the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)

Go down 
+12
fourly
Shadowrenderer
GoZ
Figga
Brian21
True Believer
markrocks
Liquid Sword
PeteWisdom
Thomas
CaptainJoel
TJ
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:18 pm

markrocks wrote:
hawkman 1-4 are disapionting. it doesnt suck ,more like hard to follow.

the art is meh, its kinda hard to follow. small panels that are close ups but should be pulled back a little. confusing is all have to say.

Tony Daniel is writing this so its going to be the same formula he used in batman. short 3-4 issue stories with a filler issue then the next arc. the paceing for this is off. if he wants to keep ppl interested he needs to tell the origin clearly. definitivly.

in 4 the reader has to infer that carter hall doesnt know about thanigar or katar hol. he bonded with the nth metal and has some kinda conection to the hawk god now. he is not just a guy with wings anymore.
its full of aliens so i wonder what the hell stormwatch is doing. aren't they the men in black of the new dcu?

this better get better.

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 The-savage-hawkman-1

It actually reminds me of the hybrid Hawkman right after Zero Hour except that was actually pretty good and this really isn't.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 pm

So Johns went and fixed everything that was wrong with Hawkman, and turned him back into a badass character, and the new DCU has fucked him up again?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:23 am

GoZ wrote:
So Johns went and fixed everything that was wrong with Hawkman, and turned him back into a badass character, and the new DCU has fucked him up again?

Bullseye
You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 0bullseye
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Figga wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
Spider-Island was stupid. I've given up on Spidey for the final time, and I ain't coming back this time.

Damn, I kind of liked Spider-Island. Dan Slott has made the book fun again, imo.

Crunksigned. Spider-Island should be the template for how Marvel does events.

Spider-Island was the shit.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:04 pm

So Far I haven't read the 3rd Issue of Wolverine and the X-Men yet but I'm really not seeing what the hype is about.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Beast as the mad scientist type, but who knows. I don't really care for that.

Idie is absolutely terrible. I mean, there's few X things I hate more than Idie. Which brings me to my next comment..

I really really don't care for evil mastermind by the age of 12, the new Hellfire Club. I know they were a big part of Schism, and seem to be a big part of right now, but eh. Evil Kids really aren't anything new or all that intimidating anymore.

I like Ice Man in this book, and I like Bachalos art. Writing I don't care for... and I really find myself not really enjoying much of anything Aaron writes.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:11 pm

GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
Deadpool MAX feels like they're trying too hard to be a "mature" Deadpool book.

Yeah, I agree....Normally, I like Kyle Baker's art, but don't think it fits the theme.....

The art looks like it'd accentuate Deadpool's normal brand of comedy, but it just hasn't been a funny story. In fact, it's been kind of a bummer.

All things considered, I like Lapham's writing on the last two Crossed minis. I guess I was hoping for more of something that resembled Ennis' run on Punisher MAX
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:12 am

PeteWisdom wrote:

So Far I haven't read the 3rd Issue of Wolverine and the X-Men yet but I'm really not seeing what the hype is about.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Beast as the mad scientist type, but who knows. I don't really care for that.

Idie is absolutely terrible. I mean, there's few X things I hate more than Idie. Which brings me to my next comment..

I really really don't care for evil mastermind by the age of 12, the new Hellfire Club. I know they were a big part of Schism, and seem to be a big part of right now, but eh. Evil Kids really aren't anything new or all that intimidating anymore.

I like Ice Man in this book, and I like Bachalos art. Writing I don't care for... and I really find myself not really enjoying much of anything Aaron writes.

it looks to me as if they turned it into a kids book.
the point i missed was why did they want to make the change in the fist place? yeah, they wanted to bring in new creater teams and mix it up a bit but IMO if it wasnt broke why fix it?

i mean they even got mark brooks to do upcoming covers. as good as he is he is known for doing kid stuff.

that book fustrates me.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:42 am

I've hated every single thing Jason Aaron has ever written......
Back to top Go down
fourly
Youngling
Youngling
fourly

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:20 am

The new Uncanny X-men. The Colossonaut especially. I just wanted more from an arc featuring Mr. Sinister.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:39 am

fourly wrote:
The new Uncanny X-men. The Colossonaut especially. I just wanted more from an arc featuring Mr. Sinister.

Welcome to the ARA.

p.s. I like the idea of Colossunaut. But it ended up not being a very big deal, which kind sucks.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:50 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
fourly wrote:

Welcome to the ARA.

p.s. I like the idea of Colossunaut. But it ended up not being a very big deal, which kind sucks.

Eh, we'll see how it pans out. I don't think it'll just end where its at anyways. I trust in Gillen.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 am

markrocks wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

the point i missed was why did they want to make the change in the fist place? yeah, they wanted to bring in new creater teams and mix it up a bit but IMO if it wasnt broke why fix it?

i mean they even got mark brooks to do upcoming covers. as good as he is he is known for doing kid stuff.

that book fustrates me.

My comic book guy thinks that they had some unused script ideas from the Wolverine and the X-Men show, and since it was cancelled, and they paid for the scripts, they implemented them into the comic series and try to appeal to those who did watch the show.... or something. Kinda makes sense and gives some reason to why Schism came out of NOWHERE.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:06 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
fourly wrote:

Welcome to the ARA.

Eh, we'll see how it pans out. I don't think it'll just end where its at anyways. I trust in Gillen.

I also see Colossonaut as something that'll be more of a big deal later and not so much as something that was gonna hit the ground running (pun?)
Back to top Go down
fourly
Youngling
Youngling
fourly

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
fourly wrote:

Welcome to the ARA.

Thanks. Glad to be here. I liked the idea too. Which is why I'm disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sink
The Omega
The Omega
Sink

Male Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:03 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
markrocks wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

that book fustrates me.

My comic book guy thinks that they had some unused script ideas from the Wolverine and the X-Men show, and since it was cancelled, and they paid for the scripts, they implemented them into the comic series and try to appeal to those who did watch the show.... or something. Kinda makes sense and gives some reason to why Schism came out of NOWHERE.

The Schism is the event where a bunch of Mandalorian clans fought each other, almost to extinction. Most houses fell and a new Mandalore took control of the army.

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 Gijoe_38578
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:08 pm

-Everything Invaders that doesnt have the real Invaders team

-DEADPOOL MAX, and here's why Ive been saying this for years but Baker's book Plastic Man: On The Lam is fucking amazing so a character like Deadpool is right up his alley but the book is just...ughhh....

-Fear Itself FUCK THAT ENDING STRAIGHT UP

-Batman:Odyssey WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT EVEN ABOUT??? Like how did that shit even make it to print straight up, someone should lost their job over that one.

-Jeph Loeb's anything he's ever written ever cuz even if it is good how bad all his shit is now just makes his good stuff depressing as fuck to read. ESPECIALLY ULTIMATES 3 GOOOOOD DAAAAAAAAMN that shit was so awful and theres no reason why Loeb had a beyond sick artists and they gave him all the best toys to play with The Ultimates, Spidey, Venom, The Brotherhood AND motherfuckin Ultron all in one story and its a shitty story....SERIOUSLY....SERIOUSLY HOW DO YOU FUCK THAT UP you could have em just brawling every panel, every page for 12 issues and if the dialogue is half decent ppl would still eat that shit up.

-Also how little all the THIS IS THE MOST BAD ASS HULK EVER WWH actually mattered past the one event. Ok yeah we got some cool characters like Skaar out of all that stuff but Hulk isn't really any different a character now than he was waaaay before Pak and thats kinda weaksauce yo
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:17 pm

OH YEAH AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING DR. STRANGE over the last couple years its just... ughhh
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:21 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
OH YEAH AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING DR. STRANGE over the last couple years its just... ughhh

Everything but this has been booty.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:33 pm

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Everything but this has been booty.

EXACTLY. and this just proves that uh hey good Dr.Strange stories...not that hard bruh
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:04 pm

There's potential for Strange in The Defenders.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

im so behind on wtf is goin on right now lol theres a new Defenders book? Im assuming this is branching out of the Loa/Strange/Lyra/Namor team up in Fear Itself
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
-Everything Invaders that doesnt have the real Invaders team

-DEADPOOL MAX, and here's why Ive been saying this for years but Baker's book Plastic Man: On The Lam is fucking amazing so a character like Deadpool is right up his alley but the book is just...ughhh....

-Fear Itself FUCK THAT ENDING STRAIGHT UP

-Batman:Odyssey WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT EVEN ABOUT??? Like how did that shit even make it to print straight up, someone should lost their job over that one.

-Jeph Loeb's anything he's ever written ever cuz even if it is good how bad all his shit is now just makes his good stuff depressing as fuck to read. ESPECIALLY ULTIMATES 3 GOOOOOD DAAAAAAAAMN that shit was so awful and theres no reason why Loeb had a beyond sick artists and they gave him all the best toys to play with The Ultimates, Spidey, Venom, The Brotherhood AND motherfuckin Ultron all in one story and its a shitty story....SERIOUSLY....SERIOUSLY HOW DO YOU FUCK THAT UP you could have em just brawling every panel, every page for 12 issues and if the dialogue is half decent ppl would still eat that shit up.

-Also how little all the THIS IS THE MOST BAD ASS HULK EVER WWH actually mattered past the one event. Ok yeah we got some cool characters like Skaar out of all that stuff but Hulk isn't really any different a character now than he was waaaay before Pak and thats kinda weaksauce yo

agreed.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:50 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

im so behind on wtf is goin on right now lol theres a new Defenders book? Im assuming this is branching out of the Loa/Strange/Lyra/Namor team up in Fear Itself

Pretty much. Plus Iron Fist.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Old Man Logan. i did not care for it. i would just like tho act like it never happend.

Chuck Austins and kia asimia X-men.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Pretty much. Plus Iron Fist.

No it's Strange, Namor, Silver Surfer, Red She-Hulk (still using that sword from Fear Itself only it's depowered now), and Iron Fist. The first two issues are in OQL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next