the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC reboots

Go down 
+18
Sink
munson!
xyamuchax
Brian21
True Believer
CaptainJoel
DanElectro
Mr.Wholesome
GreatWhiteNinja
GoZ
Thomas
Figga
Liquid Sword
TJ
bayani
shazam!
Shadowrenderer
markrocks
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

DC reboots - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm pretty sure he is supposed to be pretty old. But he's died at least twice, now, so maybe they'll figure that into his timeline somehow as an explanation for his relative youth.
Back to top Go down
Sink
The Omega
The Omega
Sink

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Figga wrote:
^^^ Howitzer?

flower
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:00 am

Figga wrote:
^^^ Howitzer?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

best sig
Back to top Go down
soupersaying
Youngling
Youngling
soupersaying

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:50 pm

True Believer wrote:
I'm pretty sure he is supposed to be pretty old. But he's died at least twice, now, so maybe they'll figure that into his timeline somehow as an explanation for his relative youth.

i always pictured him at like 48, but years of fighting and hard living made him a tough bastard so he can keep punishing until hes in his 60s. i know if he was in vietnam hed be older but to me hes always been 48
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:29 pm

soupersaying wrote:
True Believer wrote:

i always pictured him at like 48, but years of fighting and hard living made him a tough bastard so he can keep punishing until hes in his 60s. i know if he was in vietnam hed be older but to me hes always been 48

More or less the same, I've always pictured him late 40s early 50s but hale and hearty, like Bruce Wayne in TDKR ("Returns" not the upcoming Nolan flick) or Ted Grant.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 am

Batman - 6.5 - Didn't like the art and the fact that he drew Dick and Tim so short. I'm not liking the story so far but it might get better.

Catwoman - 8 - I really liked the art and the story was pretty good. Although I didn't like that Selina didn't think Batman knew her identity.

Red Hood And The Outlaws - 8 - Really liked the artwork and the story was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I didn't like how they changed Starfire though.

Nightwing - 8 - really great art and as cool as Dick was as Batman it just feels good and right to see him as Nightwing again and even better than before.

DC Universe Presents - 7 - The art was pretty good and so was the story. It seems like they're turning Deadman into more of a Quantum Leap.

Green Lantern Corps - 9 - Great art and I really liked the story. Only one mention of John being a marine. Is it just me or did the killed at the beginning look like he was wearing a green version of the armor Guy was wearing right before Zero Hour. I wonder if Guys clone is still around.

Birds Of Prey - 8 - Good art and I liked the story. I just wish we would have seen all of the members of the team together before the end of the first issue.

Blue Beetle - 7 - Good art but did they really need to retell Blue Beetles origin again so soon?

Supergirl - 8 - Art was pretty good and the story was decent if predictable. Another origin it feels too soon to be retelling.

Wonder Woman - 7.5 - the art was ok and so was the story but nothing really great. Wonder Woman's fighting style seems strange.

Captain Atom - 7 - I didn't like the art all that much and I didn't like Captain Atom's new look. It seems like they're just trying to turn him into Captain Manhatten which seems weird since Manhatten was based on Captain Atom.

Legion of Superheroes - 7 - The art was ok and the story had some interesting moments especially the last page. I really like Mon-El's new costume.
Back to top Go down
munson!
Highlander!
Highlander!
munson!

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:14 pm

those all sound awesome, sadly without the omegaeffect ill never read any of them
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:41 pm

munson! wrote:
those all sound awesome, sadly without the omegaeffect ill never read any of them

Facepalm 2
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:29 pm

I know I'm a bit late to this party, but from what I've read so far I've liked Swamp Thing and JLI. Hawk and Dove was ass. And other books like Action, Batgirl and Stormwatch, I'm gonna stick with to see where they go.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:26 pm

I did not like Red Hood and The Outlaws. All the characters were butt holes, and Starfire is now apparently the resident slut of the DCU.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Brian21 wrote:
I did not like Red Hood and The Outlaws. All the characters were butt holes, and Starfire is now apparently the resident slut of the DCU.

Yeah really didn't like how Starfire was portrayed but anything is better than ginger Jason Todd and strung out Red Arrow.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Thomas wrote:
Brian21 wrote:

Yeah really didn't like how Starfire was portrayed but anything is better than ginger Jason Todd and strung out Red Arrow.

I liked Ginger Jason Todd. It was a nice callback to pre-Crisis continuity and Bruce making him dye his hair black gave him an interesting (if whiny) reason to be bitter.

Mind you I'm pretty much referring to his appearance in Batman and Robin, I haven't read anything DC since before Flashpoint.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Thomas wrote:
Brian21 wrote:

Yeah, that's true. It just doesn't seem like a book I'll be picking up again. I can live without a misc. sidekick/firestar gangbang book.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:32 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Brian21 wrote:

I liked Ginger Jason Todd. It was a nice callback to pre-Crisis continuity and Bruce making him dye his hair black gave him an interesting (if whiny) reason to be bitter.

Mind you I'm pretty much referring to his appearance in Batman and Robin, I haven't read anything DC since before Flashpoint.

I liked him alright in Under the red hood, and Red Hood: Lost Days by Judd Winick. But I don't know if I really care for him anymore, at least not in this book anyway.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:14 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Brian21 wrote:

It just seemed like a different character to me. Jason has always been angry and homcidal but in Batman and Robin he actually seemed crazy on a level that rivaled the Joker.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:27 am

Just read Red Hood and the Outlaws and that book was completely 100% bullshit. Scott Lobdell can eat a hundred shitdicks for making Starfire into the equivalent of a mindless, sex crazed animal who apparently doesn't remember humans at all because they're beneath her.

Seriously, fuck him.

Also, the book just wasn't good.

About to read Suicide Squad, I'll post my thoughts on it later.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:14 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Just read Red Hood and the Outlaws and that book was completely 100% bullshit. Scott Lobdell can eat a hundred shitdicks for making Starfire into the equivalent of a mindless, sex crazed animal who apparently doesn't remember humans at all because they're beneath her.

Seriously, fuck him.

I agree with what you said but since when did you turn into Munson?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Seriously, fuck him.

I'm not Munson, I just feel really strongly about the last fw things I've been angry about. Man, I gotta tell you, few things have disappointed me as much as how Lobdell has made Starfire. I always had an iffy relationship with the character until she ended up hanging out with Animal Man and now I just feel betrayed they've made her into such a terrible character.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:44 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Seriously, fuck him.

I'm not Munson, I just feel really strongly about the last fw things I've been angry about. Man, I gotta tell you, few things have disappointed me as much as how Lobdell has made Starfire. I always had an iffy relationship with the character until she ended up hanging out with Animal Man and now I just feel betrayed they've made her into such a terrible character.

Glad I'll never have to read that one (except that I'm sure someday I will because, secretly, i enjoy my impotent rage.) And now that I know Lobdell's writing it, it makes sense. Lobdell gives no fuck about prior characterization even of the writers who wrote the book immediately before him, (see: his Uncanny X-Men run) much less the characterization of the person who created the character and used them better than anyone else was subsequently able to (see: Marv Wolfman.) A company-wide continuity overhaul just gives him the perfect excuse to ass rape your favorite characters' personality and personal history into raw, bloody, chaffing oblivion.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:20 pm

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Seriously, fuck him.

Glad I'll never have to read that one (except that I'm sure someday I will because, secretly, i enjoy my impotent rage.) And now that I know Lobdell's writing it, it makes sense. Lobdell gives no fuck about prior characterization even of the writers who wrote the book immediately before him, (see: his Uncanny X-Men run) much less the characterization of the person who created the character and used them better than anyone else was subsequently able to (see: Marv Wolfman.) A company-wide continuity overhaul just gives him the perfect excuse to ass rape your favorite characters' personality and personal history into raw, bloody, chaffing oblivion.
Which he clearly did with Starfire! I'm telling you, he could not have made her a worse character. I'm given over to blinding rage every time I think about who she's supposed to be now.. She's ruined. This is something that I wouldn't have thought weird if it was supposed to be an Elseworld, but we're supposed to accept this as the new Starfire? It's just heartbreaking on every single level. To think that people let him go through with this is mindblowing and makes me think that most people over at DC must not give a shit about Starfire as a character.

-------------
I read Suicide Squad and I really loved it. I especially like Harley and am excited to see her origin.

Batman was good, pretty much more of the same. Great art, but really annoyed by the height thing (like Thomas said), and the way the Joker was drawn.

Nightwing is my second favorite only to Suicide Squad and I'm really intrigued by that badass guy with the X-23 claws. I'm also glad that Nightwing and batman are going to be having an intertwining storyline.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:22 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Seriously, fuck him.

Which he clearly did with Starfire! I'm telling you, he could not have made her a worse character. I'm given over to blinding rage every time I think about who she's supposed to be now.. She's ruined. This is something that I wouldn't have thought weird if it was supposed to be an Elseworld, but we're supposed to accept this as the new Starfire? It's just heartbreaking on every single level. To think that people let him go through with this is mindblowing and makes me think that most people over at DC must not give a shit about Starfire as a character.

-------------
I read Suicide Squad and I really loved it. I especially like Harley and am excited to see her origin.

Batman was good, pretty much more of the same. Great art, but really annoyed by the height thing (like Thomas said), and the way the Joker was drawn.

Nightwing is my second favorite only to Suicide Squad and I'm really intrigued by that badass guy with the X-23 claws. I'm also glad that Nightwing and batman are going to be having an intertwining storyline.

Yeah, the book was crap. I hope Lobdell does a better job with Teen Titans. But he'll probably have Tim Drake banging all the female characters by issue 2.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:52 am

Did anyone find that mystery broad in Wonder Woman?
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:31 am

Figga wrote:

DC reboots - Page 5 S210
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:50 am

DanElectro wrote:
Figga wrote:

DC reboots - Page 5 S210

Thanks.

*hat-tipping emoticon goes here*

Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Superman - 7.5 - the art was pretty good and the story wasn't bad although the action was pretty boring. A one-shot fire creature is how they're going reintroduce one of their flagship books, really? The destruction of the old Daily Planet felt like it symbolized the destruction of the old DC universe. The one thing I hated with a passion was that scene that we saw a preview of a few months ago with Clark coming to Lois' door and dismissing Clark for that major tool.

Green Lanterns: New Guardians - 8 - the art was decent and the story was good but the one thing I didn't like was the revisionist history with Gantlet being glad he picked Kyle.

Teen Titans - 7 - didn't like the art and not enough happened, I kept looking and checking to make sure there wasn't more to the story.

Savage Hawkman - 7 - The art and story were ok but I was kind of hoping that they would be able to recapture how awesome they made Hawkman in his most recent series.

Fury Of Firestorm - 7.5 - the art is good and it started out pretty good but then it seemed to go off the rails in the last few pages.

Aquaman - 9.5 - I was surprised that this was one of the best books from the reboot, I expected it to be at best somewhere in the middle but Johns and Reis do it again and make me give a fuck about a character that I only liked a little.

Flash - 8.5 - Manipul is still one of my favorite artists and makes the Flash feel fresh. I'm not as pissed off as I though I'd be with Barry and Iris not being married anymore, it's probably because I really haven't seen much of Barry except in the last year and in a few other things. I never got all that emotionally invested in their relationship. I'm still hoping they get together eventually but I can wait and see.

Batman: The Dark Knight - 8.5 - Great art and the story was the best of the Bat books next to Nightwing.

All-Star Western - 7.5 - I've never been a huge fan of Jonah but this story was pretty interesting.

Justice League Dark - 9 - Great art and a great story it was as good as I ws hoping it would be and I can't wait for more.

I, Vampire - 8.5 - This was an out of the blue surprise. I liked this book a lot more than I thought I would.

Voodoo - 7.5 - This started out good but then towards the end the character felt like a complete stranger.

Blackhawks - 6 - Just a generic G.I. Joe wannabe, I don't think I'll be getting the next issue. I wish they would have done a Team 7 or Wetworks book instead of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC reboots   DC reboots - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC reboots
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: