the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Krypton Site.....

Go down 
+20
REEF aka Luke Cage
TJ
Asheralon
Tayley
CaptainJoel
PeteWisdom
DanElectro
Shaun
Maxyboi2424
Liquid Sword
LifesTruesin
Thomas
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
Aycock
Shadowrenderer
Tim Radd
Mr.Wholesome
True Believer
GoZ
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

Krypton Site..... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:03 pm

I won't risk it again either, it seems like there's always just a quiet time and then the viruses and pop ups come back a day or two later. It's bullshit. I think it's just safer if he'd start Thanagar on a site like this.

And I'm with Bayani, how does this site host make money? I have not seen a single ad anywhere.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
I won't risk it again either, it seems like there's always just a quiet time and then the viruses and pop ups come back a day or two later. It's bullshit. I think it's just safer if he'd start Thanagar on a site like this.

And I'm with Bayani, how does this site host make money? I have not seen a single ad anywhere.

There actually are ads if you're not registered. But not a one if you are. Which is really awesome. I'm pretty sure, aside from the ads non-registered folk see, that if you need alot of bandwidth they do offer a premium forum at a cost.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Thanagar Website???   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 am

"The requested URL was not found on this server."

Is Thanagar gone forever???
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:37 am

Idk why they'd be gone, but if it did disappear it'll surely only be for a short time. V usually has another Krypton/Thanagar up in running soon after one goes down.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 am

I tried going back there a few days ago.

Bad idea. Viruses. Again. This time I had to do a full system restore, because even after running Malwarebytes I couldn't connect to the internet or connect any devices (thumb drive, iPod, anything.)

They have got to move to a new host. Like seriously.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:17 am

True Believer wrote:

Bad idea. Viruses. Again. This time I had to do a full system restore, because even after running Malwarebytes I couldn't connect to the internet or connect any devices (thumb drive, iPod, anything.)

I gotta agree with you there. I don't understand why V keeps the site there either.. Those viruses never leave his site.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I gotta agree with you there. I don't understand why V keeps the site there either.. Those viruses never leave his site.

Just like DanE's junk. ZING!!!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Looks like all of the Makeforum (thangar's host) sites are down.

I hope they use this as an opportunity to move.

Hey, V! Forumotion rocks. Use it.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 pm

I made V a new site but he ignored me when I e-mailed him about it so after about a month of him not even going to check it out I finally deleted it.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 am

Thomas wrote:
I made V a new site but he ignored me when I e-mailed him about it so after about a month of him not even going to check it out I finally deleted it.

That actually is kinda rude in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 am

Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Just for clarification purposes, the fact it was ignored was rude, and not Thomas deleting it? Right?
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:54 am

GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Just for clarification purposes, the fact it was ignored was rude, and not Thomas deleting it? Right?

Rather, Thomas creating it.

Just like saying to someone, "Here, I made this. It's better than yours. You should use it."

I would have told you to fuck off, to be honest.
I understand the site is fucked up, but he obviously has his reasons for keeping it there, be it laziness, him being in school or the fact that the member base has dwindled down to less than a handfull of members because this is like the 6th time the site has moved.
Still, IMHO, it's a bit insulting.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 am

I'm surprised this is the first time Thomas' has mentioned it though...figured he'd bring it up a lot, like that banner he "supposedly" made.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:14 am

Tim Radd wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Just like saying to someone, "Here, I made this. It's better than yours. You should use it."

I understand the site is fucked up, but he obviously has his reasons for keeping it there, be it laziness, him being in school or the fact that the member base has dwindled down to less than a handfull of members because this is like the 6th time the site has moved.

Wow...Really? I don't think Thomas made it because he thought his site was better(but of course, I don't know that as fact), I saw it as a good will gesture, as in, Hey, you seem to be having some problems, I'm trying to help....I can see how it could be mis-construed, though....
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 am

GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Wow...Really? I don't think Thomas made it because he thought his site was better(but of course, I don't know that as fact), I saw it as a good will gesture, as in, Hey, you seem to be having some problems, I'm trying to help....I can see how it could be mis-construed, though....

Right, I'm not saying that, that was his intent, just saying that's how I would interpret that at first. So if V didn't respond to that, I wouldn't really be shocked if his reasoning was similar to what I stated above.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 am

Tim Radd wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Right, I'm not saying that, that was his intent, just saying that's how I would interpret that at first. So if V didn't respond to that, I wouldn't really be shocked if his reasoning was similar to what I stated above.

Understandable...
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 am

I kind of agree with Tim. I mean I don't think he should be insulted by the gesture but if V wanted to move he'd do it himself and I think he'd want to start the forum himself rather than having one someone else registered with an e-mail address that isn't even his.

That said, I know it sucks to rebuild, we've done it twice ourselves, but when it gets to the point that your host is giving people viruses and you start to lose members because of it, it's time to move. The loyal members will follow and I can assure he's losing more members by not moving than he is by staying there.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 am

True Believer wrote:
I kind of agree with Tim. I mean I don't think he should be insulted by the gesture but if V wanted to move he'd do it himself and I think he'd want to start the forum himself rather than having one someone else registered with an e-mail address that isn't even his.

That said, I know it sucks to rebuild, we've done it twice ourselves, but when it gets to the point that your host is giving people viruses and you start to lose members because of it, it's time to move. The loyal members will follow and I can assure he's losing more members by not moving than he is by staying there.

Yeah, I know that if he moved to a different site, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:07 pm

GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Understandable...

The only reason I made it was because I remember him saying that the current version was the final one and that he wasn't going make another one because he was sick of making new sites. I really want to continue posting on Thanagar and talking with the people who only post there but I'm not going anywhere near that site again, especially since I made the mistake of going there once since the last time I got infected and my computer is fucked up again.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:35 pm

I really enjoyed talking to Raziel. Dude was cool. I wish he posted here, too.
Back to top Go down
VashtheStampede
Youngling
Youngling
VashtheStampede

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:28 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:34 am

VashtheStampede wrote:
Laughing

You're just posting that, so you can read the free comics....but it doesn't work like that...
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 2:03 am

GoZ wrote:
VashtheStampede wrote:
Laughing

You're just posting that, so you can read the free comics....but it doesn't work like that...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am

Just to clarify, Thomas did in fact make a banner.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Just to clarify, Thomas did in fact make a banner.

Tim knows that . . . Like, for a fact. He's busting his chops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Krypton Site.....
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next