the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

News You Can Use - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:10 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Well obviously GL sells because Johns is the writer & Hal is the star. What I'm sayin' is Hal sells books now. & that's cos Johns made him popular.
So because JOHNS WROTE Hal back into the books in a successful way the book is selling so much? NOT because Hal is on the cover.....Basically what I stated from the start. Also by your argument GL could start to suck ass now and it would continue selling on Hal's "star power"........

I don't think so Tim.

Tim?

Anyway, yea, not nearly as many people will read GL once Johns stops writing it. The same thing happened with Justice Society of America. And that's a shame because I think that book is still decent. I just hate that the team was split up.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:13 pm

GL sells for 2 reasons, Johns & Hal. If Johns stopped writing it the sales would drop, of course. But Hal still sells books.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Well obviously GL sells because Johns is the writer & Hal is the star. What I'm sayin' is Hal sells books now. & that's cos Johns made him popular.
So because JOHNS WROTE Hal back into the books in a successful way the book is selling so much? NOT because Hal is on the cover.....Basically what I stated from the start. Also by your argument GL could start to suck ass now and it would continue selling on Hal's "star power"........

I don't think so Tim.

Tim?

Anyway, yea, not nearly as many people will read GL once Johns stops writing it. The same thing happened with Justice Society of America. And that's a shame because I think that book is still decent. I just hate that the team was split up.
News You Can Use - Page 21 I-dont-think-so
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GL sells for 2 reasons, Johns & Hal. If Johns stopped writing it the sales would drop, of course. But Hal still sells books.
Yes we get that, but you were stating that it was selling because of Hal's face being on the cover period. Those are your words not mine.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:24 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I don't think so Tim.

Tim?

News You Can Use - Page 21 I-dont-think-so

ITS BACK.

YESSSSS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:26 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Yes we get that, but you were stating that it was selling because of Hal's face being on the cover period. Those are your words not mine.

No, I said that lots of ppl will look at a book cos the cover catches their eye. Diff. wording but same meaning. All the other "faces" on that cover are sort of obscured & don't stand out that much, from what I see. I don't think they'd make a "stand out" cover amongst all the other stuff on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

No, I said that lots of ppl will look at a book cos the cover catches their eye. Diff. wording but same meaning. All the other "faces" on that cover are sort of obscured & don't stand out that much, from what I see. I don't think they'd make a "stand out" cover amongst all the other stuff on the shelf.
No, that is what you said. Want proof?

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Well the fact is mugs sell comics. Hal's mug sells books, period.

There you go. You said it. You stated something similar to what you were attempting to say you said before the thing I just quoted.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:31 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Shadowrenderer wrote:

There you go. You said it. You stated something similar to what you were attempting to say you said before the thing I just quoted.

I meant that Hals face sells books. Not that that was the only reason GL sells.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Well what you said and what you meant are two totally different things. The fact of the matter is that you were trying to pass off your opinion as fact.....with the whole "Period" statement. Learn the difference and maybe such a long dragged out discussion won't take place next time, that and you know......actually say what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:49 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Well what you said and what you meant are two totally different things. The fact of the matter is that you were trying to pass off your opinion as fact.....with the whole "Period" statement. Learn the difference and maybe such a long dragged out discussion won't take place next time, that and you know......actually say what you mean.

I said what I meant but u missunderstood. That's all.

I said period cos Hal does sell books. That is fact not opinion. & recognisable characters sell books.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:06 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Shadowrenderer wrote:

I said period cos Hal does sell books. That is fact not opinion. & recognisable characters sell books.
But the way in which you used the word period, was making it as if the book only sells because of Hal. You had to of known that you were implying that when you put it. There was no misinterpretation on my part.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:08 am

Are you two finished yet?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:09 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Shadowrenderer wrote:

But the way in which you used the word period, was making it as if the book only sells because of Hal. You had to of known that you were implying that when you put it. There was no misinterpretation on my part.

No. That's not how I meant it.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:09 am

GoZ wrote:

As long as I get the last word then sure. pirat Cool Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:10 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Yea, Dan, you kinda typed something different than what your saying now.

Also I disagree that the hero's face helps sell the cover.

For instance, on this same GL book. Both Atrocitus and Larfleeze were used on the cover by themselves. No Hal Jordan. I guarantee that those two covers were probably among the highest selling single issue in the current GL series.

Great compositions, and artwork sell covers. All we're saying is that using Ion instead of Hal would have helped the composition make more sense. You can disagree with that if you want tho. It's still a matter of opinion.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:11 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Could you be any more childish? Im finished as of now. (Go ahead and get your last word Danny boy.)
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:15 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Shadowrenderer wrote:

For instance, on this same GL book. Both Atrocitus and Larfleeze were used on the cover by themselves. No Hal Jordan. I guarantee that those two covers were probably among the highest selling single issue in the current GL series.

Great compositions, and artwork sell covers. All we're saying is that using Ion instead of Hal would have helped the composition make more sense. You can disagree with that if you want tho. It's still a matter of opinion.

Hal's not the only dude that sells comics. I completely agree about good art & stuff. I also agree that the composition makes more sense with all the "avatar" things/creatures/beings or whatever they're called.

I was trying to say Hal sells books. It's a statement in itself. Whether it was clear or not is... well, it's not the first time I've been misunderstood & I'm sure it won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:16 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Could you be any more childish? Im finished as of now. (Go ahead and get your last word Danny boy.)

I can be way more childish. Especially seeing as how I was joking. Y do ya think I put the smileys?
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:17 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Dude, he was obviously joking.....Did you not get your donuts?
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:18 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Handshake
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:18 am

Here ya go, GWN.

News You Can Use - Page 21 09_krispykreme_lg_l
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:24 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Here ya go, GWN.

News You Can Use - Page 21 09_krispykreme_lg_l
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH Laughing lol! high five
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:28 am

I think GoZ is onto something here. Donuts for peace!! Give the Taliban donuts! Peace is sure to follow!

Genius!
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:31 am

GoZ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:

As was I.

I find my lack of yellow disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:34 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
GoZ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:

As was I.

I find my lack of yellow disturbing.

These are not the colours we are looking for...

ok yours was better...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 21 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: