the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)

Go down 
+12
fourly
Shadowrenderer
GoZ
Figga
Brian21
True Believer
markrocks
Liquid Sword
PeteWisdom
Thomas
CaptainJoel
TJ
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) Empty
PostSubject: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:24 am

This is a comic edition for comic events that you were dissapointed in recently. I was dissapointed recently in Guardians of the Galaxy. Adam Warlock becomes the Magus in our timeline and I'm thinking this is going to be cool and possibly the next big cosmic event. And it just goes for a couple issues and than literally Bang its done. And I just sat there going "c'mon. seriously?" I felt that this was something that could've been great but it was condensed down to like 3-4 issues.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 am

Red Hulk. I was so saddened by that book when it started.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:31 pm

The new Deathlok series I was hoping the it was the 90's Deathlok upgraded and interacting with the present day heroes.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm

The "Justice Leagues" storyline of Justice League of America from the early 2000s.

The whole thing starts out with a sort of Businessman Silver Surfer-type (The Advance Man) arriving on Earth to terraform it for alien overlords that are paying him the big bucks, but one thing is standing in his way...

The Justice League of America, of course!

So he comes up with the idea to have Hector Hammond erase the memory of the JLA from everyone's mind, but of course, at the last possible second Hammond realizes the guy's planning on destroying the inhabitants of Earth so he takes all of the strength he can and forces the idea of the "Justice League of A..." into each of the current members of the League's minds. This ends up giving birth to different Justice Leagues each headed up by a different member of the League.

Justice League of Anarchy (also known as 'HOLY SHIT THIS TEAM IS AWESOME' Plastic Man)
Justice League of Amazons (Wonder Woman)
Justice League of Atlantis (Aquaman)
Justice League of Arkham (Batman)
Justice League of Aliens (Superman/Martian Manhunter)
Justice League of Apostles (Zauriel)
Justice League of Adventure (Flash)
Justice League of Air (Green Lantern)

Anyways, sounds awesome, right?

Nope.

Not only was the arc fucking boring and the characters ranged from super out of character (Batman willing to work with the fucking Joker?) to just being really poorly written, but it ends with Hector Hammond being a super deus ex machina and saving the world in like three fucking pages.

The only real saving factor is that Batman finally comes to his senses and Batmans the FUCK out of the Advance Man.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm incredibly disappointed in the New 52 Superman book.

Its wordy, boring, and well that mostly sums it up.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:32 pm

I haven't read any of that past the first issue.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Mister Terrific series: Honesty the "he's the new Tony Stark" angle didn't really work. They should have done something different.

X-Men Schism: We got some cool team line-ups out of it. And an interesting Hellfire club, but story itself was meh.

Fear Itself: SMH
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Mister Terrific series: Honesty the "he's the new Tony Stark" angle didn't really work. They should have done something different.

X-Men Schism: We got some cool team line-ups out of it. And an interesting Hellfire club, but story itself was meh.

I thought the Hellfire Club was the worst part of that story. The whole "kids aren't supposed to fight" angle was retarded, especially coming from Logan.

As for Fear Itself. I stand by the fact that it was initially a good story, just the pacing and certain parts were executed poorly.

An evil Asgardian God with powers that of Odin summons his 7 Thors to bring total fear into the world and wipe it into oblivion? And his 7 Worthy are some of the baddest bruisers on the planet too? Awesome. Iron Man sacrifices his pride and honor to Odin to gain weapons to stop the unstoppable threat. Thor strikes down his uncle at the cost of his own life.

It was good story overall, just... done wrong. Its not like the other Marvel events that started out with a bang then collapsed shortly after.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 pm

hey Howie. just remember it IS Adam Warlock we are talking about. he will come back better. i reread those issues and its kinda like they lost their pacing with all those characters they were using and had to "kill off" warlock because they were going to cancel GotG. to me the Magus story line was to big for that one title. and got swept away by having Marvell kill him.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

I thought the Hellfire Club was the worst part of that story. The whole "kids aren't supposed to fight" angle was retarded, especially coming from Logan.

As for Fear Itself. I stand by the fact that it was initially a good story, just the pacing and certain parts were executed poorly.

An evil Asgardian God with powers that of Odin summons his 7 Thors to bring total fear into the world and wipe it into oblivion? And his 7 Worthy are some of the baddest bruisers on the planet too? Awesome. Iron Man sacrifices his pride and honor to Odin to gain weapons to stop the unstoppable threat. Thor strikes down his uncle at the cost of his own life.

It was good story overall, just... done wrong. Its not like the other Marvel events that started out with a bang then collapsed shortly after.

I have to admit that Fear Itself was at a disadvantage from the jump. For starters it's hard not to make GL comparisons. Even though it's not really the same story. Also people have just been burned out on Marvel events. After that you get to the pacing problem, and the fact that even though they said you didn't need to read tie-ins, you actually did need to do that.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

I have to admit that Fear Itself was at a disadvantage from the jump. For starters it's hard not to make GL comparisons. Even though it's not really the same story. Also people have just been burned out on Marvel events. After that you get to the pacing problem, and the fact that even though they said you didn't need to read tie-ins, you actually did need to do that.

if i may enterject here
my problem with FI was that in comics we are told "brains over brawn", right? well how come all the smarty pants science type guys couldnt figga it out? it came down to fighting.

Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:09 pm

markrocks wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

if i may enterject here
my problem with FI was that in comics we are told "brains over brawn", right? well how come all the smarty pants science type guys couldnt figga it out? it came down to fighting.

Wait, since when have comics ever endorsed brains over brawn? Since the original superhero has been a muscle-bound over-powered bruiser whose greatest enemy is a genius non-powered human whose greatest flaw (hubris) is also humanity's?

And doesn't it always come down to punching?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:51 am

True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

if i may enterject here

Wait, since when have comics ever endorsed brains over brawn? Since the original superhero has been a muscle-bound over-powered bruiser whose greatest enemy is a genius non-powered human whose greatest flaw (hubris) is also humanity's?

And doesn't it always come down to punching?

Superman is actually quite intelligent.

Also Tony Stark (brains) did make a sacrifice to Odin and convinced him to aid humanity and he built God weapons to defeat The Worthy.

That wasn't all brawn.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:09 am

Liquid Sword wrote:

Yeah I'm really not liking this book. Mr. Terrific actually seems like Buckaroo Bonzai in this to me. I also find it annoying that Power Girl is in it but so far she's only been used as a possbile love interest and I'm not even sure she has powers, I wish she would have got another series instead.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Spider-Island was stupid. I've given up on Spidey for the final time, and I ain't coming back this time.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Brian21 wrote:
Spider-Island was stupid. I've given up on Spidey for the final time, and I ain't coming back this time.

Damn, I kind of liked Spider-Island. Dan Slott has made the book fun again, imo.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Brian21 wrote:

Damn, I kind of liked Spider-Island. Dan Slott has made the book fun again, imo.

Crunksigned. Spider-Island should be the template for how Marvel does events.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Deadpool MAX feels like they're trying too hard to be a "mature" Deadpool book.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 am

Figga wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Brian21 wrote:

Crunksigned. Spider-Island should be the template for how Marvel does events.

yeah, i agree.
Spidey should be the one marvel comic that is wacky and adventurous.
Slott is willing to take risks or to try out new methods, like taking away his spider sence making every body pissed off only to make it a major plot devise in spider island. comeing up with new ideas like "spider-fu", something he couldnt learn with his spidey sence. making fans say "oh, thats why he did it".
Spider-Man

Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Herc. If you would have told me a weaker Hercules would be even cooler than he was before I would have told you you were crazy. The first story arc was great and then the creative team changed and it was horrible. Now it doesn't look like there's going to br anymore issues for them to turn it around.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:20 am

Figga wrote:
Deadpool MAX feels like they're trying too hard to be a "mature" Deadpool book.

Yeah, I agree....Normally, I like Kyle Baker's art, but don't think it fits the theme.....
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:06 am

The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:58 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:49 am

Batman: Odyssey. What happened to you Neal?
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:45 pm

hawkman 1-4 are disapionting. it doesnt suck ,more like hard to follow.

the art is meh, its kinda hard to follow. small panels that are close ups but should be pulled back a little. confusing is all have to say.

Tony Daniel is writing this so its going to be the same formula he used in batman. short 3-4 issue stories with a filler issue then the next arc. the paceing for this is off. if he wants to keep ppl interested he needs to tell the origin clearly. definitivly.

in 4 the reader has to infer that carter hall doesnt know about thanigar or katar hol. he bonded with the nth metal and has some kinda conection to the hawk god now. he is not just a guy with wings anymore.
its full of aliens so i wonder what the hell stormwatch is doing. aren't they the men in black of the new dcu?

this better get better.

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) The-savage-hawkman-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) Empty

Back to top Go down

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next