the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where's the Hulk shit?

Go down 
+7
TJ
DanElectro
Gabe_Gray
Shadowrenderer
FallOut Pat
PeteWisdom
True Believer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Where's the Hulk shit? Empty
PostSubject: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:33 am

So, after the Iron Man movie comes out Marvel releases a new Iron Man ongoing, a Marvel Knights mini with one of Quesada's young guns on art, and the (ostensibly) long-awaited Iron Man: Legacy of Doom..

After the release of the Incredible Hulk, what does Marvel put out? Bupkis. Except maybe that "King-Size Hulk" if you count it. Hell, even his own series is mainly being bogarded by some red imitator.

WTF?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:39 am

True Believer wrote:
So, after the Iron Man movie comes out Marvel releases a new Iron Man ongoing, a Marvel Knights mini with one of Quesada's young guns on art, and the (ostensibly) long-awaited Iron Man: Legacy of Doom..

After the release of the Incredible Hulk, what does Marvel put out? Bupkis. Except maybe that "King-Size Hulk" if you count it. Hell, even his own series is mainly being bogarded by some red imitator.

WTF?

In Short..

Nobody in the comicverse lkes the Hulk anymore.

Though its weird... EVERYTHING Hulk has been downplayed depsite there being a movie.

they figure having a book written by the "mastermind" that is Jeph Loeb, is enough to satisfy fans. not to mention the coming of Hulk's kid that few really care about.

But then they have been throwing out more classic Hulk stuff.. like that massive Ominbus and such. So maybe they're trying to get interest in good works of Hulk literature.
Back to top Go down
FallOut Pat
Youngling
Youngling
FallOut Pat

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:57 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Though its weird... EVERYTHING Hulk has been downplayed depsite there being a movie.

they figure having a book written by the "mastermind" that is Jeph Loeb, is enough to satisfy fans. not to mention the coming of Hulk's kid that few really care about.

But then they have been throwing out more classic Hulk stuff.. like that massive Ominbus and such. So maybe they're trying to get interest in good works of Hulk literature.

I think everyones Hulked out after World War Hulk.....it's like they have no idea what he can do next...

Maybe start a family with a female Wendigo or something haha
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:00 am

FallOut Pat wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

I think everyones Hulked out after World War Hulk.....it's like they have no idea what he can do next...

haha

wait, wouldn't she eat their kids or something?
Back to top Go down
FallOut Pat
Youngling
Youngling
FallOut Pat

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:04 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
FallOut Pat wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

haha

Eh.....they could make more.

and it's not like the Hulks spawn can't survive.....I don't know...let's say

A planet exploding?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:10 am

FallOut Pat wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
FallOut Pat wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

haha

A planet exploding?

I dunno man...

thats pushing it..
Back to top Go down
FallOut Pat
Youngling
Youngling
FallOut Pat

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:12 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
FallOut Pat wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
FallOut Pat wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

haha

A planet exploding?

I dunno man...

thats pushing it..

Haha yeah, it really is isn't it?

I'm just not a big fan of the whole Skaar thing..
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:22 am

The thing that annoyed me the most lately was the Hulk versus Hercules, Hulk: Raging Thunder (or w/e it was called) and the Giant/King Size Hulk one shots with like 10 pages of new shit and 40 pages of reprints that cost 5 bucks.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:32 am

True Believer wrote:

WTF?

Don't you think there's been enough focus on the Hulk for the last few years?! Planet Hulk, WWH, Aftersmash... And he's got a second title. He'll inevitably return and take over both titles.

Plus, someone above pointed out all the reprints Marvel's been putting out including the omnibus. There've been at least 1 to 2 dozen trades out in the last few months.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 am

FallOut Pat wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

That's actually not that far off..........(read Hulk vs Thundra)
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:51 am

DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

Don't you think there's been enough focus on the Hulk for the last few years?! Planet Hulk, WWH, Aftersmash... And he's got a second title. He'll inevitably return and take over both titles.

Plus, someone above pointed out all the reprints Marvel's been putting out including the omnibus. There've been at least 1 to 2 dozen trades out in the last few months.

That was me...

and yes... now that you mention it.. there has been quite a bit of Hulk events.

But in the grand scheme of things..

Hulk was MIA for...

Disassembled, House of M, Civil War and seeming for the most part... Secret Invasion. Thats kind of a big absence, but everything Hulk has been "big" in regards to ummmm story I guess.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:57 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

That was me...

Hulk was MIA for...

Disassembled, House of M, Civil War and seeming for the most part... Secret Invasion. Thats kind of a big absence, but everything Hulk has been "big" in regards to ummmm story I guess.

We can mostly thank Pak for that. He revitalized the character a lot and provided some of the most entertaining Hulk stories. But, if or when he leaves... and when Loeb leaves, I'd like to see Bruce Jones and Peter David come back.
Back to top Go down
Jerk
Rogue
Rogue
Jerk

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:59 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

I'd have to agree with that. After WWH I lost interest, and Red Hulk just pissed me off, and Skaar? come on..

The reprints happen for every movie, why make something new when you can sell lots of old stuff?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:00 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

That was me...

Hulk was MIA for...

We can mostly thank Pak for that. He revitalized the character a lot and provided some of the most entertaining Hulk stories. But, if or when he leaves... and when Loeb leaves, I'd like to see Bruce Jones and Peter David come back.

I'm so down for Peter David.

As long as it doesn't interfere with his X-Factor run. Loeb can't leave soon enough IMO.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:01 am

Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

I'd have to agree with that. After WWH I lost interest, and Red Hulk just pissed me off, and Skaar? come on..

The reprints happen for every movie, why make something new when you can sell lots of old stuff?

I'm willing to give Skaar a chance.

Why?

Because Pak wrote the amazingness known as Planet Hulk.

WWH is eh... fun I guess for the hell of it, shouldn't be taken seriously.

So given this, I'm willing to give Pak a chance in this Skaar stuff.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:08 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

I said I wouldn't but for the same reason you mention (It's PAK!), I'm giving Skaar a chance.

I also prefer Planet Hulk over WWH. In fact, Prelude was also very good. WWH wasn't a disappointment at all, just not as well written. Both were equally epic.

I just realized that David's run on current X-Factor is another book touted by you guys that I've picked up in trade but haven't read yet.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:13 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

I said I wouldn't but for the same reason you mention (It's PAK!), I'm giving Skaar a chance.

I also prefer Planet Hulk over WWH. In fact, Prelude was also very good. WWH wasn't a disappointment at all, just not as well written. Both were equally epic.

I just realized that David's run on current X-Factor is another book touted by you guys that I've picked up in trade but haven't read yet.

Yep.

eh I was enjoying Planet Hulk until "Strange Smash" that really killed alot of the momentum of it for me. Plus the whole Sentry thing... epic fight... but... seriously? I can handle Blackbolt only cuz he was a Skrull... hopefully.

Yes, X-Factor is another highly recommended series by me.

You are at least reading Criminal right?

you have read Silent War right? Back then... I didn't even like the Inhumans much... but I loved it. IT was a damn great story... and what happens? Swept under the table because Marvel only cared about Civil War.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:23 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

Yep.

eh I was enjoying Planet Hulk until "Strange Smash" that really killed alot of the momentum of it for me. Plus the whole Sentry thing... epic fight... but... seriously? I can handle Blackbolt only cuz he was a Skrull... hopefully.

you have read Silent War right? Back then... I didn't even like the Inhumans much... but I loved it. IT was a damn great story... and what happens? Swept under the table because Marvel only cared about Civil War.

Ofcourse to both Criminal and Silent War.

Never got through Sleeper though.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:38 am

Excellent..

ya know..

Sleeper is actuallly on my list of..

- shit I have to read -

I know... weird I haven't read it yet.. but oh wells.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:11 pm

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

Exactly and the first ish was pretty good. I'll still wish that it was a mini or limited series instead of an ongoing but as long as Pak is writting it I'll read it. As for WWH, I liked it but it doesn't touch Planet Hulk....AND it is NOT as epic.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:28 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

Exactly and the first ish was pretty good. I'll still wish that it was a mini or limited series instead of an ongoing but as long as Pak is writting it I'll read it. As for WWH, I liked it but it doesn't touch Planet Hulk....AND it is NOT as epic.

Really? I thought the first issue kind of blew.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:34 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

Yep.

the inhumans always get the shaft, if u really look at their shit theyd had nothing but consistently good stories(maybe not all of em are like uber amazing but there durable) that get ignored cuz theres like this divine mandate that once kirby died no gave a shit to make them more than the eternal c list of back up characters to the fantastic 4.

and im glad blackbolt was a skrull cuz he's always kicked hulk's ass no problem itd be bullshit if he just gotta dominated like that
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

Yep.

the inhumans always get the shaft, if u really look at their shit theyd had nothing but consistently good stories(maybe not all of em are like uber amazing but there durable) that get ignored cuz theres like this divine mandate that once kirby died no gave a shit to make them more than the eternal c list of back up characters to the fantastic 4.

and im glad blackbolt was a skrull cuz he's always kicked hulk's ass no problem itd be bullshit if he just gotta dominated like that

It was even worse for the Eternals until recently. At least over in DC they did a lot with the New Gods.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

Yep.

It was even worse for the Eternals until recently. At least over in DC they did a lot with the New Gods.

Yeah, well, let's hope that the new Eternals ongoing starts to pick up soon, because so far, I'm just reading b/c it's the ETERNALS. I hate to say it, but the series will need some kind of a major, affecting the Marvel Universe, cross over event to give it a good jump start. (yeah, I know...do we really need ANOTHER #$%@%!&* event from Marvel!?)
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:10 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jerk wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

WTF?

In Short..

Why?

Yep.

Yeah, well, let's hope that the new Eternals ongoing starts to pick up soon, because so far, I'm just reading b/c it's the ETERNALS. I hate to say it, but the series will need some kind of a major, affecting the Marvel Universe, cross over event to give it a good jump start. (yeah, I know...do we really need ANOTHER #$%@%!&* event from Marvel!?)

I don't mind the events it's all the hype and the having to wait a month between each main book. They need to release one every 2 weeks and then it would work better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where's the Hulk shit?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next