the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you read it?

Go down 
+17
Shaun
Figga
bayani
CaptainJoel
Sink
shazam!
TJ
NoLuv4Hoes
Shadowrenderer
DanElectro
Tim Radd
GoZ
Thomas
True Believer
Liquid Sword
Aycock
markrocks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

Did you read it? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:55 am

Brian21 wrote:
TJ wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Okay, Kick Ass 2 is out? I would've liked to know that!

I bought the first issue and checked back for 3 months looking for issue 2. That was a year ago. I stopped trying. Got up to 4 huh? Not liking the comments about it but I think I will go try and pick 'em up today and see for myself how bad it is.

It's not all terrible. The three earlier issues were good as far as I'm concerned. I just particularly hated this most recent issue and the direction they're taking it. The issue just made me feel disgusted and I'm starting to care significantly less and less about all of these irredeemable and unlikeable characters. In my opinion, issue 4 felt like Millar was sick of all this Kick-Ass stuff, and wanted to make it as gruesome and stupid as he possibly could so that they'd just cancel the book or something. The brutality in the issue just seemed really forced like they keep trying to outdo themselves each issue. That's just my perspective anyway, maybe I'm just too old fashioned or something.

Don't forget this is all building up to that flash forward "brawl" we all saw in Central Park. So, I think Millar wants it get more and more brutal with each issue leading into a final climax. Also, very curious to see the outcome of the Hit Girl vs Mother Russia.

I guess that makes sense, it just seems like it's becoming too much about the violence though. Which is fine for the people who like an excessive amount of that in their books, but I guess using an innocent teenage girl being gangraped by asshole halfwit villains (who aren't much more likeable than the heroes) solely as a plot device is a little much for me.

Yeah, I cringed there too. But I guess this is just gonna be tossed into the pile of horrible shit happening to women in comics when that debate gets brought up.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:21 pm

TJ wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
TJ wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Okay, Kick Ass 2 is out? I would've liked to know that!

I bought the first issue and checked back for 3 months looking for issue 2. That was a year ago. I stopped trying. Got up to 4 huh? Not liking the comments about it but I think I will go try and pick 'em up today and see for myself how bad it is.

It's not all terrible. The three earlier issues were good as far as I'm concerned. I just particularly hated this most recent issue and the direction they're taking it. The issue just made me feel disgusted and I'm starting to care significantly less and less about all of these irredeemable and unlikeable characters. In my opinion, issue 4 felt like Millar was sick of all this Kick-Ass stuff, and wanted to make it as gruesome and stupid as he possibly could so that they'd just cancel the book or something. The brutality in the issue just seemed really forced like they keep trying to outdo themselves each issue. That's just my perspective anyway, maybe I'm just too old fashioned or something.

Don't forget this is all building up to that flash forward "brawl" we all saw in Central Park. So, I think Millar wants it get more and more brutal with each issue leading into a final climax. Also, very curious to see the outcome of the Hit Girl vs Mother Russia.

I guess that makes sense, it just seems like it's becoming too much about the violence though. Which is fine for the people who like an excessive amount of that in their books, but I guess using an innocent teenage girl being gangraped by asshole halfwit villains (who aren't much more likeable than the heroes) solely as a plot device is a little much for me.

Yeah, I cringed there too. But I guess this is just gonna be tossed into the pile of horrible shit happening to women in comics when that debate gets brought up.

Good point. It probably shouldn't surprise me by the point. haha.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:21 am

https://comics.comixology.com/#/issue/15163/Power-Play-1

Go read Powerplay #1. Only 99cents this week & a great read.

Did you read it? - Page 4 Tumblr_lm4gevIAAn1qjzk4zo2_500
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Uncanny X-Force?

Oh my god, Dark Angel Saga has been nothing short of brilliant. I haven't been so excited since Morrison Batman and Robin/Batman Inc and Captain America Winter Soldier.

This I would say is hands down the best book on the market out.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:09 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Uncanny X-Force?

Oh my god, Dark Angel Saga has been nothing short of brilliant. I haven't been so excited since Morrison Batman and Robin/Batman Inc and Captain America Winter Soldier.

This again.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:13 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Uncanny X-Force?

This again.

Spoiler:

I love the book but it bugs me that they don't have more members. Why does Betsy have a whole nother team with members that should be on X-force again, like Warpath and Domino? The rest of her team members on that team are on other teams already it seems redundant and with Warren probably not going to be on the team after this arc they need even more members. I really wish AOA Sabretooth would stick around in the 616 universe and join the team too.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Uncanny X-Force?

This again.

Spoiler:

I love the book but it bugs me that they don't have more members. Why does Betsy have a whole nother team with members that should be on X-force again, like Warpath and Domino? The rest of her team members on that team are on other teams already it seems redundant and with Warren probably not going to be on the team after this arc they need even more members. I really wish AOA Sabretooth would stick around in the 616 universe and join the team too.

Don't bitch about perfection. Do they need more members? No they do not. Warpath found peace after Necrosha, so he's not doing much of anything except a few cameos here and there, also probably doesn't feel the need to be on the "kill squad" anymore either. Domino is out doing stuff but they had Fantomex and Deadpool replace those 2 anyways. And are you forgetting... we're getting fucking AoA Nightcrawler on the team. He's all you need.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:42 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Uncanny X-Force?

This again.

Spoiler:

Don't bitch about perfection. Do they need more members? No they do not. Warpath found peace after Necrosha, so he's not doing much of anything except a few cameos here and there, also probably doesn't feel the need to be on the "kill squad" anymore either. Domino is out doing stuff but they had Fantomex and Deadpool replace those 2 anyways. And are you forgetting... we're getting fucking AoA Nightcrawler on the team. He's all you need.

I've always felt a team should be at least six members, eight preferablely. It's why I've always had mixed feelings about the Fantastic Four they kind of shot themselves in the foot with their name. That's why I've loved FF having Doom on the team and all the kids has made it a lot more interesting for me.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:30 am

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Uncanny X-Force?

This again.

Spoiler:

I've always felt a team should be at least six members, eight preferablely. It's why I've always had mixed feelings about the Fantastic Four they kind of shot themselves in the foot with their name. That's why I've loved FF having Doom on the team and all the kids has made it a lot more interesting for me.

I disagree, sometimes when you add too many characters it affects the dynamic and some get neglected in the process. It doesn't matter if its 3 or 15. What matters is the balance and the team dynamic and interactions.

That is why Uncanny is perfect. Wolverine, Warren, Psylocke, Fantomex, Deadpool and sometimes Dethlok. That is your 6. They are all perfectly written and the characterization is spot on. Hell Deadpool isn't over the top or annoying and he's clearly the best he's been written in forever.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 am

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT....Did Tommy use the phrase "Whole 'nother"?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Did anybody else read Carnage USA? It was ok but when I got to the last page then I got really excited.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:14 am

Thomas wrote:
Did anybody else read Carnage USA? It was ok but when I got to the last page then I got really excited.

Spoiler:

And why is that a reason to get excited?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 am

GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:59 am

Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've never liked the symbiote knock-offs, with the exception of Carnage....Too much of a "good" thing, and all that....
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:24 am

GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've never liked the symbiote knock-offs, with the exception of Carnage....Too much of a "good" thing, and all that....

I thought Venom went around collecting all the "bits" way back in the 90's... How are they still around now???
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:57 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I thought Venom went around collecting all the "bits" way back in the 90's... How are they still around now???

Well, Toxin came out after that story. Other stuff happened since the 90s.

Anyone else remember that Avengers story from a few years back when Venom symbiotes took over New York briefly? That wasn't satisfyingly resolved at all, was it?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 am

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, Toxin came out after that story. Other stuff happened since the 90s.

Anyone else remember that Avengers story from a few years back when Venom symbiotes took over New York briefly? That wasn't satisfyingly resolved at all, was it?

Even worse, it got swept under the Secret Invasion rug...
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Anyone read "The Strange Talent of Luther Strode"
It's only 3 issues in (of 6) but the art if dope. reminds me of Ryan Ottely
Whole premise is that this teen buys one of those dumb Atlas Training guides they used to put in comic books and gets fucking ripped and super-human strength from reading it.

Did you read it? - Page 4 IMG110798
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Whole premise is that this teen buys one of those dumb Atlas Training guides they used to put in comic books and gets fucking ripped and super-human strength from reading it.

high five

I'm about to read issue #3.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:01 am

Figga wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

high five

It looks cool, and I like the concept.....
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:22 am

GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

high five

It looks cool, and I like the concept.....

I've got some time. I'll post the issues on the ARA.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:45 am

SWEET! I'd love to check it out.....
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 am

Invincible 87

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Uncanny X-Force 20. I like this story even more than the Age of Pooky one.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:59 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

Invincible 87

Spoiler:

i was definitely like AWWWW SNAP SON DIS SHIT JUST GOT REAL Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you read it?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next