the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I called it!

Go down 
+16
True Believer
Mr.Wholesome
NoLuv4Hoes
Tayley
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
CaptainJoel
Tim Radd
JohnnyMac
Liquid Sword
Leachcraft
Thomas
TJ
Shadowrenderer
GoZ
PeteWisdom
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

I called it! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Yeah chipotle sounds good actually.

Hmmm.

I've still never been to Chipotle. I want to go but I've been told that it's just like Chronic Taco but not as good and more expensive so whenever I think about going to Chipotle it just makes me want Chronic Taco.

Hmm never heard of it. Though it does sound appetizing.

Chronic taco? really guy? who came up with that ivy league idea?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:15 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Hmmm.

I've still never been to Chipotle. I want to go but I've been told that it's just like Chronic Taco but not as good and more expensive so whenever I think about going to Chipotle it just makes me want Chronic Taco.

They kick ass. Here's their mascot (is that what they're called? Like Jack from Jack in the Box)....

I called it! - Page 5 ChronicLogo

And here's their sign.
I called it! - Page 5 FebMisc011
Back to top Go down
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA
Tayley

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:18 pm

chipolte tacos are huge. and too much. they fall out of every hole there is on the taco, but if you like everything you put on it then just grab a fork and eat it...i want some now.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:19 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Hmmm.

They kick ass. Here's their mascot (is that what they're called? Like Jack from Jack in the Box)....

And here's their sign.

wow wholesome...this just changed my life.....
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:43 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Hmmm.

And here's their sign.

Chronic Taco sounds fascinating...
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Ok I'm going to go right ahead and say that since they're fucking up the Ultimate universe and the Squadron Supreme universe they're going to merge them permantly somehow. They might as well throw in the New Universe too. If they did merge them I think it actually could be cool as long as it doesn't turn out like Ultimate Power.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Thomas wrote:
Ok I'm going to go right ahead and say that since they're fucking up the Ultimate universe and the Squadron Supreme universe they're going to merge them permantly somehow. They might as well throw in the New Universe too. If they did merge them I think it actually could be cool as long as it doesn't turn out like Ultimate Power.

If they do that, then they should throw the old Ultra-verse characters into the mix, as well....
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:06 pm

GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

If they do that, then they should throw the old Ultra-verse characters into the mix, as well....

I think most of them would fit more in the mainstream universe. Night Man, Warstrike, Ghoul, Hardcase, Rune, Firearm, Prototype, Sludge, Siren, and Topaz all might work. Most of the others like Prime and Mantra not so much anymore.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:48 am

Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

I think most of them would fit more in the mainstream universe. Night Man, Warstrike, Ghoul, Hardcase, Rune, Firearm, Prototype, Sludge, Siren, and Topaz all might work. Most of the others like Prime and Mantra not so much anymore.

Prime can work, you just have to work on him a little.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:16 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

He was always too much like Captain Marvel (DC). Maybe if they slimed him down a little, the roided up look just doesn't work like it did in the 90's, at least not for heroes, for villains it still works. They've already introduced two new Superman level heroes to marvel in the last few years anymore and it will be too much. We already have Sentry being the solution to every problem.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:18 am

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

He was always too much like Captain Marvel (DC). Maybe if they slimed him down a little, the roided up look just doesn't work like it did in the 90's, at least not for heroes, for villains it still works. They've already introduced two new Superman level heroes to marvel in the last few years anymore and it will be too much. We already have Sentry being the solution to every problem.

You can barely consider him a solution, because every writer eventually gives him a breakdown. DC has a billion Superman/Superman level characters, and each one generates a fan base.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:34 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Thomas wrote:

You can barely consider him a solution, because every writer eventually gives him a breakdown. DC has a billion Superman/Superman level characters, and each one generates a fan base.

For some reason they seem to work better in DC. Maybe it's because I hate the Sentry and the Blue Marvel series started out good but didn't end up as well as I'd hoped. I just would rather not have another Superman level guy introduced to main Marvel U so soon.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:12 pm

You hated the Sentry series AND the Blue Marvel?!?! WTF?

Sentry is flawed, that's awesome!

The Blue Marvel series...well, I just hope he makes it into regular continuity. The story was excellent. It did start out better than it ended...just a bit. But the character is excellent. I don't want to see him in his own regular series or on a team. I do want to see him in major events and the occasional guest appearance or team-up though!
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:19 pm

DanElectro wrote:

The Blue Marvel series...well, I just hope he makes it into regular continuity. The story was excellent. It did start out better than it ended...just a bit. But the character is excellent. I don't want to see him in his own regular series or on a team. I do want to see him in major events and the occasional guest appearance or team-up though!

The Sentry is more than flawed he annoying as hell. If they didn't have him break down so often and they didn't make his so rediculously powerful he would be a cooler character. Instead he takes out heralds of Galactus without breaking a sweat, which is bullshit, and supposedly he took out Galactus himself once, even more bullshit. In fact it's hyptnotized Skrull cow bullshit.

I didn't say I didn't like the Blue Marvel just that the story didn't live up to my expectations and the art went down hill too. I'm hoping that they use him in the future.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

The Sentry is more than flawed he annoying as hell. If they didn't have him break down so often and they didn't make his so rediculously powerful he would be a cooler character. Instead he takes out heralds of Galactus without breaking a sweat, which is bullshit, and supposedly he took out Galactus himself once, even more bullshit. In fact it's hyptnotized Skrull cow bullshit.

I didn't say I didn't like the Blue Marvel just that the story didn't live up to my expectations and the art went down hill too. I'm hoping that they use him in the future.

When did Sentry take out Galactus?

(This should go in the Marvel Trivia thread.)
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:27 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Sentry is a schizophrenic and medicine has no affect on him if I'm correct. Idk how much you know about schizophrenia but some people really do break down like that.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Sentry is a schizophrenic and medicine has no affect on him if I'm correct. Idk how much you know about schizophrenia but some people really do break down like that.

He speaks the truth. Ive experienced it first hand a couple times.

No I am not schizophrenic........ I have relatives who are.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:01 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I know that it's acurate it's just annoying to have a character who was cool in his original appearence turned into either the coup de grace of every fight or ineffectual because he's crying in a corner somewhere. If they used him in the way DC uses Superman very powerful but still able to be knocked around and the outcome of fights are somewhat more in doubt. The Sentry they have him go in land one hit and it's over.

DanE they said he beat Galactus but they never showed it, so until they do I call bullshit on that.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:07 pm

But the fact that you can mind fuck the Sentry IS his weakness.

Its his Kryptonite.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I know that it's acurate it's just annoying to have a character who was cool in his original appearence turned into either the coup de grace of every fight or ineffectual because he's crying in a corner somewhere. If they used him in the way DC uses Superman very powerful but still able to be knocked around and the outcome of fights are somewhat more in doubt. The Sentry they have him go in land one hit and it's over.

DanE they said he beat Galactus but they never showed it, so until they do I call bullshit on that.

The reason why Superman is able to be knocked around is that DC has enough characters who are close enough to his strength, which means if you want that same affect with Sentry, he needs to fight more regular heroes and villains who are on par with his strength. That way it's less like a 50/50 chance and more like rolling the dice.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:12 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
But the fact that you can mind fuck the Sentry IS his weakness.

Its his Kryptonite.

I guess I've just been pissed at how powerful they portray him ever since they had him fly up to Terrax The Tamer, break his ass and take him out in seconds. Terrax has fought the Fantastic Four, the New Warriors, and the villain team of Psionex and would have won if the Silver Surfer hadn't showed up. That's not someone who's a pushover.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Exactly Dante.

But Thomas doesn't want anymore Superman level characters introduced to the Marvel U.

But he also wants people that can give Sentry a run for his money......but he doesn't want The Sentry to be able to be mind fucked (his one weakness so far)

So basically Thomas doesn't know what the fuck he wants.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

The reason why Superman is able to be knocked around is that DC has enough characters who are close enough to his strength, which means if you want that same affect with Sentry, he needs to fight more regular heroes and villains who are on par with his strength. That way it's less like a 50/50 chance and more like rolling the dice.

Marvel still has some powerful comparitive heroes. Hulk, Thor, Wonder Man, Hercules, Ares, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Silver Surfer, Juggernaut, Nova, Cable (with his full powers), Gladiator, Vulcan, Captain Britain, Doctor Doom, Thanos, and plenty more that I'm forgetting.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:19 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Exactly Dante.

But Thomas doesn't want anymore Superman level characters introduced to the Marvel U.

But he also wants people that can give Sentry a run for his money......but he doesn't want The Sentry to be able to be mind fucked (his one weakness so far)

So basically Thomas doesn't know what the fuck he wants.

I wouldn't mind if they treated him like Superman but instead they treat him like he's Superboy Prime.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Marvel still has some powerful comparitive heroes. Hulk, Thor, Wonder Man, Hercules, Ares, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Silver Surfer, Juggernaut, Nova, Cable (with his full powers), Gladiator, Vulcan, Captain Britain, Doctor Doom, Thanos, and plenty more that I'm forgetting.

Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Namor, Hercules, Ares, Captain Britain, and Gladiator probably couldn't take Ares. In fact the first 5 I mentioned already know that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I called it!   I called it! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

I called it!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: