the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News You Can Use

Go down 
+24
minimalist
Gabe_Gray
twelves
VashtheStampede
howie024m
PeteWisdom
True Believer
Tayley
Figga
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
TJ
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
Leachcraft
shazam!
Shaun
bayani
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Liquid Sword
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

News You Can Use - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Photobucket

Personally, I'm waiting for Shittiest Day....

You haven't enjoyed Blackest Night?

Love Blackest Night...Geoff Johns made me a fan of Green Lantern.

Why the "Shittiest Day" statement then?

Well it's sort of a subtle little "joke", if you will, in regards to DC announcing a "sequel" event to Blackest Night before BN has even wrapped up. Sort of like, "What's next after Brightest Day, Shittiest Day"? Basically, a little word play, just lighthearted rhetoric not to be taken at face value...

yo new topic please this is wayyyy too much discussion over a joke that wasn't that great and caused a borderline squabble which is kinda girly(....light yellow...)

BRIGHTEST DAY!!!!!! come on where the predictions and the future misquotes which will somehow find themselves in the "i called it" threads?????

I already predicted this months ago. They're going to convert the black lantern rings into white lantern rings and anybody who's dead who's wearing one comes back to life. Who else wants the characters who got the different lantern rings in Blackest Night #6 to keep them?
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad i havent read #6 yet damn you use SPOILERS!!!!! i dont want that ruined for me (not directly directed at u thomas but u get what i mean.)
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad i havent read #6 yet damn you use SPOILERS!!!!! i dont want that ruined for me (not directly directed at u thomas but u get what i mean.)

Sorry I thought I posted it in OQL. Without being able to go to Thanagar I haven't been able to post the comics Raziel posts. I have 5 photobucket accounts and they're all full now.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:12 pm

GOOD GOD MAN!!! figga somethin' out lol i need my BN fix!
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:24 pm

I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Thomas wrote:
I already predicted this months ago.

No offense to you but this has got to be on a list of douchiest phrases anyone can say.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:12 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

No offense to you but this has got to be on a list of douchiest phrases anyone can say.

So's your face.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

He predicted it months ago... Evil or Very Mad

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Marvel's Avengers franchise to end in the wake of Siege

* Posted on January 15, 2010 - 05:10 PM by Kevin Melrose

New Avengers: Finale!

April will see both the conclusion of Marvel's Siege four-issue miniseries and the apparent end -- certainly only temporarily -- of the Avengers franchise.

That's right, the publisher's solicitations preview lists the series finales of The New Avengers, Dark Avengers, The Mighty Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative. It also solves the mystery of what comic writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Bryan Hitch have been collaborating on: It's a 64-page one-shot called New Avengers: Finale.

"Siege ends the Avengers ... and this is how I find out?" Bendis joked late this afternoon on Twitter.

References to "the Age of Heroes" and "the Heroic Age" are sprinkled throughout the solicitation text, making it a safe bet that at least some of those titles will quickly return as part of a new status quo teased back in November: "Witness the Marvel Universe triumph over its greatest challenges ever as the Heroic Age ignites! Still lurking in the shadows are forces of evil and cosmic-level threats, but a new spirit of hope, courage, and the selflessness at the heart of heroism will rise up. The most extraordinary tales ever will be told in this Heroic Age of the Marvel Universe. The Age of Heroes is upon us!"
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Marvel's Avengers franchise to end in the wake of Siege

* Posted on January 15, 2010 - 05:10 PM by Kevin Melrose

New Avengers: Finale!

April will see both the conclusion of Marvel's Siege four-issue miniseries and the apparent end -- certainly only temporarily -- of the Avengers franchise.

That's right, the publisher's solicitations preview lists the series finales of The New Avengers, Dark Avengers, The Mighty Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative. It also solves the mystery of what comic writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Bryan Hitch have been collaborating on: It's a 64-page one-shot called New Avengers: Finale.

"Siege ends the Avengers ... and this is how I find out?" Bendis joked late this afternoon on Twitter.

References to "the Age of Heroes" and "the Heroic Age" are sprinkled throughout the solicitation text, making it a safe bet that at least some of those titles will quickly return as part of a new status quo teased back in November: "Witness the Marvel Universe triumph over its greatest challenges ever as the Heroic Age ignites! Still lurking in the shadows are forces of evil and cosmic-level threats, but a new spirit of hope, courage, and the selflessness at the heart of heroism will rise up. The most extraordinary tales ever will be told in this Heroic Age of the Marvel Universe. The Age of Heroes is upon us!"

Heroic Age of Marvel? What's the last 47 years been?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:44 pm

It's funny how they think Hitch is going to have 64 pages finished by April. Has he even finished the last issue of Reborn?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:46 pm

True Believer wrote:
It's funny how they think Hitch is going to have 64 pages finished by April. Has he even finished the last issue of Reborn?

It's probably the reason he hasn't gotten it done.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:

It's probably the reason he hasn't gotten it done.

I doubt it. Why would they interrupt his work on a very time sensitive project, which, when delayed basically fucked up their entire line so he could do work for an April 2010 project?

Of course the more pertinent question is why does Marvel keep putting him on these projects? There are artists as good as and better than him who draw faster. Hell, even McNiven could get it done faster.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 pm

I have a feeling I"m going to hate how this Seige thing ends. Good thing of it is, there won't be any Avengers titles I'll apparently need to pick up.

That being said.. no Avengers? Hmmm

Also didn't you know... Busiek era Avengers was like the Heroic age? Like the Heroes RETURN part.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:58 am

Ofcourse the Avengers will be back with their own book! I just hope it's just the one book though!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 am

DanElectro wrote:
Ofcourse the Avengers will be back with their own book! I just hope it's just the one book though!

They'll probably pull an Amazing Spider-Man and have it come out four times per month. Though I could see them having one or two monthlies on top of that.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:30 am

Here come a ton of self-titles.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:49 am

fuckin marvel
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:22 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

They'll probably pull an Amazing Spider-Man and have it come out four times per month. Though I could see them having one or two monthlies on top of that.

Did you know- Spidey has more than one monthly now! And that's not including the ultimate book and other mini's and one shots. It won't be long until there are more.

I just always hated the idea of more than one Avengers book. It's becoming like all the x-titles which I now don't buy until they come out in trade. Not only is it unfair to peoples' budgets but there is only so much f'n storage space for comics until you're living with the shit in your bedroom, living room, kitchen...
*sigh* I need to rent storage space or pull an Uncle Jim giveaway!
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 am

DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Did you know- Spidey has more than one monthly now! And that's not including the ultimate book and other mini's and one shots. It won't be long until there are more.

I just always hated the idea of more than one Avengers book. It's becoming like all the x-titles which I now don't buy until they come out in trade. Not only is it unfair to peoples' budgets but there is only so much f'n storage space for comics until you're living with the shit in your bedroom, living room, kitchen...

I have give aways all the time, or I let people borrow stuff and never get it back.
Either way I only have about 100 comics now. Not counting trades.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:58 am

DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

If you pulled an Uncle Jim-esque giveaway I would love you forever.

I think Uncle Jim's giveaway was the single best thing that has ever been done in comicdom on the ARA.

And I'm glad my comics don't take up much space... I've always made sure I've got a place for them in my home. Especially after I put them in actual "Official" comic boxes, but probably by the time I'm in my 40s all have space problems no matter how much space I allow them.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:56 pm

DanElectro wrote:

I disagree, I think 2 Avengers books would be ok with me (Mighty and regular) mainly because there are so many good characters that could use the exposure and limelight
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I knew there was at least one more monthly (not including Ult.) and mini's, as usual.

If they do it with the Avengers I'm calling them doing it with the X-Men too. But they will either do X-Men and Uncanny X-Men both twice a month or they will have one go weekly and the other stay a monthly.

AND, Jim's giveaway was the best thing to ever happen on the ARA--even if I was too late to get in on it.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 am

Why don't you just throw them up on craigslist?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanos is coming back.

News You Can Use - Page 3 73510comic_storystory_full-3400835.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News You Can Use   News You Can Use - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

News You Can Use
Page 3 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next