the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kryptonite

Go down 
+10
GreatWhiteNinja
Hedinnweis
Shadowrenderer
FallOut Pat
Shaun
LifesTruesin
Thomas
PeteWisdom
CaptainJoel
True Believer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Kryptonite - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:33 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
It is an easy out. Something they OVER use on Smallville.

So I'm happy it's rare again. Maybe it'll be more like the early John Byrne days. That'd be good.

& do we really need so many dif. kinds of K?

Yes.

There needs to be one that makes Superman gay.

don't bring that in again, please.

Yes, please don't - but for the record it's the purple kryptonite!

I thought that was Red Krytonite?

Like... he was just agro-closet gay. Hiding it yah know?

Its actually the pink kryptonite, red had a different effect on him each time pre COIE, Post COIE red Kryptonite makes his powers uncontrollable.

Actually it's purple that turns him gay and pink turns him into a chick.

We really need a chart to determine what every color does . . .
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Just go here.
Kryptonite
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:04 pm

Pink K

From Supergirl (vol. 2) #79, an alternate timeline in a 2003 Supergirl storyline by Peter David, this bizarre variety of Kryptonite apparently turned heterosexual Kryptonians temporarily and stereotypically gay; it was seen in just one panel, with Superman giving flattering compliments to Jimmy Olsen about his wardrobe and decorative sense. It spoofs the more "innocent times" of the Silver Age (Lois Lane is depicted in this story as not understanding what's gotten into Superman).

From the wiki page.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:06 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Pink K

From Supergirl (vol. 2) #79, an alternate timeline in a 2003 Supergirl storyline by Peter David, this bizarre variety of Kryptonite apparently turned heterosexual Kryptonians temporarily and stereotypically gay; it was seen in just one panel, with Superman giving flattering compliments to Jimmy Olsen about his wardrobe and decorative sense. It spoofs the more "innocent times" of the Silver Age (Lois Lane is depicted in this story as not understanding what's gotten into Superman).

From the wiki page.

Thanks Dan I was just about to do this.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 am

any time, GWN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:27 am

BAH! i still say one Kryptonite and one only (green) and it should be rare very very rare!
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:28 am

Jim! wrote:
BAH! i still say one Kryptonite and one only (green) and it should be rare very very rare!

SECONDED!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:55 am

Jim! wrote:

I don't mind some of the extras..

like 2-3 of them. But a whole list of 12? No.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:59 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Let's see which ones to keep:
Green
Red (preferably one that works like on Smallville and doesn't have random effects)
Black (it's pretty cool splitting a kryptonians personality into two people)
Silver (makes kryptonians paranoid)
Magic Kryptonite (makes kryptonians high, got to keep that one)
Blue (affects Bizarro like green does normal kryptonians)

Fuck the rest that's about all they need.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Green
Red (preferably one that works like on Smallville and doesn't have random effects)

All we really need is Green and Gold is useful for where Superman loses his powers for good.

And "Magic." We don't need that, it's just awesome and will be the focus of the new Supes title: Stoner Superman.

In said title he doesn't actually do anything or save anyone he just eats brownies and uses X-Ray vision to look through Wonder Woman's top.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:00 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Green

All we really need is Green and Gold is useful for where Superman loses his powers for good.

And "Magic." We don't need that, it's just awesome and will be the focus of the new Supes title: Stoner Superman.

In said title he doesn't actually do anything or save anyone he just eats brownies and uses X-Ray vision to look through Wonder Woman's top.

TB that is pure and utter genius
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:20 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Green

Gold is only good if he needs to use it on some crazy evil Kryptonian. & even then it's a big cop out.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Green

Gold is only good if he needs to use it on some crazy evil Kryptonian. & even then it's a big cop out.

Well, Supes doesn't kill and it's no less of a cop-out than the Phantom Zone. What else is there?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:46 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Green

Well, Supes doesn't kill and it's no less of a cop-out than the Phantom Zone. What else is there?

He could store him in the closet with Aycock.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:52 pm

Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Green

He could store him in the closet with Aycock.

Oh yes! Let's use that tired stand-by to beating Zod!

Zod - "Ah, I don't like your hands there..."

Aycock - "Ask me to kneel..."

Oh, scintillating conversation....
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:54 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Green

True, but it's still a cop out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:38 pm

If I remember my kryptonite history correctly, kryptonite was first introduced during the Superman Radio program. The comic book liked it so much they introduced into Superman stories. The idea of a radioactive piece of krypton reaching earth with the baby Kal-El's ship was far fetched already, but the quantity should have been in milligrams not tonage! But let's suppose kryptonite makes it here - different colors having a different effect? In human terms, different variations of radioactive exposure gives you unique tumors or death. The mutli colored kryptonite is a STUPID idea. One kryptonite and one only - Green!
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Jim! wrote:
If I remember my kryptonite history correctly, kryptonite was first introduced during the Superman Radio program. The comic book liked it so much they introduced into Superman stories. The idea of a radioactive piece of krypton reaching earth with the baby Kal-El's ship was far fetched already, but the quantity should have been in milligrams not tonage! But let's suppose kryptonite makes it here - different colors having a different effect? In human terms, different variations of radioactive exposure gives you unique tumors or death. The mutli colored kryptonite is a STUPID idea. One kryptonite and one only - Green!

How they handed in on Smallville actually made sense. How the Kryptonite got pulled along with the ship as it went through a wormhole or jumped to hyperspace, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
R
the numero uno
the numero uno
R

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 7:11 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Yeah, I'm not liking it...

The earth shuold be made of Kryptonite.

And then, it should smash Clark.

Joel.... ily.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Keep the green, make it rare, ditch the rest...
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 8:12 pm

Jim! wrote:

That's right.

It was introduced to give Clark a break every now & then.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 8:43 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

That's right.

Yeah, but it was the Silver Age.

Every idea introduced in the Silver Age of DC gets a pass and we blame the CCA.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 8:45 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

That's right.

Yeah, but it was the Silver Age.

Every idea introduced in the Silver Age of DC gets a pass and we blame the CCA.

haha true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kryptonite
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: