the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kryptonite

Go down 
+10
GreatWhiteNinja
Hedinnweis
Shadowrenderer
FallOut Pat
Shaun
LifesTruesin
Thomas
PeteWisdom
CaptainJoel
True Believer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:43 pm

So, after the K arc in Superman/Batman all the Kryptonite on Earth is gone (okay, not "all" because Batman's a dick but most).

I am ambivalent about this. From a storytelling standpoint I'm glad they no longer have that easy out. Now it will actually require creativity to create drama in a Superman comic.

Granted, he can still be deprived of yellow sun radiation but, for most stories taking place on Earth he'll be straight.

On the other hand, from a moral standpoint, do you want a guy who's pretty much the most powerful mortal on Earth to be even more invincible? Is that placing too much trust in Clark to always have Earth's best interest at heart?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Yeah, I'm not liking it...

The earth shuold be made of Kryptonite.

And then, it should smash Clark.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:49 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:

Well . . . Uhm . . .

That'll uh . . . That'll make an -- er -- interesting story.

When you're working at DC.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:52 pm

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Well . . . Uhm . . .

I actually have more of a plan for that sort of thing...

It involves lots of red light.

Really thoigh, I think Kryptonite needs to be abundant again.

I don't like that it's running so low of a supply.

Maybe.... an alternate Krypton could blow up and the Challengers of the Unknown could open a portal and bring some more in.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:17 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:

so basically you're stealing the script from the Next Bryan Singer Superman movie huh?

In all seriousness, I'm all for it.

It's rare again. For awhile now, its been getting out of hand.

How many colors of Kryptonite are there now?

like 10? at least?

It's crazy, and I'm glad they're getting rid of it, and forcing creativity rather than "ah ha I have Kryptonite! Superman will bow before me!" for every villian or so.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:18 pm

I don't mind I'm tired of everyone getting Kryptonite. I keep expecting some old lady that Superman helps across the road to whip out some Kryptonite and beat him to death with her cane.

There's still going to be plenty it'll be like it was back before the Kyptonite asteroid broke apart and landed on earth, just enough for the occational use but not enough that everyone has it.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Thomas wrote:
I don't mind I'm tired of everyone getting Kryptonite. I keep expecting some old lady that Superman helps across the road to whip out some Kryptonite and beat him to death with her cane.

There's still going to be plenty it'll be like it was back before the Kyptonite asteroid broke apart and landed on earth, just enough for the occational use but not enough that everyone has it.

Well, getting knocked out by Livewire because there was Kryptonite lying around a movie set is about as embarassing.

And since Bats has all the Kryptonite on the Earth at the moment I expect it won't be cropping up again for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:31 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Well, getting knocked out by Livewire because there was Kryptonite lying around a movie set is about as embarassing.

And since Bats has all the Kryptonite on the Earth at the moment I expect it won't be cropping up again for quite some time.

No the said that Lex Luthor had a whole shit load.
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Male Age : 32

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Well we still got The All American dude....the doomsday clone made up of K. So their is hope they can clone it or somthing.....and look at Dark Knight Returns...Green Arrow made the man made K, so it can be done.....and GL's can copy the radiation of it.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:33 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Unless Clark goes Rogue!

Kryptonite Jsou9f
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:40 pm

Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Are you sure?

Are you talking about

Spoiler:

in the last issue?

Or did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:44 pm

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Are you sure?

Are you talking about

Spoiler:

in the last issue?

Or did I miss something?

spoilers

It was in the last issue I think....not sure if I'm upto date or not, but Bruce and Supes noticed the weapons loaded with K were made by Lex, and he was still producing more bu the way they made it sound so I think he has a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:57 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Are you sure?

Are you talking about

Spoiler:

in the last issue?

Or did I miss something?

spoilers

It was in the last issue I think....not sure if I'm upto date or not, but Bruce and Supes noticed the weapons loaded with K were made by Lex, and he was still producing more bu the way they made it sound so I think he has a lot more.

I don't know I didn't read the newest Superman/Batman the last one i read was the All-American Boy issue.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:58 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Are you sure?

Are you talking about

Spoiler:

in the last issue?

Or did I miss something?

spoilers

Yeah, you haven't read the most recent issue. All that's gone now. I won't tell you any more so as not to ruin it.
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:59 pm

True Believer wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Are you sure?

Are you talking about

Spoiler:

in the last issue?

Or did I miss something?

spoilers

Yeah, you haven't read the most recent issue. All that's gone now. I won't tell you any more so as not to ruin it.

tell me...I'm to broke with out a new job....I can't get any comics
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:00 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:
True Believer wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Are you sure?

Are you talking about

Spoiler:

in the last issue?

Or did I miss something?

spoilers

I could post it if you want.
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:05 pm

True Believer wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:
True Believer wrote:
LifesTruesin wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Are you sure?

Are you talking about

Spoiler:

in the last issue?

Or did I miss something?

spoilers

I could post it if you want.

that works, thank you TB your awsome
Back to top Go down

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:10 pm

Pete's right, Kryptonite should be rare. Back in the '70's they had a story line that after some kryptonite-based expirement went awry and exploded, it made all kryptonite on earth inert. It was agreat story line. They also cut Superman's strength by 25% , making him still mostly invulnernable but he would feel the high energy weapons. Even John Byrnes version of Superman down graded his power in an attempt to humanize his character. But I believe the excessiveness of over-muscled characters in the 90's brought Superman back to the top. Almost by decree, DC has said no one shall be stronger than Superman - and we're back to where we started. I think that all heroes are suffering from steroid abuse when even a middle of the road character like the Ghost rider is capable of lifting 10 tons! Doesn't anyone else think this is bit extreme?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Jim! wrote:
I think that all heroes are suffering from steroid abuse when even a middle of the road character like the Ghost rider is capable of lifting 10 tons! Doesn't anyone else think this is bit extreme?

Nope and Ghost Rider isn't middle of the road. I think it's actually 25 tons now though.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Jim! wrote:
Pete's right, Kryptonite should be rare. Back in the '70's they had a story line that after some kryptonite-based expirement went awry and exploded, it made all kryptonite on earth inert. It was agreat story line. They also cut Superman's strength by 25% , making him still mostly invulnernable but he would feel the high energy weapons. Even John Byrnes version of Superman down graded his power in an attempt to humanize his character. But I believe the excessiveness of over-muscled characters in the 90's brought Superman back to the top. Almost by decree, DC has said no one shall be stronger than Superman - and we're back to where we started. I think that all heroes are suffering from steroid abuse when even a middle of the road character like the Ghost rider is capable of lifting 10 tons! Doesn't anyone else think this is bit extreme?

Well I mean....

he is a demon...

shouldn't he have enhanced strength and durability?

10 tons in on the low side.

Anyways I get what you mean though. Wolverine is up to 10 tons right? Cap is 15 or something?

They're only supposed to be "peak" condition or something ya? Oh well.

At least Luke Cage is... wait......

Damn YOU BENDIS!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:09 pm

Actually...

Cage's strength should only increase when he's owed large sums of money.

the smaller the stash, the weaker he is...

course you know... this, in a way could be defined as "Omega Level" and well... that would be an atrocity.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:11 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

course you know... this, in a way could be defined as "Omega Level" and well... that would be an atrocity.

They should have Luke say, "The richer Cage gets, the stronger Cage gets!"
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

"You don't want to owe me money honey.... you won't like it when you owe me money."

especially when there's interest involved.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:36 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

"You don't want to owe me money honey.... you won't like it when you owe me money."

especially when there's interest involved.

that would probably make Cage the greatest character ever!!!
Back to top Go down
FallOut Pat
Youngling
Youngling
FallOut Pat

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:43 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Well . . . Uhm . . .

I actually have more of a plan for that sort of thing...

It involves lots of red light.

Really thoigh, I think Kryptonite needs to be abundant again.

I don't like that it's running so low of a supply.

Maybe.... an alternate Krypton could blow up and the Challengers of the Unknown could open a portal and bring some more in.

When you said "it involes lots of red lights" Joel, I just had the idea of Superman sitting at a red light getting weaker and weaker waiting for it to turn green haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kryptonite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite Empty

Back to top Go down

Kryptonite
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: