the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

News You Can Use - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
STATIC ongoing series to launch in 2011

News You Can Use - Page 30 Static

One of the most beloved characters to come out of the Milestone/DC partnership and a presence in TEEN TITANS (not to mention a star of his own cartoon series), Static will be starring in his own ongoing series, launching in 2011 and written by Felicia Henderson.

We’ll have more details on the series – including the art team – in the coming months, so stay tuned to this very blog. In the meantime, lets check in with Felicia about what her plans are for the series:

“When I met Dan DiDio, the first character we ever discussed was Static. Writing Teen Titans gave me an opportunity to play with this character a little. Now he’s getting his own book and I’m writing it! I’m a big Dwayne McDuffie’s fan, so it’s a privilege to reimagine the coming-of-age of a character he created. If not for the big bang, Static would be a regular, awkward, teenage guy trying to find himself — chasing girls, playing video games, downloading underground mixes of his favorite music. Instead, he has no time to find himself because the call of the superhero has found him. It’s a comic book writing dream for me.”

Static vs Ravager?

Buying.

I think that's the picture from the Darkside club story a couple years ago.

Terror Titans?

Now that you say it, I think it might be too.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 pm

TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

One of the most beloved characters to come out of the Milestone/DC partnership and a presence in TEEN TITANS (not to mention a star of his own cartoon series), Static will be starring in his own ongoing series, launching in 2011 and written by Felicia Henderson.

We’ll have more details on the series – including the art team – in the coming months, so stay tuned to this very blog. In the meantime, lets check in with Felicia about what her plans are for the series:

“When I met Dan DiDio, the first character we ever discussed was Static. Writing Teen Titans gave me an opportunity to play with this character a little. Now he’s getting his own book and I’m writing it! I’m a big Dwayne McDuffie’s fan, so it’s a privilege to reimagine the coming-of-age of a character he created. If not for the big bang, Static would be a regular, awkward, teenage guy trying to find himself — chasing girls, playing video games, downloading underground mixes of his favorite music. Instead, he has no time to find himself because the call of the superhero has found him. It’s a comic book writing dream for me.”

Static vs Ravager?

Buying.

Terror Titans?

yeah didnt he mop the floor w/ her?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:17 am

Not quite, but he was the only 1 to give her a good fight. I'm excited about this series. I just finished reading the first Static TPB. Good stuff, he was in the 'classic' costume. All blue with a lightning bolt and baseball cap. So much cooler than his current costume IMO.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Not quite, but he was the only 1 to give her a good fight. I'm excited about this series. I just finished reading the first Static TPB. Good stuff, he was in the 'classic' costume. All blue with a lightning bolt and baseball cap. So much cooler than his current costume IMO.

But you like almost all stuff from the 90's more.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

But you like almost all stuff from the 90's more.
With a few exceptions, Hal as GL and Savage Dragon now, that's pretty true. But how is that really relevant? I like his old costume. And he was written really well then.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:04 am

Leachcraft wrote:

Bendis says the Red Hulk joins the Avengers in issue #7....Oh joy...

He also said (when talking about Romita Jr.) "...It's the best Spider-Man artist, the best Iron Man artist and the best Wolverine artist all on one book at the same time."

Yeah, now I know Bendis has lost his mind...
Laughing

lets see NoLuv justify that one.

I will say that Romita was one of my fav spidey artists. I don't know who my favorite Wolverine artist would be... I sorta liked Romita on Enemy of the State. As for Iron Man, there is no one greater than Gradov.

But yeah... nowadays.. no not at all.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:06 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

He also said (when talking about Romita Jr.) "...It's the best Spider-Man artist, the best Iron Man artist and the best Wolverine artist all on one book at the same time."

Laughing

I will say that Romita was one of my fav spidey artists. I don't know who my favorite Wolverine artist would be... I sorta liked Romita on Enemy of the State. As for Iron Man, there is no one greater than Gradov.

When was JRjr your favorite Spider-Man artist? The 80's?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:37 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Laughing

I agree with you on all of that.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:59 am

I hear there's gonna be a new Pitt series. Keown is gonna be "creative director" or some such thing. Top Cow will release it.

John Byrne's Next Men is coming back, too. New series. Not at Dark Horse...

Not sure if that's really news you can use...
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:26 pm

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Laughing

I enjoyed his work during the JMS run.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Laughing

i fucking hate Red Hulk and Bendis why would i try to justify that? I never said the guy's writing was super fuckin great i just dont see the point of constantly bitching and complaining about books ur gonna fuckin read anyways that whole concept is just ridiculously retarded to me if ya dont like it then stop reading the shit and do somethin productive with your time instead. jus sayin Neutral
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:32 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Laughing

i fucking hate Red Hulk and Bendis why would i try to justify that? I never said the guy's writing was super fuckin great i just dont see the point of constantly bitching and complaining about books ur gonna fuckin read anyways that whole concept is just ridiculously retarded to me if ya dont like it then stop reading the shit and do somethin productive with your time instead. jus sayin Neutral

Ha ha wow, don't get all worked up buddy

Anyways lately, you've been arguing a lot for Bendis.

As for productivity with my time, I'm rarely on here, so obviously I manage to keep busy sometimes.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:39 pm

Romita was good in the 90's when amazing sucked i read peter parker spiderman. silvesrti is the best wolverine artist.
the red hulk is like the phonix rachel grey. A VERY forced plot device. I'm gonna add Deadpool to that list, dont care if i offend anybody.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:50 pm

markrocks wrote:
Romita was good in the 90's when amazing sucked i read peter parker spiderman. silvesrti is the best wolverine artist.
the red hulk is like the phonix rachel grey. A VERY forced plot device. I'm gonna add Deadpool to that list, dont care if i offend anybody.

Eh, Rachel Grey isn't on Rulk Level.

Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I hear there's gonna be a new Pitt series. Keown is gonna be "creative director" or some such thing. Top Cow will release it.

Not only is there going to be a Pitt series, but Keown actually gave his permission to have Pitt join the Top Cow (shared) universe. I think I remember hearing that Top Cow will also be able to put out trades from the old Pitt series.

Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:10 pm

markrocks wrote:

I've never liked Romita Jr. honestly...I remember being a kid and picking up Punisher:War Zone #1 and thinking how horrible the art was. He just has this blocky style that I dislike. However, the stuff he did in the 90s is still a million times better than the stuff he's doing now.

As for Wolverine, Silvestri is my choice as well, although Barry Windsor- Smith's Wolverine is amazing too. Adam Kubert is another one of my favorites. Wolverine has been around a good while and has had some pretty amazing artists drawing him...JRJR is not one of them, let alone the best.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:26 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Laughing

Ha ha wow, don't get all worked up buddy

Anyways lately, you've been arguing a lot for Bendis.

As for productivity with my time, I'm rarely on here, so obviously I manage to keep busy sometimes.

*insert eye roll here* clearly if u make time to bitch about books u shouldnt even rread if u dont enjoy ur not doing too much w/ ur self, *insert witty comeback* who cares by bitchin about somethin u dont really give a fuck about it shows u have nothing to do w/ ur spare time aside from wasting jus sayin
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:49 am

Leachcraft wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Not only is there going to be a Pitt series, but Keown actually gave his permission to have Pitt join the Top Cow (shared) universe. I think I remember hearing that Top Cow will also be able to put out trades from the old Pitt series.

I didn't know he was gona be part of the shared uni. Good news. And yes there is gonna be tpb's.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:12 pm

According the the most recent A Comic Shop video, Supergod #4 comes out this week.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 am

November Brings WARRIORS THREE By Willingham and Edwards

By Albert Ching, Newsarama Staff Writer
posted: 16 August 2010 04:25 pm ET

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-announces-warriors-three-100816.html

With the Thor live-action movie set for May 6, 2011, Marvel Comics continues to announce projects featuring the God of Thunder and his cast of characters — the latest being Warriors Three, a three-issue series starting in November from writer Bill Willingham and artist Neil Edwards.

The Warriors Three are Thor's Asgardian allies Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg, all of whom appear in the feature film. Last week, Marvel announced limited series Astonishing Thor from writer Rob Rodi and Mike Choi, and debuted the upcoming four-issue Ultimate Thor last month at Comic-Con International: San Diego.

Willingham, best known for acclaimed, long-running Vertigo title Fables, has spent the bulk of his career with DC Comics. Edwards, among other Marvel work, recently illustrated Fantastic Four #581.

Here is the text of Marvel's official release, sent to press Monday afternoon:

Marvel is pleased to announce Warriors Three, a new limited series from best-selling writer Bill Willingham and red hot artist Neil Edwards! Hogun, Fandral, and Volstagg are the Warriors Three, allies of Thor and some of the greatest warriors the world has ever seen. When an evil from Hel, unlike any seen by man or God, makes its move, these Asgardians may be the world’s only hope! Don’t miss an all-new action packed epic presenting these heroes like you’ve never seen before—and it all begins in Warriors Three #1!

WARRIORS THREE #1
Written by BILL WILLINGHAM
Penciled by NEIL EDWARDS
Cover by SALVA ESPIN
Rated T+ ...$3.99
ON SALE THIS NOVEMBER!

News You Can Use - Page 30 Warriorsthreefull_02

Willingham doing a Marvel book!!!cheers Really excited about this! rendeer santa king bounce bounce Arrow Basketball afro happy birthday drink! Yay! clap happy birthday Violent Dr. Strange Jedi Jedi Spidey/Venom Cheers! Thor
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 pm

AWHELYA! Dr. Strange
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:53 pm

TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Static vs Ravager?

Buying.

Terror Titans?

I like static... but I've never understood the trend of giving black characters Electric and or Speed powers.
At least his name wasn't Black Static. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:13 am

Figga wrote:
According the the most recent A Comic Shop video, Supergod #4 comes out this week.

LOVE the avatar!! I'd vote for him and I'm not even English!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:17 am

minimalist wrote:

I like static... but I've never understood the trend of giving black characters Electric and or Speed powers.
Icon, Steel, Hardware, Cyborg, Luke Cage.

Actually I see more black characters with armour/prosthetics.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:54 am

minimalist wrote:
TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Static vs Ravager?

Buying.

Terror Titans?

I was hoping that when the two universe merged that he would be retconned to be Black Lightning's love child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 30 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next