how deplorable humans and their cultures are. Along the way always denying to reader "I'm not Human!" every damn chance he can get. Ok, geez, I got it already. Why not tattoo it on your forehead and be done with it, for Allah's sake! While Dark Illuminati may provide Namor with a much need change, I'm afraid I may have already lost interest. /shrug

All in all Dark Illuminati seems like an exciting direction for the Marvel U in 09'. Rising from the painfully forgettable ashes of Secret Invasion, this cast of villains may just provide the upward swing away from bland mediocrity I have regrettably gotten used to from Marvel(thanks Bendis). Here's hoping Bendis doesn't write it and that this is something I can actually start looking forward to reading.

Cheers

TLDR: Fuck you, read the post. Oh, and fuck you Bendis.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:57 pm

minimalist wrote:

I'm pretty sure the standard of living in Latveria has always been relatively low. From all the times I've seen the people living outside of Doomstadt they appear to be a relatively underdeveloped society. Granted it may be presumptuous to call it "third world" since I don't know the GDP, but what kind of exports or economy can they have when they're landlocked and their leader spends a gross amount of money trying to take over the world?

If Latveria fought against every legal hero in the United States (which Norman now controls as head of the Initiative) my guess is that the Initiative would come out on top.

As for Scott, I think you're underestimating the power he has over the mutant community. If he told them someone was a threat 95% of them would believe him and fight for him (look at what Donald Pierce did to the Young X-Men just by posing as Scott.) And Scott trusts Emma pretty implicitly, now. On top of having sex with him she's a telepath. If she wanted to manipulate Scott I'm sure she could.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:51 pm

True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:

I'm pretty sure the standard of living in Latveria has always been relatively low. From all the times I've seen the people living outside of Doomstadt they appear to be a relatively underdeveloped society. Granted it may be presumptuous to call it "third world" since I don't know the GDP, but what kind of exports or economy can they have when they're landlocked and their leader spends a gross amount of money trying to take over the world?

If Latveria fought against every legal hero in the United States (which Norman now controls as head of the Initiative) my guess is that the Initiative would come out on top.

As for Scott, I think you're underestimating the power he has over the mutant community. If he told them someone was a threat 95% of them would believe him and fight for him (look at what Donald Pierce did to the Young X-Men just by posing as Scott.) And Scott trusts Emma pretty implicitly, now. On top of having sex with him she's a telepath. If she wanted to manipulate Scott I'm sure she could.

I would rather have Ms. Sinister in Emma's role of the Dark Avengers or the Goblin Queen.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:55 pm

I also don't like Namor switching sides they should have used Druig instead of him. It would have brought the Eternals more into the mainstream.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 3:31 pm

This should be the Dark Illuminati.

Doctor Doom
Loki
Baron Mordo
Sebastian Shaw
Druig
Maximus

Maybe the Mandarin
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:35 pm

True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Yeah but, As I recall, the only time Latveria has ever been referred to as a 3rd world Country was in Ultimalteverse.

US vs Latveria isn't even remotely a fair fight. How many times has a band of heroes infiltrated Latveria? Hell thats what Secret War was all about. Fury threw together, Cage, Cap, Spidey, Wolvie, DD, and the earthquake chick and assassinated the leader. Because of the political backlash, Fury had to go underground.

So its never been formidiable on a military scale compared to the US.

Eh, I still think Emma being up there is bullshit. And I also still think the Hood imbued with Dormammus powers is bullshit too.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:25 pm

Osborn's Cabal is pretty interesting...If that is really Emma Frost we see on the last page, that adds an extra "twist" to the story...Namor and Emma aren't bad guys, but they will do what it takes to take care of their people...Atlantis was almost destroyed from the inside out and mutants are almost extinct...I like it.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:10 pm

True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:

I've always seen Latveria as more of a second world country, more in line with the Middle East than some African nations. Certainly the standard of living can't be compared to Europe (mostly England, germany, france, Denmark etc) or the USA, but not poverty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:

I've always seen Latveria as more of a second world country, more in line with the Middle East than some African nations. Certainly the standard of living can't be compared to Europe (mostly England, germany, france, Denmark etc) or the USA, but not poverty.

Doesn't Doom provide them with all their needs, do they not have food to eat, and shelter over their heads and all he asks for iin return is blind obedience. There's no crime and no poverty. I don't know what they would export except fear and weapons of mass destruction. they don't welcome in visitors, so it's pretty much a closed society. They have lots of scientists so i assume their educational system is world class, although I don't know if I'd send my kid to Latveria University, home of the fightin' doombots!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:51 pm

Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Doesn't Doom provide them with all their needs, do they not have food to eat, and shelter over their heads and all he asks for iin return is blind obedience. There's no crime and no poverty. I don't know what they would export except fear and weapons of mass destruction. they don't welcome in visitors, so it's pretty much a closed society. They have lots of scientists so i assume their educational system is world class, although I don't know if I'd send my kid to Latveria University, home of the fightin' doombots!

Yeah exactly.

Interestingly in the Marvel Mangaverse Doom

Spoiler:

Not in 616 of course, but Doombots would definately give the US armed forces a run for their money.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
minimalist wrote:

My point exactly! Doom provides them with everything necessary. They are self seficient. Doom has seen to that. It more like a middle age country when Kings and Monarchs ruled supreme. It is a different standard of living from the US and the rest of Europe but not any worse depending on what you consider important.

ALso the only time the US has ever sucessfully invaded Latveria, like Pete pointed out was when Doom wasn't in control. They assasinated his successor and Doom once again took his rightful position. Doom has so many Doomsday weapons that any invasion on his home could only end up in the invaders being defeated... or Doom saying F it...If I'm to go... I'm taking the Earth with me!

I'll never believe Doom as a follower. Ever. Even if it played into his larger plans, Doom is a megalomaniac. Appearance is just as important to him as substance. And right now, the appearance is that he is taking orders from Osborn. I am more then willing to give this a chance because anything with Doom involved is exciting for me.

I have always liked the Hood, and I actually like the Dormamu reveal... but that brings up a question for me. His cloak is imbued with the essence of Dormamu right... so how does that relate to the ACTUAL Dormamu in X-Infurnus?

DOn't like Namor or Emma on the team... but we'll see where that goes.

As for underestimating Scott... I dont think I'm underestimating him. I know he has the kind of influence over the mutant commmunity that you say. Yes... if he said that something was a threat, he most like COULD mobilize about 95% of the mutant population.... but when they found out that they were manipulated for a self serving purpose... well lets just say you only get to make that mistake once. Thats the same reason why Scott no longer trusts the Proffesor. I don't know... maybe you're right... but I think Scott is also a lot smarter then to let himself get manipulated by Emma to the point where he would put the trust of the mutant community at risk. But like you said there is the mind control thing... but I can't see that lasting for too long before someone notices.

Loki... I am Positive that He/She already has plan in the works to try and betray all of them.

And Twelves... I like most of your comparisons... except for Doom and Reed.... Doom is better then Reed could ever hope to be.

WHen Reed can't come up with the answers... who do they go to?... DOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:18 pm

I don't think Doom is that much better than Reed, he's just willing to do things Reed would never do. Cut corners, & by that I mean use ppl ruthlessly, etc.

Reed is still considered the smartest man in the Marvel U. Probably any comic U.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:25 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I don't think Doom is that much better than Reed, he's just willing to do things Reed would never do. Cut corners, & by that I mean use ppl ruthlessly, etc.

Reed is still considered the smartest man in the Marvel U. Probably any comic U.

Reed is willing to use and manipulate ppl too. I honestly don't think Reed is any smarter then Doom... they just apply their intelligence in different ways. Doom could sit around all day building gadgets too if he wanted... but He has higher ambitions then that.

And I don't think Reed is the smartest man in any comic U. Theres a couple ppl who rival him... But like I said... Its all about application really.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:35 pm

minimalist wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Reed is willing to use and manipulate ppl too. I honestly don't think Reed is any smarter then Doom... they just apply their intelligence in different ways. Doom could sit around all day building gadgets too if he wanted... but He has higher ambitions then that.

And I don't think Reed is the smartest man in any comic U. Theres a couple ppl who rival him... But like I said... Its all about application really.

Their levels of inteligence are very close. I picked up a Fantastic 5 trade recently, the final fate of Doom or something like that... At the end Reed & Doom's inteligence was comared in a dule where the "lesser" mind would be lost forever. They both end up "lsot" but the question remained, whre they too equal or did Reed sacrifice himself to at least give Doom company & maybe someday save him?

It was interesting.

Probably needed spoilers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:58 pm

minimalist wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I think the difference between the two isn't a matter of intelligence, it's ego. Reed might consider the possibility that he could be wrong, but Doom would never accept that he ever made a mistake and therefore would be prone to stall out during the "creation" phase if something didn't go as plan. Reed sometimes has the Mad Thinker look over some computations as a gut check.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:00 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
minimalist wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Their levels of inteligence are very close. I picked up a Fantastic 5 trade recently, the final fate of Doom or something like that... At the end Reed & Doom's inteligence was comared in a dule where the "lesser" mind would be lost forever. They both end up "lsot" but the question remained, whre they too equal or did Reed sacrifice himself to at least give Doom company & maybe someday save him?

It was interesting.

\

hmmm havent read that.

Is it worth picking up? or requesting?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 pm

minimalist wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
minimalist wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

It was interesting.

\

hmmm havent read that.

Is it worth picking up? or requesting?

If you liked Spidergirl or A-Next then yes. It's part of that line, the future Marvel U... kinda.

I like it, it's more old school Marvel, but that's not a bad thing.

Avengers Next was good too.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 12:47 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Yeah, we figured out who all those people were months ago, except the guy in the center whose face was intentionally darkened (Normy.)

I'm kind of wondering what will become of Nick Fury. He's obviously not going to accept this bullshit. New Howling Commandos series?

And what's up with Luke Cage's Skrull baby? Was that just a tease or is there one more reveal left?

Ya know, I'm not even sure how its a Skrull baby, JJ and LC are both supposed to be human.... eh, after reading the summary.. honestly?

I really don't care about the baby.

If you're talking about the cover of DR then the guy in the middle looks nothing like Norman Osborn...it's probably the Purple Man as discussed before.

And I ALSO don't care about the baby...
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 1:41 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Yeah, we figured out who all those people were months ago, except the guy in the center whose face was intentionally darkened (Normy.)

I'm kind of wondering what will become of Nick Fury. He's obviously not going to accept this bullshit. New Howling Commandos series?

And what's up with Luke Cage's Skrull baby? Was that just a tease or is there one more reveal left?

Ya know, I'm not even sure how its a Skrull baby, JJ and LC are both supposed to be human.... eh, after reading the summary.. honestly?

If you're talking about the cover of DR then the guy in the middle looks nothing like Norman Osborn...it's probably the Purple Man as discussed before.

Shit...I don't even care about Luke Cage or Jessica Jones, let alone the stupid kid.....Damn Bendis not making him a Skrull and keeping him an Avenger...
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 1:46 am

Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Shit...I don't even care about Luke Cage or Jessica Jones, let alone the stupid kid.....Damn Bendis not making him a Skrull and keeping him an Avenger...

You would expect him to be a Skrull......what with Bendis having a huge Luke Cage boner and all.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:46 am

minimalist wrote:
My point exactly! Doom provides them with everything necessary. They are self seficient. Doom has seen to that. It more like a middle age country when Kings and Monarchs ruled supreme. It is a different standard of living from the US and the rest of Europe but not any worse depending on what you consider important.

To me that's still not a particularly high standard of living. Even if you just look at the architecture in Latveria. Every building appears to have been built in the Middle Ages or is built to the standards of Medieval architecture. Either way that still strikes me as a nation the would be considered "developing."

minimalist wrote:
ALso the only time the US has ever sucessfully invaded Latveria, like Pete pointed out was when Doom wasn't in control. They assasinated his successor and Doom once again took his rightful position. Doom has so many Doomsday weapons that any invasion on his home could only end up in the invaders being defeated... or Doom saying F it...If I'm to go... I'm taking the Earth with me!

Still, from what I've seen we're talking about the U.S. military or a small contagion of American heroes invading Latveria. I don't think that's comparable to the entire Initiative and I find it a bit hard to swallow that Doom could so easily dispatch every willing hero the United States.

minimalist wrote:
I'll never believe Doom as a follower. Ever. Even if it played into his larger plans, Doom is a megalomaniac. Appearance is just as important to him as substance. And right now, the appearance is that he is taking orders from Osborn. I am more then willing to give this a chance because anything with Doom involved is exciting for me.

I don't think we have enough information to ascertain who's taking orders from who or if Doom even plans to play ball. But I think he's smart enough to know that allying with Osborn is in his best interest and is a convenient stepping stone to his own ambitions.

minimalist wrote:
I have always liked the Hood, and I actually like the Dormamu reveal... but that brings up a question for me. His cloak is imbued with the essence of Dormamu right... so how does that relate to the ACTUAL Dormamu in X-Infurnus?

I liked Brian K. Vaughn's "Hood" series, but I'm still not really sure how he went from being that guy to the underworld kingpin/criminal mastermind.

minimalist wrote:
DOn't like Namor or Emma on the team... but we'll see where that goes.

As for underestimating Scott... I dont think I'm underestimating him. I know he has the kind of influence over the mutant commmunity that you say. Yes... if he said that something was a threat, he most like COULD mobilize about 95% of the mutant population.... but when they found out that they were manipulated for a self serving purpose... well lets just say you only get to make that mistake once. Thats the same reason why Scott no longer trusts the Proffesor. I don't know... maybe you're right... but I think Scott is also a lot smarter then to let himself get manipulated by Emma to the point where he would put the trust of the mutant community at risk. But like you said there is the mind control thing... but I can't see that lasting for too long before someone notices.

Loki... I am Positive that He/She already has plan in the works to try and betray all of them.

And Twelves... I like most of your comparisons... except for Doom and Reed.... Doom is better then Reed could ever hope to be.

WHen Reed can't come up with the answers... who do they go to?... DOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:54 am

minimalist wrote:

I liked Brian K. Vaughn's "Hood" series, but I'm still not really sure how he went from being that guy to the underworld kingpin/criminal mastermind.

I just re-read the HOOD mini-series, and I agree with TB....
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 5:11 am

minimalist wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

In Invincible Iron Man, Stark beats Reed at five games of chess at the same time on the same move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next