the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition

Go down 
+27
guess_question
markrocks
Leachcraft
Aycock
VashtheStampede
minimalist
Tim Radd
Brian21
bayani
howie024m
shazam!
Shaun
GoZ
TJ
Figga
Tayley
NoLuv4Hoes
CaptainJoel
Shadowrenderer
Liquid Sword
GreatWhiteNinja
True Believer
Thomas
DanElectro
MJ
PeteWisdom
Mr.Wholesome
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:05 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
I just read this over at the Ten Ton Studios Forum. hehe

Frankie P wrote:

Anyone reading the Punisher or Punisher or Frank Castle Punisher? Talk about Continuity problems. They just retold the Kingpin's origin and his first meeting with Bullseye( with the stupid tattoo on his forehead) , which in my opinion is a total piss on the great work from the eighties that Frank Miller did on the Daredevil books. Not to mention that, they killed of the Rose when he was just a kid, so there goes about 5 years worth of Spiderman Continuity and the whole Gang War Saga, which effects characters such as the Hobgoblin and many more. And how are they ever going to play down the "Franken Castle" slap in the face?
Maybe they will use the "magic" card like in the Spidey books... yeah that worked well.
Back to the X-men... it doesn't matter. They already brought back most of the dead mutants... Look at the New Mutants book. Cypher, Warlock, and Magik (lets not forget about her brother Peter's death either) are all kicking and some are even boasting enhanced powers. Since the Scarlet Witch is back in action, is she going to say, "Let there be Mutants again" and poof here comes Jean Grey. Which they have to bring her back or Rachel Summers could not exist nor Cable? And we are still waiting to see how many of Wolverine's children are out there. I mean we have only had two pop up lately, but there is that one in Savage land and lets see how many more they can create. I mean the guy is in twelve books, so he has plenty of time to procreate. I think when he killed Northstar (oh... wait..he isn't dead..again) he must of inherited his powers. I guess that is the only way he can be in all of those X-books and in the New Avengers at one time or maybe he acquired some of mimic's powers or Multiple man's powers. Wait, Multple-man isn't a mutant, but he was and then wasn't and is again? Logan and Sabertooth are not mutants either..they are Lupo(e?)n...or were. But this after Sabertooth's fisrt appearance in Iron fist 14 where he wasn't a mutant, but he became one and became related to Wolverine. But as said earlier, they were never mutants because they were Lupen (pretty loopy if you ask me). Yet cerebo can track them. So did they exist before the first mutant? Which everyone knows is Namor...well everyone under 30. I read Apocalypse was the first mutant and Namor was a hybrid of a human and an Atlantean.
Continuity...Marvel...What?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

It all makes sense to me!

I'm thinking this is a trilogy!

& I'm hanging out for the DC version!!
cheers

most of that is fact trimming n complaining to try to come off as witty, the bullseye w/ the carving in his forehead is in Punisher MAX which isnt even continuity, Namor was originally advertised as the 1st Mutant Superhero and he may not be 100% human mutant but so what half-Atlantean mutants arent allowed on Utopia? Just let that sink in for a sec and the Lupine thing was also never made official it was a goofy as story written by LOEB if i recall correctly so who cares what it says and like i said it was left open ended anyways

OKAY and seriously Wolverine is like what 200 years old? him not having a shit load of kids w/ all the dames n floozies hes ran through over the years is a way more retarded and unrealistic way to handle the character than him having 2 maybe 3 kids srsly i know dudes who beat that number b4 they hit 18 let alone anyone who passes up 180

You stole the words outta my mouth NoLuv.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Seriously? Yer defending Marvel on all that?? So what if the Wolvie lupin thing hasn't been confirmed?!!! It's in a comic!!

im not defending Marvel im not agreeing that the article is any good, i could sound awesome too if i went on a biased rant and left out facts all over the place as well. All kinds of shit happens in comics but until there like "Hey this is the way this is" and make it concrete fact who cares, besides it was a JEPH LOEB COMIC dude can't write worth balls anymore

just sayin if we all decided to bash Marvel or any other comic brand for having a possiblity we thought would be bullshit as fact who can honestly say they'd still enjoy comics?

and besides your biased as hell because u dont read jack shit from Marvel anyways and especially none of the great stuff thats come out over the more recent years
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:58 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Seriously? Yer defending Marvel on all that?? So what if the Wolvie lupin thing hasn't been confirmed?!!! It's in a comic!!

im not defending Marvel im not agreeing that the article is any good, i could sound awesome too if i went on a biased rant and left out facts all over the place as well. All kinds of shit happens in comics but until there like "Hey this is the way this is" and make it concrete fact who cares, besides it was a JEPH LOEB COMIC dude can't write worth balls anymore

just sayin if we all decided to bash Marvel or any other comic brand for having a possiblity we thought would be bullshit as fact who can honestly say they'd still enjoy comics?

and besides your biased as hell because u dont read jack shit from Marvel anyways and especially none of the great stuff thats come out over the more recent years

blah blah

It's not an article it's a guys opinion.

Neither is it a bash per say. Yes it's a rant, but don't we all rant from time 2 time?

Whether somethings been set in concrete continuity wise or not it's still in the comics & therefore open to be interpreted as continuity.

I read Ult. Spidey right til the end. I've actually read a bunch of new Marvel stuff.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:13 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

blah blah

Neither is it a bash per say. Yes it's a rant, but don't we all rant from time 2 time?

Whether somethings been set in concrete continuity wise or not it's still in the comics & therefore open to be interpreted as continuity.

I read Ult. Spidey right til the end. I've actually read a bunch of new Marvel stuff.

Neutral s'all im sayin...
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:16 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

blah blah

Neutral s'all im sayin...

I'm not going to address the shit rant, but...

What's continuity and what's not is usually open to interpretation until it's made clear by an editor, etc. that it is or isn't part of reg continuity.

That's why I hate the idea of having so many titles for the same teams and characters. You get too many cooks in the kitchen and end up with stuff you've gotta eventually throw out. There was so much crap written and DRAWN! in the 90's that we're still all dealing with the repercussions.

However, I think Marvel is really trying hard to hold it together better lately than they did before. E.g., we're seeing some really good results with respect to a cohesive time line and history in the Cosmic Marvel Uni.

Oh! And Ultimate Spidey doesn't count, Aussie Dan! Most comic book writers and artists read at least a handful of Marvel titles irrespective of what company they work for or whether they like Marvel or not. It has everything to do with being a genuine comic book fan. Marvel's got so much talent working for them and such amazing property that to disregard them completely is...well...I'll let NoLuv fill this part in Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:35 am

Why did I not know about this???

Over on Ten Ton I saw this cool article.

Neville Howard wrote:

It's a world Record! My home town, Melbourne got close to 1300 people to dress up as Superheroes (To celebrate DC Comics 75th birthday!) They all gathered around the city's Federation Square to be counted! Check out the article:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/melbourne-record-for-most-people-wearing-superhero-costumes/story-e6frfq80-1225872910803

And the slideshow.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/galleries/gallery-e6frflw0-1225872915626

Thank God for Powergirl's outfit.

Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:

Neville Howard wrote:

It's a world Record! My home town, Melbourne got close to 1300 people to dress up as Superheroes (To celebrate DC Comics 75th birthday!) They all gathered around the city's Federation Square to be counted! Check out the article:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/melbourne-record-for-most-people-wearing-superhero-costumes/story-e6frfq80-1225872910803

And the slideshow.

There was an ad in the back of last Guardians of the Galaxy.....
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:22 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Neville Howard wrote:

And the slideshow.

There was an ad in the back of last Guardians of the Galaxy.....

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 251
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Pretty Sure the Wolverine thing is pretty much "legit"

Yes there's inconsistencies, especially in the Ultimate U... but hey, its that way in all companies.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:04 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Pretty Sure the Wolverine thing is pretty much "legit"

Yes there's inconsistencies, especially in the Ultimate U... but hey, its that way in all companies.
Of course there is. The thread this was posted in was about Marvel continuity so talking about DC wouldn't have made sense.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:31 pm

I was thinking about all the Lantern Corps last night, before I fell asleep, and I realized that there's an emotion missing. Every emotion has an opposite but Hope. Willpower is the opposite of Fear, Love is the opposite of Hate, Compassion is the opposite of Avarice, and Life is the opposite of Death. The way I see it Hope's opposite is Regret and the only color left to use is Brown even though it's not part of the color spectrum.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Thomas wrote:
I was thinking about all the Lantern Corps last night, before I fell asleep, and I realized that there's an emotion missing. Every emotion has an opposite but Hope. Willpower is the opposite of Fear, Love is the opposite of Hate, Compassion is the opposite of Avarice, and Life is the opposite of Death. The way I see it Hope's opposite is Regret and the only color left to use is Brown even though it's not part of the color spectrum.

Could you imagine a "regret" fueled corps though? They'd be worthless. Constantly second guessing themselves and never getting anything done and if they did manage to do something, they'd just regret it anyways.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:20 pm

howie024m wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Could you imagine a "regret" fueled corps though? They'd be worthless. Constantly second guessing themselves and never getting anything done and if they did manage to do something, they'd just regret it anyways.

I would think that the opposite of Hope would be Despair. And that the Universe has plenty of that to go around. No emo.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Willpower doesn't have an opposite in the spectrum, Its the balance of all emotions. Fear is hopes opposite.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:28 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Willpower doesn't have an opposite in the spectrum, Its the balance of all emotions. Fear is hopes opposite.

Good shit, G Dub. This makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:35 pm

True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

And to further prove the point.

ROY G BIV

If you take one from each side starting from the end. You have...

Red and Violet - Hate and Love
Orange and Indigo - Avarice and Compassion
Yellow and Blue - Fear and Hope

Green - Willpower is the one in the middle without an opposite. So yes, Willpower balances the spectrum.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:09 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Green - Willpower is the one in the middle without an opposite. So yes, Willpower balances the spectrum.

Good shit, G Dub. This makes perfect sense.[/
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Hey! I was gonna do that . . . .
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:12 pm

True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:26 pm

True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:40 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

That just means that you've smoked too much or you haven't smoked enough.

Anywho, the colors all represent an emotion, with an equally powerful opposite. However, Willpower isn't really an emotion, it's what's used to balance out all emotion. Pretty sure that's what he means.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Anywho, the colors all represent an emotion, with an equally powerful opposite. However, Willpower isn't really an emotion, it's what's used to balance out all emotion. Pretty sure that's what he means.

Not sure, but I think he was confused by our responses.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:53 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:

ROY G BIV

Very Happy

Oh Wholsey. You scamp.
Im fucking confused

Pretty Much yeah.

All that kind of makes sense but willpower is the opposite of fear but fear's not really the opposite of hope. The way I see it hope is the food of life and regret is the excrement. I can kind of see despair as the opposite of hope too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition   IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

IDKWETPI:Comic Center Edition
Page 13 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next