the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD

Go down 
+14
Liquid Sword
Figga
Shaun
JBiggs79
GoZ
Leachcraft
TJ
Shadowrenderer
minimalist
CaptainJoel
Thomas
True Believer
DanElectro
PeteWisdom
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:40 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I'm so glad I don't care anymore. This would have made me MAD! But now... I just don't care.

way to go Quesada!!

Lucky....

I'm getting there I guess.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:43 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
I'm so glad I don't care anymore. This would have made me MAD! But now... I just don't care.

way to go Quesada!!

Lucky....

I give it 2 weeks. In the first week you'll wanna kill Quesada & Bendis. (actually I believe you're aready there) Then you won't care if they live or die. Then you'll miss Spidey & the gang... Sad But... it's too late.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:54 am

True Believer wrote:
Okay . . . So that was lame. Basically, top cap of the series

Spoiler:

Sooo uninspiring. And writing's still bad. Especially Bendis' interpretation of Thor. I already despise Thor's irrational Elizabethan era dialogue, but Bendis doesn't even employ and subtlety with it. He hits you over the head with the campy antiquity.

I will say this, though. The last few pages excited me.

Spoiler:

Soo . . . Not a good series. At all. But I'm still optimistic about the future.
You forgot that Jessica Jones realize that she gave her baby to Skrull Jarvis and the baby is gone now.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:55 am

Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Spoiler:

Sooo uninspiring. And writing's still bad. Especially Bendis' interpretation of Thor. I already despise Thor's irrational Elizabethan era dialogue, but Bendis doesn't even employ and subtlety with it. He hits you over the head with the campy antiquity.

Spoiler:

You forgot that Jessica Jones realize that she gave her baby to Skrull Jarvis and the baby is gone now.

Yeah but nobody cares about a missing black baby.

Don't call me racist you know its true! Granted shes HALF white, but still.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:57 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

way to go Quesada!!

Lucky....

I give it 2 weeks. In the first week you'll wanna kill Quesada & Bendis. (actually I believe you're aready there) Then you won't care if they live or die. Then you'll miss Spidey & the gang... Sad But... it's too late.

Hmm

I do miss Spidey and the Gang, but I'm reading alot more DC lately, and I've been good with that... so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:58 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:

Why is Black Adam there?

& this was the ending? More like "ending".
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:59 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

way to go Quesada!!

Lucky....

Hmm

I do miss Spidey and the Gang, but I'm reading alot more DC lately, and I've been good with that... so who knows.

Yeah that's what happended to me. I used to read lots of both Marvel & DC, now I read only 1 Marvel book & I'm thinking of dropping it...
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:10 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

ur completely racist.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:12 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:

the evil illuminati they posted a picture of it on the marvel website awhile ago. And DOOM isn't necessarily taking orders he is just listening to what Osbourn has to say. It's fuckin DOOM after all.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:14 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:

the evil illuminati they posted a picture of it on the marvel website awhile ago. And DOOM isn't necessarily taking orders he is just listening to what Osbourn has to say. It's fuckin DOOM after all.

Uh yeah... and Doom is going to accept

"This is how its going to be" from Osborn? You're.... SERIOUS?

Yeah I know its been posted for Dark Illuminati, don't remember White Queen tho.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:16 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:

Why is Black Adam there?

I laughed when someone on the other board said

at first glace I said "oh Sinestro is there" yes I know its Namor.

that made me laugh.. and we all know when BA is MIA, he's Namor, and when Namor is "out to sea" He's out finding that his magic word is Chocolate Egg Cremes.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:26 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:

Why is Black Adam there?

that made me laugh.. and we all know when BA is MIA, he's Namor, and when Namor is "out to sea" He's out finding that his magic word is Chocolate Egg Cremes.

so is the other guy... Mephisto? scratch
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 6:29 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:

Why is Black Adam there?

Never mind... Apparently it's the hood (whoever he is) who's really

Spoiler:

eh... whatever...
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 7:19 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:

Uh yeah... and Doom is going to accept

"This is how its going to be" from Osborn? You're.... SERIOUS?

Yeah I know its been posted for Dark Illuminati, don't remember White Queen tho.

DOOM's been known to take direction from people with great intelligence. I think this dark illuminati is more of a stunt though.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 12:32 pm

Yeah, we figured out who all those people were months ago, except the guy in the center whose face was intentionally darkened (Normy.)

I'm kind of wondering what will become of Nick Fury. He's obviously not going to accept this bullshit. New Howling Commandos series?

And what's up with Luke Cage's Skrull baby? Was that just a tease or is there one more reveal left?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 1:09 pm

True Believer wrote:
Yeah, we figured out who all those people were months ago, except the guy in the center whose face was intentionally darkened (Normy.)

I'm kind of wondering what will become of Nick Fury. He's obviously not going to accept this bullshit. New Howling Commandos series?

And what's up with Luke Cage's Skrull baby? Was that just a tease or is there one more reveal left?
Fury has that new book called Secret Warriors or something of that affect coming out, about all those heroes he pulled together during SI like Aries' son and that ghost rider dude.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 pm

True Believer wrote:

Ya know, I'm not even sure how its a Skrull baby, JJ and LC are both supposed to be human.... eh, after reading the summary.. honestly?

I really don't care about the baby.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Final Page of SI #8

Spoiler:

Why is Black Adam there?

Never mind... Apparently it's the hood (whoever he is) who's really

Spoiler:

eh... whatever...

Yeah that stopped being addressed too.

No the cloak that he wears is imbued with the powers of Dormammu. Which drastically changes what Vaughn wrote... but meh.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:50 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thats a Douchebag statement.

Its not that people don't care. Its that you dont hear about it as often. The Media is more to blame then people's apathy.

That being said.

I call bullshit on Doom, or Loki,... or even Namor taking orders from ANYONE!!...Let alone Norman Osborn.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:53 pm

minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Its not that people don't care. Its that you dont hear about it as often. The Media is more to blame then people's apathy.

That being said.

I call bullshit on Doom, or Loki,... or even Namor taking orders from ANYONE!!...Let alone Norman Osborn.

OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 250px-Shonuff01
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:09 pm

minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That being said.

You're right, I should have specified.

Nobody who makes it publically known, cares about a missing black baby. All those amber alerts? Only ones I've seen are for white kids. Not being racist, I'm just saying what I've seen.

Anywho Loki? I know he/she had a brief encounter with Doom in Thor... #4 I believe? But already joining a group? I don't think so. Loki still hasn't revealed her hand, Why would he/she join a Super Gang already?
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That being said.

Nobody who makes it publically known, cares about a missing black baby. All those amber alerts? Only ones I've seen are for white kids. Not being racist, I'm just saying what I've seen.

Anywho Loki? I know he/she had a brief encounter with Doom in Thor... #4 I believe? But already joining a group? I don't think so. Loki still hasn't revealed her hand, Why would he/she join a Super Gang already?

Yea... I just don't see Loki EVER conforming to someone else's plan. Osborn can't be stupid enough to actually think that Loki doesnt have 10 alterior motives andwill betray them the very first chance He/She gets.

And Doom?.... part of a group?.... and he's not the leader?.... Osborns right in his face saying "This is how it's gonna be!"? Hell to the no no no my friends. Norman would have been Fried Green Goblin Treats before he finished that sentence.

Not to mention, Namor... a King....and a very pompous one at that... who's had a track record of being very unfriendly towards surface dwellers.... taking orders from simple old Norman Osborn.

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD   OFFICIAL SECRET INVASION THREAD - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:23 pm

minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
minimalist wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That being said.

Yea... I just don't see Loki EVER conforming to someone else's plan. Osborn can't be stupid enough to actually think that Loki doesnt have 10 alterior motives andwill betray them the very first chance He/She gets.

And Doom?.... part of a group?.... and he's not the leader?.... Osborns right in his face saying "This is how it's gonna be!"? Hell to the no no no my friends. Norman would have been Fried Green Goblin Treats before he finished that sentence.

Not to mention, Namor... a King....and a very pompous one at that... who's had a track record of being very unfriendly towards surface dwellers.... taking orders from simple old Norman Osborn.

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

That scene makes me think of.