the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've been curious.

Go down 
+16
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
howie024m
CaptainJoel
True Believer
Shaun
NoLuv4Hoes
Figga
Mr.Wholesome
shazam!
Liquid Sword
Thomas
Aycock
GoZ
TJ
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

I've been curious. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 pm

TJ wrote:
Ok I've been curious about this for a while. As we knew when X-23 was created she had only her claws covered in Adamantium. However in a (relativly) recent issue of X-Force she had her arm cut off. Did that arm grow back or did she re-attach it. If it grew back does she have a bone claw there now? My memory is fuzzy on this.

That's because she destroyed her arm after she took the adamantium claws out. I assume she some how put the old claws in a newly grown arm but it would have made more sense to reattach the arm and wait for it to heal.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Thomas wrote:
TJ wrote:
Ok I've been curious about this for a while. As we knew when X-23 was created she had only her claws covered in Adamantium. However in a (relativly) recent issue of X-Force she had her arm cut off. Did that arm grow back or did she re-attach it. If it grew back does she have a bone claw there now? My memory is fuzzy on this.

That's because she destroyed her arm after she took the adamantium claws out. I assume she some how put the old claws in a newly grown arm but it would have made more sense to reattach the arm and wait for it to heal.

How do you know? Were you there?!?!

just kidding...

sort of...

and you wrote "somehow" as two words! Angry
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
I understand the dislike for Bendis but it isn't entirely him that's doing it...We've seen Bendis do great shit with his work on the Ultimate Universe. I think Bendis has ideas and then Quesada and the others at the Marvel retreat take those ideas and add/subtract until they get something that really is only a shell of what Bendis' original plan was all along. I think when you play in the 616 sandbox, with all the top level books and characters, the more meddling you're going to get from Quesada and the others. It's one of the reasons I like the Ultimate books.

As for his treatment of Strange...He needed it (Strange that is). The guy was just way too powerful and way too easy to use as a deus ex machina. The problem,IMO, is that Marvel doesn't really care about their magic/occult characters. This is pretty much the same thing that happened with the cosmic stuff. Fortunately, they got DnA on that and it's better than ever. Marvel has been hinting at a magic event for years and I think it's high time they get that going. Quit treating the magic characters like superheroes, they aren't. Get writers in their who know and understand that genre and develop Marvel's already awesome line up of characters into a cohesive unit. MI 13 was a nice attempt, but it wasn't given enough priority.

I'm glad they are at least attempting to do something with the magic/occult characters but they need to pull everthing they've been doing together.

my disdain for things bendis come partially from books and partially from interviews and quotes. doc strange was one of the most potent forces in marvel everyone knows that and bendis has been quoted as saying things like "hes not as powerful as everyone thinks he is" about strange. which is total bullshit i mean damn anyone whos followed the character knows hes done some boss shit and isnt to be fucked with.

coupled with bendis's inability to write a half decent story about or positively portraying in part a character stronger than say spiderman consistently... well thats pretty much why i dislike his style. plus his dialogue isnt the hottest shit out there if ya feel what im sayin.

I've got a lot to say in response to your post Travis...I'll do it later...

But at the very least I have to say that I totally agree with NoLuv, Bendis's dialogue is VERY shit! I tried to read Ult SM and couldn't get through half the first book. It was embarrassing frankly to read because it sounded like a middle aged nerdy dude was trying to sound like a cool modern day teen. That's how obvious and forced it was...

Bendis is a good writer and a very skilled plotter. I just don't like seeing his hands in ALL of the MU for the last 7 yrs as I have. He's going to like the characters he's always liked and Strange is obviously not one that he's comfortable with or really is keen on. Or maybe Strange is not Bendis's type... Laughing

Bottom line is, Strange needs his come-uppance but I'd hate to see him cast into some "magic" corner of the MU as Travis suggests. He needs to be integrated into the MU as much as he has been since the creation of the character.

I tend to like Bendis as a writer. I think the real problem, for me at least, lies with Quesada always taking Bendis' plans and ideas and supersizing them. Anyway, enough Bendis talk, I'm not trying to convince anybody to like the dude. I get why people dislike him. He does some things I don't like myself...The guy isn't my favorite writer by any means.

As far as the supernatural/occult characters go, I wasn't suggesting a magic corner, just a magic event that updates and finally puts some cohesive structure to Marvel's supernatural characters. "Magic" itself needs to be integrated into the Marvel Universe period, and I think someone who knows and respects the genre should be creating a solid foundation of the laws and rules of how magic works there, so that we don't get those deus ex machina plot devices.

i kinda agree as far as the need for a concrete status quo w/ magic but also theres the fact that back in the dizzle magic based stories and characters were more entwined and involved with each other the way its common to see science based characters/stories blending together now. that lack of cohesion is another strike against magic playing a more pivotal role in marvel

oh yeah and another thing, SIEGE was a great chance to do more with magic the main villain is fuckin Loki and on top of which The Hood has the Norn Stones. You mean to tell me the "herald" of Dormammu gettin juiced up like that isnt cause enough for a few guys to get together and say "hey this is right up our alley this jerk needs to be dealt with by experts."

I mean aside from say a few Avengers maybe and Thor for sure who else besides magic users would really understand how deep shit is with a demonized thug brandishing magical artifacts on that level? Not sayin Strange shoulda blew into town and started handing ppl their asses but him and a few other magic users teaming up to at least help balance the scales would've made for a good mini if nothing else.

shit the Caps got a oneshot and they STAR in the main book s'all im sayin.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:00 am

Here's something to contemplate. A back awhile ago in Seige #3 we were talking about how much damage Thor and Sentry were doing to each other in that fight. Now what I've been wondering lately. Is Sentry/Void even at full power here? Cause last I checked a piece of the Void was locked away in Scott Summer's mind. Wonder if that affects his level of power.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:04 am

TJ wrote:
Here's something to contemplate. A back awhile ago in Seige #3 we were talking about how much damage Thor and Sentry were doing to each other in that fight. Now what I've been wondering lately. Is Sentry/Void even at full power here? Cause last I checked a piece of the Void was locked away in Scott Summer's mind. Wonder if that affects his level of power.

no he cant be think of how much shit he wrecked ...and ppl in the New Avengers arc as the Void, and hes missin apiece of himself now? i dont think weve seen him at more than roughly 70% of his full power if i had to guess.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:26 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
TJ wrote:

no he cant be think of how much shit he wrecked ...and ppl in the New Avengers arc as the Void, and hes missin apiece of himself now? i dont think weve seen him at more than roughly 70% of his full power if i had to guess.

Well he did lose 999,000 of his exploding suns...
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:15 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
I understand the dislike for Bendis but it isn't entirely him that's doing it...We've seen Bendis do great shit with his work on the Ultimate Universe. I think Bendis has ideas and then Quesada and the others at the Marvel retreat take those ideas and add/subtract until they get something that really is only a shell of what Bendis' original plan was all along. I think when you play in the 616 sandbox, with all the top level books and characters, the more meddling you're going to get from Quesada and the others. It's one of the reasons I like the Ultimate books.

As for his treatment of Strange...He needed it (Strange that is). The guy was just way too powerful and way too easy to use as a deus ex machina. The problem,IMO, is that Marvel doesn't really care about their magic/occult characters. This is pretty much the same thing that happened with the cosmic stuff. Fortunately, they got DnA on that and it's better than ever. Marvel has been hinting at a magic event for years and I think it's high time they get that going. Quit treating the magic characters like superheroes, they aren't. Get writers in their who know and understand that genre and develop Marvel's already awesome line up of characters into a cohesive unit. MI 13 was a nice attempt, but it wasn't given enough priority.

I'm glad they are at least attempting to do something with the magic/occult characters but they need to pull everthing they've been doing together.

my disdain for things bendis come partially from books and partially from interviews and quotes. doc strange was one of the most potent forces in marvel everyone knows that and bendis has been quoted as saying things like "hes not as powerful as everyone thinks he is" about strange. which is total bullshit i mean damn anyone whos followed the character knows hes done some boss shit and isnt to be fucked with.

coupled with bendis's inability to write a half decent story about or positively portraying in part a character stronger than say spiderman consistently... well thats pretty much why i dislike his style. plus his dialogue isnt the hottest shit out there if ya feel what im sayin.

But at the very least I have to say that I totally agree with NoLuv, Bendis's dialogue is VERY shit! I tried to read Ult SM and couldn't get through half the first book. It was embarrassing frankly to read because it sounded like a middle aged nerdy dude was trying to sound like a cool modern day teen. That's how obvious and forced it was...

Bendis is a good writer and a very skilled plotter. I just don't like seeing his hands in ALL of the MU for the last 7 yrs as I have. He's going to like the characters he's always liked and Strange is obviously not one that he's comfortable with or really is keen on. Or maybe Strange is not Bendis's type... Laughing

Bottom line is, Strange needs his come-uppance but I'd hate to see him cast into some "magic" corner of the MU as Travis suggests. He needs to be integrated into the MU as much as he has been since the creation of the character.

I tend to like Bendis as a writer. I think the real problem, for me at least, lies with Quesada always taking Bendis' plans and ideas and supersizing them. Anyway, enough Bendis talk, I'm not trying to convince anybody to like the dude. I get why people dislike him. He does some things I don't like myself...The guy isn't my favorite writer by any means.

As far as the supernatural/occult characters go, I wasn't suggesting a magic corner, just a magic event that updates and finally puts some cohesive structure to Marvel's supernatural characters. "Magic" itself needs to be integrated into the Marvel Universe period, and I think someone who knows and respects the genre should be creating a solid foundation of the laws and rules of how magic works there, so that we don't get those deus ex machina plot devices.

i kinda agree as far as the need for a concrete status quo w/ magic but also theres the fact that back in the dizzle magic based stories and characters were more entwined and involved with each other the way its common to see science based characters/stories blending together now. that lack of cohesion is another strike against magic playing a more pivotal role in marvel

oh yeah and another thing, SIEGE was a great chance to do more with magic the main villain is fuckin Loki and on top of which The Hood has the Norn Stones. You mean to tell me the "herald" of Dormammu gettin juiced up like that isnt cause enough for a few guys to get together and say "hey this is right up our alley this jerk needs to be dealt with by experts."

I mean aside from say a few Avengers maybe and Thor for sure who else besides magic users would really understand how deep shit is with a demonized thug brandishing magical artifacts on that level? Not sayin Strange shoulda blew into town and started handing ppl their asses but him and a few other magic users teaming up to at least help balance the scales would've made for a good mini if nothing else.

He lost the powers he got from Dormammu now he just has what the Norn stones give him.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 am

Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

He lost the powers he got from Dormammu now he just has what the Norn stones give him.

Suspect you sure about that he's still rockin the cape and boots if Dormammu took the power back y'd he let him keep those?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:40 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Suspect you sure about that he's still rockin the cape and boots if Dormammu took the power back y'd he let him keep those?

Dormammu's a growing boy.

But srsly, last I read (I think it was in New Avengers) The Hood lost the power of Dormammu. Loki knew this and gave him the Norn Stones. To what end that'll play out, we shall see...
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:49 am

Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Dormammu's a growing boy.

But srsly, last I read (I think it was in New Avengers) The Hood lost the power of Dormammu. Loki knew this and gave him the Norn Stones. To what end that'll play out, we shall see...

If they took away his cloak what would he call himself, the shirt?
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:50 am

Hmph, Dormammu's an Indian-Giver who'da thunk it?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
TJ wrote:

So if he can't access his full power right now, than just "damn" is all I can say. And with a piece of himself locked away in Scott's mind I'm also thinking that's gonna be used as a plot device to bring the Sentry back to fight whatever huge catastrophe/evil comes next.....maybe not Apocalypse though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been curious.
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: