the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

20 worst super-heroes?

Go down 
+12
PeteWisdom
REEF aka Luke Cage
Figga
Thomas
DanElectro
Liquid Sword
CaptainJoel
GreatWhiteNinja
shazam!
howie024m
Shadowrenderer
GoZ
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

20 worst super-heroes? Empty
PostSubject: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:17 pm

5Dhttp://www.ezpicshare.com/images/the20w-1273743189.jpg%5B/img%5D"]20 worst super-heroes? The20w-1273743189[/URL]
[URL="http://uselessjunk.net/%5Bimg%5Dhttp://www.ezpicshare.com/images/the20w-1273743212.jpg%5B/img%5D"]20 worst super-heroes? The20w-1273743212[/URL]
[URL="http://uselessjunk.net/%5Bimg%5Dhttp://www.ezpicshare.com/images/the20w-1273743236.jpg%5B/img%5D"]20 worst super-heroes? The20w-1273743236[/URL]
[URL="http://uselessjunk.net/%5Bimg%5Dhttp://www.ezpicshare.com/images/the20w-1273743259.jpg%5B/img%5D"]20 worst super-heroes? The20w-1273743259[/URL]
Source
http://www.heavy.com/comedy/2010/04/the-20-worst-superheroes/4/
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:34 pm

I agree with most of these. The Red Bee??? Yikes! Vibe is terrible... Extrano looks hilarious!! Skateman??? wow...

But why are Red Tornado, Shadowhawk & Thunderstrike named with these losers???

& Jack of Hearts has been written well by a few ppl.

I've read a little bit of Tarot & IDK why she's on the list, either.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I agree with most of these. The Red Bee??? Yikes! Vibe is terrible... Extrano looks hilarious!! Skateman??? wow...

But why are Red Tornado, Shadowhawk & Thunderstrike named with these losers???

& Jack of Hearts has been written well by a few ppl.

I've read a little bit of Tarot & IDK why she's on the list, either.

Thunderstrike sucks nuts that's why. He should be ret-conned out of existence. I haven't read much JL, but Red Tornado is incredibly boring to me. Never read any Shadowhawk but the thing about AIDS sounds stupid.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:56 pm

DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT RED TORNADO.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:25 am

shazam! wrote:
DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT RED TORNADO.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:46 am

I actually really like Thunderstrike and Starfox.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:10 am

Thunderstrike was a bad idea.

Never read Shadowhawk but he looks like everything wrong with 90's put in one book.

I'm on the fence about Red Tornado. He kind of is a dumb idea but he's been written really well.

I would have put Skin on that list. One of the dumbest X-Men ever.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:51 am

Liquid Sword wrote:

Never read Shadowhawk but he looks like everything wrong with 90's put in one book.

20 worst super-heroes? Haters-to-funny-o
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:52 am

Jack of Hearts, Thunderstrike, Night Thrasher, Shadowhawk, Dazzler, Starfox, Squirrel Girl and Red Tornado should not be on this list. They may have had dubious sometimes even stupid origins but they've all been written well more or less and have overcome their origins to be decent if not good characters.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:54 am

DanElectro wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

I've actually read the first few issues of Shadowhawk, and that's pretty much a fair assessment.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Thomas wrote:
Jack of Hearts, Thunderstrike, Night Thrasher, Shadowhawk, Dazzler, Starfox, Squirrel Girl and Red Tornado should not be on this list. They may have had dubious sometimes even stupid origins but they've all been written well more or less and have overcome their origins to be decent if not good characters.

You named like half the list.

I'll agree with you on Squirrel Girl. She's a character intended to be a joke.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:

And I like all those characters.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Skin should NOT b on that list cos he's cool. Go read the early Generation X issues.

JLA:The Tornado's Path is what made me like Red Tornado. B4 that I didn't care.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:41 pm

I not really a fan of the original Shadowhawk. A vigilante who breaks evil doers backs? Yes cos there isn't enough ppl in hospital needing 24 hour care. But that was only the first dude. There's actually more b4 him, but he's the 'original', the first we saw in a comic. There's some spirit of the Shadowhawk. Kurt Busiek came up with the idea, actually. The spirit is passed from 1 person 2 the next. So there's a knight Shadowhawk, a cowboy version etc. Idk much more n that tho.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Ccc--ant resist.......

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I not really a fan of the original Shadowhawk. A vigilante who breaks evil doers backs? Yes cos there isn't enough ppl in hospital needing 24 hour care. But that was only the first dude. There's actually more b4 him, but he's the 'original', the first we saw in a comic. There's some spirit of the Shadowhawk. Kurt Busiek came up with the idea, actually. The spirit is passed from 1 person 2 the next. So there's a knight Shadowhawk, a cowboy version etc. Idk much more n that tho.

Basically he took Hawkman and mixed him with Ghost Rider and that's the mystical component of Shadowhawk.
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Figga wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

I've actually read the first few issues of Shadowhawk, and that's pretty much a fair assessment.

Shadowhawk was always a Wolverine rip off to me....
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Skin should NOT b on that list cos he's cool. Go read the early Generation X issues.

You think a mutant who can stretch his skin 5 feet is cool?

Well that's your opinion.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Red Tornado sucks ass.

Man, I hated how the first issues of the new JLA were all about him, I wanted to gouge out my eyeballs after reading that lame ass shit.

I do however enjoyed seeing the Red Tornado in the Brave and the Bold tv series.

I like Squirrel Girl and Jack of Hearts.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:58 pm

Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:

must be a blue moon cuz i pretty much totally agree w/ thomas cept for Shadowhawk but then again i never saw why Maggot got so much haterade spilled his way so guess we can call it even on that score.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:22 pm

There's a vast schism between what a regular comic book reader and what someone with only casual familiarity with comic book characters will find cool. Based on things like origins, names, and costumes alone (not how they may have been written in some stories) it's easy to understand how people would find most of these characters lame.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:16 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Thomas wrote:

must be a blue moon cuz i pretty much totally agree w/ thomas cept for Shadowhawk but then again i never saw why Maggot got so much haterade spilled his way so guess we can call it even on that score.

Maggot is awesome.

Didn't notice him on the list.

And TB is right about the schism.
But still don't talk shit about Red Tornado.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:

I havent read all of The Tornados Path but what I have read made him seem pretty cool, they just need to figure out what to do with him
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Shaun wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I havent read all of The Tornados Path but what I have read made him seem pretty cool, they just need to figure out what to do with him
Yeah he has a pretty weird origin and needs someplace other than the JLA to really find his feet I think.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:14 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Yeah he has a pretty weird origin and needs someplace other than the JLA to really find his feet I think.

Tornado belongs in the JLA its just that every writer pretends to have a new angle on the character but it always ends up the same him being some sad sack motherfucker which makes him come off lame to new readers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 worst super-heroes?   20 worst super-heroes? Empty

Back to top Go down

20 worst super-heroes?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: