the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've been curious.

Go down 
+16
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
howie024m
CaptainJoel
True Believer
Shaun
NoLuv4Hoes
Figga
Mr.Wholesome
shazam!
Liquid Sword
Thomas
Aycock
GoZ
TJ
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:34 am

This is a thread for unanswered questions in comics thats got you going "huh?" or "why the hell didn't this happen?"

My question is a "why the hell didn't this happen?" In blackest night when batman started spewing forth the rings and people like Superman became black lanterns......why didn't Sinestro?
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:57 am

TJ wrote:
This is a thread for unanswered questions in comics thats got you going "huh?" or "why the hell didn't this happen?"

My question is a "why the hell didn't this happen?" In blackest night when batman started spewing forth the rings and people like Superman became black lanterns......why didn't Sinestro?

Sinestro wasn't dead....it was an illusion....
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:00 am

GoZ wrote:
TJ wrote:

how did he fake his neck being snapped?
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:13 am

TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
TJ wrote:

how did he fake his neck being snapped?

Parallax...it's in the GL:Rebirth story....hold on....
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:19 am

Okay, here it is, I have my copy of GL:Rebirth in hand...

Sinestro states: "You'd be amazed at the CONSRUCTS Parallax is capable of. I tortured Jordan with MANY of them. My "Death" at his hands was the final stage of his susceptibility to the impurity."
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:23 am

GoZ wrote:
Okay, here it is, I have my copy of GL:Rebirth in hand...

Sinestro states: "You'd be amazed at the CONSRUCTS Parallax is capable of. I tortured Jordan with MANY of them. My "Death" at his hands was the final stage of his susceptibility to the impurity."

You know I did read that...............and completly forgot that was said.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:34 am

/Thread....
Back to top Go down
Aycock
The Omega
The Omega
Aycock

Male Age : 36

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:27 pm

I've been curious, why do characters with super strength have muscles. If lifting a car is like picking up a matchbox to someone, then it must be nearly impossible to gain muscle mass.

Superman can move buildings so what the fuck is he doing to get so ripped. And don't say cause he moves big things so often cause of his superhero job. Tons of fat people work in warehouses.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:40 pm

Aycock wrote:
I've been curious, why do characters with super strength have muscles. If lifting a car is like picking up a matchbox to someone, then it must be nearly impossible to gain muscle mass.

Superman can move buildings so what the fuck is he doing to get so ripped. And don't say cause he moves big things so often cause of his superhero job. Tons of fat people work in warehouses.

I remember on Lois & Clark they said that Kryptonians don't have to worry about how much they eat or if it's junk food, their bodies burn the calories off almost instantly. They don't even need to eat food under a yellow sun.
Back to top Go down
Aycock
The Omega
The Omega
Aycock

Male Age : 36

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:48 pm

Thomas wrote:
Aycock wrote:

I remember on Lois & Clark they said that Kryptonians don't have to worry about how much they eat or if it's junk food, their bodies burn the calories off almost instantly. They don't even need to eat food under a yellow sun.
Are we bringing Lois And Clark into superman continuity?

But yeah I get that. So in that case it's even worse. He can't gain any colories or muscle. He should be mega fucking scrawny. And I'll bet space is freezing cold for him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Aycock wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Aycock wrote:

But yeah I get that. So in that case it's even worse. He can't gain any colories or muscle. He should be mega fucking scrawny. And I'll bet space is freezing cold for him.

Solar energy is probably like steroids to kryptonians.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:03 am

Thomas wrote:
Aycock wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Aycock wrote:

There might be something to that....In DKR, when Supes is basically an emaciated skeleton, after the nuke blast, he absorbs solar energy, that restored his muscle mass.....
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:47 am

GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Aycock wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Aycock wrote:

There might be something to that....In DKR, when Supes is basically an emaciated skeleton, after the nuke blast, he absorbs solar energy, that restored his muscle mass.....

Since a lot of characters with Super strength have limits, I feel that they could get muscle, but it would take an extreme amount of resistance to do it. As in lifting tons for a workout, rather than pounds.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Aycock wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Aycock wrote:

Since a lot of characters with Super strength have limits, I feel that they could get muscle, but it would take an extreme amount of resistance to do it. As in lifting tons for a workout, rather than pounds.

Like when Thing lifts those ridiculous weights,
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:38 am

TJ wrote:

It doesn't happen to anybody with more than 11 inches of taint.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:58 pm

There's Catwoman and Black Cat how come there's no Dogwoman?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Thomas wrote:
There's Catwoman and Black Cat how come there's no Dogwoman?

We went over this in the "where are the unattractive people" discussion.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 pm

now that rogers is back whats that mean for bucky? if he falls off the radar ill be pretty pissed off after what brubaker's done with him and all its awesomeness they better not dick him over

dogwoman? u mean devil dog's baby mama? she got euthanized way back when (yellow)
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
now that rogers is back whats that mean for bucky? if he falls off the radar ill be pretty pissed off after what brubaker's done with him and all its awesomeness they better not dick him over

dogwoman? u mean devil dog's baby mama? she got euthanized way back when (yellow)

Bucky should keep the costume but change his mask back to the domino, I'm not sure if he'd go back to being Winter Soldier
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:07 pm

Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Bucky should keep the costume but change his mask back to the domino, I'm not sure if he'd go back to being Winter Soldier

Change his name to American Soldier or something.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:26 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Actually I think Bucky's still gonna be Cap. That's what was implied in "Who Will Wield the Shield" (since, apparently, if he doesn't he will die in future) and at the end of the Dark Avengers Annual where Bucky was in costume and Steve wasn't.

But all this promo artwork for Seige with Cap in costume and shield just confuses things.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Thomas wrote:
Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Change his name to American Soldier or something.

Let's go with "or something."
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Actually I think Bucky's still gonna be Cap. That's what was implied in "Who Will Wield the Shield" (since, apparently, if he doesn't he will die in future) and at the end of the Dark Avengers Annual where Bucky was in costume and Steve wasn't.

But all this promo artwork for Seige with Cap in costume and shield just confuses things.

Could just do what DC does.
"Fuck it. Lets just keep them both around."
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:55 pm

shazam! wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Yeah, I dunno, that may work at Marvel for someone like, say, Wolverine (if Daken keeps the costume after this Dark Reign BS, which I doubt.) But two Caps would be like the DC equivalent of two Supermen.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:57 pm

shazam! wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Who Will Wield the Shield more than implied. Steve pretty much said he didn't want to be Captain America for awhile. He asked Bucky to stay Captain America as a favor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I've been curious. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been curious.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: