the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I called it!

Go down 
+16
True Believer
Mr.Wholesome
NoLuv4Hoes
Tayley
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
CaptainJoel
Tim Radd
JohnnyMac
Liquid Sword
Leachcraft
Thomas
TJ
Shadowrenderer
GoZ
PeteWisdom
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

I called it! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
You hated the Sentry series AND the Blue Marvel?!?! WTF?

Sentry is flawed, that's awesome!

The Blue Marvel series...well, I just hope he makes it into regular continuity. The story was excellent. It did start out better than it ended...just a bit. But the character is excellent. I don't want to see him in his own regular series or on a team. I do want to see him in major events and the occasional guest appearance or team-up though!

The Sentry is more than flawed he annoying as hell. If they didn't have him break down so often and they didn't make his so rediculously powerful he would be a cooler character. Instead he takes out heralds of Galactus without breaking a sweat, which is bullshit, and supposedly he took out Galactus himself once, even more bullshit. In fact it's hyptnotized Skrull cow bullshit.

I didn't say I didn't like the Blue Marvel just that the story didn't live up to my expectations and the art went down hill too. I'm hoping that they use him in the future.

When did Sentry take out Galactus?

(This should go in the Marvel Trivia thread.)

Sentry is a schizophrenic and medicine has no affect on him if I'm correct. Idk how much you know about schizophrenia but some people really do break down like that.

He speaks the truth. Ive experienced it first hand a couple times.

No I am not schizophrenic........ I have relatives who are.

I know that it's acurate it's just annoying to have a character who was cool in his original appearence turned into either the coup de grace of every fight or ineffectual because he's crying in a corner somewhere. If they used him in the way DC uses Superman very powerful but still able to be knocked around and the outcome of fights are somewhat more in doubt. The Sentry they have him go in land one hit and it's over.

DanE they said he beat Galactus but they never showed it, so until they do I call bullshit on that.

The reason why Superman is able to be knocked around is that DC has enough characters who are close enough to his strength, which means if you want that same affect with Sentry, he needs to fight more regular heroes and villains who are on par with his strength. That way it's less like a 50/50 chance and more like rolling the dice.

Marvel still has some powerful comparitive heroes. Hulk, Thor, Wonder Man, Hercules, Ares, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Silver Surfer, Juggernaut, Nova, Cable (with his full powers), Gladiator, Vulcan, Captain Britain, Doctor Doom, Thanos, and plenty more that I'm forgetting.

Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Hercules, Ares, Captain Britain, and Gladiator probably couldn't take Sentry. In fact the first 5 I mentioned already know that.

FTFY.

I don't see these people being able to stand up to Sentry

Wonder Man, Hercules, Ares, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Juggernaut, Nova, Gladiator, Captain Britain.

Doom would probably be able to beat him, But he isn't a superman type character. Thanos is dead.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:33 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

The Blue Marvel series...well, I just hope he makes it into regular continuity. The story was excellent. It did start out better than it ended...just a bit. But the character is excellent. I don't want to see him in his own regular series or on a team. I do want to see him in major events and the occasional guest appearance or team-up though!

The Sentry is more than flawed he annoying as hell. If they didn't have him break down so often and they didn't make his so rediculously powerful he would be a cooler character. Instead he takes out heralds of Galactus without breaking a sweat, which is bullshit, and supposedly he took out Galactus himself once, even more bullshit. In fact it's hyptnotized Skrull cow bullshit.

I didn't say I didn't like the Blue Marvel just that the story didn't live up to my expectations and the art went down hill too. I'm hoping that they use him in the future.

Sentry is a schizophrenic and medicine has no affect on him if I'm correct. Idk how much you know about schizophrenia but some people really do break down like that.

I know that it's acurate it's just annoying to have a character who was cool in his original appearence turned into either the coup de grace of every fight or ineffectual because he's crying in a corner somewhere. If they used him in the way DC uses Superman very powerful but still able to be knocked around and the outcome of fights are somewhat more in doubt. The Sentry they have him go in land one hit and it's over.

DanE they said he beat Galactus but they never showed it, so until they do I call bullshit on that.

The reason why Superman is able to be knocked around is that DC has enough characters who are close enough to his strength, which means if you want that same affect with Sentry, he needs to fight more regular heroes and villains who are on par with his strength. That way it's less like a 50/50 chance and more like rolling the dice.

Marvel still has some powerful comparitive heroes. Hulk, Thor, Wonder Man, Hercules, Ares, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Silver Surfer, Juggernaut, Nova, Cable (with his full powers), Gladiator, Vulcan, Captain Britain, Doctor Doom, Thanos, and plenty more that I'm forgetting.

Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Hercules, Ares, Captain Britain, and Gladiator probably couldn't take Sentry. In fact the first 5 I mentioned already know that.

FTFY.

Wonder Man, Hercules, Ares, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Juggernaut, Nova, Gladiator, Captain Britain.

Doom would probably be able to beat him, But he isn't a superman type character. Thanos is dead.

With Juggernaut it always depends on how powered up he is. aka Trion
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FTFY.

With Juggernaut it always depends on how powered up he is. aka Trion

That's my point the fights should last several minutes not seconds. Those characters may not be able to beat him but they should be able to give him a run for his money.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Blackest Night

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 pm

Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

I'm sorry, but, no one cares. And this isn't directed at you specifically, Thomas, I mean anyone who wants to claim they "called" anything in the Blackest Night ending. No one but the person making the claim will care. I loved the issue, but there was nothing in it that was completely and utterly unpredictable and everyone was predicting everything about Blackest Night. The fact that one out of every dozen or so predictions turned out to be somewhat accurate is not noteworthy.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

I'm sorry, but, no one cares. And this isn't directed at you specifically, Thomas, I mean anyone who wants to claim they "called" anything in the Blackest Night ending. No one but the person making the claim will care. I loved the issue, but there was nothing in it that was completely and utterly unpredictable and everyone was predicting everything about Blackest Night. The fact that one out of every dozen or so predictions turned out to be somewhat accurate is not noteworthy.

im not reading that spoiler and if u wanna brag u could at least OQL the shit 1st guy
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

im not reading that spoiler and if u wanna brag u could at least OQL the shit 1st guy

I did and then TB posted it again after I did so I deleted mine.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:00 am

Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

also not to split hairs but...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 3:34 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 3:40 am

bayani wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:39 am

I called it! - Page 6 Phone-sex
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:07 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
bayani wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

^this pretty much^
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:40 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
bayani wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

^this pretty much^
kk
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:49 pm

bayani wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
bayani wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

^this pretty much^
kk

Spoiler:

Oh and TB if I can't say I called it in a thread that was created for just that purpose then what's the point of the thread?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 pm

After reading Blackest Night #8 over and over again I still think as I said in the OQL, that Krona is going to go after the White Lanterns trying to claim the power all for himself and that will be the big event that wraps up Brightest Day.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 pm

TJ wrote:
After reading Blackest Night #8 over and over again I still think as I said in the OQL, that Krona is going to go after the White Lanterns trying to claim the power all for himself and that will be the big event that wraps up Brightest Day.

i can kinda see this happening in some form as well i mean after the sinestro corps, anti-monitor, black lanterns and Nekron what could possibly be more challenging to follow up than Krona back with a serious mad-on?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:29 pm

There is no point aside from masturbatory.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:16 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
TJ wrote:

i can kinda see this happening in some form as well i mean after the sinestro corps, anti-monitor, black lanterns and Nekron what could possibly be more challenging to follow up than Krona back with a serious mad-on?

Well my whole reasoning to suspect him is kinda due to his random mentioning in Blackest Night #8. Than I thought about Krona and this dude is obsessed with finding the cause of creation....where it all started and what not. And now the closest thing we have to that is The Entity.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm calling Aquaman as the dude that get's all the White Lantern power after Brightest Day, based solely on this.....

On AQUAMAN: He'll still be around post-"Brightest Day," and still "badass," according to Johns. Eddie Berganza stopped the writer from saying more, but later prodding forced Johns to produce this paraphrased story idea: "I've always wanted to write a story where Aquaman is just chillin' on a beach, and Bruce, Diana and Clark come up and ask him to rejoin the Justice League. He says he'd be happy to lead the team. The three again reiterate how important he is that he join, and he reiterates his position. We cut to Arthur calling a Justice League meeting to order." Johns then said he viewed Aquaman as "the leader of the DC Universe."
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 pm

GoZ wrote:
I'm calling Aquaman as the dude that get's all the White Lantern power after Brightest Day, based solely on this.....

On AQUAMAN: He'll still be around post-"Brightest Day," and still "badass," according to Johns. Eddie Berganza stopped the writer from saying more, but later prodding forced Johns to produce this paraphrased story idea: "I've always wanted to write a story where Aquaman is just chillin' on a beach, and Bruce, Diana and Clark come up and ask him to rejoin the Justice League. He says he'd be happy to lead the team. The three again reiterate how important he is that he join, and he reiterates his position. We cut to Arthur calling a Justice League meeting to order." Johns then said he viewed Aquaman as "the leader of the DC Universe."

It might be a cool idea, but I think its too obvious. I think the bearer is gonna be someone completly out of left field. Also, you gotta keep in mind that the ring has told Firestorm that Boston Brand has yet to find the New Champion. Brand as a White Lantern has already met Aquaman twice and boom nothing happened. Also, the ring stated that the twelve ressurected must pave the way for The Champ, Aquaman included. I think the Champ is going to be someone already in the DC Universe who has appreciated life for what it is, Hell, the Champ could be a baby right now for all we know.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Interesting idea. But TJ has some good, valid points against.

I was thinking Dove but I'm now thinking she'll die...

It could be a "civilian", ie not a hero. Or Brand will end up getting it.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm

I already said something like this over on Omega Effect only to have GoZ say it was stupid but I think Dove will have Deadman's baby and when it's born he'll die again and the baby will get the life that was given to him when he came back and the baby will age to adulthood and be the White Lantern.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Interesting idea. But TJ has some good, valid points against.

I was thinking Dove but I'm now thinking she'll die...

It could be a "civilian", ie not a hero. Or Brand will end up getting it.
Laughing

i thought it was dove too. i thought it would be her but she has no idea is her and the ring is waiting for her to accept the roll. Dove is just not ready.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Thomas wrote:
I already said something like this over on Omega Effect only to have GoZ say it was stupid but I think Dove will have Deadman's baby and when it's born he'll die again and the baby will get the life that was given to him when he came back and the baby will age to adulthood and be the White Lantern.
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID

Laughing

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

I called it!
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-