the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition

Go down 
+27
guess_question
markrocks
Leachcraft
Aycock
VashtheStampede
minimalist
Tim Radd
Brian21
bayani
howie024m
shazam!
Shaun
GoZ
TJ
Figga
Tayley
NoLuv4Hoes
CaptainJoel
Shadowrenderer
Liquid Sword
GreatWhiteNinja
True Believer
Thomas
DanElectro
MJ
PeteWisdom
Mr.Wholesome
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 35

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Willpower doesn't have an opposite in the spectrum, Its the balance of all emotions. Fear is hopes opposite.

Good shit, G Dub. This makes perfect sense.

And to further prove the point.

ROY G BIV

If you take one from each side starting from the end. You have...

Red and Violet - Hate and Love
Orange and Indigo - Avarice and Compassion
Yellow and Blue - Fear and Hope

Green - Willpower is the one in the middle without an opposite. So yes, Willpower balances the spectrum.

Hey! I was gonna do that . . . .

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

That just means that you've smoked too much or you haven't smoked enough.

Anywho, the colors all represent an emotion, with an equally powerful opposite. However, Willpower isn't really an emotion, it's what's used to balance out all emotion. Pretty sure that's what he means.

Pretty Much yeah.

All that kind of makes sense but willpower is the opposite of fear but fear's not really the opposite of hope. The way I see it hope is the food of life and regret is the excrement. I can kind of see despair as the opposite of hope too.

Hope actually seems like a much more logical opposite to fear than willpower, IMO. They both relate to willpower in some way (and, really, all of the emotions require willpower to some extent.) But when you think about it, in their functions they are opposites. Hope is belief in the good or in a purpose or some form of believing that drives you to action (that's where willpower come in.) While fear is what implants doubt and corrodes ones belief either in themselves or whatever they have faith in and stalls action (its affect on your will is the opposite of hope's.)
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:12 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

ROY G BIV

Green - Willpower is the one in the middle without an opposite. So yes, Willpower balances the spectrum.

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Anywho, the colors all represent an emotion, with an equally powerful opposite. However, Willpower isn't really an emotion, it's what's used to balance out all emotion. Pretty sure that's what he means.

Pretty Much yeah.

All that kind of makes sense but willpower is the opposite of fear but fear's not really the opposite of hope. The way I see it hope is the food of life and regret is the excrement. I can kind of see despair as the opposite of hope too.

Hope actually seems like a much more logical opposite to fear than willpower, IMO. They both relate to willpower in some way (and, really, all of the emotions require willpower to some extent.) But when you think about it, in their functions they are opposites. Hope is belief in the good or in a purpose or some form of believing that drives you to action (that's where willpower come in.) While fear is what implants doubt and corrodes ones belief either in themselves or whatever they have faith in and stalls action (its affect on your will is the opposite of hope's.)

hope=good, fear=bad

bad is opposite of good. nuff said
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:31 pm

howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

hope=good, fear=bad

Actually that's a logical fallacy. Having properties that are opposites don't necessarily make two things opposite. Especially when those properties are subjective concepts. Also, I understand you're intentionally oversimplifying (probably because I have tendency to ramble when I'm being didactic) but hope is not necessarily good (for example, some see hope as an end in itself, but without the will to act it's useless.) And fear isn't necessary "bad." In fact in many situations it's the rational response and will keep you from dying.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:35 pm

True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

hope=good, fear=bad

Actually that's a logical fallacy. Having properties that are opposites don't necessarily make two things opposite. Especially when those properties are subjective concepts. Also, I understand you're intentionally oversimplifying (probably because I have tendency to ramble when I'm being didactic) but hope is not necessarily good (for example, some see hope as an end in itself, but without the will to act it's useless.) And fear isn't necessary "bad." In fact in many situations it's the rational response and will keep you from dying.

as true as that is the majority of the time its this simple... hope=good, fear=bad lets just leave it at that
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:38 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

Johns tried to show with rage and love right? Since they're both the furthest from the middle they both have the most control over the wielder, rather than the wielder having total control of the ring.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Yeah, Thomas. What everyone else said...
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Willpower doesn't have an opposite in the spectrum, Its the balance of all emotions. Fear is hopes opposite.

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

I get that part, since I was the one who originally stated that, Im just confused about what you and butt plug are doing.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:37 pm

What's taking the next issue of Supergod so fucking long?
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Thomas wrote:

It's Warren Ellis...
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:48 am

shazam! wrote:
Thomas wrote:

It's Warren Ellis...

And Avatar Press. Together they drag the ass.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 pm

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 129185140794405675
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:41 pm

True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

hope=good, fear=bad

I agree with TB on this. And yes, fear triggers your sympathetic nervous system which is the thing that has a tendency to keep you alive in dangerous situations.

So yeah, TB is pretty much entirely correct.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:54 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

hope=good, fear=bad

I agree with TB on this. And yes, fear triggers your sympathetic nervous system which is the thing that has a tendency to keep you alive in dangerous situations.

Suspect Wait a minute. My master taught me that fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:51 pm

howie024m wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

hope=good, fear=bad

Suspect Wait a minute. My master taught me that fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
A lot of emotions can lead to other emotions. Love can cause anger and hate some cases.

Your definition of fear and TB's might be different. I feel like you're using the word fear as a synonym for ignorance. Which in that case you're right. But being fearful doesn't necessarily mean you have no knowledge of what you're afraid of. Sometimes it can be the opposite. For instance, people who have a serious allergy to peanuts. They're cautious about eating certain things because they know that doing so could end up costing them their life.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
howie024m wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

hope=good, fear=bad

A lot of emotions can lead to other emotions. Love can cause anger and hate some cases.

Your definition of fear and TB's might be different. I feel like you're using the word fear as a synonym for ignorance. Which in that case you're right. But being fearful doesn't necessarily mean you have no knowledge of what you're afraid of. Sometimes it can be the opposite. For instance, people who have a serious allergy to peanuts. They're cautious about eating certain things because they know that doing so could end up costing them their life.

im hoping howies lack of yellow was intentional
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
howie024m wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

hope=good, fear=bad

I don't think the peanut analogy is very good, by that explanation, they aren't really "afraid" of the peanuts, they just know that you know... it'll kill them. Its being smart and thinking rationally.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:24 am

The Pro photo shoot from some time last year found on Jimmy Palmiotti's blog

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 Picture%2B1
IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 Picture%2B3
IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 Picture%2B4
IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 Picture%2B5
IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 Picture%2B8
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:28 pm

Protocide. WTF happened to that guy?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:01 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

I don't know but I wish they'd bring him back, he had a stupid name but he was a pretty cool character.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 am

Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

I don't know but I wish they'd bring him back, he had a stupid name but he was a pretty cool character.
I just grabbed a random issue of Captain America out of my collection and started reading it today. Protocide was in it, He kicks US Agents ass in the issue I was reading.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:55 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

I just grabbed a random issue of Captain America out of my collection and started reading it today. Protocide was in it, He kicks US Agents ass in the issue I was reading.

Pretty sure he fell down a bottomless pit......not even kidding.......
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:56 am

GoZ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Wiki said he faked his death in a collapsing building so he could start a quite life.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:00 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
GoZ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

Wiki said he faked his death in a collapsing building so he could start a quite life.

I vaguely remember him holding onto the edge of a bottomless pit, and Cap trying to save him, but Protocide let's go.....I'd have to check my collection to be sure, though.....
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:56 am

GoZ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
GoZ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

I vaguely remember him holding onto the edge of a bottomless pit, and Cap trying to save him, but Protocide let's go.....I'd have to check my collection to be sure, though.....

which wiki? the marvel wikia says he pretty just hitchhiked off to who knows where n thats the last anyone's seen of him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
GoZ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
GoZ wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

which wiki? the marvel wikia says he pretty just hitchhiked off to who knows where n thats the last anyone's seen of him.

Yeah I remember him walking away at the end of the issue looking like he was giving up and going to be a normal guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition
Page 14 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next