the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

News You Can Use - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:12 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
As you all know, Saturday is FCBD. here's a list of shit. Joel, there's a Lady Gaga book just for you....

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp

I was just about to post about that! I cannot wait for the Gaga book! OMG, I'm dying to read that gorgeous book.

dude where the fuck is there a decent comicbook shop in junction city/manhattan??? tell me u know of at least 1 Question

There's supposedly one hidden in Junction called the Dreamcatcher but I haven't been able to find it, the other one that was open here shut down right when I moved in, Manhattan supposedly has one, but from what I hear it's mainly trading cards with some comics sprinkled around the sides.

I mainly have been going to Hastings in Manhattan for my comic book hookup, they stock most new comics from DC/Marvel and they're also participating in Free Comic Book Day according to the FCBD site.

The link I posted two posts ago is a comic shop locator. I punched in the zip that NoLuv gave as an example and it listed addresses for both.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:46 am

Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
As you all know, Saturday is FCBD. here's a list of shit. Joel, there's a Lady Gaga book just for you....

I was just about to post about that! I cannot wait for the Gaga book! OMG, I'm dying to read that gorgeous book.

dude where the fuck is there a decent comicbook shop in junction city/manhattan??? tell me u know of at least 1 Question

There's supposedly one hidden in Junction called the Dreamcatcher but I haven't been able to find it, the other one that was open here shut down right when I moved in, Manhattan supposedly has one, but from what I hear it's mainly trading cards with some comics sprinkled around the sides.

I mainly have been going to Hastings in Manhattan for my comic book hookup, they stock most new comics from DC/Marvel and they're also participating in Free Comic Book Day according to the FCBD site.

The link I posted two posts ago is a comic shop locator. I punched in the zip that NoLuv gave as an example and it listed addresses for both.

good stuff homies, i got the # for Dreamcatchers im gonna call em this afternoon figga out what there deal is ill let ya know if anything cool comes about it Cap'n.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

What's the zip code?

what are you some kinda stalker?

Spoiler:

I was gonna punch it into the comic shop locator, but it looks like you guys already got it taken care of.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Brian21 wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

What's the zip code?

what are you some kinda stalker?

Spoiler:

I was gonna punch it into the comic shop locator, but it looks like you guys already got it taken care of.

yeah thanks though i forgot all about the damn thing haha Hal Jordan
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:27 pm

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/04/29/alex-garner-covers-green-lantern-54/

We’ve now seen them but what are the Entities that power “The New Guardians”? Does this variant cover hold any answers, courtesy of artist Alex Garner, who did the ACTION COMICS variant we posted not long ago.

Wait, you want more info? No problem. We visited with GREEN LANTERN editor Eddie Berganza for the scoop. Take it away, Eddie:

“Readers wanting to know more about the other Entities of the Emotional Spectrum are going to be very happy with what’s coming up in GREEN LANTERN’s ‘The New Guardians’ storyline. They play a large role in what’s coming up as well as fulfill a much demanded fan request. So don’t miss upcoming issues and see if you can get a copy of this variant for #54 by Alex Garner that begs you to ‘catch them all’ which is just what someone (ie. mysterious hood being in the GL) is trying to do.”

News You Can Use - Page 20 Green-lantern-variant
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:01 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

We’ve now seen them but what are the Entities that power “The New Guardians”? Does this variant cover hold any answers, courtesy of artist Alex Garner, who did the ACTION COMICS variant we posted not long ago.

Wait, you want more info? No problem. We visited with GREEN LANTERN editor Eddie Berganza for the scoop. Take it away, Eddie:

“Readers wanting to know more about the other Entities of the Emotional Spectrum are going to be very happy with what’s coming up in GREEN LANTERN’s ‘The New Guardians’ storyline. They play a large role in what’s coming up as well as fulfill a much demanded fan request. So don’t miss upcoming issues and see if you can get a copy of this variant for #54 by Alex Garner that begs you to ‘catch them all’ which is just what someone (ie. mysterious hood being in the GL) is trying to do.”

I wonder why they have Hal in the place where the Ion entity should be.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

I don't think Hal is going to take the ION power if thats what your implying. More than likely Sodam is going to get set free and uh well I think Hal is going to be seen more prominently here than in Blackest Night.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:49 pm

TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

I don't think Hal is going to take the ION power if thats what your implying. More than likely Sodam is going to get set free and uh well I think Hal is going to be seen more prominently here than in Blackest Night.

^this^
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:34 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

^this^

That's not what I was thinking, I was just wondering why it was being left out. Is it not even going to be part of the story? That would be kind of stupid they need to get Sodam out already.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

^this^

That's not what I was thinking, I was just wondering why it was being left out. Is it not even going to be part of the story? That would be kind of stupid they need to get Sodam out already.

Judging from the Brightest Day issue where you see Parrallax confined to that huge rock.....I don't think you have to worry about ION not being in this story.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Maybe it's a little foreshadowing...Like Hal Jordan being the only thing standing in the way of capturing Ion.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Maybe it's a little foreshadowing...Like Hal Jordan being the only thing standing in the way of capturing Ion.

That actually makes a lot of sense....never thought of that angle.....
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:00 am

I just figga'd it's cos Hal Jordan is da MAN!

eh? eh?

Come on, you we're all thinkin' it really.

Plus it's his book... Kinda silly not to have him on the cover.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:10 am

GoZ wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

That actually makes a lot of sense....never thought of that angle.....

What makes me more curious is that this means were going to see the Indigos again. So I wonder what everyone's reaction is going to be when they found out the Indigos took Black Hand?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:03 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:

eh? eh?

I agree. I think they just can't resist putting Hal Jordan's face on shit even at the expense of logical cover design.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:44 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

eh? eh?

I agree. I think they just can't resist putting Hal Jordan's face on shit even at the expense of logical cover design.

He sells books. Without a GL on the cover it'd be more like a poster or something. Not really tighing it to GL. At least on the shelf it wouldn't stand out so much as a GL book.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

eh? eh?

He sells books. Without a GL on the cover it'd be more like a poster or something. Not really tighing it to GL. At least on the shelf it wouldn't stand out so much as a GL book.
But when they Plaster GREENLANTERN! across the front of it you don't actually need to SHOW a GL on the front do you?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:51 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

eh? eh?

But when they Plaster GREENLANTERN! across the front of it you don't actually need to SHOW a GL on the front do you?

There's still something about having a GL on the front that stands out more, I think. Otherwise they'd do all sortsa weird stuff all the time & just rely on the text.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

eh? eh?

There's still something about having a GL on the front that stands out more, I think. Otherwise they'd do all sortsa weird stuff all the time & just rely on the text.
I don't think showing the ION entity would be "all sortsa weird stuff" when its directly related to Green Lantern and the GLC more specifically, especially when they are showing all the other corps' entities........it makes the cover look less finished/not as good when its broken up by Hal's mug. This is coming from someone whose favorite character is Hal Jordan too.....
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Well the fact is mugs sell comics. Hal's mug sells books, period. Whether the cover is logical or not isn't what DC, or any company, cares about, it's selling books. What stands out on the shelf will sell.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Well the fact is mugs sell comics. Hal's mug sells books, period. Whether the cover is logical or not isn't what DC, or any company, cares about, it's selling books. What stands out on the shelf will sell.
Your fanboy* is showing. GL isn't selling because Hals face is on the cover. It's selling because Johns has been writing the shit out of that series for a long time. The fact that he is writing about Hal only sweetens the pot.

*Boner for Hal Jordan.

Edit. And a Piece of art(the cover) that looks more complete/correct/pleasing to the eye, will stand out in a better way than one that looks like it was lazily finished by Photoshoping Hal's mug into it. Period. Quality trumps advertising, thats why Green Lantern is selling so well.

Last edited by GreatWhiteNinja on Mon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Nah I disagree, Johns made Hal sell.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Nah I disagree, Johns made Hal sell.
Who are you disagreeing with? Yourself? I was the one that said Johns is why GL is selling, you were the one who said it was selling because "Hal's Mug was on the cover"
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Well obviously GL sells because Johns is the writer & Hal is the star. What I'm sayin' is Hal sells books now. & that's cos Johns made him popular.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Well obviously GL sells because Johns is the writer & Hal is the star. What I'm sayin' is Hal sells books now. & that's cos Johns made him popular.
So because JOHNS WROTE Hal back into the books in a successful way the book is selling so much? NOT because Hal is on the cover.....Basically what I stated from the start. Also by your argument GL could start to suck ass now and it would continue selling on Hal's "star power"........

I don't think so Tim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 20 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next