the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+26
shazam!
Figga
howie024m
Maxyboi2424
LifesTruesin
Leachcraft
Liquid Sword
GreatWhiteNinja
minimalist
bayani
DanElectro
TJ
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
REEF aka Luke Cage
Tayley
Mr.Wholesome
Thomas
Shaun
Hedinnweis
CaptainJoel
GoZ
Shadowrenderer
Tim Radd
PeteWisdom
Gabe_Gray
True Believer
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

News You Can Use - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
From the Image forum

Mark Poulton wrote:
Bloodstrike is back!

News You Can Use - Page 39 Marksposterrevised

Bloodstrike backup story in Image United issue 2. Just like the Haunt backup from issue 1!! AWESOME!!!

Some guys from Youngblood, Bloodstrike, New Men, Brigade, Team Youngblood. Real mixed bag, sounds so cool!

Wait wasn't Bloodstrike Assassin Cabbot?

Wait...someone outside of Dan cares about Image characters(not including Invincible)?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
From the Image forum

Mark Poulton wrote:
Bloodstrike is back!

Bloodstrike backup story in Image United issue 2. Just like the Haunt backup from issue 1!! AWESOME!!!

Some guys from Youngblood, Bloodstrike, New Men, Brigade, Team Youngblood. Real mixed bag, sounds so cool!

Wait...someone outside of Dan cares about Image characters(not including Invincible)?

I still got pretty much everything Image release in the 90's I used to really like them. I wouldn't mind if they made Youngblood, Bloodstike, Brigade, Supreme, and Glory and made them at least as good as they were in the 90's if not better. So far the attempts to relaunch Youngblood haven't been that good. I would love to have the whole Image universe, minus Wildstorm, back together again along with all the new Image stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:02 am

Tim; you know there's a whole Image forum and half the time ppl talk about old school image yeah? Get over it.

Thomas; yeah Cabbot was Bloodstrike Assasin. So clearly something is up…
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 7:27 pm

So, somehow I missed this, but a couple of weeks ago Millar announced what his whole Nemesis project with McNiven is about. You might remember this promo pic?

News You Can Use - Page 39 1259885401

News Article here, but the long and short of it is its a story of a billionaire supervillain pitted against a detective (obvious Batman - Jim Gordon pastiches.)

Sounds awesome and apparently goes on sale in March.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Can't wait to check that one out...I really like McNiven's art, and this sounds wonderfully twisted....
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
From the Image forum

Mark Poulton wrote:
Bloodstrike is back!

I still got pretty much everything Image release in the 90's I used to really like them. I wouldn't mind if they made Youngblood, Bloodstike, Brigade, Supreme, and Glory and made them at least as good as they were in the 90's if not better. So far the attempts to relaunch Youngblood haven't been that good. I would love to have the whole Image universe, minus Wildstorm, back together again along with all the new Image stuff.

I just got done reading Image United #2 and it was little better than the first one but I'm still a little disppointed. I did like the Bloodstrike story but I'm not sure of the two members of the New Men being on the team. I wouldn't mind them bringing the New Men back.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Thomas wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
From the Image forum

Mark Poulton wrote:
Bloodstrike is back!

I just got done reading Image United #2 and it was little better than the first one but I'm still a little disppointed. I did like the Bloodstrike story but I'm not sure of the two members of the New Men being on the team. I wouldn't mind them bringing the New Men back.

HELLO, NEW MEN!

News You Can Use - Page 39 Knight-en
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:05 am

This is not for Fans of Doctor Voodoo

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24299

I'm not that surprised.... is anyone else?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 am

DC is taking legal action.....whatever that leads too....against Mark Millar's next book "Nemisis"

http://www.comicvine.com/news/dc-takes-legal-action-against-mark-millars-nemesis/140121/
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 am

TJ wrote:
DC is taking legal action.....whatever that leads too....against Mark Millar's next book "Nemisis"

http://www.comicvine.com/news/dc-takes-legal-action-against-mark-millars-nemesis/140121/

There wasn't much legal action taken whatsoever.

the actual article from Bleeding Cool discusses what Millar said about the issue.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/01/05/dc-comics-makes-legal-move-over-mark-millars-nemesis
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:44 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
TJ wrote:

There wasn't much legal action taken whatsoever.

the actual article from Bleeding Cool discusses what Millar said about the issue.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/01/05/dc-comics-makes-legal-move-over-mark-millars-nemesis

well...........that solves that.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 am

PeteWisdom wrote:

Okay, I'm not sure I understand. Are they canceling it or was it only planned for five issues? I mean, who cancels a series after five issues? Irredeemable Ant-Man got a longer run than that.

On a totally unrelated note, and mostly inconsequential, as of a few days ago the Marvel/Disney deal is official.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:15 am

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Okay, I'm not sure I understand. Are they canceling it or was it only planned for five issues? I mean, who cancels a series after five issues? Irredeemable Ant-Man got a longer run than that.

On a totally unrelated note, and mostly inconsequential, as of a few days ago the Marvel/Disney deal is official.

hey hey hey iredeemable antman was the shiznit and was unjustly cancelled and im like 99% sure this was meant to just be a miniseries to establish who this guy's supposed to be
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:30 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

hey hey hey iredeemable antman was the shiznit and was unjustly cancelled and im like 99% sure this was meant to just be a miniseries to establish who this guy's supposed to be

I agree, Ant-Man was awesome, I'm just using that as another example of a good series with an untimely cancellation.

And I dunno, man. I'm goin' through my Doctor Voodoo issues and none of them say "1 of 5" or anything to indicate this was originally supposed to be a mini.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:32 am

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

I agree, Ant-Man was awesome, I'm just using that as another example of a good series with an untimely cancellation.

And I dunno, man. I'm goin' through my Doctor Voodoo issues and none of them say "1 of 5" or anything to indicate this was originally supposed to be a mini.

Ant man is gonna get a movie, with the writer for Shaun of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 am

Not sure if this is "News You Can Use" or not, but....yeah.....In the next few months, I'm going to be actively working on a new web comic, written by myself and Scott Williams....as soon as we have something posted up, I will post the link.....
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:53 am

GoZ wrote:
Not sure if this is "News You Can Use" or not, but....yeah.....In the next few months, I'm going to be actively working on a new web comic, written by myself and Scott Williams....as soon as we have something posted up, I will post the link.....

Scott Williams, the guy who inks Jim Lee comics, or just a guy with the same name?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 pm

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it was originally intended to be a mini, I think that it was supposed to be an ongoing and the sells turned out to be less than what Marvel was originally hoping for so they decided to cap it. Sad thing, I was really enjoying the book and the character.

And Ant-Man was awesome, and got canceled because of poor sells, too. It's sad when this kind of thing happens.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:00 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it was originally intended to be a mini, I think that it was supposed to be an ongoing and the sells turned out to be less than what Marvel was originally hoping for so they decided to cap it. Sad thing, I was really enjoying the book and the character.

And Ant-Man was awesome, and got canceled because of poor sells, too. It's sad when this kind of thing happens.

Personally I think the series is ok but not really deserving of a long running series. I really think a guy who's called an Avenger of the Supernatural should actually be on the Avengers so they need to put him on one the teams, like Mighty Avengers.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Personally I think the series is ok but not really deserving of a long running series. I really think a guy who's called an Avenger of the Supernatural should actually be on the Avengers so they need to put him on one the teams, like Mighty Avengers.
Pym would kick his ass of the team.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

But you know the only reason they used that word was to give it the vaguest connection they could find in the hopes that it would boost sales.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:18 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

But you know the only reason they used that word was to give it the vaguest connection they could find in the hopes that it would boost sales.

^this^
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Scott Williams, the guy who inks Jim Lee comics, or just a guy with the same name?

Guy with the same name.......
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:28 pm

News You Can Use - Page 39 ItTimeToSaveTheWorld_02
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:09 pm

DanElectro wrote:
News You Can Use - Page 39 ItTimeToSaveTheWorld_02

1603?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next