the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic

Go down 
+6
Leachcraft
PeteWisdom
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
LifesTruesin
Thomas
SonOfDisaster
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SonOfDisaster
Youngling
Youngling
SonOfDisaster

Male Age : 35

What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic Empty
PostSubject: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:36 am

Personally ive been a fan of marvel comics for my entire life. (of course when i was younger i was naive and only knew about dc and marvel and hated anything and everything i ever saw by DC) To me they're just a better breed and have alot move to offer. but lately i was turned on to dark horse, especially GHOST. its one of the best series ive ever read. i also just finished the Y the Last Man series and its good as hell too and am starting the walking dead which i finding out is also freaking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:51 am

I think I like DC and Marvel equally. I have been into a lot of independent comics latley though.
Back to top Go down
SonOfDisaster
Youngling
Youngling
SonOfDisaster

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Thomas wrote:
I think I like DC and Marvel equally. I have been into a lot of independent comics latley though.

my biggest beef with dc is that the superheroes are a little harder to believe especially superman. his only weakness is some rock thats hard to find from his home planet. i do like some dc thou like green lantern and batman but thats as far as that goes
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:13 pm

I love most of the stuff that comes out of DC, they seem to be better story tellers to me, with marvel they just seem to focus on the money now a days with all these events (Secret Invasion, Brand New Day, All the Xmen stuff etc) they are trying to hard to get a lot of readers to spend a lot of money at one time, DC the onlythings that are invovled in FC are the titles with Final Crisis in its TITLE! Superman is fighting Braniac, Wally is still figthing aliens I think, batman is all messed up on heroin and crack, GL's are getting ready for the war etc.

I don't read enough Dark Horse or image stuff, though I love what I have read from both of them

and to disaster about your last comment, why are we suppose to belive in charcters of fiction? The idea behind comics is to take us to a fantasy world, not to make us belive in guys in tights flying around and saving people.

Superman is weak against more then just the K as well.
Back to top Go down
SonOfDisaster
Youngling
Youngling
SonOfDisaster

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:42 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:
I love most of the stuff that comes out of DC, they seem to be better story tellers to me, with marvel they just seem to focus on the money now a days with all these events (Secret Invasion, Brand New Day, All the Xmen stuff etc) they are trying to hard to get a lot of readers to spend a lot of money at one time, DC the onlythings that are invovled in FC are the titles with Final Crisis in its TITLE! Superman is fighting Braniac, Wally is still figthing aliens I think, batman is all messed up on heroin and crack, GL's are getting ready for the war etc.

I don't read enough Dark Horse or image stuff, though I love what I have read from both of them

and to disaster about your last comment, why are we suppose to belive in charcters of fiction? The idea behind comics is to take us to a fantasy world, not to make us belive in guys in tights flying around and saving people.

im just the kind of guy to were my fantasy has to have a little bit of belief in it
like spiderman for instance hes bit but a radio active spider i get that and it gave him super powers but hes still human hes still able to die. i just feel like you can relate to marvel characters better thats all
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:53 pm

SonOfDisaster wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:

im just the kind of guy to were my fantasy has to have a little bit of belief in it
like spiderman for instance hes bit but a radio active spider i get that and it gave him super powers but hes still human hes still able to die. i just feel like you can relate to marvel characters better thats all

if you want to go into though, gamma radiation wouldn't go anything like make the hulk, it would do the opposite, and the spider that bit spiderman, due to the amount of radiation it went through, it would have killed him.

just saying, watched this special on comic science.......
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:04 pm

or Sentry's ridiculous power of exploding suns...
Marvel and DC both have the same amount of ridiculous heros if you think about it...
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:10 pm

TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear wrote:
or Sentry's ridiculous power of exploding suns...
Marvel and DC both have the same amount of ridiculous heros if you think about it...

finally I can agree with you on something!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:11 pm

SO you find it harder to believe that theres an alien with basically god like powers, yet looks human... than a nerd guy getting bitten by a radioactive spider and pretty much has all the positive abilities OF A spider?

or that a bunch of people get hit with cosmic radiation and now they have powers that resemble the 4 elements and such.

yes, Marvel is clearly more believabe.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:26 pm

My big dispute with Marvel is this..

Secret Invasion... how many tie ins do we have?

X-Men
Fantastic 4
Inhumans
Young Avengers/Runaways
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers the Initiative
Deadpool
Captain Britian and MI 13
ASM
Thor
Thunderbolts
Guardians of the Galaxy
Nova
She Hulk
X-Factor
New Warriors
random one shots.

Literally EVERY BOOK.

Final Crisis?

Revelations
Rogue's Revenge
Superman Beyond
Superman and the Legion of 3 worlds.
random one shots on a monthly basis.

thats most, I'm probably forgetting some.

So who's trying to cash in the most?
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 1:43 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:
SonOfDisaster wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:

if you want to go into though, gamma radiation wouldn't go anything like make the hulk, it would do the opposite, and the spider that bit spiderman, due to the amount of radiation it went through, it would have killed him.

just saying, watched this special on comic science.......

Marvel's characters were created in the times when everybody was afraid of nuclear bombs being dropped at any minute, of radiation and the unknown and the scary effects it would/could have on us...While the actual technical stuff might not have been accurate (they were comic writers after all, not scientists) the ideas they presented were very real worries at the time...Science/technology going wrong was a very real fear and is very believable, even today...
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 2:12 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

X-Men
Fantastic 4
Inhumans
Young Avengers/Runaways
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers the Initiative
Deadpool
ASM
Thor
Thunderbolts
Guardians of the Galaxy
Nova
She Hulk
X-Factor
New Warriors
random one shots.

Literally EVERY BOOK.

Final Crisis?

Revelations
Rogue's Revenge
Superman Beyond

Who's really trying to cash in the most....A company who's big events are usually 7-8 issues long (monthly) and who's tie ins aren't needed to follow the story, or the company that's major events have 52 issues in them and come out over a 12 month period? Plus, DC's tie ins usually contain major plot elements essential to the overall event, Marvel's tie ins don't...I'm not saying all DC events are weekly or that all tie ins are essential, but they do make you buy a lot more books if you want to follow one of their events compared to Marvel...
Back to top Go down
SonOfDisaster
Youngling
Youngling
SonOfDisaster

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 2:32 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
SO you find it harder to believe that theres an alien with basically god like powers, yet looks human... than a nerd guy getting bitten by a radioactive spider and pretty much has all the positive abilities OF A spider?

or that a bunch of people get hit with cosmic radiation and now they have powers that resemble the 4 elements and such.

AMEN!!!

You To Leachcraft
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 3:39 pm

DC

I like Marvel a lot, but they tend to dissapoint me or piss me off more with their storylines than DC does, but not a lot more

I like a few independents as well, Since all star superman is done my favorite series right now is probably Invincible
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 3:41 pm

SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AMEN!!!

You To Leachcraft

The two Travis' agree with each other.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Thomas wrote:
SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AMEN!!!

You To Leachcraft

Which is one of the signs of the Apocalypse......
Back to top Go down
SonOfDisaster
Youngling
Youngling
SonOfDisaster

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 7:03 pm

GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AMEN!!!

You To Leachcraft

Which is one of the signs of the Apocalypse......

welll awesome i finally did something productive with my life
to bad it helped end the world
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 7:11 pm

I was duped with S.I into thinking it would be better than I thought. with 52 I calculated it like this..........3.99x52=207.52+any amount of tie-ins=not worth my money.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 7:12 pm

I think 52 was 2.99............but still proves my point.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:05 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

wow what a Comparison.
You want to try Sentry vs Superman?
or how about Spiderman vs Flash
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:06 am

SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AMEN!!!

You To Leachcraft

UMMM

I'm not Leachcraft.

AND I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!!!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:11 am

Leachcraft wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

X-Men
Fantastic 4
Inhumans
Young Avengers/Runaways
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers the Initiative
Deadpool
ASM
Thor
Thunderbolts
Guardians of the Galaxy
Nova
She Hulk
X-Factor
New Warriors
random one shots.

Literally EVERY BOOK.

Final Crisis?

Revelations
Rogue's Revenge
Superman Beyond

Who's really trying to cash in the most....A company who's big events are usually 7-8 issues long (monthly) and who's tie ins aren't needed to follow the story, or the company that's major events have 52 issues in them and come out over a 12 month period? Plus, DC's tie ins usually contain major plot elements essential to the overall event, Marvel's tie ins don't...I'm not saying all DC events are weekly or that all tie ins are essential, but they do make you buy a lot more books if you want to follow one of their events compared to Marvel...

Ummmm EXCUSE ME?

Lets compare these last tie ins to events.

Final Crisis has had one essential tie in, and that would probably be Requiem.

Secret Invasion, you pretty much HAVE to read New AND Mighty Avengers to fill in obvious gaps.

If it wasn't for those books, we'd never know what happened to Skrull Cap, or who the hell is Nick Fury's new commandos.

Also we'd have no idea what happened with the Skrull God without Herc tie ins. No one would know who "he" was and why he loves you.

Yes because DC's Trinity isn't self contained.
Back to top Go down
SonOfDisaster
Youngling
Youngling
SonOfDisaster

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:50 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AMEN!!!

You To Leachcraft

UMMM

I'm not Leachcraft.

I know i was saying amen to you and then leachcraft
and o well i guess then you can live your life alone in the woods for your sarcastic statements. i still stand marvel way better than dc
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:56 am

SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AMEN!!!

You To Leachcraft

UMMM

I'm not Leachcraft.

and o well i guess then you can live your life alone in the woods for your sarcastic statements. i still stand marvel way better than dc
What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic FACEPALM-1
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 3:12 pm

SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
SonOfDisaster wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AMEN!!!

You To Leachcraft

UMMM

I'm not Leachcraft.

umm

I mean its cool that you have an opinion and all, thats your thing. But I was just pointing out that from a logical standpoint, the reasons why "Marvel is better than DC" were kinda bullshit.

Thats what the sarcasm was pointing out. Because you said Spidey was more believable, and clearly thats not the case. Now if you said Spidey was more "relatable" than Superman, sure I'll buy that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic   What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic Empty

Back to top Go down

What Your Favorite Comic Distributor and Comic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next