the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

News You Can Use - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:37 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Figga wrote:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32563

It seems the rumors are true...

I dont know how to feel about this.
It was bound to happen sooner or later. It's all cyclical. If you don't like this status quo, your's will be back sooner or later.

guarantee this will only last until the new action reaches to about 80 some issues......than you'll hear about them going back to teh old numbering system, combing the first action with apparently a new one and a big Action Comics #1000 release.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:04 pm

TJ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Figga wrote:

It was bound to happen sooner or later. It's all cyclical. If you don't like this status quo, your's will be back sooner or later.

guarantee this will only last until the new action reaches to about 80 some issues......than you'll hear about them going back to teh old numbering system, combing the first action with apparently a new one and a big Action Comics #1000 release.

I really don't like this. I really don't think it's necessary and I think it a slap in the face of long time fans when they start trying to make everything younger and erase the history that we've known through out the years. Why is it the search for the new readers always comes at the cost of the loyal fans.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Figga wrote:

I really don't like this. I really don't think it's necessary and I think it a slap in the face of long time fans when they start trying to make everything younger and erase the history that we've known through out the years. Why is it the search for the new readers always comes at the cost of the loyal fans.

I always hate the bullshit renumbering crap. It's so fucking stupid when they've got such huge issue numbers (like Action Comics being close to 1000) when they know that their fans care about that shit. INSTEAD they calculate how long it will be until they should go back to the original numbering so that they can cash in on the #1 issue and cash in on the history numbers (such as Action Comics #1,000). BULLSHIT!
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Figga wrote:

I always hate the bullshit renumbering crap. It's so fucking stupid when they've got such huge issue numbers (like Action Comics being close to 1000) when they know that their fans care about that shit. INSTEAD they calculate how long it will be until they should go back to the original numbering so that they can cash in on the #1 issue and cash in on the history numbers (such as Action Comics #1,000). BULLSHIT!

First off, a lot of this stuff sucks. For instance I'm sad that Gail Simone is leaving Birds of Prey cause of this, and so much is being changed around its disheartening. But they also said that results of events like Blackest Night are still gonna be in play.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:22 pm

Also, there has been no press release so far that Action Comics and Detective are on the chopping block.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:53 pm

TJ wrote:
Also, there has been no press release so far that Action Comics and Detective are on the chopping block.

ill be so pissed if i have to eat crow here but im pretty sure the legacies of those titles far surpasses whatever hipster booshit theyre tryin to pull this time i think itd be a huge mistake to renumber them and even DC has to know thatd just piss off fans and they wouldnt get shit out of such a move
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:55 pm

I agree with Shaz...It seems like it really isn't necessary.....I understand the reasoning behind a relaunch, but after everything DC has done of late to re-evaluate their characters, it seems like a slap in the face to all the work that has been done...But, like GWN said, it's cyclical.....
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:17 am

GoZ wrote:
I agree with Shaz...It seems like it really isn't necessary.....I understand the reasoning behind a relaunch, but after everything DC has done of late to re-evaluate their characters, it seems like a slap in the face to all the work that has been done...But, like GWN said, it's cyclical.....

I don't really see this lasting too long.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 am

TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:

I don't really see this lasting too long.

ill give it a good year to go on its own then the following well see how its actually some reality warp/hyper time booshit that leads to another huge crisis like event not named "something crisis" and then shit will get back to normal w/ a few minor changes
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:42 am

Idk how to feel yet. Many of the main DC characters have had fairly recent revamps & whatnot. A brief spike in sales is really worth a new #1? Especially with GL, it'll still be Johns & most likely the changes will be minimal... I get a new JLA, Johns/Lee are probably the biggest names DC has, not including Morrison. & yeah, I'll buy it...

I don't think Action & Detective will relaunch w/ new #1's. But we'll see...

CoIE is still 1 of my fave books ever, so DC has managed an epic relaunch b4. I seriously doubt this is gonna be anywhere near that epic or long lasting, tho...
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:06 am

News You Can Use - Page 37 1306888402

Weird collors on WW, GL, Supes & AQM... What's up with that???

Alos, notice no ring on Hal's finger & the giant phallic ring construct weapons.
That's cos he's now wearing his ring on his weiner. Smile Laughing Very Happy Facepalm 2
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:30 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
News You Can Use - Page 37 1306888402

Weird collors on WW, GL, Supes & AQM... What's up with that???

Alos, notice no ring on Hal's finger & the giant phallic ring construct weapons.
That's cos he's now wearing his ring on his weiner. Smile Laughing Very Happy Facepalm 2

I see the weird colors on WW. but GL, Supes, and Aquaman have their normal color schemes.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 am

Spelling error... Collar!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:23 am

I'm looking forward to Johns/Reis Aquaman! As much for Mera as anything.

Also, with the young-ifying (lol) of all the characters, will that mean Wally will be Kid Flash again? Like in the YJ cartoon? Or a Teen Titan? TT is being relaunched with Fabian Nicieza & an unknown artist... (there is some speculation it'll be Rob Liefeld as he's said he'll be working on a DC project). Wait & see I guess...

& I wouldn't mind seeing Jim Lee & Ed Benes sharing art duties on JLA so as to keep it somewhat to a monthly schedule. Their styles aren't too dissimilar & Scott Williams inking them both will help keep some continuity.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:32 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Also, with the young-ifying (lol) of all the characters, will that mean Wally will be Kid Flash again? Like in the YJ cartoon? Or a Teen Titan? TT is being relaunched with Fabian Nicieza & an unknown artist... (there is some speculation it'll be Rob Liefeld as he's said he'll be working on a DC project). Wait & see I guess...

& I wouldn't mind seeing Jim Lee & Ed Benes sharing art duties on JLA so as to keep it somewhat to a monthly schedule. Their styles aren't too dissimilar & Scott Williams inking them both will help keep some continuity.

the thought of Liefeld doing anything fills me with an uncontrollable rage
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:13 am

Shaun wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

He's pooping right now. Does that make you angry?
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:22 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

He's pooping right now. Does that make you angry?

very. cause it's an unrealistic looking poop. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:35 am

From Rob on his forum

"At some point in fall 2011 I'll have monthly projects from Marvel, DC and Image."

All at the same time! I'm excited!!
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:48 am

shazam! wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Figga wrote:

To be completely honest I've been very uninterested in comics lately, so they've done their job of roping me back in. DC's characters are classic and timeless enough that they'll stay mostly the same reboot or not, so I'm not too worried as long as it doesn't suck, but part of me is still all "wtf this is unnecessary Mad"
It's unnecessary from a story standpoint probably for most of the titles, but from a buisness stand point I understand this move completely, How long ago was the IC? about seven or so? It's time to start roping in new readers (kids) and the easiest way to do that is to give them the best possible jumping on point, and why not do it across the board while you're at it? I agree that I just hope it's at least good. I also agree that the characters are gonna stay mostly the same overall.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:51 am

Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Figga wrote:

Oh please. Cry me a frickin river would ya? Erased the history my ass. Do those stories no longer exist? Did you entire DC collection vanish each time they have done a reboot? You can still read those stories that they have published, and let's be honest we all are gonna still think about the characters in mostly the same way either way. Guess what, in another five to ten years....it's gonna happen again.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:48 pm

there's rumors that the ongoing lawsuit between the heirs of the Superman creators and DC has some significance with this reboot. If the heirs win, there will be two different versions of the character. DC might just be trying to create a version using what ownership they have of the character.

These are a few of the rumored 52 different titles that are supposed to come out of Flashpoint.

-A Superman title written by Grant Morrison.

-Wonder Woman #1 with a new creative team and none of the JMS changes.

-Green Lantern #1 with Geoff Johns still at the helm and the effects of Blackest Night still intact. Meaning, most likely, the multiple corps.

-Hawkman #1 by James Robinson.

-Justice Society of America #1 with a new creative team.

-Birds of Prey #1 without fan-favorite writer Gail Simone.

-Teen Titans #1 spearheaded by Fabian Nicieza.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 pm

I'd like to see the Milestone and Wildstorm characters integrated into the reg DCU with this reboot.

Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Leachcraft wrote:

I'd like to see the Milestone and Wildstorm characters integrated into the reg DCU with this reboot.

The Milestone characters have already been integrated, I admit they need to use them more but they are there.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:40 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Figga wrote:

Oh please. Cry me a frickin river would ya? Erased the history my ass. Do those stories no longer exist? Did you entire DC collection vanish each time they have done a reboot? You can still read those stories that they have published, and let's be honest we all are gonna still think about the characters in mostly the same way either way. Guess what, in another five to ten years....it's gonna happen again.

I meant erase the history as in the character development that the characters have achieved. If they're making everyone younger that probably means that Wally will be Kid Flash or at the very least it means that all the stuff he's done that has brought him out from under Barry's shadow will now no longer be part of the character. The same will probably happen to Dick and Tim. Will we even have characters like Superboy any more with events being so close to the new origins?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Figga wrote:

I meant erase the history as in the character development that the characters have achieved. If they're making everyone younger that probably means that Wally will be Kid Flash or at the very least it means that all the stuff he's done that has brought him out from under Barry's shadow will now no longer be part of the character. The same will probably happen to Dick and Tim. Will we even have characters like Superboy any more with events being so close to the new origins?
It's going to change character relationships a lot. Wally could still be an adult and be called the Flash, but they might re-write how he became flash to accommodate his age.

It says characters will be younger but it doesn't say there is a fixed number of years that everyone will be reset to. It's better to just wait then hope for the worst about characters like Wally and Tim Drake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next