the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Krypton Site.....

Go down 
+20
REEF aka Luke Cage
TJ
Asheralon
Tayley
CaptainJoel
PeteWisdom
DanElectro
Shaun
Maxyboi2424
Liquid Sword
LifesTruesin
Thomas
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
Aycock
Shadowrenderer
Tim Radd
Mr.Wholesome
True Believer
GoZ
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
guess_question
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
guess_question

Male Age : 40

Krypton Site..... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Thomas wrote:
It looks like it's back to normal.

Oh thank the universe..... cheers
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah, I just got bombarded with a shit ton of viruses and spyware from thanagar which avast didn't manage to stop. I ended up with a virus that specifically targeted Malwarebytes and deleted the mbam.exe file. Luckily it was stupid enough that I just had to copy the file from another computer, re-name it and reload it onto mine via flash drive.

Anyway, after four hours of trying to work that out, though it pains me to say it, I won't be going back to thanagar. They should really move it to a better host site with less shady advertisers.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 pm

True Believer wrote:
Yeah, I just got bombarded with a shit ton of viruses and spyware from thanagar which avast didn't manage to stop. I ended up with a virus that specifically targeted Malwarebytes and deleted the mbam.exe file. Luckily it was stupid enough that I just had to copy the file from another computer, re-name it and reload it onto mine via flash drive.

Anyway, after four hours of trying to work that out, though it pains me to say it, I won't be going back to thanagar. They should really move it to a better host site with less shady advertisers.

The same thing happened to me. I can't get that rename thing to work though.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:00 pm

How do you know if you have the virus? I only run avast and avira and neither of them are saying I have a virus, but I was on Thanagar earlier today.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:07 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
How do you know if you have the virus? I only run avast and avira and neither of them are saying I have a virus, but I was on Thanagar earlier today.

If they stop working then you probably have it. I had another antivirus program that got fucked up right before the malwarebytes one so I don't think it just attacks that one.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:11 pm

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

If they stop working then you probably have it. I had another antivirus program that got fucked up right before the malwarebytes one so I don't think it just attacks that one.

So, try running a standard scan and if the scan stops then I probably have it? That rerally sucks. I'll try running both my anti-virus programs, hopefully I don't have it.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Also, why doesn't V set up a forum on a site like we have? We never have those kind of problems with viruses and shit.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Same shit happened to me..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm sorry everyone. idk what to tell you. I'll talk to V but odds are he won't do shit.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:02 pm

I'm just gonna say this once because I don't get to very often: I have a Mac. Suck it.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:25 pm

bayani wrote:
I'm just gonna say this once because I don't get to very often: I have a Mac. Suck it.

lol same
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:21 pm

what the hell is with that Thanagar site? Theres no way to register for the site. EVery time I try to click on it, it just links me to an IBM website.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:39 pm

I've never really ahd a problem with the site until fairly recently... I wish V would just pick a forum host with no spammy mcspam spam.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:46 pm

minimalist wrote:
what the hell is with that Thanagar site? Theres no way to register for the site. EVery time I try to click on it, it just links me to an IBM website.

He blocked new registration. hmm
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:52 am

Tim Radd wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Still, he's done it before, and still. we get viruses....I was talking to Osirus yesterday, and we both brought up the fact that he should move the site to where the ARA is....Not the ARA, but the same host.....

Or at least, get Raz over here permanately to post....
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:36 am

GoZ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Still, he's done it before, and still. we get viruses....I was talking to Osirus yesterday, and we both brought up the fact that he should move the site to where the ARA is....Not the ARA, but the same host.....

Or at least, get Raz over here permanately to post....

Yeah that needs to happen I'm not going back only to have my computer fucked up again.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 pm

that sucks. Oh well, Thems the breaks.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:02 pm

We do really need Raziel to post over here.. I think he's probably the best OQL-type poster EVER. He posts stuff I didn't even know was out.. If it wasn't for that guy I probably wouldn't be up on half of comic's current events. Did anyone else from there get their comps fucked up? I don't really talk to any of the Thanagar-only members outside of the site.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Hey can someone who is still risking going to Thanagar tell me the names of the sections and V's email. I started a new Thanagar on the site that hosts the ARA. He can either use it or not or change it but I remember him saying when he created the current version that he didn't want to have to start a new one because he's done it so many times before. So I figured I would give him a hand since he's a busy guy and I had the time and he didn't seem all that worried about the virus' when people were complaining about them. I want to get the sections set up so that it's finished when I hand over the Admin to him.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Thomas wrote:
Hey can someone who is still risking going to Thanagar tell me the names of the sections and V's email. I started a new Thanagar on the site that hosts the ARA. He can either use it or not or change it but I remember him saying when he created the current version that he didn't want to have to start a new one because he's done it so many times before. So I figured I would give him a hand since he's a busy guy and I had the time and he didn't seem all that worried about the virus' when people were complaining about them. I want to get the sections set up so that it's finished when I hand over the Admin to him.
How does this site make money? I've never seen Ads here. Y'know, except for Zebra Cakes.
Back to top Go down
guess_question
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
guess_question

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Thomas wrote:

Can you post a link...i'll send it to V.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:54 pm

guess_question wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Can you post a link...i'll send it to V.

I will but I want to set up the sections first before he sees it. Can you post the names?
Back to top Go down
guess_question
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
guess_question

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:00 pm

Thomas wrote:

I will but I want to set up the sections first before he sees it. Can you post the names?
By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!!

Comic Battles, Debate, and Discussion

General Chat and News

Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Movies, Music, Books

Videogames, Anime, Science & Technology, and BABES!!

Message to guests

Also V did something...he asked if anyone who logged in today had any problems...I havnt had any pop ups or spyware/virus alerts today...anyone else?
Back to top Go down
guess_question
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
guess_question

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:11 pm

From V "yeah i deleted almost all of the spam accounts, let me know as soon as any spyware/virus alerts are popping up. Also it seems like the main host, makeforums, is attacked with spam bots sigh. i painstakingly deleted all spambots. if anyone got infected, i apologize. it seems like a lot of mybb3 forums are being hit."

The site seems cleaned up. I did a scan on my comp while on the site..lowered my security settings and no probs, so looks clean for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:19 pm

guess_question wrote:
From V "yeah i deleted almost all of the spam accounts, let me know as soon as any spyware/virus alerts are popping up. Also it seems like the main host, makeforums, is attacked with spam bots sigh. i painstakingly deleted all spambots. if anyone got infected, i apologize. it seems like a lot of mybb3 forums are being hit."

The site seems cleaned up. I did a scan on my comp while on the site..lowered my security settings and no probs, so looks clean for the time being.

Well I'm still not going to risk it, it took me days to get my computer back to normal and I had to finally do a restore of Windows.

I sent you a PM with the link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krypton Site.....   Krypton Site..... - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Krypton Site.....
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next