the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Un-Recommendations

Go down 
+14
Mr.Wholesome
Thomas
Tim Radd
Liquid Sword
Shaun
Figga
NoLuv4Hoes
PeteWisdom
howie024m
TJ
GoZ
shazam!
CaptainJoel
True Believer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

Un-Recommendations - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:14 am

Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:

They don't have cool thunder powers.

neither did Beta Ray Bill or Masterson b4 they were made weapons of their own.

and i know i've asked thid b4 but does anyone know wtf happened to Thunderstrike's hammer after he died?

Oh right.

Well, I guess Odin must just think they're fags or something.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is that why Odin never acknowledged Balder as his son?

But if they all had weapons, Thor would not be as badass by comparison.

thats dumb of course Thor would still be bad ass by comparison he's fuckin Thor mang.

No way man. If they all had weapons that controlled elements like Thor then Thor wouldn't be the most powerful anymore. Maybe if they were weaker weapons like Thomas suggests, but I think that would be more dumb to give them weapons and say, "Ya but Mjollnir is still more powerful" and it would just be a matter of time before they were as powerful. And then, absolutely, Thor would not look as baddass by comparison any longer, because wait...Balder is just as powerful as you are now. Balder should join the Avengers then. Why would Thor be so special now???

Eh. To me, that's kind of like saying: "If there's a planet full of Kryptonians with all the same powers, now, whats so special about Superman?"

Power alone does not necessarily equate to badassery. Strength, skill, and experience would also factor into it (here, strength ≠ power) and in those areas Thor would still prove himself superior . . . And in case you're wondering so would Supes.

That and not to mention the could just give Thor more of the Odinforce and keep it that way... so you know...

Doesn't matter how badass and Uruery their weapons will be... Thor = BRB >>> other Asgardians.

I put it that way because I think BRB is a badass and needs to be used again damn it!!!

what if they divided the Odinforce between the Asgardians?

idk that kinda sounds like overkill, make all the gods more god-y? i could see if it was hidden in them but for them to actively wield that much power would kinda just serve to make the gov't to get all assholey like the crap General Lane's pulling with the Kryptonians in DC. not even fury would be okay with that especially if asgard remains on earth.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:33 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

and i know i've asked thid b4 but does anyone know wtf happened to Thunderstrike's hammer after he died?

Oh right.

thats dumb of course Thor would still be bad ass by comparison he's fuckin Thor mang.

No way man. If they all had weapons that controlled elements like Thor then Thor wouldn't be the most powerful anymore. Maybe if they were weaker weapons like Thomas suggests, but I think that would be more dumb to give them weapons and say, "Ya but Mjollnir is still more powerful" and it would just be a matter of time before they were as powerful. And then, absolutely, Thor would not look as baddass by comparison any longer, because wait...Balder is just as powerful as you are now. Balder should join the Avengers then. Why would Thor be so special now???

Eh. To me, that's kind of like saying: "If there's a planet full of Kryptonians with all the same powers, now, whats so special about Superman?"

Power alone does not necessarily equate to badassery. Strength, skill, and experience would also factor into it (here, strength ≠ power) and in those areas Thor would still prove himself superior . . . And in case you're wondering so would Supes.

That and not to mention the could just give Thor more of the Odinforce and keep it that way... so you know...

Doesn't matter how badass and Uruery their weapons will be... Thor = BRB >>> other Asgardians.

I put it that way because I think BRB is a badass and needs to be used again damn it!!!

idk that kinda sounds like overkill, make all the gods more god-y? i could see if it was hidden in them but for them to actively wield that much power would kinda just serve to make the gov't to get all assholey like the crap General Lane's pulling with the Kryptonians in DC. not even fury would be okay with that especially if asgard remains on earth.

This is one of the unintentionally funniest exchanges I've read on here in a while!!!

And, NoLuv, did you maybe mean the Gods more "gaudy" cause you know...there's potential there

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:14 am

DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Oh right.

This is one of the unintentionally funniest exchanges I've read on here in a while!!!

And, NoLuv, did you maybe mean the Gods more "gaudy" cause you know...there's potential there

Spoiler:

Were you going thorough my homoerotic record collection again?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:09 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Oh right.

yea that makes sense NoLuv, I was thinking that they would be just a little more powerful

either that or have the Asgaridan weapons enchanted, like Volstagg's sword have a property like the Golden Fleece in God of War 2 since he prides himself on his guard
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

Loeb has no business writing ultimate anything.
He clearly has no understanding of the universe.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Oh right.

yea that makes sense NoLuv, I was thinking that they would be just a little more powerful

either that or have the Asgaridan weapons enchanted, like Volstagg's sword have a property like the Golden Fleece in God of War 2 since he prides himself on his guard

i could see that working out more so, im rusty on my norse mythology but im sure theres all kinds of "legendary" junk marvel could incorporate into the books.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
howie024m wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

i could see that working out more so, im rusty on my norse mythology but im sure theres all kinds of "legendary" junk marvel could incorporate into the books.

probably but I dunno anymore than you do
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:45 pm

shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

Ultimate X is pretty good...
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

meh i doubt its good enough to make up for the garabage Loeb created. if its an ultimate book and not written by millar or .....bendis...(to a much lesser degree) totally not interested.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

meh i doubt its good enough to make up for the garabage Loeb created. if its an ultimate book and not written by millar or .....bendis...(to a much lesser degree) totally not interested.

Brian K Vaughan's Ultimate X-Men kicked ass.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

That it did. I wasn't all that happy with Kirkman's run tho.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

Kirkman's run was a huge disappointment. I don't completely blame him though. He was supposed to fill in until Bryan Singer took over but I don't remember if that ever even happened. Once Kirkman finally allowed to do more than filler work his stories improved but since Marvel was going to hand the book off as soon as somebody with a bigger name came along Kirkman decided to not take them up on the contract they offered him to continue. His last story with Sinister and Apocolyse was good.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:04 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

Kirkman's run was a huge disappointment. I don't completely blame him though. He was supposed to fill in until Bryan Singer took over but I don't remember if that ever even happened. Once Kirkman finally allowed to do more than filler work his stories improved but since Marvel was going to hand the book off as soon as somebody with a bigger name came along Kirkman decided to not take them up on the contract they offered him to continue. His last story with Sinister and Apocolyse was good.

I thought it was alright but I definitely thought the ending was bullshit
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:07 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

overall the entirety of ult. x-men is a huge rollercoaster it goes from being FUCKIN AWESOME to meh. to SWEET all the time, no consistency there thats my only gripe with it.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:16 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

overall the entirety of ult. x-men is a huge rollercoaster it goes from being FUCKIN AWESOME to meh. to SWEET all the time, no consistency there thats my only gripe with it.

To be honest I thought Ultimate X Men was very consistent up until the Kirkman run. I mean there so many great writers within a span of 100 issues or so.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:59 am

I'm reading through Vaughan's run now. It's pretty cool. Just starting the Magneto story line.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

To be honest I thought Ultimate X Men was very consistent up until the Kirkman run. I mean there so many great writers within a span of 100 issues or so.

I actually love all of the Ultimate X-Men, but I agree with LS here, Kirkman's run was the only real point I felt it get weak at. Every other arc was very good and well done, IMO.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:12 pm

I love all the ultimate books that aren't written by Loeb.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:28 pm

shazam! wrote:

ultimate FF gets a shitty rap, yeah its not as good as Ultimates (non-loeb and for future reference unless explicitly stated im NEVER referring to loeb's run) or Spidey. But i enjoyed the majority of the book over the years.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:43 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:

ultimate FF gets a shitty rap, yeah its not as good as Ultimates (non-loeb and for future reference unless explicitly stated im NEVER referring to loeb's run) or Spidey. But i enjoyed the majority of the book over the years.

Honestly, I think it, like all Ultimate books, started out great. The problem is, it's quality probably lasted the briefest amount of time. By Mike Carey's run it was already getting old and while his first arc was decent after that there wasn't a single issue that was really "good" again.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:34 pm

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Honestly, I think it, like all Ultimate books, started out great. The problem is, it's quality probably lasted the briefest amount of time. By Mike Carey's run it was already getting old and while his first arc was decent after that there wasn't a single issue that was really "good" again.

Meh i blame Ultimatum for that one, if you knew that story was gonna fuck up ur plans AND its not even good, i'd of phoned it in too.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

Actually, I got this mixed up with Ultimate Enemy, which Bendis wrote.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:01 am

Leachcraft wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Ultimatum.

Holy shit. Fuckin gay.

Actually, I got this mixed up with Ultimate Enemy, which Bendis wrote.

HA! SUCK IT TREBEK...i mean loeb....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Un-Recommendations
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: