the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

News You Can Use - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Dan, stop being Mr. Cranky McCranky Pants! You're supposed to be Mr. Postive........McPositive Pants......

Yep, I miss Positive-Dan. I think ppl (maybe me included?) have picked on his Australian-ness too much and his 20-years-late taste in comics, artwork, and music. Which is tough because that's part of his charm.

Yeah, he definitely doesn't doesn't post as much as before.... IT SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:13 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Yeah Rob started on Hawk & Dove. His very first gig.

Quote :
u get disappointed cuz u dont invest a bit of time to find something u actually would like instead of just whats advertised heavily.

for instance didnt u make that adamant stance against Guardians of the Galaxy, easily one of the better titles in comics in general and not just Marvel despite it featuring many, many of the characters u claimed to love from Marvel?

kinda takes some of the weight away from ur argument is all im sayin.

How much time am I 'sposed to "invest"???

I've read loads of Marvel comics over the years. Many of my fav. comic runs are of Marvel titles. So I don't really like the general direction their stuff is going in now. So what?

I didn't make a "adamant stance against Guardians of the Galaxy" I simply said I'm not gonna read it. GotG seems like a weird mismash of characters & concepts. So it's good. I hear Cap A is really good too, but I don't wanna read about Bucky. So what? My prerogative. I have enough to read anyway. But I did skim read the first ish when it was first put up on the OQL.

btw I don't read "whats advertised heavily" at all. Savage Dragon? Your argument is flawed.

I love when Jim Starlin writes Warlock & friends.

Dan, you should DEFINITELY read the cosmic titles from Marvel. Pick up the Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest trades and totally immerse yourself into that comic gold! I'm a HUGE Starlin fan too and have to say that DnA can def give him a run for his money! And besides, you're already a big Sci-Fi fan as it is mah right?! I'm not a sci-fi fan at all and I reaaaaaally like the cosmic books by Marvel. ALL OF THEM. Probably even more than the regular MU stuff...cause that world's totally independent. Books such as Ult Spidey are really not worth the pulp they're printed on. Cap is amazing but I can see your point about not wanting to see Bucky around. I truly hated that idea until I picked up Cap #1 and started reading it. Ed Brubaker is one of the best things to happen to Marvel in a long time. I'm not recommending the Cap bk so much though because then you'll need to pick up other titles connected with big events. But the cosmic comics are a MUST read for anyone that wants to read great comics and especially someone who isn't up on all the latest happenings in the MU. Just pick up Annihilation and you'll see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:44 am

I read annihilation in the oql. It was cool.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:03 am

GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Dan, stop being Mr. Cranky McCranky Pants! You're supposed to be Mr. Postive........McPositive Pants......

Yep, I miss Positive-Dan. I think ppl (maybe me included?) have picked on his Australian-ness too much and his 20-years-late taste in comics, artwork, and music. Which is tough because that's part of his charm.

Your dates are a little off. 40 to 50 yrs for music, 15 to 20 for comics.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Laughing

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:35 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Laughing

Spoiler:
scratch
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:15 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Laughing

Spoiler:
scratch

It's a reference to...nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:43 pm

As you all know, Saturday is FCBD. here's a list of shit. Joel, there's a Lady Gaga book just for you....

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Figga wrote:
As you all know, Saturday is FCBD. here's a list of shit. Joel, there's a Lady Gaga book just for you....

Is it a pop-up book?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Thomas wrote:
Figga wrote:

Is it a pop-up book?

I get it. Cuz she has a penis.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Figga wrote:

THE TICK #1!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:35 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Figga wrote:

Atomic Robo...Doctor Solaar & Magnus and...

this:

News You Can Use - Page 19 Wizkids_NECA_Large
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Here's a link to writer and artist appearences for FCBD. Beach Ball Comics looks to doing a lot of cool stuff for the day. Awesome back issue bin sale. I'm hoping to get over there.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/signings.asp.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 pm

DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Figga wrote:

Atomic Robo...Doctor Solaar & Magnus and...

this:

News You Can Use - Page 19 Wizkids_NECA_Large

Cool I always meant to read some Solar Man of the Atom and Magnus but I never got around to it now I have incentive.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:58 am

Atomic Robo is a bad ass book! It's like Hellboy, but with science instead of magic...
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 am

GoZ wrote:
Atomic Robo is a bad ass book! It's like Hellboy, but with science instead of magic...

I think there is gonna be a free issue on Free Comic Book Day.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:19 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:41 am

Figga wrote:

I was just about to post about that! I cannot wait for the Gaga book! OMG, I'm dying to read that gorgeous book.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:08 am

DanElectro wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Laughing

Facepalm I haven't slept in two days because of an Advertising Team project.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:25 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

I was just about to post about that! I cannot wait for the Gaga book! OMG, I'm dying to read that gorgeous book.

dude where the fuck is there a decent comicbook shop in junction city/manhattan??? tell me u know of at least 1 Question
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:54 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

dude where the fuck is there a decent comicbook shop in junction city/manhattan??? tell me u know of at least 1 Question

What's the zip code?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:28 am

Atomic Robo is very cool. I second GoZ's endorsement of this book!
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 am

Brian21 wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

What's the zip code?

what are you some kinda stalker?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:09 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

What's the zip code?

what are you some kinda stalker?

Spoiler:

http://www.comicshoplocator.com/default.asp
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:42 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

There's supposedly one hidden in Junction called the Dreamcatcher but I haven't been able to find it, the other one that was open here shut down right when I moved in, Manhattan supposedly has one, but from what I hear it's mainly trading cards with some comics sprinkled around the sides.

I mainly have been going to Hastings in Manhattan for my comic book hookup, they stock most new comics from DC/Marvel and they're also participating in Free Comic Book Day according to the FCBD site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 19 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next