the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

News You Can Use - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:40 am

News You Can Use - Page 22 Saracasm
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:42 am

Laughing cheers high five drink! Yay! clap Joker Handshake Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:16 am

And on the 3rd day of the 5th month of the 2000 and 10th year AD, GoZ came through the internets with a message (about donuts, yum)which brought about a great peace. All shall praise the name and the power of our GoZ.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:17 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
And on the 3rd day of the 5th month of the 2000 and 10th year AD, GoZ came through the internets with a message (about donuts, yum)which brought about a great peace. All shall praise the name and the power of our GoZ.

Amen.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:22 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I'll do the Batman Bible, you do the GoZ Bible...
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:27 am

GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Do you require your pitchfork?
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:31 am

TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Bring it to me, Steve....
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:41 am

GoZ wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

(Hands you your pitchfork)
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:42 am

TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

(Hands you your pitchfork)

AHHHHHH...YESSSSS!!!! MY POWER......RISING......
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:11 am

I'm TB and I approve this message.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:50 am

Looks like Hulk is coming back.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:56 am

TJ wrote:
Looks like Hulk is coming back.

Photobucket
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

NO WAY DUDE!!!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:08 pm

An All-New POWER MAN Bursts out of the Marvel's SHADOWLAND

News You Can Use - Page 22 Shadowland-Power-Man-1-cover_02

Teen Power Man!....fucking lame.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm guessing he doesn't have stell-hard skin. Either his power's in his suit or some accessory.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:30 pm

True Believer wrote:
I'm guessing he doesn't have stell-hard skin. Either his power's in his suit or some accessory.

The article on Newsarama eludes to his powers beign magic based. A few of Marvel's writers have been trying to find a good way to use magic in the Marvel Universe and the guy who created the new Power Man seems to think that he came up with something worthwhile. I just don't the idea for some reason; I'm not one of the guys who hates on Luke Cage.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

The article on Newsarama eludes to his powers beign magic based. A few of Marvel's writers have been trying to find a good way to use magic in the Marvel Universe and the guy who created the new Power Man seems to think that he came up with something worthwhile. I just don't the idea for some reason; I'm not one of the guys who hates on Luke Cage.

Ofcourse you don't like the idea!!!! Again we have a watered down "Jr." version of a character of which the original one is f'n enough!!!! And look! He's wearing knee pads and shin guards!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Can we please get rid of jr. Hulk (Skaar and Hulkling), Patriot, all those foools!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:05 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ofcourse you don't like the idea!!!! Again we have a watered down "Jr." version of a character of which the original one is f'n enough!!!! And look! He's wearing knee pads and shin guards!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Can we please get rid of jr. Hulk (Skaar and Hulkling), Patriot, all those foools!

IDK, I like Patriot and Hulkling. I like X-23 too. I'm not a fan of Skaar or Dakin though.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:23 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Patriot? Do you have reason for disliking him other than being a legacy character? Because he's not a watered down version of anyone. He wears the costume to honor his grandfather.

And Hulkling has almost nothing to do with Hulk or his powers, they even say in one of the early issues he pretty much just chose the name because of Hulk's connection to the Avengers.

No offense, but you're not sounding like someone whose ever actually read Young Avengers.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:26 pm

True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Patriot? Do you have reason for disliking him other than being a legacy character? Because he's not a watered down version of anyone. He wears the costume to honor his grandfather.

And Hulkling has almost nothing to do with Hulk or his powers, they even say in one of the early issues he pretty much just chose the name because of Hulk's connection to the Avengers.

No offense, but you're not sounding like someone whose ever actually read Young Avengers.

To be honest until I read up on the character I honestly thought he was related to the Hulk. However, to name yourself that just because Hulk was an Avenger is kinda lame. Idk I guess its because their both green? idk. It just seems there are plenty of other names out there for him to be, if anyone put any thought into it.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:47 pm

TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

To be honest until I read up on the character I honestly thought he was related to the Hulk. However, to name yourself that just because Hulk was an Avenger is kinda lame. Idk I guess its because their both green? idk. It just seems there are plenty of other names out there for him to be, if anyone put any thought into it.

Well he's a shape shifter, so he intentionally makes himself green and vaguely Hulk-like. When the characters were introduced it was kind of the point that they all had only tenuous or no connections to the Avengers. They were wannabes and the point of the characters was to step out of the shadows of their predecessors. Now they really only retain the names, because, well they wouldn't be legacy characters without them.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:58 pm

TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I know all the justifications for all those characters but I just don't care for them. Patriot is a decent character but he's unnecessary. It just so happens that Young Avengers and the characters on the team are being written well. That's all. I know the story behind Hulkling, and girl Nomad, and Jr. Hawkeye girl etc. but it's all unnecessary and mainly done for the new generation of comic book readers so that they can "relate" on a Dawson Creek level with Marvel characters.

In my opinion, it waters down the original character from whom the new ones are based on...whether loosely(e.g. Hulklink) or not. I've got the same gripe with the excess of mutant characters and books too. But I guess consumers have spoken and there's a market for it. I'm just not happy about it is all. BTW, I do read Young Avengers and have even talked to Guggenheim about it on several occassions...The only kid team book I ever really liked and the only idea that really made sense to me to have a kid team was Runaways. I never even liked Power Pack
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:37 pm

DanElectro wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I know all the justifications for all those characters but I just don't care for them. Patriot is a decent character but he's unnecessary. It just so happens that Young Avengers and the characters on the team are being written well. That's all. I know the story behind Hulkling, and girl Nomad, and Jr. Hawkeye girl etc. but it's all unnecessary and mainly done for the new generation of comic book readers so that they can "relate" on a Dawson Creek level with Marvel characters.

In my opinion, it waters down the original character from whom the new ones are based on...whether loosely(e.g. Hulklink) or not. I've got the same gripe with the excess of mutant characters and books too. But I guess consumers have spoken and there's a market for it. I'm just not happy about it is all. BTW, I do read Young Avengers and have even talked to Guggenheim about it on several occassions...The only kid team book I ever really liked and the only idea that really made sense to me to have a kid team was Runaways. I never even liked Power Pack

You must hate the piss out of Young Justice.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:58 pm

shazam! wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I don't know most of the sidekick/children of established heroes have the opposite effect with me in most cases they make me like the originals even more.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:33 am

Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I don't know most of the sidekick/children of established heroes have the opposite effect with me in most cases they make me like the originals even more.

I think Skaar's pretty cool. I'm kinda curious to see what they'll do with Daken after Siege.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:18 am

Figga wrote:

I think Skaar's pretty cool. I'm kinda curious to see what they'll do with Daken after Siege.

Drive by.

Then leave him bleeding in the gutter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 22 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next