the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Un-Recommendations

Go down 
+14
Mr.Wholesome
Thomas
Tim Radd
Liquid Sword
Shaun
Figga
NoLuv4Hoes
PeteWisdom
howie024m
TJ
GoZ
shazam!
CaptainJoel
True Believer
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:46 am

I can't believe we don't have a thread for this, yet. Or perhaps we do and I'm gonna look really stupid soon. Anyway, this is a thread for shitty books that you advise people to stay away from.

Batman: The Widening Gyre.

I like Kevin Smith's movies. Chasing Amy is one of my favs. This man has absolutely no business writing Batman. At all.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:48 am

I completely agree with you. Widening Gyre sucks ass.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:48 am

Final Crisis and Secret Invasion.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:49 am

Wolverine:Under The Boardwalk......Big pile O' SUCK!
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:51 am

Avengers: The Initiative. To me had like one or two good story arcs and than the rest was not worth my money.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:52 am

GoZ wrote:

I missed that one, what was it about?
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:57 am

True Believer wrote:
GoZ wrote:

I posted it awhile ago. It was pretty boring. I barely remember what happens.

Last edited by howie024m on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 am

Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum. Skip them and keep your Ultimate U untarnished.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:03 am

True Believer wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Logan has a repressed memory about whacking a guy for a mobster....get's some memory back about it...yadda yadda yadda, the mobster's daughter was manipulating him into trying to dig up dirt on her dad.......he whoops ass, dad shows up at the end...blah blah blah.....weak sauce!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:10 am

shazam! wrote:

Uh you should probably take off Final Crisis from that list.

I get it, you don't like it blah blah blah. But its pretty in depth.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:11 am

TJ wrote:
Avengers: The Initiative. To me had like one or two good story arcs and than the rest was not worth my money.

See I dug most of the Slott stuff, and I loved the Butterball issue. It was a good story.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:12 am

shazam! wrote:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

side note: Batman Unseen, Batman & The Outsiders:Chrysalis tbp, Mighty Avengers (pre- Secret Invasion)... yeah my life was not improved at all by these books in any fashion and theyre not entertaining... like at all
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:16 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
TJ wrote:

See I dug most of the Slott stuff, and I loved the Butterball issue. It was a good story.

Yeah, I stopped reading sometime around Secret Invasion, but I do remember the early stuff being good.

Honestly, this book strikes me as irrelevant now. I mean it came out as a result of Civil War, but the affects of that series are being ignored by almost everyone. The SHRA? No one cares anymore. Why aren't the cops actively pursuing Spider-Man? Or the Initiative. Or anyone but Stormin' Norman and we all know that's not about the SHRA.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:17 am

Jeph Loeb's run on Wolverine from a few years back.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:19 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

side note: Batman Unseen, Batman & The Outsiders:Chrysalis tbp, Mighty Avengers (pre- Secret Invasion)... yeah my life was not improved at all by these books in any fashion and theyre not entertaining... like at all

Batman Unseen.....

Respek Knuckles!
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:31 am

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
TJ wrote:

Yeah, I stopped reading sometime around Secret Invasion, but I do remember the early stuff being good.

Honestly, this book strikes me as irrelevant now. I mean it came out as a result of Civil War, but the affects of that series are being ignored by almost everyone. The SHRA? No one cares anymore. Why aren't the cops actively pursuing Spider-Man? Or the Initiative. Or anyone but Stormin' Norman and we all know that's not about the SHRA.

^this^ once SI was over there was really no point to read that book anymore but it did have a great run for a while. I hope some of the stuff gets shifted over into more relevant books like Tigra's team and underused characters like the Shadow Initiative team and Gravity (dude went from fixing the fabric of time n space in FF to being a dud on the Great Lakes Avengers WTF?).
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:32 am

GoZ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Batman Unseen.....

Respek Knuckles!
lol! high five
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
GoZ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
shazam! wrote:

Batman Unseen.....

Respek Knuckles!
lol! high five

Batman Unseen wasn't very good. It was really hard for me to post all of that but I felt compelled to finish what I had started. Maybe someone was enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:02 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
shazam! wrote:

All the tie ins were great.
But I hated the series itself.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:28 am

shazam! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
shazam! wrote:

All the tie ins were great.
But I hated the series itself.

This applies to both. FC may have had depth, but maybe it had too much. The saying about every comic being someone's first comic certainly didn't apply to FC. SI cost me a small fortune. fuckers...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
TJ wrote:

^this^ once SI was over there was really no point to read that book anymore but it did have a great run for a while. I hope some of the stuff gets shifted over into more relevant books like Tigra's team and underused characters like the Shadow Initiative team and Gravity (dude went from fixing the fabric of time n space in FF to being a dud on the Great Lakes Avengers WTF?).

I like that they spotlightted some underused characters but I cant really get interested in the current story, I really did like what they did with the Shadow Initiative (Constrictor has become one of my favorites and I hope he joins with Songbird and her Thunderbolts)
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
TJ wrote:

I like that they spotlightted some underused characters but I cant really get interested in the current story, I really did like what they did with the Shadow Initiative (Constrictor has become one of my favorites and I hope he joins with Songbird and her Thunderbolts)
I like that a lot of older characters got reboots in the book. But I haven't liked where it's been going with the whole Dark Reign arcs. However I think if the big events thing stops the book will be a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
TJ wrote:

I like that a lot of older characters got reboots in the book. But I haven't liked where it's been going with the whole Dark Reign arcs. However I think if the big events thing stops the book will be a lot better.

definitely, I think that can be said about all the other books too
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:38 pm

True Believer wrote:
I can't believe we don't have a thread for this, yet. Or perhaps we do and I'm gonna look really stupid soon. Anyway, this is a thread for shitty books that you advise people to stay away from.

I like Kevin Smith's movies. Chasing Amy is one of my favs. This man has absolutely no business writing Batman. At all.

I'ma go ahead and say he should not write comics at all.
Nothing he has written, I have liked enough for me to have any faith in him and his comic book writing career.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:25 am

Tim Radd wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I'ma go ahead and say he should not write comics at all.
Nothing he has written, I have liked enough for me to have any faith in him and his comic book writing career.

You didnt like Daredevil or Green Arrow?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Un-Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Un-Recommendations   Un-Recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Un-Recommendations
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: