the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comic Book Dream Teams

Go down 
+4
Shaun
Thomas
CaptainJoel
True Believer
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:00 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
So, basically Warren Ellis should write everything.

YES!

yeah... pretty much.

kick Bendis to the curb, and put Ellis on everything.

course commiting to a title for more than 20 issues might kill him.

a title that not his own mind you.

Yeah.... I really want that man to write more, though.

I wonder often what would happen if I gave him free reign on something like Spider-man.

I...

can't even imagine.

Well you should just limit it to like Goblin and Parker. Yeah... that'd be epic.

Oh and for the Sentry book...

we already have him in a Shi'ar story, maybe him assisting the GoG, and well you have to have an ON PANEL Galactus fight.

Thats a good 20 something issues right there.

Oh hell yes.

The GoG and sentry would actually interest me in the Sentry.

Then have him battle obscure characters like Tyrant (revive him or something) and well have him battle Mephisto, since he knows about BND for the hell of it. You know, challenge Mephisto in his own dimension, have some good showings, but ultimately have Mephisto drive him away because Mephisto feeds off the evil of the Void.

Maybe establish that giving into extreme emotions and losing his composure makes it much easier for the Void to surface. So essentially the combined power of the Void, and an empowered Mephisto send the Sentry home crying. Not literally mind you.

Course with the success of the title we could have a "Then Sentry: The End" book. where there's no one left(as in like... Fantastic 4, Hulk, etc), Void finally kills Lindy, Rob is sporting the beard and homeless look again. Wandering the universe, and ultimately has his final battle with the Void. Like you know... flying the Void into the heart of a Supernova or something, and finally decides to sacrifice himself to forever rid the universe of the Void. Typical Sentry kinda thing.... lots of Void action, Mental Instability... and throwing something into the sun.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:47 pm

OMG!!!

James Gigantic 4 part mini
Warren Ellis And Joel Terrell
Stuart Immoen
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:59 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
OMG!!!

James Gigantic 4 part mini
Warren Ellis And Joel Terrell
Stuart Immoen

We can introduce him like the Sentry!!

Someone left out of the 90's X-Men!
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:08 pm

Silver Surfer
Writer - Geoff Johns (The King of Cosmic)
Artist - Ron Lim (he'll always be my favorite Silver Surfer artist)

Scarlet Spider
Writer - Joel
Artist - Mark Bagley
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:11 pm

Thomas wrote:
Silver Surfer

Scarlet Spider
Writer - Joel
Artist - Mark Bagley

Well if its a definitive Spidey run...

you're only stuck with 2 artists.

Bagley

and

Romita Jr.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:12 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Silver Surfer

Scarlet Spider
Writer - Joel
Artist - Mark Bagley

Bagley

and

Romita Jr.

Yeah and I like Bagley more.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Silver Surfer

Scarlet Spider
Writer - Joel
Artist - Mark Bagley

Bagley

and

Romita Jr.

Yeah and I like Bagley more.

They could switch off on arcs!

Ah, I love them both so dearly...
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Superman
Writer/Artist - Dan Jurgens (I'd love to see him write and draw Superman again I loved the Superman stories of the 90's when he was at the helm)
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:39 pm

Thomas wrote:
Superman
Writer/Artist - Dan Jurgens (I'd love to see him write and draw Superman again I loved the Superman stories of the 90's when he was at the helm)

I have to disagree with you on that one, but for merely personal reasons. I just plain, don't like his art, everything looks the same to me. The death of Superman issue should have been EPIC, HUGE, BOMBASTIC! Instead we get an entire book of splash pages...weak. Also, when he took over Captain America, he had Cap throwing his shield like 8,000 feet high in the air. I think he's a better writer, and he did create one of my favorite characters, Booster Gold.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 pm

GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Superman

I have to disagree with you on that one, but for merely personal reasons. I just plain, don't like his art, everything looks the same to me. The death of Superman issue should have been EPIC, HUGE, BOMBASTIC! Instead we get an entire book of splash pages...weak. Also, when he took over Captain America, he had Cap throwing his shield like 8,000 feet high in the air. I think he's a better writer, and he did create one of my favorite characters, Booster Gold.

Actually the splash page look was supposed to be that way because as the fight ground on they started with normal amount of panels and then they gradually reduced it until it was only one image per page to symbolize the action getting more intense.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Superman

Actually the splash page look was supposed to be that way because as the fight ground on they started with normal amount of panels and then they gradually reduced it until it was only one image per page to symbolize the action getting more intense.

I realize what they were going for, I just think it failed...I mean, this is the DEATH OF SUPERMAN! I wanted to see them knocking each other through the planet....
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:53 pm

GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Superman

I realize what they were going for, I just think it failed...I mean, this is the DEATH OF SUPERMAN! I wanted to see them knocking each other through the planet....

If it was written now they would be but back then stories were more subdued and for the time the level of violence was higher than just about anything else put out up until then.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 am

Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Superman

If it was written now they would be but back then stories were more subdued and for the time the level of violence was higher than just about anything else put out up until then.

I can see you're side of it, but, I have to take issue with the level of violence. The original Lobo mini-series was WAAAAAYYY more violent, and it was published before the Death of Supes. I realize the violence was toned down for all-ages, but it still disappointed me...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 5:37 pm

Batman

writer: Ed Burbaker

artist: Jim Lee

covers by Alex Ross
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 6:04 pm

Shaun wrote:
Batman

covers by Alex Ross

Good combo. I would love to see what Brubaker could do with Batman. I like Jim Lee but I would rather have Eaton reteam with Brubaker if he did work on it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:21 pm

Thomas wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Batman

covers by Alex Ross

Good combo. I would love to see what Brubaker could do with Batman. I like Jim Lee but I would rather have Eaton reteam with Brubaker if he did work on it.

I havent seen any of Eaton's work so I cant make any judgement on that
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:51 pm

Shaun wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Batman

covers by Alex Ross

I havent seen any of Eaton's work so I cant make any judgement on that

Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 Capa013cov
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:00 pm

True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shaun wrote:
here's the dream team

Alex Ross and Brubaker together for...

Luke Cage

Seriously?! Why waste such talent on Cage? He's getting too much attention as it is in the Marvel Universe.

Now Ross and Brubaker together on the story arc when Cap comes back...that's gold!

Well, two answers.

1) It was, actually probably just a joke on Shaun's part. Luke Cage is the Butt of most of our jokes around here. Been here long?

2) It's actually kind of an interesting thought as he is a crappy character with exploitative roots and despite Bendis' mancrush little has been done to redeem him. So, why not get two of the greatest creators in the industry to to make him . . . Not suck?

Who's Shaun? As the new guy I assumed he wouldn't know about our aversion to Luke Cage AND BB.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:15 pm

DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shaun wrote:
here's the dream team

Luke Cage

Seriously?! Why waste such talent on Cage? He's getting too much attention as it is in the Marvel Universe.

Now Ross and Brubaker together on the story arc when Cap comes back...that's gold!

Well, two answers.

1) It was, actually probably just a joke on Shaun's part. Luke Cage is the Butt of most of our jokes around here. Been here long?

2) It's actually kind of an interesting thought as he is a crappy character with exploitative roots and despite Bendis' mancrush little has been done to redeem him. So, why not get two of the greatest creators in the industry to to make him . . . Not suck?

Who's Shaun? As the new guy I assumed he wouldn't know about our aversion to Luke Cage AND BB.

Ah, the infamous SG ring any bells?

He's from the old place, actually was here before you, DanE.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:18 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shaun wrote:
here's the dream team

Luke Cage

Well, two answers.

Joel, it's a running joke we keep pretending not to know who Shaun is and call him by other names, usually girl names.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:19 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shaun wrote:
here's the dream team

Luke Cage

Well, two answers.

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

Really missed the joke didn't ya?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:23 pm

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shaun wrote:
here's the dream team

Luke Cage

Well, two answers.

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

Really missed the joke didn't ya?

I stopped reading after "who is Shaun?"

I'm a little busy taking notes...

MUHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:30 pm

-Darkhawk-
Warren Ellis -writer-
Stuart Immoen -artist-
Dexter Vines -inker-
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Deadpool:
Writer - Warren Ellis
Artist - Mike Deaodato Jr.

They've been awesome on the Thunderbolts and I'd like to see what they would do with him.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Thomas wrote:
Deadpool:
Writer - Warren Ellis
Artist - Mike Deaodato Jr.

They've been awesome on the Thunderbolts and I'd like to see what they would do with him.

Something about that seems scary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Dream Teams   Comic Book Dream Teams - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comic Book Dream Teams
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next