the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you read it?

Go down 
+17
Shaun
Figga
bayani
CaptainJoel
Sink
shazam!
TJ
NoLuv4Hoes
Shadowrenderer
DanElectro
Tim Radd
GoZ
Thomas
True Believer
Liquid Sword
Aycock
markrocks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

Did you read it? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:07 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Fraction's Iron Man, is my favorite solo hero book at Marvel right now.
I missed some issues of Thor so I'm kinda confused about what exactly is happening, lol.

I wish more crazy, uber powerful shit was happening in that book tho.

hell if it wasn't for Fraction I wouldnt even read Iron Man, he's definitely made the character great again after him being written so unlikable for so long. Fraction's X-Men run is pretty outstanding as well
j

I kinda liked that he was unlikeable for awhile. It did get out of hand tho.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:57 pm

GoZ wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
I missed some issues of Thor so I'm kinda confused about what exactly is happening, lol.

hell if it wasn't for Fraction I wouldnt even read Iron Man, he's definitely made the character great again after him being written so unlikable for so long. Fraction's X-Men run is pretty outstanding as well

The great thing about Fraction, other than I think he's a good writer, is that he's the modern day "dream come true".......He was just a fan, that posted on internet comic forums, and now the ideas he posted are seeing fruition....

This is becoming more and more frequent now a days, especially with an increase of creator owned comics. It's good that these companies are giving us a chance to write what we see.

I also think it's kool that he uses his "screen name" as a writer.....

Laughing that is awesome, i wonder if i could get by as Kenneth NoLuv of o even went pro writing Laughing
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:24 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
GoZ wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

The great thing about Fraction, other than I think he's a good writer, is that he's the modern day "dream come true".......He was just a fan, that posted on internet comic forums, and now the ideas he posted are seeing fruition....

This is becoming more and more frequent now a days, especially with an increase of creator owned comics. It's good that these companies are giving us a chance to write what we see.

I also think it's kool that he uses his "screen name" as a writer.....

Laughing that is awesome, i wonder if i could get by as Kenneth NoLuv if i even went pro writing Laughing

fixed!

fuckin connection went out on me and i couldnt edit this in time lol also the irony of what sentence i filled w/ typos isnt lost on me STFU....yeah...thats what i thought....bitch...
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Axe-Cop.

Written by a 6 year old and drawn by his 30 year old brother. It's fucking hilarious!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Figga wrote:
Axe-Cop.

Written by a 6 year old and drawn by his 30 year old brother. It's fucking hilarious!

Did you read it? - Page 3 625718 Did you read it? - Page 3 625718 Did you read it? - Page 3 625718 Did you read it? - Page 3 625718 Did you read it? - Page 3 625718

agreed Figgster
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Shaun wrote:
Figga wrote:
Axe-Cop.

Did you read it? - Page 3 625718 Did you read it? - Page 3 625718 Did you read it? - Page 3 625718 Did you read it? - Page 3 625718 Did you read it? - Page 3 625718

agreed Figgster

I made a thread about it sometime last year.
Told yall it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:13 am

FF#6
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:59 pm

bayani wrote:
FF#6
Spoiler:

It's because of the events in Flashpoint. The Flash

Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
bayani wrote:
FF#6
Spoiler:

It's because of the events in Flashpoint. The Flash

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Did you read it? - Page 3 1301330017

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Figga wrote:

Spoiler:
Laughing Laughing Laughing i was waitin for someone to call that out

Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Figga wrote:

Spoiler:

WELL IN THAT CASE! . . .idgaf. What a Face
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Figga wrote:

Spoiler:

LOL

Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Figga wrote:

Spoiler:

LOL

Is this a Jeff Loeb creation? If so, should we be happy that it's not the Red Panther?
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Figga wrote:

Spoiler:

LOL

Is this a Jeff Loeb creation? If so, should we be happy that it's not the Red Panther?

nope now ya lost me
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Kick-Ass 2 #4. It almost seems like they're making fun of themselves at this point...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Figga wrote:
Kick-Ass 2 #4. It almost seems like they're making fun of themselves at this point...

Spoiler:

I actually hated this issue for that very reason. It's like the story is more about the violence and shock value now, than it is about good storytelling. I really didn't need to see a teen gang rape in my comics. I'm not usually so perturbed by adult content, but for some reason the whole thing didn't sit well with me. I'm actually gonna stop picking it up from now on, i needed to save some money anyhow.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:08 am

Figga wrote:

Spoiler:
Haven't read it, but holy shit. That sounds terrible.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:16 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

Spoiler:

Speaking of the Kick-Ass universe what's taking them so long with the next issue of Superior?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:48 am

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

Spoiler:

Speaking of the Kick-Ass universe what's taking them so long with the next issue of Superior?

Word is that 2 issues are due out in October.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Okay, Kick Ass 2 is out? I would've liked to know that!
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:08 pm

True Believer wrote:

I bought the first issue and checked back for 3 months looking for issue 2. That was a year ago. I stopped trying. Got up to 4 huh? Not liking the comments about it but I think I will go try and pick 'em up today and see for myself how bad it is.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:51 pm

howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I bought the first issue and checked back for 3 months looking for issue 2. That was a year ago. I stopped trying. Got up to 4 huh? Not liking the comments about it but I think I will go try and pick 'em up today and see for myself how bad it is.

It's not all terrible. The three earlier issues were good as far as I'm concerned. I just particularly hated this most recent issue and the direction they're taking it. The issue just made me feel disgusted and I'm starting to care significantly less and less about all of these irredeemable and unlikeable characters. In my opinion, issue 4 felt like Millar was sick of all this Kick-Ass stuff, and wanted to make it as gruesome and stupid as he possibly could so that they'd just cancel the book or something. The brutality in the issue just seemed really forced like they keep trying to outdo themselves each issue. That's just my perspective anyway, maybe I'm just too old fashioned or something.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 am

Brian21 wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:

It's not all terrible. The three earlier issues were good as far as I'm concerned. I just particularly hated this most recent issue and the direction they're taking it. The issue just made me feel disgusted and I'm starting to care significantly less and less about all of these irredeemable and unlikeable characters. In my opinion, issue 4 felt like Millar was sick of all this Kick-Ass stuff, and wanted to make it as gruesome and stupid as he possibly could so that they'd just cancel the book or something. The brutality in the issue just seemed really forced like they keep trying to outdo themselves each issue. That's just my perspective anyway, maybe I'm just too old fashioned or something.

Don't forget this is all building up to that flash forward "brawl" we all saw in Central Park. So, I think Millar wants it get more and more brutal with each issue leading into a final climax. Also, very curious to see the outcome of the Hit Girl vs Mother Russia.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:48 am

TJ wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
howie024m wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Don't forget this is all building up to that flash forward "brawl" we all saw in Central Park. So, I think Millar wants it get more and more brutal with each issue leading into a final climax. Also, very curious to see the outcome of the Hit Girl vs Mother Russia.

I guess that makes sense, it just seems like it's becoming too much about the violence though. Which is fine for the people who like an excessive amount of that in their books, but I guess using an innocent teenage girl being gangraped by asshole halfwit villains (who aren't much more likeable than the heroes) solely as a plot device is a little much for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you read it?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: