the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

News You Can Use - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:48 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
lol

Martian Manhunter- "Fuckin' hippies..."

Also, black aqualad looks badass. The white lantern outfit is so badass. I hope Magog dies. Keep Aquaman alive.

What do you have against Magog? Sure he's an asshole but he's an interesting character kind of like the DC version of Ares.

That and I was much more interested when he was basically a noble soldier. He basically did a 180 and became an asshole soldier(...that could be a Garth Ennis character's name). Since he turned into Magog he hasn't done a damn thing that didn't annoy me or make me wonder why he's even a character still. I get the need for characters like him...but, he's just not as likable as other characters like him are most of the time.

Plus I have a terrible feeling DC is gunna try and use him make something like Kingdom Come happen...or an event along those lines that I'd rather not happen.

He's an asshole because he's got one of the gods of Albion stuck in him perhaps affecting his personality. His solo series is pretty good.

See this annoys me about comics why is it good soldiers ALWAYS have to become either super villains or colossal assholes b4 they can be cool again IF theyre ever cool again? Think about it the only ones who are military or former military who arent assholes in DC is Hal and Jon...who was a sniper in the marines fyi...i think its kinda bullshit it always goes down like that.

There's a backlash from all those years of having to follow orders so when they don't have to anymore they over do it and make colossal mistakes?

no one in the military is a fuckin slave if ya make it to the ranks all these super humans have youve had plenty of chances to get out instead of hating life so thats a stupid fuckin answer.

Simple answer.........power corrupts.........nothing to do about being a slave. I'm sure half these guys have seen their fair share of shit in the military before powers. So, when they get their powers their like "I'm gonna fuck their shit up, before they fuck my shit up."
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Kirkham is great & Finch is one of the best artists in comics today, that's why DC wants them. Plus they sell comics, there's that too...

I'm also excited that Image United is back on track!
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
lol

Also, black aqualad looks badass. The white lantern outfit is so badass. I hope Magog dies. Keep Aquaman alive.

What do you have against Magog? Sure he's an asshole but he's an interesting character kind of like the DC version of Ares.

That and I was much more interested when he was basically a noble soldier. He basically did a 180 and became an asshole soldier(...that could be a Garth Ennis character's name). Since he turned into Magog he hasn't done a damn thing that didn't annoy me or make me wonder why he's even a character still. I get the need for characters like him...but, he's just not as likable as other characters like him are most of the time.

Plus I have a terrible feeling DC is gunna try and use him make something like Kingdom Come happen...or an event along those lines that I'd rather not happen.

He's an asshole because he's got one of the gods of Albion stuck in him perhaps affecting his personality. His solo series is pretty good.

See this annoys me about comics why is it good soldiers ALWAYS have to become either super villains or colossal assholes b4 they can be cool again IF theyre ever cool again? Think about it the only ones who are military or former military who arent assholes in DC is Hal and Jon...who was a sniper in the marines fyi...i think its kinda bullshit it always goes down like that.

There's a backlash from all those years of having to follow orders so when they don't have to anymore they over do it and make colossal mistakes?

no one in the military is a fuckin slave if ya make it to the ranks all these super humans have youve had plenty of chances to get out instead of hating life so thats a stupid fuckin answer.

I didn't mean it like that it's like those kids who's parents make them go to church every sunday their whole lives and then when they're on their own they decide not to go anymore, Just a lot more extreme. Everybody thinks that if they have the power then they'll do a better job than those currently in power.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:10 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
News You Can Use - Page 29 Bd_poster

The art is great, but, no. I'm not playing your fucking games anymore, Didio.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:31 pm

True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
News You Can Use - Page 29 Bd_poster

The art is great, but, no. I'm not playing your fucking games anymore, Didio.

*like*
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:30 pm

I'll more than happily play any games Didio wants.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:57 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:

Crisco Twister......
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:21 pm

GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Crisco Twister......

They opened for The Living End at the Roxy.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 am

Brian, you are the living end cheers
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Bendis says the Red Hulk joins the Avengers in issue #7....Oh joy...

He also said (when talking about Romita Jr.) "...It's the best Spider-Man artist, the best Iron Man artist and the best Wolverine artist all on one book at the same time."

Yeah, now I know Bendis has lost his mind...
Laughing
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
lol

I didn't mean it like that it's like those kids who's parents make them go to church every sunday their whole lives and then when they're on their own they decide not to go anymore, Just a lot more extreme. Everybody thinks that if they have the power then they'll do a better job than those currently in power.

thomas...wtf does that have to do w/ what i was talking about like at all?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:03 pm

I think Thomas' explanation on why Magog is an asshole really makes sense. I may actually start reading his stuff again now, I was beginning to really hate him.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Interesting bit of info from the Cup of Joe panel at SDCC...One of the images Joe showed up on the big screen was that of the Sigil (CrossGen comic) logo. It then caught fire and turned into an all new Sigil logo, hinting at Marvel owning the rights to the CrossGen properties.

I dug around online and found that Disney actually bought CrossGen's assets in 2004 for a cool mil. So it looks like Marvel can and will play in the CrossGen sandbox.

Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 pm

That good news. Hopefully someone who worked on the Crossgen stuff will head up whatever they do. So at least there's some continuity in creative force/direction.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Several SDCC news bits.

First up. The Infinity Gauntlet will make an appearance in Thor. Don't know if that means the Mad Titan will be in future installments.
News You Can Use - Page 29 Thor-20100725041245339-000

Also Carnage is coming back. Settle down Joel. There's an interview on IGN about it. But I'm sure it will be another classic retconn about how he survived getting shitted on by Sentry

News You Can Use - Page 29 Sdcc-10-the-return-of-carnage-20100725023222496

Also they're getting rid of the Spiderman tri-monthly schedule. And there looks to be some new costumes

News You Can Use - Page 29 The-amazing-spider-man-20100725014516558-000
News You Can Use - Page 29 The-amazing-spider-man-20100725014513043
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Glowing Spidey looks soooo badass
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Tim Radd wrote:

Looks really Tron inspired.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:58 pm

STATIC ongoing series to launch in 2011

News You Can Use - Page 29 Static

One of the most beloved characters to come out of the Milestone/DC partnership and a presence in TEEN TITANS (not to mention a star of his own cartoon series), Static will be starring in his own ongoing series, launching in 2011 and written by Felicia Henderson.

We’ll have more details on the series – including the art team – in the coming months, so stay tuned to this very blog. In the meantime, lets check in with Felicia about what her plans are for the series:

“When I met Dan DiDio, the first character we ever discussed was Static. Writing Teen Titans gave me an opportunity to play with this character a little. Now he’s getting his own book and I’m writing it! I’m a big Dwayne McDuffie’s fan, so it’s a privilege to reimagine the coming-of-age of a character he created. If not for the big bang, Static would be a regular, awkward, teenage guy trying to find himself — chasing girls, playing video games, downloading underground mixes of his favorite music. Instead, he has no time to find himself because the call of the superhero has found him. It’s a comic book writing dream for me.”
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:59 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Looks really Tron inspired.

Very Happy

If only it was glowing blue.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Leachcraft wrote:

Bendis says the Red Hulk joins the Avengers in issue #7....Oh joy...

He also said (when talking about Romita Jr.) "...It's the best Spider-Man artist, the best Iron Man artist and the best Wolverine artist all on one book at the same time."

Yeah, now I know Bendis has lost his mind...
Laughing

Facepalm
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Thomas wrote:

One of the most beloved characters to come out of the Milestone/DC partnership and a presence in TEEN TITANS (not to mention a star of his own cartoon series), Static will be starring in his own ongoing series, launching in 2011 and written by Felicia Henderson.

We’ll have more details on the series – including the art team – in the coming months, so stay tuned to this very blog. In the meantime, lets check in with Felicia about what her plans are for the series:

“When I met Dan DiDio, the first character we ever discussed was Static. Writing Teen Titans gave me an opportunity to play with this character a little. Now he’s getting his own book and I’m writing it! I’m a big Dwayne McDuffie’s fan, so it’s a privilege to reimagine the coming-of-age of a character he created. If not for the big bang, Static would be a regular, awkward, teenage guy trying to find himself — chasing girls, playing video games, downloading underground mixes of his favorite music. Instead, he has no time to find himself because the call of the superhero has found him. It’s a comic book writing dream for me.”

Static vs Ravager?

Buying.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Tim Radd wrote:

I agree! Also. I'm really excited about Carnage! It's taken them long enough to bring him back... Now only if we could get Spidercide.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:24 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

I agree! Also. I'm really excited about Carnage! It's taken them long enough to bring him back... Now only if we could get Spidercide.

The glowing spidey looks cool, but I can't help but think their gonna introduce another symbiote.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm diggin' the black and green Spidey suit, who the hell is this Hobgoblin?

Static is GREAT news, but I'd really like all the Milestone books back, especially if they could get McDuffie back on them, or even Priest or Hudlin......

Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 pm

TJ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Static vs Ravager?

Buying.

I think that's the picture from the Darkside club story a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 29 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next