the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super-heroes from other countries.

Go down 
+6
bayani
Maxyboi2424
True Believer
GreatWhiteNinja
LifesTruesin
Thomas
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Super-heroes from other countries. Empty
PostSubject: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:27 pm

I was thinking about it and I can't think of one hero in DC comics that's Canadian. Marvel has dozens of Canadian heroes but DC basically ignores the whole country. DC does have more heroes spread out around the world than Marvel seems to.
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:06 pm

I don't think Canda is a country in DC, I mean they never talk about it, and I'm sure with all the metahumans in DC they would have atleast one hero or villian from there....

As for Marvel they only seem to have a single hero from each country outside of North America.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:19 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:
I don't think Canda is a country in DC, I mean they never talk about it, and I'm sure with all the metahumans in DC they would have atleast one hero or villian from there....

As for Marvel they only seem to have a single hero from each country outside of North America.

Really?

Marvel is that diverse?

I can think of a couple foreign Heroes of the top of my head Echos from Japan right?

and anyone remember Silverclaw? she was in the Avengers for a while I think.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:31 pm

Canada's a country?
Back to top Go down
Maxyboi2424
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Maxyboi2424

Male Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:34 pm

True Believer wrote:
Canada's a country?
Facepalm
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:34 pm

True Believer wrote:
Canada's a country?
Sort of, The queen of England just (as of Dec Cool suspended their parliament.

That's right, the powerless figurehead of another country suspended their main governmental body.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Marvel forcuses mostly on specific countries like Canada, England, Russia, and Japan. They have a few from other countries like Australia and Mexico. DC tries to have one from just about every country. DC only has one from South America that I can think of, Fire and only one from Africa, Vixen. Before the Big Ten Asia didn't have a lot of heroes other than Katana and Dr. Light.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Thomas wrote:
Marvel forcuses mostly on specific countries like Canada, England, Russia, and Japan. They have a few from other countries like Australia and Mexico. DC tries to have one from just about every country. DC only has one from South America that I can think of, Fire and only one from Africa, Vixen. Before the Big Ten Asia didn't have a lot of heroes other than Katana and Dr. Light.
Well, Kandaq is basically Egypt, so that's Africa.

Funny, the farther from the US we get we start talking about continents and not countries. Euro centric FTL!
Back to top Go down
Maxyboi2424
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Maxyboi2424

Male Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Thomas wrote:
afirca and south america aren't countries... Facepalm 2

yay!!!
i can finally be a snob to someone for fuckin' up!
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Maxyboi2424 wrote:
Thomas wrote:

yay!!!
Neither is asia, and I beat you to it
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm

bayani wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
Thomas wrote:

yay!!!
Neither is asia, and I beat you to it

That was my point, they decided for those continents that one hero was all they needed to make.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Amazing Man is from Africa... theres TONS of heroes from other countries.
Remember JL Europe? and JL international? Tons more also that I could name off thetop ofmy head... and probly a lot more if I researched.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Maya if from South America...I forgot her super hero name.... Kismet orsomething I think... she bonded with SUpes when he cracked Imperiexes armor.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:53 pm

minimalist wrote:
Remember JL Europe? and JL international? Tons more also that I could name off thetop ofmy head... and probly a lot more if I researched.

That's what I was saying Europe seems to have one or two per country and the rest seem to only a have a couple per continent.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:53 pm

minimalist wrote:
pretty sure the current Amazing Man is from New Orleans. I'll look it up now.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:02 pm

in Invincible Iron Man the philippines have their own super hero team.

Russia always seems to have a team of sorts, in either Universe, same with China.

Its more along the lines that they don't get as much recognition as the "american" heroes, but they're definitely out there.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:02 pm

bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:

You're right. Clay is from New Orleans... I thought the first one... Will Everett was AFrican though.... altough he operated in detroit... I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:03 pm

minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:

You're right. Clay is from New Orleans... I thought the first one... Will Everett was AFrican though.... altough he operated in detroit... I could be wrong.
Looked it up, Will Everett was an American Olympian.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:05 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
in Invincible Iron Man the philippines have their own super hero team.
That they killed the next page. Sure they made a new team next issue but still.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:06 pm

bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Ah I see. Thank you.
Can you link me to the website please? Was it DC database?
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 pm

minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Ah I see. Thank you.
Wiki'd actually. I figured good enough for now.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:19 pm

bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Ah I see. Thank you.

Yea Wikipedia is decent sometimes. I'm wary of anything I read from there though since it user created and edited.

ANd I can neer find exactly what I'm looking for... I look up Thor and its never the Thor from Marvel lol. ANyways.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:28 pm

minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Ah I see. Thank you.

Yea Wikipedia is decent sometimes. I'm wary of anything I read from there though since it user created and edited.

ANd I can neer find exactly what I'm looking for... I look up Thor and its never the Thor from Marvel lol. ANyways.

Both Will and Clay are the grandsons of the original Amazing Man who was american.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Thomas wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Ah I see. Thank you.

Both Will and Clay are the grandsons of the original Amazing Man who was american.

I didn't know there was an Amazing Man before Will... was he around during the original JSA run?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:36 pm

minimalist wrote:
Thomas wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:
bayani wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Ah I see. Thank you.

I didn't know there was an Amazing Man before Will... was he around during the original JSA run?

I know that they had him in All-Star Squadron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super-heroes from other countries.   Super-heroes from other countries. Empty

Back to top Go down

Super-heroes from other countries.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next