the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where's the Hulk shit?

Go down 
+7
TJ
DanElectro
Gabe_Gray
Shadowrenderer
FallOut Pat
PeteWisdom
True Believer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 8:46 pm

I'm not sure indie is the right term for Vertigo. Otherwise Malibu & valient would be, too.

Unless it's a description of the type of stories they tell, then yes, it's indie.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I'm not sure indie is the right term for Vertigo. Otherwise Malibu & valient would be, too.

Unless it's a description of the type of stories they tell, then yes, it's indie.

Malibu and Valient are indie they aren't Marvel and the aren't DC.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:24 pm

Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

in my mind indie means anything that's not mainstream. Malibu, Valient & even much of Dark Horse is mainstream. Star Wars can't be indie.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:25 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

in my mind indie means anything that's not mainstream. Malibu, Valient & even much of Dark Horse is mainstream. Star Wars can't be indie.

The term Independent came about because it meant that it wasn't under the thumb of the big two.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:29 pm

Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

The term Independent came about because it meant that it wasn't under the thumb of the big two.

well I understand that.

Indie still sounds like alternative not just independent.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:36 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

well I understand that.

"Indie" usually refers to an alternative to mainstream work. Typically it's something with a small release and that doesn't usually appeal to the masses. In the comicbook world though, it typically refers to anything that's not produced by the big 2.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:46 am

DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

well I understand that.

"Indie" usually refers to an alternative to mainstream work. Typically it's something with a small release and that doesn't usually appeal to the masses. In the comicbook world though, it typically refers to anything that's not produced by the big 2.

I've always thought of it like the first meaning. Small print run, not as "main stream" in it's content, appeal. etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Hulk shit?   Where's the Hulk shit? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where's the Hulk shit?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: