the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+26
shazam!
Figga
howie024m
Maxyboi2424
LifesTruesin
Leachcraft
Liquid Sword
GreatWhiteNinja
minimalist
bayani
DanElectro
TJ
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
REEF aka Luke Cage
Tayley
Mr.Wholesome
Thomas
Shaun
Hedinnweis
CaptainJoel
GoZ
Shadowrenderer
Tim Radd
PeteWisdom
Gabe_Gray
True Believer
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

News You Can Use - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:55 am

When I read about Wednesday comics I thought it sounded cool. & it's only 12 weeks instead of 52... much better!
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:49 am

News You Can Use - Page 21 2009_010

Archie Andrews to Propose – But to Betty or Veronica?
After more than 65 years, the longest-running love triangle in history will come to an end with Archie Andrews proposing to one of his childhood sweethearts. Who do you think is the best girl?
By The Staff at wowOwow.com

The most famous love triangle may finally be settled. The wholesome, red-headed teenager Archie Andrews will be popping the question to one of his childhood sweethearts – but who will it be, Betty Cooper or Veronica Lodge?

Since the 1941 beginning of the comic book series, the two women have always been the objects of the Riverdale High School student’s affection. Now, in the 600th comic book issue, titled Archie Gets Married Part 1: The Proposal, publisher Archie Comics reveals that Archie finally pops the question. However, Archie Comic Publications won’t reveal which girl will be the lucky lady. Archie Comics writes on their official blog:

Could it be true? Has Archie finally decided to take the plunge and propose to one of comics’ favorite girls? It sure looks that way! Earlier this year readers got a chance to relive ‘Freshman Year’ with the famous teens of Riverdale High. Now make way for this special story that takes a look at Archie and his friends after they graduate college! What careers will they seek? Will the friends stay in Riverdale or disperse? What would lead Archie to have marriage on his mind? And who would he choose, Veronica or Betty? How will Betty react? How will Veronica react? Can Archie shake off his klutzy past and hold down a steady job … for more than a month? One thing is certain: This will be the biggest Archie Comics story ever!

Archie No. 600 Archie Gets Married Part 1: The Proposal hits newsstands this fall.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:39 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Photobucket
Goodbye Captain Britain

As you may have noticed, there’s no solicitation today for #16 of Captain Britain and MI-13. That, unfortunately, is because #15 is the last issue. A lot of books end without a word from their creative teams, but, with Marvel’s blessing, I didn’t want that to be the case this time. There are, I think, a few things worth saying at this point.

Firstly, and most importantly, I wanted to say a huge thank you to our loyal and enthusiastic fans. People like Mark Roberts (known as The Sword is Drawn), Dave Wallace, John Mosby, the guys at I,Fanboy, and all those others who’ve been so vocal for us on the internet, who have created and run banners in support of the book, and those who just bought the book and enjoyed it... you lot rock.

Secondly, I’ve been honoured to have had my scripts graced throughout the life of this comic not just by the talents of our various stellar fill in artists, and our special guests on the Annual, Marvellous Mike Collins and Awesome Adrian Alphona, but by the regular brilliance of Leonard ‘Captain’ Kirk. He’s been worth his weight in gold, and is one of the reasons I’ve enjoyed this run so much. It’s entirely possible our association isn’t over, and thank goodness for that. Plus, one of the lovely things about this book is watching everyone step up, from colourists like Eager Beaver Brian Reber and Canny Christina Strain to our many talented inkers and letterers. Maybe it’s the effort it takes to make the British visuals work that does it. It’s been a delight to see so many people taking their work so seriously.

And, of course, where would I be without Naughty Nick Lowe and Daniel ‘Danny’ Ketchum? (And back at the start, Nick’s first Assistant Editor, Will Panzo.) Nick was the first editor to take me on at Marvel, and he’s been a continual source of support and inspiration. And deadlines. I know for a fact that we’ll continue to be working together, and thank goodness for that too.

Thirdly, you know that time when the whole internet thought we were cancelled? We genuinely weren’t. The book coming to an end now isn’t a revelation that the rumours then were ‘true all along’. If it had been true then, I’d have told you then. I think that controversy, and the extremely welcome reaction from fans, ended up doing a lot of good.

Lastly, and this is really important, while we didn’t know this would be the last arc until comparatively recently, I had it in mind that it was possible it would be from the time I started plotting it. Indeed, the end of this arc marks the end of what I had planned for the book when I started. One of the images right at the finish is what I always felt I was heading towards, and I’m very pleased I got there. So: you will get a real, thorough, proper, ending, not just of ‘Vampire State’, but of the whole run. It hasn’t been rushed to fit the space, it hasn’t been compromised, it won’t just suddenly cut off: it’s what I intended. I think the Annual and the two remaining issues finish off one of my best stories in any media, and that story is actually the entirety of Captain Britain and MI-13. You’ll see what I mean a bit more next issue. This is a comic with a proper ending.

I’ve enjoyed writing a monthly comic more than almost anything else I’ve done as a writer. I’ve enjoyed collaborating with all these talented people. I’ve particularly enjoyed becoming one of the gang at Marvel. Please don’t desert us as we approach our ending. I see it as the last three episodes of our last season. So tell your friends, see if they want to catch up, and please join us for an ending where, as I think you saw last issue, literally anything can happen.

Thanks again for your support. See you for the Annual on June 3rd. And Cheerio.

http://www.paulcornell.com/2009/05/goodbye-captain-britain.html

I really don't know why they're cancelling this series, it's one of the best marvel has going right now.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:41 am

Thomas wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Photobucket
Goodbye Captain Britain

As you may have noticed, there’s no solicitation today for #16 of Captain Britain and MI-13. That, unfortunately, is because #15 is the last issue. A lot of books end without a word from their creative teams, but, with Marvel’s blessing, I didn’t want that to be the case this time. There are, I think, a few things worth saying at this point.

Firstly, and most importantly, I wanted to say a huge thank you to our loyal and enthusiastic fans. People like Mark Roberts (known as The Sword is Drawn), Dave Wallace, John Mosby, the guys at I,Fanboy, and all those others who’ve been so vocal for us on the internet, who have created and run banners in support of the book, and those who just bought the book and enjoyed it... you lot rock.

Secondly, I’ve been honoured to have had my scripts graced throughout the life of this comic not just by the talents of our various stellar fill in artists, and our special guests on the Annual, Marvellous Mike Collins and Awesome Adrian Alphona, but by the regular brilliance of Leonard ‘Captain’ Kirk. He’s been worth his weight in gold, and is one of the reasons I’ve enjoyed this run so much. It’s entirely possible our association isn’t over, and thank goodness for that. Plus, one of the lovely things about this book is watching everyone step up, from colourists like Eager Beaver Brian Reber and Canny Christina Strain to our many talented inkers and letterers. Maybe it’s the effort it takes to make the British visuals work that does it. It’s been a delight to see so many people taking their work so seriously.

And, of course, where would I be without Naughty Nick Lowe and Daniel ‘Danny’ Ketchum? (And back at the start, Nick’s first Assistant Editor, Will Panzo.) Nick was the first editor to take me on at Marvel, and he’s been a continual source of support and inspiration. And deadlines. I know for a fact that we’ll continue to be working together, and thank goodness for that too.

Thirdly, you know that time when the whole internet thought we were cancelled? We genuinely weren’t. The book coming to an end now isn’t a revelation that the rumours then were ‘true all along’. If it had been true then, I’d have told you then. I think that controversy, and the extremely welcome reaction from fans, ended up doing a lot of good.

Lastly, and this is really important, while we didn’t know this would be the last arc until comparatively recently, I had it in mind that it was possible it would be from the time I started plotting it. Indeed, the end of this arc marks the end of what I had planned for the book when I started. One of the images right at the finish is what I always felt I was heading towards, and I’m very pleased I got there. So: you will get a real, thorough, proper, ending, not just of ‘Vampire State’, but of the whole run. It hasn’t been rushed to fit the space, it hasn’t been compromised, it won’t just suddenly cut off: it’s what I intended. I think the Annual and the two remaining issues finish off one of my best stories in any media, and that story is actually the entirety of Captain Britain and MI-13. You’ll see what I mean a bit more next issue. This is a comic with a proper ending.

I’ve enjoyed writing a monthly comic more than almost anything else I’ve done as a writer. I’ve enjoyed collaborating with all these talented people. I’ve particularly enjoyed becoming one of the gang at Marvel. Please don’t desert us as we approach our ending. I see it as the last three episodes of our last season. So tell your friends, see if they want to catch up, and please join us for an ending where, as I think you saw last issue, literally anything can happen.

Thanks again for your support. See you for the Annual on June 3rd. And Cheerio.

http://www.paulcornell.com/2009/05/goodbye-captain-britain.html

I really don't know why they're cancelling this series, it's one of the best marvel has going right now.

Sad news indeed. Sad
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:06 am

Figga wrote:

After more than 65 years, the longest-running love triangle in history will come to an end with Archie Andrews proposing to one of his childhood sweethearts. Who do you think is the best girl?

The most famous love triangle may finally be settled. The wholesome, red-headed teenager Archie Andrews will be popping the question to one of his childhood sweethearts – but who will it be, Betty Cooper or Veronica Lodge?

Since the 1941 beginning of the comic book series, the two women have always been the objects of the Riverdale High School student’s affection. Now, in the 600th comic book issue, titled Archie Gets Married Part 1: The Proposal, publisher Archie Comics reveals that Archie finally pops the question. However, Archie Comic Publications won’t reveal which girl will be the lucky lady. Archie Comics writes on their official blog:

Could it be true? Has Archie finally decided to take the plunge and propose to one of comics’ favorite girls? It sure looks that way! Earlier this year readers got a chance to relive ‘Freshman Year’ with the famous teens of Riverdale High. Now make way for this special story that takes a look at Archie and his friends after they graduate college! What careers will they seek? Will the friends stay in Riverdale or disperse? What would lead Archie to have marriage on his mind? And who would he choose, Veronica or Betty? How will Betty react? How will Veronica react? Can Archie shake off his klutzy past and hold down a steady job … for more than a month? One thing is certain: This will be the biggest Archie Comics story ever!

Archie No. 600 Archie Gets Married Part 1: The Proposal hits newsstands this fall.

Damnit, even Archie isn't immune to dumb stunts?

Marry, Betty, Arch! Veronica's hotter, but Betty's wifey material. Just do Veronica on the side.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:11 am

True Believer wrote:
Figga wrote:

Damnit, even Archie isn't immune to dumb stunts?

Marry, Betty, Arch! Veronica's hotter, but Betty's wifey material. Just do Veronica on the side.

Move to Utah marry them both.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:26 pm

News You Can Use - Page 21 57_luke_cage_noir_1

LUKE CAGE NOIR #1 (of 4)
Written by MIKE BENSON & ADAM GLASS
Penciled by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
Variant Cover by DENNIS CALERO
“MOON OVER HARLEM,” PART 1
A lot can change in ten years. And rarely for the better. Local legend, Luke Cage, invincible, unstoppable, unflappable, finds that out the hard way when he returns to the mean streets of Prohibition-era Harlem after a ten-year stretch in Riker’s Island. All he wants is to be back in the loving arms of his woman, but certain powerful men have different plans for Cage. Willis Stryker, Cage’s childhood friend turned Godfather of Harlem, wants him on his crew, and under his thumb. And wealthy white socialite Randall Banticoff, whose wife is now very dead, murdered in a Harlem alley, wants Cage to investigate her death. Cage is about to learn that coming home is never easy, and to survive he might just have to kill a whole lot of people.
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:

LUKE CAGE NOIR #1 (of 4)
Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
A lot can change in ten years. And rarely for the better. Local legend, Luke Cage, invincible, unstoppable, unflappable, finds that out the hard way when he returns to the mean streets of Prohibition-era Harlem after a ten-year stretch in Riker’s Island. All he wants is to be back in the loving arms of his woman, but certain powerful men have different plans for Cage. Willis Stryker, Cage’s childhood friend turned Godfather of Harlem, wants him on his crew, and under his thumb. And wealthy white socialite Randall Banticoff, whose wife is now very dead, murdered in a Harlem alley, wants Cage to investigate her death. Cage is about to learn that coming home is never easy, and to survive he might just have to kill a whole lot of people.

my life is now complete.....

oh and on a sidebar i would like to note that LC is by no means "unstoppable", he has had his ass handed to him by retarded Fishmen, evil Mountain Climbers, 400 lb black women, hairy construction workers, racist Arsonists and the like, most of which didnt even have powers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:01 pm

REEF aka Luke Cage wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

LUKE CAGE NOIR #1 (of 4)
Cover by TIM BRADSTREET

my life is now complete.....

oh and on a sidebar i would like to note that LC is by no means "unstoppable", he has had his ass handed to him by retarded Fishmen, evil Mountain Climbers, 400 lb black women, hairy construction workers, racist Arsonists and the like, most of which didnt even have powers Laughing

The Noir comics are like elseworlds tales. He might not even have been through the same stuff in this universe.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:

LUKE CAGE NOIR #1 (of 4)
Cover by TIM BRADSTREET

Marvel just keeps trying.

Facepalm 2
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:12 pm

shazam! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

LUKE CAGE NOIR #1 (of 4)
Cover by TIM BRADSTREET

Marvel just keeps trying.

Facepalm 2

Well, it's like the old saying goes...."If at first you don't suceed...You're probably Luke Cage..."
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:32 pm

News on Captain America: Reborn
By Ben Morse

Over two years ago, Steve Rogers died; this summer, he will be REBORN.

Beginning on July 1, writer Ed Brubaker and artist Bryan Hitch present CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN, a history-making limited series spinning out of CAPTAIN AMERICA #600, on sale now, and centered on the return of Steve Rogers, the original Captain America, to the Marvel Universe. For Brubaker, it represents a pivotal turning point in a saga he has been building for over five years.

"REBORN is the next chapter in the larger story that I've been building in [CAPTAIN AMERICA] since issue #1," explains the writer, who launched this current volume in 2004. "This is a chance to really explore how things have changed in the years since Steve's death and really delve deep into who Steve Rogers is and why he became Captain America. It's a really a [story] with two or three different plotlines that all intertwine, which is a lot of fun and allows us to have [both] in-your-face action and quiet character moments."

"We've been planning the story of Cap's return virtually from the moment that he died," reiterates editor Tom Brevoort. "[As] the story developed and we embraced the
concept of Bucky as the new Cap, events elongated naturally, [but] you'll be able to look back into [CAPTAIN AMERICA #25] and the issues that followed and see the assorted seeds we planted once we reveals what's been going on in REBORN."

Speaking of Bucky Barnes, what does CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN hold in store for Rogers' one-time sidekick, who shook off years of hardships as the mind-controlled assassin the Winter Soldier in order to become the new Captain America? And does the Marvel U have room for two Sentinels of Liberty?

"[Bucky] has spent a year of his life trying to live up to Steve Rogers' legacy as Captain America, and while he definitely does things his own way, he's been changed by this experience," notes Brubaker. "He's been on a path of redemption for all the things he did as the Winter Soldier did, and now he's got a huge task ahead of him: to try to save Steve."

"While Bucky's been finding his way as Captain America, it was never a mantle he wanted to assume," adds Brevoort. "But whether he realizes it or not, being Captain America has been good for [him]. It's brought him into new circles of friends and allowed him to put some demons from his past to rest. If he's no longer going to be carrying Steve's torch, then a very real problem for Bucky becomes facing the question of where he fits in this modern world.

"[But that all] assumes Steve will come back hale and hearty and fit for duty, both physically and emotionally, and that may not be the case. All during these months, while the world thought him dead, Steve's been on a metaphysical journey of his own, and the experiences he's lived through during that time are going to have a profound effect on his state of mind."

But before those questions can be answered, Steve Rogers must be found and rescued—if that's even possible. Fortunately for Bucky, he won't be alone in his efforts.

"REBORN is a story that spans the Marvel Universe," promises Brevoort. "We'll see the usual cast of CAPTAIN AMERICA regulars, [including] the Black Widow, Sharon Carter [and] the Falcon, as well as the Vision, Hank Pym, Reed Richards and the Avengers. On the other side of the coin, we'll be dealing with not only the Red Skull, but Norman Osborn, Doctor Doom and a few other surprises as well."

"The Skull has been off the table and hidden away since all his plans went up in smoke in [CAPTAIN AMERICA #42]," says Brubaker of the man who masterminded Steve Rogers' demise. "He's been trapped in a robotic body and really going a bit crazy, even more than usual, so he's not in control of anything. In REBORN we'll see him trying to scramble to get a new plan into place and deal with people like Doom and Osborn—it's a whole new playing field for the old bastard this time."

During his tenure on CAPTAIN AMERICA, Brubaker has been fortunate to collaborate with some of the industry's best artists, including Steve Epting, Mike Perkins, Butch Guice, Luke Ross and others. For REBORN, Bryan Hitch, the acclaimed draftsmen behind classic works like THE ULTIMATES steps up to the plate, with Guice joining him on inks.

"When the [death of Captain America] first happened, I e-mailed [Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada] and told him that if the regular guys weren't going to do it, I'd love to do the return story," Hitch recalls. "Joey told me to shut up and draw [FANTASTIC FOUR], so I did, and then out of nowhere came REBORN.

"I did spend many years drawing Cap in ULTIMATES and the mega-talented Butch Guice has my back, forever erasing ears and drawing wings," the artist continues. "Ed is great. His scripts give me all the information I could need a give me tons of room to play."

"Bryan brings an incredibly expansive approach to storytelling and a keen eye for detail," says Brubaker, reflecting the compliments back his collaborator's way. "You write an action scene for Hitch and you get back an opera of violence and choreography. And seeing him inked by Butch Guice is like a dream team. These guys look so great together."

CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN launches with lofty expectations, as the death of Steve Rogers garnered both critical acclaim and unprecedented media coverage, but those involved with the series feel up to the challenge and have confidence in the story they're telling.

"We got very fortunate in that the death of Cap garnered so much mainstream media attention and affected so many people," reflects Brevoort. "I think [that was] both because of what Captain America symbolizes even to people who haven't been following his adventures month after month, and that it happened just as there was a shift in the overall tenor of the nation. Cap's death came to be seen as indicative of some larger truths about the state of [America]. The death of Cap seemed to symbolize the death of hope.

"In terms of bringing Steve back, that too seems to reflect today's feeling of positivity [and] a world in which we want to believe in heroes again, that good men can triumph and that we can be our own better selves."
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Figga wrote:
By Ben Morse

Beginning on July 1, writer Ed Brubaker and artist Bryan Hitch present CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN, a history-making limited series spinning out of CAPTAIN AMERICA #600, on sale now, and centered on the return of Steve Rogers, the original Captain America, to the Marvel Universe. For Brubaker, it represents a pivotal turning point in a saga he has been building for over five years.

"REBORN is the next chapter in the larger story that I've been building in [CAPTAIN AMERICA] since issue #1," explains the writer, who launched this current volume in 2004. "This is a chance to really explore how things have changed in the years since Steve's death and really delve deep into who Steve Rogers is and why he became Captain America. It's a really a [story] with two or three different plotlines that all intertwine, which is a lot of fun and allows us to have [both] in-your-face action and quiet character moments."

"We've been planning the story of Cap's return virtually from the moment that he died," reiterates editor Tom Brevoort. "[As] the story developed and we embraced the
concept of Bucky as the new Cap, events elongated naturally, [but] you'll be able to look back into [CAPTAIN AMERICA #25] and the issues that followed and see the assorted seeds we planted once we reveals what's been going on in REBORN."

Speaking of Bucky Barnes, what does CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN hold in store for Rogers' one-time sidekick, who shook off years of hardships as the mind-controlled assassin the Winter Soldier in order to become the new Captain America? And does the Marvel U have room for two Sentinels of Liberty?

"[Bucky] has spent a year of his life trying to live up to Steve Rogers' legacy as Captain America, and while he definitely does things his own way, he's been changed by this experience," notes Brubaker. "He's been on a path of redemption for all the things he did as the Winter Soldier did, and now he's got a huge task ahead of him: to try to save Steve."

"While Bucky's been finding his way as Captain America, it was never a mantle he wanted to assume," adds Brevoort. "But whether he realizes it or not, being Captain America has been good for [him]. It's brought him into new circles of friends and allowed him to put some demons from his past to rest. If he's no longer going to be carrying Steve's torch, then a very real problem for Bucky becomes facing the question of where he fits in this modern world.

"[But that all] assumes Steve will come back hale and hearty and fit for duty, both physically and emotionally, and that may not be the case. All during these months, while the world thought him dead, Steve's been on a metaphysical journey of his own, and the experiences he's lived through during that time are going to have a profound effect on his state of mind."

But before those questions can be answered, Steve Rogers must be found and rescued—if that's even possible. Fortunately for Bucky, he won't be alone in his efforts.

"REBORN is a story that spans the Marvel Universe," promises Brevoort. "We'll see the usual cast of CAPTAIN AMERICA regulars, [including] the Black Widow, Sharon Carter [and] the Falcon, as well as the Vision, Hank Pym, Reed Richards and the Avengers. On the other side of the coin, we'll be dealing with not only the Red Skull, but Norman Osborn, Doctor Doom and a few other surprises as well."

"The Skull has been off the table and hidden away since all his plans went up in smoke in [CAPTAIN AMERICA #42]," says Brubaker of the man who masterminded Steve Rogers' demise. "He's been trapped in a robotic body and really going a bit crazy, even more than usual, so he's not in control of anything. In REBORN we'll see him trying to scramble to get a new plan into place and deal with people like Doom and Osborn—it's a whole new playing field for the old bastard this time."

During his tenure on CAPTAIN AMERICA, Brubaker has been fortunate to collaborate with some of the industry's best artists, including Steve Epting, Mike Perkins, Butch Guice, Luke Ross and others. For REBORN, Bryan Hitch, the acclaimed draftsmen behind classic works like THE ULTIMATES steps up to the plate, with Guice joining him on inks.

"When the [death of Captain America] first happened, I e-mailed [Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada] and told him that if the regular guys weren't going to do it, I'd love to do the return story," Hitch recalls. "Joey told me to shut up and draw [FANTASTIC FOUR], so I did, and then out of nowhere came REBORN.

"I did spend many years drawing Cap in ULTIMATES and the mega-talented Butch Guice has my back, forever erasing ears and drawing wings," the artist continues. "Ed is great. His scripts give me all the information I could need a give me tons of room to play."

"Bryan brings an incredibly expansive approach to storytelling and a keen eye for detail," says Brubaker, reflecting the compliments back his collaborator's way. "You write an action scene for Hitch and you get back an opera of violence and choreography. And seeing him inked by Butch Guice is like a dream team. These guys look so great together."

CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN launches with lofty expectations, as the death of Steve Rogers garnered both critical acclaim and unprecedented media coverage, but those involved with the series feel up to the challenge and have confidence in the story they're telling.

"We got very fortunate in that the death of Cap garnered so much mainstream media attention and affected so many people," reflects Brevoort. "I think [that was] both because of what Captain America symbolizes even to people who haven't been following his adventures month after month, and that it happened just as there was a shift in the overall tenor of the nation. Cap's death came to be seen as indicative of some larger truths about the state of [America]. The death of Cap seemed to symbolize the death of hope.

"In terms of bringing Steve back, that too seems to reflect today's feeling of positivity [and] a world in which we want to believe in heroes again, that good men can triumph and that we can be our own better selves."

clap DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

News You Can Use - Page 21 2802ro8
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:55 pm

I can't wait Cap's coming back. Too bad the 4th of July couldn't have been a wednesday this year.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Figga wrote:
By Ben Morse

This is especially good news given what's going on the FF book right now...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:11 pm

Figga wrote:
Figga wrote:
By Ben Morse

Spoiler:

Shocked Doom defeated?!? bahhhh.......never

its merely an elaborate scheme to make his ememies just think his ass is being handled, that way the FF are more vulnerable and unaware when Doom decides to spring his final end game

trust me, he's been working on it for decades
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:38 am

Figga wrote:
Figga wrote:
By Ben Morse

Spoiler:

Shocked Doom defeated?!? bahhhh.......never

its merely an elaborate scheme to make his ememies just think his ass is being handled, that way the FF are more vulnerable and unaware when Doom decides to spring his final end game

trust me, he's been working on it for decades

You're not wrong. It'd be a sad day in all of comicdoom if Doom died.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:16 pm

What happened to Marvel getting the news out about this major Cap event? I read a few weeks back that it would be all over the media. I haven't seen a thing anywhere except Marvel's site and Newsarama! That's not good for Marvel because they were really relying on the sales of this issue and some new media attention since the Obama/Spidey book.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:45 am

I think I know why they're bringing Cap back now. They're going to use him to bring an end to the Dark Reign. If there's any hero that people would believe about Osborn and start to question him it would be Cap. Especially with the left over martyr status he'll have right after he comes back from the dead. Just look at the reaction people had when they thought the Skrull Captain Mar-Vell was the real one back from the dead and he wasn't even anywhere near as well known or beloved a hero as Captain America.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:21 am

Thomas wrote:
I think I know why they're bringing Cap back now. They're going to use him to bring an end to the Dark Reign. If there's any hero that people would believe about Osborn and start to question him it would be Cap. Especially with the left over martyr status he'll have right after he comes back from the dead. Just look at the reaction people had when they thought the Skrull Captain Mar-Vell was the real one back from the dead and he wasn't even anywhere near as well known or beloved a hero as Captain America.

You're a friggin genius!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:39 am

If he actually does come back it will only be temporary. I can't see them just making Bucky take off the cowl. And I definitely don't see them running with two Captain Americas from that point on.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:27 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
If he actually does come back it will only be temporary. I can't see them just making Bucky take off the cowl. And I definitely don't see them running with two Captain Americas from that point on.

Do you really think that they would choose to keep Bucky as Cap after they bring Steve back? They've done what they intended Bucky has gone up a coolness level from when he was Winter Soldier, and that was pretty cool. He doesn't need to be Cap all they need to do is remove the cowl and give him his domino mask back and the rest of the costume he could keep, they could get him his own shield. Hell if U.S. Agent can still be running around as a pseudo-Cap then Bucky sure as hell can too.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:53 am

Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

Do you really think that they would choose to keep Bucky as Cap after they bring Steve back? They've done what they intended Bucky has gone up a coolness level from when he was Winter Soldier, and that was pretty cool. He doesn't need to be Cap all they need to do is remove the cowl and give him his domino mask back and the rest of the costume he could keep, they could get him his own shield. Hell if U.S. Agent can still be running around as a pseudo-Cap then Bucky sure as hell can too.

A domino mask with that suit would look stupid.And it's naive to think they're going to bring Steve Rogers back without a catch of some kind.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:30 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

A domino mask with that suit would look stupid.And it's naive to think they're going to bring Steve Rogers back without a catch of some kind.

And it's naive to think they're going to bring Steve back and then kill him again a few months later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next