the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?

Go down 
+14
Tim Radd
Thomas
GoZ
bayani
MJ
Mr.Wholesome
Maxyboi2424
REEF aka Luke Cage
TJ
True Believer
minimalist
Shadowrenderer
PeteWisdom
THE CAPED CARLITO
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA
Tayley

Male Age : 35

ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:22 pm

maybe a bad choice of words. but i am interested a little. being here has intensified my attraction but yeah, i was interested a little before i came here.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:21 pm

I'll give Doom his credit but have we forgotten about one of the most motivated villains ever?

Magneto Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 10:02 pm

THE CAPED CARLITO wrote:
WELL DC ANYWAY.
THE JOKER DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY OR GAGETS OR THE TEAM BATMAN HAS AND YET HE'S ALMOST ONE A FEW TIMES AND SAME GOES FOR THE OTHER VILLIANS. LOOK AT LEX. JUST A HUMAN AND HE'S ALMOST TAKEN DOWN A GOD-LIKE MAN. WHAT IF THE VILLIANS HAD WHAT THE HEROES HAD? WOULD SUPERMAN AND BATMAN WIN IF LEX HAD SUPER STRENGTH SPEED AND ALL THAT CRAP AND IF THE JOKER HAD A TRILLION DOLLARS AND HAD HIS OWN SIDEKICK?

I'M JUST SAYIN'

No, but they are cooler...

I've always thought the bad guys were cooler looking than the good guys (for the most part).
Who the Hell wants Duke or Shipwreck when you can have Destro or Cobra Commander?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 12:29 am

Leachcraft wrote:
THE CAPED CARLITO wrote:
WELL DC ANYWAY.
THE JOKER DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY OR GAGETS OR THE TEAM BATMAN HAS AND YET HE'S ALMOST ONE A FEW TIMES AND SAME GOES FOR THE OTHER VILLIANS. LOOK AT LEX. JUST A HUMAN AND HE'S ALMOST TAKEN DOWN A GOD-LIKE MAN. WHAT IF THE VILLIANS HAD WHAT THE HEROES HAD? WOULD SUPERMAN AND BATMAN WIN IF LEX HAD SUPER STRENGTH SPEED AND ALL THAT CRAP AND IF THE JOKER HAD A TRILLION DOLLARS AND HAD HIS OWN SIDEKICK?

I'M JUST SAYIN'

No, but they are cooler...

I've always thought the bad guys were cooler looking than the good guys (for the most part).
Who the Hell wants Duke or Shipwreck when you can have Destro or Cobra Commander?

a lot of ppl think like this, but for me the hero is always cooler. & I think, for the most part, they look cooler, too.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:12 pm

The only villian I find more interesting then any hero is Zoom.

That guy genuinely creeps me out.

WONDERFUL character!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 2:55 am

I think villians always have more appeal. They are planners, they have goals and asperations, they are proactive and they live outside the mainstream so laws don't get in their way. Heroes tend to be reactive, they are always behind the curve, because they have to figure out in a short period of time something a villian may have spent months or years planning. They have to live within the constraints of society. Much tougher road being the hero.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 4:04 am

Jim! wrote:
I think villians always have more appeal. They are planners, they have goals and asperations, they are proactive and they live outside the mainstream so laws don't get in their way. Heroes tend to be reactive, they are always behind the curve, because they have to figure out in a short period of time something a villian may have spent months or years planning. They have to live within the constraints of society. Much tougher road being the hero.

clap clap

Although I feel like Zoom defies that definition.

He is an entirely new type of villian. That's why I love him.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 4:06 am

Jim! wrote:

& that's why I prefer heroes, they still win even tho their hands are somewhat tied.

Plus I just don't get the motivation of villains.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 4:39 am

minimalist wrote:

WONDERFUL character!

mini.....

Zoom is my favorite villian.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 4:41 am

minimalist wrote:
Jim! wrote:

clap clap

Although I feel like Zoom defies that definition.

He is an entirely new type of villian. That's why I love him.

Exactly he just wants to make the Flashes better heroes.

Constantly trying to "help" them improve.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
minimalist wrote:

WONDERFUL character!

mini.....

Zoom is my favorite villian.

Zoom zoom zoom
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

& that's why I prefer heroes, they still win even tho their hands are somewhat tied.

They win because they have to. That's how a story works, with very few exceptions. It hardly seems to the credit of the heroes that they have an insurmountable advantage.

And it's not as though villains are homogeneous in their motivations.
Back to top Go down
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA
Tayley

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:25 pm

yeah, i dont know if i look at which character is most interesting or i want to understand more. for me its just the psychoness of a character. theres nothing really to get. he'/she's crazy. thats it. its funny.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 6:52 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

They win because they have to. That's how a story works, with very few exceptions. It hardly seems to the credit of the heroes that they have an insurmountable advantage.

I never said all villains have the same motivations, I said I don't understand them.

& isn't the point often about how hard the hero must fight to overcome the odds?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 6:58 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

I never said all villains have the same motivations, I said I don't understand them.

& isn't the point often about how hard the hero must fight to overcome the odds?

But the conclusion is forgone. They always, eventually, overcome the odds. So, the fact that they win despite "having their hands tied" isn't really to their credit because they're always going to win.

And I don't understand how you you can't understand any villains motivations when they're so varied.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:31 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

But the conclusion is forgone. They always, eventually, overcome the odds. So, the fact that they win despite "having their hands tied" isn't really to their credit because they're always going to win.

And I don't understand how you you can't understand any villains motivations when they're so varied.

Ok so I've yet to understand any villains motives.

Except maybe the Riddler...

& the struggle to overcome the odds is integral to many hero stories. Sometimes it's what makes him/her the hero.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

& the struggle to overcome the odds is integral to many hero stories. Sometimes it's what makes him/her the hero.

I never disputed that. My question was how does that quality make them better than villains.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 8:10 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

I never disputed that. My question was how does that quality make them better than villains.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuum... cos I said so?

there are many villains who had to overcome great odds to get anywere. Magneto had a terrible upbringing & then had his family killed in front of him.

Then again Spidey is inderectly responsible for the death of his uncle.

I think my point is really what you do with the hardships/trials. heroes are nobler (is that a word?) so in my book they're better.

imo
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 8:19 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

there are many villains who had to overcome great odds to get anywere. Magneto had a terrible upbringing & then had his family killed in front of him.

I think my point is really what you do with the hardships/trials. heroes are nobler (is that a word?) so in my book they're better.

imo

Fair enough, but it seemed like you were making a different point altogether, before.

Though even the nobility of the characters is up for debate. Spider-Man simply wants no one to get hurt, which is a noble goal. But someone like, say, Magneto actually wants to make life better for people.

Who's to say that's not noble?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 8:33 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

imo

Fair enough, but it seemed like you were making a different point altogether, before.

Though even the nobility of the characters is up for debate. Spider-Man simply wants no one to get hurt, which is a noble goal. But someone like, say, Magneto actually wants to make life better for people.

Who's to say that's not noble?

Yeah I think I was, just not sure what it was... anyway.

I think it comes down to intent versus outcome. Both Spidey & Magneto have noble intentions but in the end Mags mostly just ends up killing/hurting ppl.

& actually furthering the cause of the "mutie" haters to some extent.

But this is all a matter of perspective. Magneto thinks he's noble & right. as does Doom & Luthor &... anyway....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?   ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARE VILLIANS BETTER THAN HEROES?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4