the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"

Go down 
+8
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Hedinnweis
REEF aka Luke Cage
Thomas
Leachcraft
True Believer
Mr.Wholesome
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" Empty
PostSubject: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 pm

WHAT'S THIS SHIT? The Blue Marvel? LAME!

New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" ADAMBLMRVL001

ADAM: LEGEND OF THE BLUE MARVEL # 1
The Story: An unstoppable super-villain attacks New York City--and the Mighty Avengers fall before him! Where did Anti-Man come from? And who can stop his overwhelming rampage?! Now Iron Man races to find the only man who’s ever defeated Anti-Man--
THE BLUE MARVEL…a hero the world hasn’t seen since 1961! Will Tony Stark uncover the truth behind Blue Marvel’s
disappearance…and will Blue Marvel ever recover from it? Kevin Grevioux (NEW WARRIORS) and Mat Broome (The End League) join forces to create Marvel’s newest powerhouse super hero!
Rated T+ …$3.99

In Stores: Nov 5, 2008

ADAM: LEGEND OF THE BLUE MARVEL #1

Find Your Local Comic Shop
Get Home Delivery for Marvel Comics
COVER BY: MAT BROOME
WRITER: KEVIN GREVIOUX
PENCILS: MAT BROOME
INKS: SEAN P. PARSONS
COLORED BY: JOHN RAUCH
LETTERED BY: DAVE LANPHEAR
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Sexay.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:

The Story: An unstoppable super-villain attacks New York City--and the Mighty Avengers fall before him! Where did Anti-Man come from? And who can stop his overwhelming rampage?! Now Iron Man races to find the only man who’s ever defeated Anti-Man--
THE BLUE MARVEL…a hero the world hasn’t seen since 1961! Will Tony Stark uncover the truth behind Blue Marvel’s
disappearance…and will Blue Marvel ever recover from it? Kevin Grevioux (NEW WARRIORS) and Mat Broome (The End League) join forces to create Marvel’s newest powerhouse super hero!
Rated T+ …$3.99

Actually, I think it looks pretty interesting...It's about a Silver-Age hero who's asked by President Kennedy to retire, which he does...The Civil Rights movement was in full swing and Kennedy didn't want it to be derailed if the world found out that a black man had superhuman powers...He comes out of retirement in modern day Marvel U when a major threat from the past shows up...

I just think it's a cool concept...I like GREVIOUX as well, and not just because he wrote and starred in Underworld...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:23 pm

Leachcraft wrote:

Actually, I think it looks pretty interesting...It's about a Silver-Age hero who's asked by President Kennedy to retire, which he does...The Civil Rights movement was in full swing and Kennedy didn't want it to be derailed if the world found out that a black man had superhuman powers...He comes out of retirement in modern day Marvel U when a major threat from the past shows up...

I just think it's a cool concept...I like GREVIOUX as well, and not just because he wrote and starred in Underworld...

Your explanation sounds better than Marvel's but I still hate both the name and the costume, plus I'm broke as a joke so I'm staying away from this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Rated T+ …$3.99

So between the blue marvel and the Sentry, you have two heroes lsot to history. Talk about re-writing your own history. I don't know about this, its giving me the willies. (no homo)
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Jim! wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Rated T+ …$3.99

So between the blue marvel and the Sentry, you have two heroes lsot to history. Talk about re-writing your own history. I don't know about this, its giving me the willies. (no homo)

Except this guy wasn't forgotten he just retired and he really was from the 60's unlike the Sentry.
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:59 pm

[quote="Mr.Wholesome"]WHAT'S THIS SHIT? The Blue Marvel? LAME!

i wouldnt mind gettin some "alone time" with Ms. Marvel

New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" Memyselfirene23gd
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:40 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Your explanation sounds better than Marvel's but I still hate both the name and the costume, plus I'm broke as a joke so I'm staying away from this one.

Ditto...
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 pm

[quote="REEF aka Luke Cage"]
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

What the hell is that .gif from!?
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:54 pm

[quote="Hedinnweis"]
REEF aka Luke Cage wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Me Myself and Irene....an underrated Carrey classic

New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" MeMyselfIrene

Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 12:47 am

Matt Broome cover. About the only good thing about this project.

I'm not against bringing back old characters tho.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:43 am

[quote="REEF aka Luke Cage"]
Hedinnweis wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

BWHAHAHA!!!! THANK YOU! I don't get why this movie isn't a bigger deal than it is. It was fucking hilarious and the pissing on the wall taps into a whole aspect of life that comedy as inexplicably missed out on. Though he did miss out on the phenomenon I refer to as the "split stream." Do you know how many chicks don't even know about that?!?! And it cracks them up! Seriously! What's funnier than pissing on the shower curtain and the wall at the same time at 3 am while your half awake? And then when the two streams wrap around eachother and you have to try to get both of them aimed into the toilet at the same time! DAMNED DIFFICULT!
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 pm

[quote="Mr.Wholesome"]
Hedinnweis wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

BWHAHAHA!!!! THANK YOU! I don't get why this movie isn't a bigger deal than it is. It was fucking hilarious and the pissing on the wall taps into a whole aspect of life that comedy as inexplicably missed out on. Though he did miss out on the phenomenon I refer to as the "split stream." Do you know how many chicks don't even know about that?!?! And it cracks them up! Seriously! What's funnier than pissing on the shower curtain and the wall at the same time at 3 am while your half awake? And then when the two streams wrap around eachother and you have to try to get both of them aimed into the toilet at the same time! DAMNED DIFFICULT!

I spent weeks trying to explain that to a woman I was seeing after that movie came out. It was on the other day but edited for content. It sucked.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I feel...I must make a ghostbusters reference
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 12:09 am

Tim Radd wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I feel...I must make a ghostbusters reference

NEVER CROSS THE STREAMS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
frequentcontributor
Youngling
Youngling
frequentcontributor

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 am

Sorry to break up the pee talk, but isn't Adam the Blue Marvel another "fictional" old character? I thought I had read a news story about it on CBR that said he was a new original creation that was simply meant to SEEM like he could have been an old Marvel character... He's pretty lame looking, either way. Why do all of these guys from the 60's have to have capes? They look like DC rejects, which is the exact opposite of what old-school Marvel dudes should be like.

The other problem I have with this guy being from the actual, in-continutiy 60's is: so were Spider-Man, all the Avengers, the FF, the X-Men, etc. Only because of the wonky way that time works in comics, all of those characters are still relatively unaged (Spidey and the original X-men being the major exceptions, although Spidey HAS been getting youngified a lot more, lately...)

So from the Marvel continuity point of view, Spider-Man came into existance in the very late 80's or early to mid-90's? Otherwise, there is no way that he could be in his late twenties or early thirties, now... Whatever. Fuck you, Adam!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:21 am

frequentcontributor wrote:
Sorry to break up the pee talk, but isn't Adam the Blue Marvel another "fictional" old character? I thought I had read a news story about it on CBR that said he was a new original creation that was simply meant to SEEM like he could have been an old Marvel character... He's pretty lame looking, either way. Why do all of these guys from the 60's have to have capes? They look like DC rejects, which is the exact opposite of what old-school Marvel dudes should be like.

The other problem I have with this guy being from the actual, in-continutiy 60's is: so were Spider-Man, all the Avengers, the FF, the X-Men, etc. Only because of the wonky way that time works in comics, all of those characters are still relatively unaged (Spidey and the original X-men being the major exceptions, although Spidey HAS been getting youngified a lot more, lately...)

So from the Marvel continuity point of view, Spider-Man came into existance in the very late 80's or early to mid-90's? Otherwise, there is no way that he could be in his late twenties or early thirties, now... Whatever. Fuck you, Adam!

Is he really supposed to be from the 60's or earlier? Cos lots of Timely characters looked more like this. Capes & lame symbols on their chests.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Is he really supposed to be from the 60's or earlier? Cos lots of Timely characters looked more like this. Capes & lame symbols on their chests.

He's from the 1960s Marvel Universe, not a character who was made in the 1960s by Marvel. As for why Marvel is coming up with these type of characters lately.....It seems like they are trying to "DC" the Marvel Universe. Why else would they start developing/focusing on characters like Blue Marvel, Sentry, and the Twelve, not to mention all the new "legacy" characters they've been churning out lately. Marvel better be careful...There's a reason I only read Marvel and it ain't because of that crap...
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

He's from the 1960s Marvel Universe, not a character who was made in the 1960s by Marvel. As for why Marvel is coming up with these type of characters lately.....It seems like they are trying to "DC" the Marvel Universe. Why else would they start developing/focusing on characters like Blue Marvel, Sentry, and the Twelve, not to mention all the new "legacy" characters they've been churning out lately. Marvel better be careful...There's a reason I only read Marvel and it ain't because of that crap...

is it because of the Onslaught of Mediocre to Crap Crossovers?

You're really missing out on some DC stuff. I used to be like PRO MARVEL like you, until I found myself enjoying more DC stuff than Marvel. Well at least in the primary universe.

The Twelve is good shit.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

You're really missing out on some DC stuff. I used to be like PRO MARVEL like you, until I found myself enjoying more DC stuff than Marvel. Well at least in the primary universe.

The Twelve is good shit.

I honestly think Onslaught could've been done a whole lot better if it had a more infinite crisis-type thing... where EVERYONE was in on it.

And they had master puppeteers.

It would've been a lot better.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 8:14 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

The Twelve is good shit.

I honestly think Onslaught could've been done a whole lot better if it had a more infinite crisis-type thing... where EVERYONE was in on it.

And they had master puppeteers.

It would've been a lot better.

I wasn't specifically talking about Onslaught.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 7:16 pm

New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" WAROFKINGS

TRAVIS WILL BE HAPPY.

New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" X-MENSPIDER-MAN

JOEL WILL...WELL, HE MIGHT EXPLODE. THAT- IS- NOT- PETER PARKER! This isn't Joel's dream comic but it is close. This story takes place in the 90's and stars Ben Reilly and an X-Men team that includes Wolverine without his Adamantium.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"   New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?" Empty

Back to top Go down

New/Upcoming Comics..or "What's this shit?"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: