the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

News You Can Use - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:14 pm

For those that don't already know, after Blackest Night . . .

Green Lantern Corps will be helmed by the new creative team of writer Tony Bedard and artist Ardian Syaf. The book will focus on Green Lanterns Kyle Rayner, John Stewart and Ganthet. That's Syaf's work below.

Former Green Lantern Corps writer Peter J. Tomasi will be writing a new Green Lantern book (this is how you know you've got a hot property, when you you get another book) called Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors, which will feature the adventures of Green Lanterns Guy Gardner and Kilowog. Tomasi will be joined by artist Fernando Pasarin.

News You Can Use - Page 12 Green%20Lantern%20Corps_Syaf

This was announced a while ago, but, anyway, it basically means I need to start reading GLC regularly post-BL. And I guess I'll pick up the Guy Gardner book, too.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Hopefully it will also lead to less complaining about GL being a Hal wankfest.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
That is pretty effing awesome. I doubt it'll mean any real changes, but it sounds cool.

It sounds SO cool! I'm guessing this means Johns is with DC at least for the next several years. Same with Lee.

dicaprio is actually a good actor so it is pretty cool imo and johns lol did you think after all the good shit hes done for DC theyd let him get away any time soon? hes gonna have to pull some MAAAAAAAAAAAAJOR loeb-isms b4 they even consider letting go of the biggest cash cow
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:30 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Speaking as the likely target of this statement, since I've complained in the past about John Stewart getting little to no panel time, I also hope it will. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened until now. Obviously Johns felt John wasn't really necessary to the story he wanted to tell, so they should've shifted him to Green Lantern Corp around the time they did Kyle rather than having him sulk in space for the past year or so. Either way, I'm just glad my two favorite Lanterns are in a book together that, hopefully, won't suck.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:45 pm

True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Speaking as the likely target of this statement, since I've complained in the past about John Stewart getting little to no panel time, I also hope it will. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened until now. Obviously Johns felt John wasn't really necessary to the story he wanted to tell, so they should've shifted him to Green Lantern Corp around the time they did Kyle rather than having him sulk in space for the past year or so. Either way, I'm just glad my two favorite Lanterns are in a book together that, hopefully, won't suck.

I really wanted to disagree with you, but I can't.... Johns has done almost nothing with John Stewart, and I was really hoping for a big payoff in BL.... but it never happened....... So.... yeah.... you were right, and I was....... wr-wr-wro-wro-wron....... mistaken......
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:18 am

GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

I really wanted to disagree with you, but I can't.... Johns has done almost nothing with John Stewart, and I was really hoping for a big payoff in BL.... but it never happened....... So.... yeah.... you were right, and I was....... wr-wr-wro-wro-wron....... mistaken......

Didn't he state that he did have some plans for him?

Anyways, John Stewart is still the most boring of the Lanterns, Clearly, since Johns nor Tomasi care to include him.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Anyways, John Stewart is still the most boring of the Lanterns, Clearly, since Johns nor Tomasi care to include him.

Yeah, I thought he did, which is why it was a huge letdown.......there was no build up for the payoff.... The build up was John is sulking.......the payoff was xanshi hates John.....in 5 panels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stewart has the capacity to be a great GL!.... He IS a GREAT GL..... But no one has shown it....
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 am

Wasn't directed at anyone on here in particular.

But yeah suck it TB
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:54 am

3 GL books? I know there's enough cool GL's to make it work, & I will read em. But 3? Sounds a bit X-Men/Avengers-y to me...

But, as I said, I will read em... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:18 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Wasn't directed at anyone on here in particular.

But yeah SUCK IT TB!!!

FTFY!
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:28 am

Green Lantern Academy is going to suck.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:22 am

True Believer wrote:
For those that don't already know, after Blackest Night . . .

Green Lantern Corps will be helmed by the new creative team of writer Tony Bedard and artist Ardian Syaf. The book will focus on Green Lanterns Kyle Rayner, John Stewart and Ganthet. That's Syaf's work below.

Former Green Lantern Corps writer Peter J. Tomasi will be writing a new Green Lantern book (this is how you know you've got a hot property, when you you get another book) called Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors, which will feature the adventures of Green Lanterns Guy Gardner and Kilowog. Tomasi will be joined by artist Fernando Pasarin.

News You Can Use - Page 12 Green%20Lantern%20Corps_Syaf

This was announced a while ago, but, anyway, it basically means I need to start reading GLC regularly post-BL. And I guess I'll pick up the Guy Gardner book, too.

This cover is really amazing! I would start reading this series just for this cover art. I'm reaaaaaallly blown away by it!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:00 am

True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Fuck yeah, Guy Gardner AND Kilowog!!! high five

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:22 am

Figga wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Spoiler:

Yeah I'm looking forward to that too!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 am

GoZ wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Yeah, I thought he did, which is why it was a huge letdown.......there was no build up for the payoff.... The build up was John is sulking.......the payoff was xanshi hates John.....in 5 panels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stewart has the capacity to be a great GL!.... He IS a GREAT GL..... But no one has shown it....

Plenty of people have shown John Stewart as a great Green Lantern . . . Len Wein and Steve Englehart in the 80s? When he replaced Hal as Earth's GL with Katma training him? Those are some of my favorite GL issues ever. Also, I thought the Gerard Jones years in the early 90s when he was totally crazy were good and thoroughly enjoyed the Mosaic arc and the series that followed.

Of course, that was back before the cartoon when he was a totally different character. More along the lines of what Kyle Rayner was introduced as, as opposed to . . . Whatever he is today. Which no one is really sure about because he gets about a half page of character development per month.

Last edited by True Believer on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
3 GL books? I know there's enough cool GL's to make it work, & I will read em. But 3? Sounds a bit X-Men/Avengers-y to me...

ur just racist against the number three
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

ur just racist against the number three

All 3's look alike. I don't trust 'em because they look like sideways boobs. You know I love boobs but it's like 3's are trying to make it seem like they don't look like boobs while also looking like boobs; there's something subliminal there AND I DON'T LIKE MINDCONTROL!!! At least not when it's used on me! Sure, sure, you could argue that roman numerial 3 looks like three penises, but I sure as hell don't trust that! HELL, I TRUST THAT LESS THAT I TRUST SIDEWAYS BOOBS 3's!!!!! FUCK YOU NUMBER THREE!!! I DON'T TRUST YOUR KIND!
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Figga wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Spoiler:

Those are my favorites too.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:28 pm

True Believer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Plenty of people have shown John Stewart as a great Green Lantern . . . Len Wein and Steve Englehart in the 80s? When he replaced Hal as Earth's GL with Katma training him? Those are some of my favorite GL issues ever. Also, I thought the Gerard Jones years in the early 90s when he was totally crazy were good and thoroughly enjoyed the Mosaic arc and the series that followed.

Of course, that was back before the cartoon when he was a totally different character. More along the lines of what Kyle Rayner was introduced as, as opposed to . . . Whatever he is today. Which no one is really sure about because he gets about a half page of character development per month.

Gonna sound like back pedaling on my part, but, FUCK IT! I meant nobody has shown it recently...although, in retrospect it does appear that I'm making a blanket statement.....Just wanted to clarify! sunny
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 pm

GoZ wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If Green Lantern where a Marvel character, it'd happen. That said, they'd sell an assload (a TB assload at that). Oh, and I agree with GoZilla, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:29 am

I guess thats true about Stewart, but I've never read ANYTHING involving him that made me say "damn, He's a total badass" I mean sure, there were some cool moments in Sinestro Corp, but it never ever inspired me to actually read a book centered around the guy.

To me, he is what the Falcon was to the Avengers when they were forced to diversify themselves.

Oddly enough now, Falcon is a badass with Brubaker behind the helm.

Anyways, I'm very excited about the new Lantern titles, I actually kinda like the idea of a book starring Gardener and Kilowag. I'm ganna read that.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:37 am

Falcon has always been cool.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:38 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
I guess thats true about Stewart, but I've never read ANYTHING involving him that made me say "damn, He's a total badass" I mean sure, there were some cool moments in Sinestro Corp, but it never ever inspired me to actually read a book centered around the guy.

To me, he is what the Falcon was to the Avengers when they were forced to diversify themselves.

Anyways, I'm very excited about the new Lantern titles, I actually kinda like the idea of a book starring Gardener and Kilowag. I'm ganna read that.

Did your "O" key break mid-post?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:10 am

GoZ wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Did your "O" key break mid-post?

Isn't that near the end of my post?

anyways, I was half asleep when I typed out Kilowog, which was a mere typo and ganna and gonna I switch around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 12 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next