the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you read it?

Go down 
+17
Shaun
Figga
bayani
CaptainJoel
Sink
shazam!
TJ
NoLuv4Hoes
Shadowrenderer
DanElectro
Tim Radd
GoZ
Thomas
True Believer
Liquid Sword
Aycock
markrocks
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Just finished 100 bullets. Amazing Story

all 100 issues? cool. this is on the list of comics that i wished i collected but didnt also on this list is Hellboy and Wlaking Dead. my favorite series i never collected is Starman. so thanks to the ARA my fan boy wishes came true. as far as bullets go i think i'll wait for the delux editions, because you know the will make one. holy shit i would spend my tax return on the Omibus. cheers
Back to top Go down
Aycock
The Omega
The Omega
Aycock

Male Age : 36

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Just read an indie called "Red Moon". Has anyone else ever even heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm

markrocks wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Just finished 100 bullets. Amazing Story

all 100 issues? cool. this is on the list of comics that i wished i collected but didnt also on this list is Hellboy and Wlaking Dead. my favorite series i never collected is Starman. so thanks to the ARA my fan boy wishes came true. as far as bullets go i think i'll wait for the delux editions, because you know the will make one. holy shit i would spend my tax return on the Omibus. cheers

Yup, all one-hundred issues. A couple omnibuses would be great. (yes that is the plural word for omnibus)
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Speaking of omnibuses, I've started reading the Starman omnibi. Awesome series, it's so modern in it's structure, and storytelling, and Tony Harris' stylized art back then, I'm surprised it actually began in '94 and was regular DC universe book and not Vertigo (they have Mikaal Starman doing coke and Jack Knight getting raped.) But it'd still one of the most continuity-laden books, referencing classic Golden and Silver age stories and the verious Starmen all throughout that time. I've always been lukewarm toward Robinson but this series makes me look at him in a new light.

I'm only on the third volume (there will be six), so don't tell me anything beyond the 30s or so, but I'll read the fourth as soon as it comes into my library's collection (I order the Graphic Novels.)
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:28 pm

True Believer wrote:
Speaking of omnibuses, I've started reading the Starman omnibi. Awesome series, it's so modern in it's structure, and storytelling, and Tony Harris' stylized art back then, I'm surprised it actually began in '94 and was regular DC universe book and not Vertigo (they have Mikaal Starman doing coke and Jack Knight getting raped.) But it'd still one of the most continuity-laden books, referencing classic Golden and Silver age stories and the verious Starmen all throughout that time. I've always been lukewarm toward Robinson but this series makes me look at him in a new light.

I'm only on the third volume (there will be six), so don't tell me anything beyond the 30s or so, but I'll read the fourth as soon as it comes into my library's collection (I order the Graphic Novels.)

i totaly agree with starman being ahead of its time. and the story of fathers and sons? thats what get you hooked. i never collected it past 0,1 but i did get the key issues.
remember this came out in the 90's i was to busy being EXTEME to know better.

my comic shop wont order any omnibuses with out paying up front. and im broke as a joke to get these books.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 pm

markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:

i totaly agree with starman being ahead of its time. and the story of fathers and sons? thats what get you hooked. i never collected it past 0,1 but i did get the key issues.

my comic shop wont order any omnibuses with out paying up front. and im broke as a joke to get these books.

This is one of my favorite series and characters Robinson really needs to start using Jack Knight now that he's back with DC.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Thomas wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:

This is one of my favorite series and characters Robinson really needs to start using Jack Knight now that he's back with DC.

Thomas posted all the issues in OQL......That's how I got into it, it's a freaking great story!
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Taskmaster #1

Really kool read. Awesome art.

Same with the recent Superman/Batman issue.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:28 pm

GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Speaking of omnibuses, I've started reading the Starman omnibi. Awesome series, it's so modern in it's structure, and storytelling, and Tony Harris' stylized art back then, I'm surprised it actually began in '94 and was a regular DC universe book and not Vertigo (they have Mikaal Starman doing coke and Jack Knight getting raped.) But it'd still one of the most continuity-laden books, referencing classic Golden and Silver age stories and the verious Starmen all throughout that time. I've always been lukewarm toward Robinson but this series makes me look at him in a new light.

Thomas posted all the issues in OQL......That's how I got into it, it's a freaking great story!

Yeah, but he bastard took 'em down or I'd be reading it right now. On the omnibus note, the extra material in the omnibus is awesome. Robinson wrote a ridiculously long afterword that's published in part at the end of each omnibus. It's interesting stuff.

On an unrelated note, I just read my post what the fuuuuuuck. I made like 10 spelling and grammatical errors, did I write that on meth?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:35 pm

True Believer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Speaking of omnibuses, I've started reading the Starman omnibi. Awesome series, it's so modern in it's structure, and storytelling, and Tony Harris' stylized art back then, I'm surprised it actually began in '94 and was a regular DC universe book and not Vertigo (they have Mikaal Starman doing coke and Jack Knight getting raped.) But it'd still one of the most continuity-laden books, referencing classic Golden and Silver age stories and the verious Starmen all throughout that time. I've always been lukewarm toward Robinson but this series makes me look at him in a new light.

Yeah, but he bastard took 'em down or I'd be reading it right now. On the omnibus note, the extra material in the omnibus is awesome. Robinson wrote a ridiculously long afterword that's published in part at the end of each omnibus. It's interesting stuff.

On an unrelated note, I just read my post what the fuuuuuuck. I made like 10 spelling and grammatical errors, did I write that on meth?

I didn't take them down, I just checked a couple at random and they still seem to work.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I didn't take them down, I just checked a couple at random and they still seem to work.

You're right . . . For some reason I thought you deleted them to save space on photobucket or something.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:15 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:

You're right . . . For some reason I thought you deleted them to save space on photobucket or something.

I said that a long time ago but then I changed my mind and left them up and started another photobucket account.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:39 pm

True Believer wrote:

This set is next on my list. I got all six (?) so far. Glad to read its that good

100 Bullets is one of my favorite titles out but I've been reading it in trade so will read the final issues in the final trade when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:55 pm

DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:

This set is next on my list. I got all six (?) so far. Glad to read its that good

100 Bullets is one of my favorite titles out but I've been reading it in trade so will read the final issues in the final trade when it comes out.

The final trade is out. vol 13.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 4:02 am

HOLY!

GLC 53

Kyle punched

Spoiler:

in the FACE!
And the Weaponer is pretty amazing. Love the new artist, Kirkham, too. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Thomas wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:

word, if u havent read this shit u have no clue what Robinson's really capable of AND thats an awful idea i think until Robinson comes up with something fitting of Jack Knight he should stay exactly where he left off or theyll just fuck it up
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Chaos War #2. Great issue........Fucking loved it! But I have one small problem.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:53 pm

So, who's read "Superman: Earth One" yet?

Did you read it? 1

Is it a good read? Yes.

Is it a Superman storyline that ranks with the best of em? No.

There really isn't anything wrong with the book. Outside of the fact that JMS had so much potential to change around the origin of Superman, change so many details, but...didn't.

He did make small changes which I liked such as the costume, looks awesome with the subtle changes. The "S" is from Ma and Pa Kent, not his family crest or anything. The destruction of Krypton was different.

As for his character, idk. He's a quite teen who seems kinda distant trying to find his place. But it's not as annoying as it usually is portrayed in movies and such.

Jimmy Olsen is a badass from the get go(as he should be lol). It left a few questions open and possibilities. Like for instance, Brainiac was kind of hinted at.

It's written like a movie more so than a comic book to be honest. That's really the only way I was looking at this. I felt like this what the new Superman movie would be like, annnnnnd I wouldn't mind it if it was a movie. It's not what I want, but it'd be a good movie. It turned out well.

The main selling point for this book though, really is the art. It's fantastic.

also two big things
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Tim Radd wrote:

Is it a good read? Yes.

There really isn't anything wrong with the book. Outside of the fact that JMS had so much potential to change around the origin of Superman, change so many details, but...didn't.

He did make small changes which I liked such as the costume, looks awesome with the subtle changes. The "S" is from Ma and Pa Kent, not his family crest or anything. The destruction of Krypton was different.

As for his character, idk. He's a quite teen who seems kinda distant trying to find his place. But it's not as annoying as it usually is portrayed in movies and such.

Jimmy Olsen is a badass from the get go(as he should be lol). It left a few questions open and possibilities. Like for instance, Brainiac was kind of hinted at.

It's written like a movie more so than a comic book to be honest. That's really the only way I was looking at this. I felt like this what the new Superman movie would be like, annnnnnd I wouldn't mind it if it was a movie. It's not what I want, but it'd be a good movie. It turned out well.

also two big things
Spoiler:

i read it over at the Omega effect. it was GOOD. i stand by my responce over there. what i liked the most was that it was different.
i mean the how and why krypton was destoyed doesnt matter. just that it did.
clark is an outsider. he's super smart. and has more power than he knows. this version has the anxiety disorders that someone in this position would have. that is something we never saw i the main DCU.
the whole aliens invading was out of left field. i had no idea that was gonna happen. but it put the fear of aliens in the ppl of Metropolis. should we trust him or not? in the main DCU its only Luther who has that fear.

over all it no different than what marvel is doing in the Ultimate Universe.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Tim Radd wrote:

Is it a good read? Yes.

also two big things
Spoiler:

He was not a teenager.

I agree with the rest. I feel like this could have been a movie script. It was surprisingly faithful to the Superman mythos without feeling re-tread which even Johns didn't manage to accomplish with Secret Origin. While I didn't mind the introduction of a new villain and race related to the Kryptonians, I feel like there are so many alien races in the DCU -- and JMS is working with a totally fresh continuity -- that it could have just as easily been a cool re-design of Brainiac with the race being Coluans or even a Daxamite. (Seriously, though, who names an Alien "Tyrell"?) Though I understand why he might not want an established villain to get taken out as easily as he ultimately was, the result was still a bad guy whose name and planet most people won't remember.

If this had been the first arc in an ongoing monthly or even bi-monthly, I'd say it was (almost) perfect. But as this is supposed to, more or less, stand alone with the next volume not being released for several months I feel like alot of good story probably got left on the cutting room floor, or saved for a later volume at the expense of this one.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:23 pm

True Believer wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Is it a good read? Yes.

also two big things
Spoiler:

He was not a teenager.

I agree with the rest. I feel like this could have been a movie script. It was surprisingly faithful to the Superman mythos without feeling re-tread which even Johns didn't manage to accomplish with Secret Origin. While I didn't mind the introduction of a new villain and race related to the Kryptonians, I feel like there are so many alien races in the DCU -- and JMS is working with a totally fresh continuity -- that it could have just as easily been a cool re-design of Brainiac with the race being Coluans or even a Daxamite. (Seriously, though, who names an Alien "Tyrell"?) Though I understand why he might not want an established villain to get taken out as easily as he ultimately was, the result was still a bad guy whose name and planet most people won't remember.

If this had been the first arc in an ongoing monthly or even bi-monthly, I'd say it was (almost) perfect. But as this is supposed to, more or less, stand alone with the next volume not being released for several months I feel like alot of good story probably got left on the cutting room floor, or saved for a later volume at the expense of this one.

A racist.

yellowish.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 am

True Believer wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Is it a good read? Yes.

also two big things
Spoiler:

He was not a teenager.

I liked it as a stand alone-but am glad it wasn't! (Are you guys sure it wasn't? I know nothing about this title...)

I couldn't stand that fact that Lois was so obviously light boxed from pics of Deborah Morgan ("Dexter")! I call shenanigans on how blatantly unoriginal and uninspired that made the artwork!!!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:41 pm

DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Is it a good read? Yes.

also two big things
Spoiler:

He was not a teenager.

I liked it as a stand alone-but am glad it wasn't! (Are you guys sure it wasn't? I know nothing about this title...)

I couldn't stand that fact that Lois was so obviously light boxed from pics of Deborah Morgan ("Dexter")! I call shenanigans on how blatantly unoriginal and uninspired that made the artwork!!!

I kinda see that in some panels, but for the most part it just looks like a bit of photo referencing to me.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Invincible #75

Anyone? Probably the most brutal issue yet. Sooooooo good. Ryan really shined with his art this issue.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Tim Radd wrote:
Invincible #75

Anyone? Probably the most brutal issue yet. Sooooooo good. Ryan really shined with his art this issue.

That 6 dollar price tag is stupid tho. Science dog and Tech Jacket are not enough to justify it. Especially after it took 3 months for issue #75 to come out.

And yes Ryan Ottely did work this issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Did you read it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you read it?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next