the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC reboots

Go down 
+18
Sink
munson!
xyamuchax
Brian21
True Believer
CaptainJoel
DanElectro
Mr.Wholesome
GreatWhiteNinja
GoZ
Thomas
Figga
Liquid Sword
TJ
bayani
shazam!
Shadowrenderer
markrocks
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

DC reboots - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I don't think giving a timeline is helpful. If you're a new reader picking up any of these books & the first thing you see is "here's what's come before" you're gonna be put off. Most of these books are ground level stuff, but I have no problem with GL & others just continuing on. It's not like a person is gonna be confused reading the first issue of GL. Yeah they'll get stuff has happened previously that they'll probably want to read, but that's not a bad thing imo. Or in DC's cos they'll sell TPB's & stuff.

The bolded portion of that statement seems entirely wrong-headed to me and has been working just fine for Marvel for the past few years.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:45 pm

The timeline Marvel cobbled together that actually has everything listed that happened in each year annoys the shit out of me. It's crazy to think that 4-5 years before Civil War the Fantastic Four became the first superheroes.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:00 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
The timeline Marvel cobbled together that actually has everything listed that happened in each year annoys the shit out of me. It's crazy to think that 4-5 years before Civil War the Fantastic Four became the first superheroes.

It annoys me when they mention that Civil War only happened (at most) a year ago.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:45 am

Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

It annoys me when they mention that Civil War only happened (at most) a year ago.
That annoys the shit out of me, too! There is no way that much shit could have happened within a year.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:50 am

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
I don't think giving a timeline is helpful. If you're a new reader picking up any of these books & the first thing you see is "here's what's come before" you're gonna be put off. Most of these books are ground level stuff, but I have no problem with GL & others just continuing on. It's not like a person is gonna be confused reading the first issue of GL. Yeah they'll get stuff has happened previously that they'll probably want to read, but that's not a bad thing imo. Or in DC's cos they'll sell TPB's & stuff.

The bolded portion of that statement seems entirely wrong-headed to me and has been working just fine for Marvel for the past few years.
On issue 1 comics that are supposed to be a restart? I stand by my statement.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 am

Also, I hate that page Marvel does. When I open a comic I wanna see a comic page first not a recap/credits pages. It's boring. I much prefer what they used to do, & what DC have been doing with a short intro to the character with credits etc. On a comic page not a whole damned page dedicated to that rubbish.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 am

I love the recap page, very helpful to someone that may miss an issue and can have it summarized for them. I especially love it in cases like Dark Young Avengers where they straight up say what happened in the last issue instead of leaving you to think about it because the writer's a pussy.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:19 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
I love the recap page, very helpful to someone that may miss an issue and can have it summarized for them. I especially love it in cases like Dark Young Avengers where they straight up say what happened in the last issue instead of leaving you to think about it because the writer's a pussy.

Or if the story isn't that memorable, it's good to have that reminder...

But if Marvel wanted to be cool about it, they could just put it on the inside cover.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 pm

I liked the old recap pages Marvel used to have in the mid-late 90's that had the fold out recap things inside the cover.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Or if the story isn't that memorable, it's good to have that reminder...

But if Marvel wanted to be cool about it, they could just put it on the inside cover.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
xyamuchax
Youngling
Youngling
xyamuchax

Male Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Brian21 wrote:
I liked the old recap pages Marvel used to have in the mid-late 90's that had the fold out recap things inside the cover.
Actually I hated those they were so lame what a waste of paper and it's bad for the environment!
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:19 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

That annoys the shit out of me, too! There is no way that much shit could have happened within a year.

Does the new Marvel "Time" mean that Frank Castle became The Punisher in Desert Storm instead of Vietnam?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:06 am

GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Does the new Marvel "Time" mean that Frank Castle became The Punisher in Desert Storm instead of Vietnam?

Probably Kosovo.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 am

Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

Makes Sense...No yellow....
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:29 am

GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

I'm not sure, Marvel people were talking on the Marvel podcast a while back and they said Vietnam is still canon because vets from any other war wouldn't have become the Punisher.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

I'm not sure, Marvel people were talking on the Marvel podcast a while back and they said Vietnam is still canon because vets from any other war wouldn't have become the Punisher.

So, are we to believe Frank Castle is 60+ years old?
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 am

GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

I was thinking the same thing for a while but I actually read somewhere...can't remember where...that it's still Vietnam.

Fury, Cap, and Buck, however, are now are products of Desert Storm

Last edited by DanElectro on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:38 am

GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

I'd read a nursing home Frank Castle book.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 am

Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

The further adventures of Frank Castle: Retiree. Now he has to deal with incontinence & dementia...
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:22 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

The further adventures of Frank Castle: Retiree. Now he has to deal with incontinence & dementia...

...and orderlies that steal his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:54 am

Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

& the other old guys who keep cheating at cards...
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

They should do a flashback that shows Frank finding some Infinity Formula soon after he became the Punisher.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Figga wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

atleast theres jello in the cafeteria
Back to top Go down
munson!
Highlander!
Highlander!
munson!

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Thomas wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Figga wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Probably Kosovo.

They should do a flashback that shows Frank finding some Infinity Formula soon after he became the Punisher.

i was just thinking the same shit!!!
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:02 pm

^^^ Howitzer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content